Twenty Two

Double-minded

"Baby, we're almost up," Jungkook said, putting his hand on my knee. I blinked a few times to process what he was saying. My heart was just starting to calm down, but now it's going at full speed again. My palms were sweating, beads of sweat were forming on my forehead and I was just a mess. 

Jimin, Taehyung and Jin came back from getting food and were shocked to see my state. They formed half a circle in front of me and all knelt down at the same time, which caused me to chuckle. "Aria Jung, you are a great singer. You're on of the best I've heard. How can you doubt yourself?" Taehyung said. I shrugged and sighed. I, myself, don't even know why I doubt myself. I know I'm okay at singing, not sure if it can be considered the best though. 

"Stop doubting yourself in your head. Just believe us and believe yourself. You. will. pass," Jimin said. Jin nodded and got up from his knelt position, "Aria, you'll be fine. I believe in you and they do too." He patted my head and smiled. I slowly nodded and leaned my head on Jungkook's shoulder. I could feel him tense up for a second, before calming down again. He reached out for my hand and held it tight, softly rubbing circles on it. 

"Don't worry, baby. I'll be back in a sec, okay? In the meantime, try to calm yourself down and smile," Jungkook said. I nodded and let go of his hand. He gave me a kiss on top of my head and smiled, "See you."

"Good luck!" I said before he was out of sight. He waved and went through the big doors, together with a few other people. I let out a big sigh, because I knew it was my turn next. Just mere seconds after Jungkook left, I felt like crying already. Luckily, Jimin, Taehyung and Jin were there for me. They were trying really hard to make me laugh and I was so thankful for them. They calmed me down and kept my heart rate down. However, seconds still felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. 

I didn't know how many minutes had passed, but the big doors suddenly opened and a few of the participants walked out. The last one that exited was Jungkook. He radiated confidence and he had a huge smile on his face. I walked up to him and he enveloped me in a big hug. 

"I think I passed, baby," Jungkook said, still with the big smile on his face. I was so happy for him and totally forgot about my own audition, until someone announced the numbers of the next participants. I froze and out, which is the most inconvenient thing to happen. I suddenly felt weak and sick.

"Baby, you got this. You can do it and don't you dare doubt yourself. I'll be out here cheering for you and waiting for you to come out, okay?" 

I slowly nodded and got my senses back. I felt like blood had started flowing to my face again and I was capable of functioning again. I took a deep breath and let go of Jungkook. I gave him a last kiss on his cheek before leaving through the big intimidating doors.

When I entered through the big doors, I was met by a large room with a long table. Behind that table were four people; 2 ladies and 2 men. They greeted me with a smile, which kind of comforted me. I stood in line next to the other contestants. It started right away and the first person went up and introduced himself. After that, he started off right away. This process continued for the next four people in front of me. Everyone was so good, but I refused to doubt myself. It was finally my turn, so I stepped forward and smiled at the jury first. Then, I introduced myself. 

"Hello, my name is Aria and I am going to sing for you." I let out a breath and closed my eyes for just 2 seconds before actually starting. Once I started, I made sure to have eye contact with the jury once in a while. Not the whole time of course, because that would be too much. 

I finished my song at looked at the jury to see if I could read their expessions. None of them seemed to be very transparant, so I just smiled again and stepped back in line. After me, there were three more contestants. Two of them danced and one of them sang. Everyone was done with their audition, so we were allowed to leave the room. Despite being a nervous wreck, I just kept my posture straight and walked out. The first people I saw were Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung and Jin. Jungkook came up to me and embraced me. 

"You did very well, I'm super proud of you," Jungkook said, giving me a peck afterwards. I put my arms around him too.

"Thank you, I just hope I pass.."

"You will pass, don't worry!" Taehyung said, patting my head.

I nervously sat down. Now was the time to wait for the results. They were going to announce the results in three hours, I believe. That means we have to go out for dinner before coming back. I don't think anyone wants to starve before the announcement of the people who are accepted. 

We left the building and went for something to eat, all while nervous. I don't know what I am going to do if I'm not accepted. Probably cry first. 

*Three hours later*

"Okay guys, I know all three of us will pass, so let's not worry too much, okay?" Jin said. 

"Yeah, of course! Let's get something to drink after this too! To celebrate our acceptance," Taehyung suggested. We all nodded and gave each other hugs before going into the big auditorium. We sat next to each other and anticipated for someone to say something. The people on the stage were the same people who judged the auditions. I assumed they were the head of the school. They stood in a line on the stage and waited for everyone to be silent, before they started talking. Everyone shut up quite fast. 

"Hello again. As you all know, you're getting the results for your auditions. We are not gonna say it out loud, but you'll have to look through the lists that are hanging behind us. We'll let the front row go first and so on. If you've seen your result, leave the auditorium, so there will be enough space for the others. You're welcome to have a drink downstairs and have a talk with fellow students. Thank you for attending the auditions." The jury stepped off the stage and let some student helpers pick rows to look for their names on the list. On the left were the lists for people whose names began with a letter A to M, and on the right were lists for people whose names began with a litter N to Z. 

We patiently waited for our turns. We slowly saw other people leaving, some with a smile on their face, some with a saddened expression. 

It was finally our turn to go up and look at the results. Jungkook tightly held my hand and gave me assuring glances. Him holding my hand did help a lot, because I wasn't trembling as much. We were nearing the lists and I could slowly see the names starting with A. I let go of Jungkook's hand to search through the list for my name. Surprisingly, there were so many people whose names began with the letter A. 

I went down and saw my name. The only thing left to do was shift my eyes to the right to see an 'Accepted' or a 'Denied'. I slowly shifted my eyes and read my e-mail, and that's where I saw the result. My heart stopped and I started feeling dizzy. 

I stepped away from the lists and looked for Jungkook. Once I finally found him, I ran up to him and hugged him. 

"What's up? Did you get accepted? Did you?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes yes yes! Oh my goodness!" I screamed. Jungkook smiled brightly and gave me a kiss. 

"Me too baby, me too!" 

I could honestly cry from happiness. I couldn't believe I got accepted, while there was so many talent out there. I can't believe I can say I go to BPAC in a few months. 

Jungkook and I stopped our session of freaking out and looking for Taehyung, Jimin and Jin. They were already standing near the entrance with huge smiles on their faces. This immediately told us they also got accepted. We ran towards them and hugged them. 

"Let's celebrate this with food and drinks!" Taehyung said. We all agreed and went to a cafe nearby. Our day ended better than expected. I couldn't be more happy than I am in this moment. Not only am I going to my dreamschool with my best friends, but I'm also finally doing singing as a full-time thing. 

My friends are by my side and I am pursuing my passion. I don't know what else I would want. I am happy.