Ten

Double-minded

Jungkook reached out for my hand and pulled me towards him. Instead of saying something, he just gave me a kiss on top of my head and let go of my hand. I chuckled and ran off to the others. The first person I saw was Namjoon, so I walked up to him with the biggest smile. 

"Hey you, what are you so happy about?" 

"I have a rilakkuma plushy," I beamed. The plushy wasn't even the reason for my happiness, but maybe he'll believe it.

"Did you and Jungkook make up?" Namjoon asked.

"Maybe," I replied, "But look at how cute this plushy is!" Namjoon shook his head and ruffled my hair, laughing. "I'm glad you two are on good terms again. Let's get something to eat," he said. He looked around for the others and called them. They all came towards us, smiling as happy as ever. Some of them were even holding candy floss, plushies, popcorn etc etc

"Eat," Taehyung said, shoving a bucket of popcorn in my face. I smiled and grabbed a hand full. 

"That's.. a lot.." He mumbled. I stuck my tongue out, "Your fault for offering," I said. He laughed and ruffled my hair, giving me more. What a bipolar guy.

Someone suddenly put his arm around me. I looked to my right side and saw Jungkook standing there. On the other side, Taehyung looked at us in disbelief. He came closer and whispered in my ear, "When did that happen?" I chuckled and shrugged. "Tell me about it later then," he said. I nodded.

****

After a few weeks, Jungkook and I grew closer. We didn't fight as much as we used to and we got along much better. We barely fought and barely had any disagreements. It was just very.. let's just say it was very cutesy and fluffy. However, I wasn't feeling at my best, because of the return of my parents. Since they got back, they've constantly been nagging me about school and how I should stop hanging around with boys, because it would 'distract' me from studying. Jungkook and I told them about our relationship and they were completely okay with it. They were really happy for us, but after a while, they started nagging about our relationship.

"Babe, aren't you coming?" 

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Be right there," I said. I quickly hung up my jacket and ran upstairs. However, I wasn't really focused. It was like I was there, but I didn't feel my presence.

"Come here," Jungkook said, patting the space beside him on his bed. I smiled and closed the door behind me. I lay down next to him and nuzzled my face in his chest, as I always do. "Are you tired?" He asked. I 'hmm'-ed.

"Go to sleep. You're okay, right?" Jungkook asked. I shrugged and closed my eyes, not really answering his question.

"Fine, tell me when you're awake then," he said. I nodded. I went to sleep, because I couldn't sleep at home, at all.. My parents were super annoying and constantly talking about school and my friends.

***

I opened my eyes and I could still feel Jungkook's presence next to me. He was breathing evenly, so I assumed he was still sleeping. Instead of getting up, I just stayed still and waited for Jungkook to wake up as well. Not long after, Jungkook woke up. He rubbed his eyes and looked down at me. 

"Had a good sleep?" Jungkook asked. 

"The best. How about yours?"

"Same," he answered. He reached down for a kiss and I didn't reject it. We both smiled afterwards and stayed in the same position. "Now, tell me why you're so down," he said. 

I sighed, "Just the usual with my parents.." 

"Are they really that bothered by our relationship and your friendship with the boys?" He asked.

"Yeah.."

Jungkook sighed and gave me kisses on top of my head, "Baby, just remember that you live for yourself and for no one else. You make your own decisions, and if you decide that you want to keep your parents happy, then do whatever that would make them happy. But if you decide to live for your own happiness, do whatever makes you happy. The only advice I can give is 'don't let others influence you too easily and live for yourself'. You weren't brought into this world to live an unhappy life, pleasing others. No one is obligated to please others. Life is all about making your own decisions and making yourself happy. Whatever you decide to do, I'lll be right by your side." 

"Thank you, Jungkook, for everything," I said, "You're the best boyfriend slash best friend slash person I know."

"No need to thank me. I'd do anything for you to be happy," he said. I smiled hugged him tightly. He my hair and wrapped his arms around me. 

"I.. love you," I said. Although Jungkook has said it to me before, I have never said that those three words to him. I finally felt like it was the right time. Finally got that off my chest. 

"What? Can you repeat it?" Jungkook asked.

"What?"

"What you just said."

"What? I love you?" I questioned. 

"Repeat that, please," he said. I slapped him and shook my head. He laughed and wrapped his arms even tighter around me, if that was possible. "I was kidding. Just glad you finally said it," he said. 

"Why?" I wondered. I was actually curious why he was so glad I finally said it. Had he been waiting for it? Did I really take that long to say those words?

"Because I've never heard it coming out of your mouth, except to Daisy. All those times I said 'I love you', you just blew it off and smiled. It just felt great to hear you say it to me," he said.

"Sorry.. I was just.. not ready yet.."

"I know, babe, I know you weren't ready."

"But I am, now," I said, looking up at his face. He nodded and flashed me a beautiful smile. He kept staring at me, without saying a word and I didn't really know what to do, because he's never stared that intensively at me. What was weird, was that I couldn't read his expression at all. He's usally very easy to read, but somehow, this expression wasn't familiar to me. I frowned and spoke up, "Why are you looking at me like that?" I said, being as straightforward as I could. He chuckled and shrugged, "Just glad I have you," he said. 

"Cheesy," I joked. 

"Whatever," he said. I glared at him for saying those words and removed my gaze from his face, to something else. We've promised that we wouldn't use that word ever again, because it always leads to a fight. We've kept the promise ever since we promised it.

"Sorry, I was joking. I'll take it back, okay?" He said. He gently lifted my chin up, so my gaze was back to him. 

"What ever," I said. 

"Hey.." He said. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. He shook his head at my silliness and just looked out of his window, which was next to his bed. He has recently re-arranged the furniture in his room and moved the bed near the window, so whenever something happened to me, he would probably be the first to know. Kinda cute, but also kinda creepy. 

I did the same as him and looked out of the window. It's been Summer for a few weeks now, and you could feel it. The humidity, the heat, the lack of wind. I like Summer, because I didn't have to cover my whole body with thick sweaters and sweatpants. On the other hand, I also didn't like it, because it doesn't matter how little clothes you wear, you'll still sweat and feel hot. Meanwhile during Winter, you'll actually feel warmer by wearing more layers. I also like bundling up in as many blankets as I can find. I don't even use a blanket during the summer, because it's kind of unnecessary. This is exactly why Spring is my favorite season. Not too hot, not too cold, just exactly the right temperature for me.

"We should go to the beach one day," Jungkook suddenly said. I secretly wanted to say 'Oh.. I honestly don't like swimming..', but I didn't want to sound like a selfish prick. I just don't enjoy wearing bikinis, being almost .. Not that confident.. lol.

"Hmm," I just said. Jungkook looked down at me and frowned, "You don't like the beach?"

"I do like the beach, but I don't like wearing bikinis, it makes me feel ten different ways of uncomfortable," I said. Again, another frown from Jungkook.

"But baby, you're the most beautiful human being I've ever seen walking on this earth. You really have nothing to worry about. We'll just go with our friends, so nothing you should feel uncomfortable about," he said, trying to assure me. I looked up and could actually see the sincerity in his eyes. 

"Thanks.. we'll see," I said. He nodded and patted my head. 

******

"Jungkook Jungkook kook Jung Jungkook."

"What what what?"

"It's hot..." I whined. 

"I'm sorry to be in your presence then," he joked. I slapped him and was about to kick his kneecap, but he dodged. "Okay okay," he laughed, "I'm sorry, I can't help you with that." I sighed and got off the kitchen counter top. I helped Jungkook with preparing food for the beach. Jungkook and I came with the idea to go to the beach today and we invited Namjoon, Jin, Taehyung, Hoseok, Jimin, Yoongi and of course, Daisy. It was like 90 degrees Fahrenheit that day, so hot enough to go to the beach, right? 

"Can you help me slice this?" Jungkook asked. I walked up to his side and looked at what he was doing. He was cutting up some apples, lemons, cucumbers and watermelon. He handed me the knife and let me do my thing. Meanwhile, he went to make something else. 

I was just completely in my own world, cutting up the vegetables and the fruit. Somehow, my hand slipped and the knife cut my finger, instead of the apple in front of me. I panicked and the knife fell on the floor, luckily not on my foot or Jungkook's foot. Jungkook stopped what he was doing and ran up to me, checking what had happened.

"Oh my god, what happened? Are you alright? Why are you so pale?" When he looked down, he saw the knife on the floor and my finger bleeding. His eyes widened and he dragged me to hold my finger under water. "Stay here, I'll get the first aid kit." I just remained quiet and didn't answer. I can't stand blood and neither can I stand knives or other sharp things. I just have a fear for it, I guess. Which explains why I turned pale and why I was kind of in a shock. 

After not that long, Jungkook returned with the first aid kit. He turned the water off and did whatever he had to. He ended with putting a cotton pad on my cut and some tape around it. He closed the kit and held my face between his hands, "Are you okay, babe? You look pale.. Let's get you over to the couch, I'll do the rest," he said. Once I sat on the couch, Jungkook kneeled down in front of me and held my face again.

"Babe.. Aria." 

"Hm?" 

"Are you okay? Do you need anything to drink?" He asked, still holding my face.

 "I-I'm okay, I guess. Just not good with blood," I chuckled. 

"I've noticed," he said, trying to make me laugh, which worked. "I'll get back to finish what we were doing. You can help if you feel fine again, but I won't let you touch a knife again," he said. I nodded and smiled at him. He told me to come help whenever I was feeling okay again, but since I didn't want to let him make all the food alone, I just followed behind him to the kitchen. When he looked back and noticed me walking behind him, he frowned. However, he didn't say anything.

"I'm okay, I can help," I said. This time, Jungkook did the cutting and I just made some smoothies, throwing fresh fruit in a blender. I had some cute mason jars, which I bought last week, so I brought them to Jungkook's house for the picnic. I poured different kinds of smoothies in different mason jars and placed them on the dining table. I looked at what Jungkook was doing, to see if I could help with anything. However, he was done with everything. 

"Done!" Jungkook said, "Let's take this to the car and pick up the others." Jungkook lifted the heaviest bag with food, and I just held the two other bags that had food in them. Jungkook got to the car before me, so he had put everything in the car already. When I almost reached the car, Jungkook ran back inside. I gave him a confused look, but just shrugged it off. I also went back inside to get a jacket for me and Jungkook, in case it got chilly at night. I ran upstairs, to Jungkook's room and grabbed our jackets. I ran back downstairs, grabbed my backpack, Jungkook's backpack and our phones. When I walked back to the car, Jungkook was already sitting there. "Hey, what took you so long?" He asked.

"I had to grab all your things, because I knew you would forget it," I said. 

"Oh.. sorry," he chuckled. I glared at him, but burst out laughing when he pulled a silly face. He smiled, satisfied that he was able to make me smile. We drove off Daisy's house and then to Namjoon's house, because everyone had gathered there. They only had to wait for us. 

"Do you think Jimin and Daisy are still together?" Jungkook wondered.

"I don't think, I know. They're definitely together," I chuckled, "She texted me yesterday, telling me how excited she was for today and how much she likes Jimin." A smile spread on Jungkook's face.

"I thought you didn't like him, though," he said.

"True, but whatever. He also doesn't like me, and as long as Daisy's happy, I'm happy," I answered. I don't fully trust Jimin, maybe because I don't know him like that, but.. Daisy is convinced that he's a good person and Jungkook says that Jimin's a good person as well.

"You two will get to like each other one day, it'll just take a bit of time," Jungkook said. 

After sitting in the car for about 15 minutes, we arrived in front of Daisy's house. She was already standing on her porch, waiting for us and when she saw us, she ran towards the car with the biggest smile on her face. 

"Hi! Goodmorning!" 

I laughed, "Hey, what are you so happy about?"

"Hmm? Oh.. nothing.." She answered, followed my an awkward laugh. Jungkook and I stole glances at each other and burst out laughing, leaving poor Daisy confused in the back. 

The ride from Daisy's house to Namjoon's house was luckily not that far. In about 5 mintues we arrived in front of Namjoon's house. However, they weren't standing outside, waiting for us, as Daisy did. We got out of the car and walked up to the front door, ringing the doorbell. Immediately, the door got opened by a very enthusiastic Hoseok. "Hey!! Goodmorning," he beamed. 

"Hey Hoseok," I said. We all stepped in and everyone was sitting on the couch, casually talking to each other, with a few bags in the middle of the table. They looked up when we entered the room, and all greeted us. "Ready to go?" Namjoon asked everyone. They all got up and some grabbed a bag, while others ran off to get their phone/jacket from wherever they left it.

"Ariaaa~ long time no see," Taehyung said, pulling me in a hug. I laughed and hugged him back.

"I'm sorry, I was busy with school and well.. with Jungkook," I said. Taehyung ruffled my hair and smiled, "Don't worry, I understand." He then walked off to Hoseok and started acting silly and jumping up and down out of excitement. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Daisy and Jimin laughing and being all cute, which of course made me happy. She genuinely looked happy and content, so I'm not gonna meddle in any of her businesses, just because I don't like Jimin.

"Babe, what are you looking at?" I looked to my side and saw Jungkook. He put an arm around me and looked in the direction I was looking at. 

"Just looking at Daisy and Jimin being way too touchy and cute with each other," I answered.

Jungkook chuckled, "Jealous?"

"No, why would I, when I have a boyfriend I can kick and punch?" I joked. Jungkook shook his head and gave me a kiss, "But you can also be like that with me," he said. I gave him a disgusted look and shook my head.

"I'd rather not, thank you," I said, walking away. I heard his chuckle from behind me, and since I already expected a backhug from him, I wasn't surprised when he backhugged me. He kissed me on my cheek and went to my neck afterwards. "Okay okay, enough fun! Let's get to the car, you're supposed to drive," I said, wiggling myself out of his grip. He sighed and went to the driver's seat of his car, getting in and starting the engine. I took a seat in the passenger's seat and Jimin, Daisy and Hoseok sat in the back. The others went into Namjoon's car.

I looked through the rearview mirror and saw Jimin and Daisy making out. Poor Hoseok... He was trying to avoid seeing them make out, so he looked out of the window. I turned around and glanced at them a few times before laughing together with Hoseok. He shrugged and just continued looking out of the window. Jungkook started driving off, following Namjoon's car. 

*** 

After a good hour or so, we arrived at this beach-like place, but instead of sand everywhere, there was grass everywhere. Just like two meters before water met surface, there was sand, which means it's the perfect place for a picnic. There weren't that many people either, so all the better for us. 

Everyone got out of the car and let the warmth fall on their skin. Hoseok immediately ran off to the others, happy to be away from the two who were sitting next to him in the car. I laughed and walked to the trunk of the car. I put my backpack on my bag and waited for Jungkook to get out of the car as well. 

"Here," I said, "Turn around." Jungkook turned around, facing his back to me. I put his backpack on his back for him and patted his back afterwards. He turned around and smiled before helping me with everything in the trunk. Jin and Yoongi also came to help us, because they only had two bags, which Namjoon and Hoseok were carrying. Now, almost everyone was carrying something, except Jimin, Daisy and Taehyung. We just let them be and didn't even bother to ask for their help, because it wasn't that much honestly. Jin walked ahead of us, so he could set the cloth there, before we got there. 

Just like I said, Jin had put the cloth down neatly before we got there. He forced Jimin and Taehyung to help him so they could save a lot of time fidgeting with a damn cloth. Everyone placed the bags around it and sat down. It was just a bit over 1PM, so we just ate 'lunch'. We got all the food out of the bags and placed it in the middle of the circle, in which we were sitting. 

"I also have smoothies for each of us," I said, "Choose whatever you want." I put the smoothies in the middle and let them pick first, but no one did. "Aren't you guys gonna take one?"

"Which one do you like?"

"No no, you guys choose first," I said. 

"Aria," Yoongi said. I looked at him and sighed, "Fine, I pick this one." I grabbed the strawberry-banana smoothie and sulked. Once I try being selfless, these guys don't accept it. The next victim was Daisy. They almost forced her to pick one and poor girl was looking terrified. It put a smile on my face how caring they all are. 

We spent the next two hours eating and fooling around. When it was around 3PM, the guys decided to go for a swim, while Daisy and I stayed back to have some much needed bonding time. When the guys were out of sight, Daisy turned to me, giving me 'the look'. 

"So? How's it going between you and Jungkook? Anything happened yet? Still fighting a lot?" 

I shook my head, "Nothing special happened, Daisy. We haven't even been together for a quarter of a year," I chuckled, "And we're also not fighting anymore. Not to the extend we used to, just silly fights that end up with a kiss. How about you and Jimin? You two have been hitting it up lately, haven't you?" I joked.

"Shut up," she spit, "We.. uh.. we went a bit further than just kissing.."

"HAH! I knew it!" I said.

"Ssshhttt! Damn it Aria," she sighed. "And what do you mean, you expected it?"

"Well.. seeing how erted Jimin is and how erted you are, I just expected it," I simply stated. She glared at me, but the glare turned into a grin after I smiled my sweetest smile at her. "Tell me everything. And I mean everything. Except for... certain things, you know what I mean."

She laughed, "Yeah yeah.. Anyways, we just did it, I guess. We were in his room, playing around, making out, laughing, kissing.. and then it just happened. You know I'm not a , so it didn't hurt or anything. Surprisingly, it was only his second time having . I expected him to be a bit like Jungkook, but yeah. Sorry for bringing Jungkook up.."

"It's all good, it happened in the past, so who cares, things happen. Did you guys only do it once? Only that one time? If you say yes, I won't believe you," I said. 

"Just a couple times.." She answered. My eyes widened, "A couple times? You guys have been together for what? A month? You two have been getting it on, haven't you," I burst out laughing. She blushed and shook her head. 

"I'm still surprised you and Jungkook haven't done anything, though. He's probably had more than a 90-year-old grandma.."

"I know.. just not the right time for me yet. But when it happens, you'll be the first to know," I giggled. She furiously nodded and laughed. We stopped our conversation when Jimin ran over to us. 

"Baby, and.. Aria. The others want you two to join," he said. I looked at Daisy and hesitated. Just when I was about to say 'no, sorry', the conversation I had with Jungkook flashed by in my head. I remembered what he said and decided  to go swimming with the others. I mean, we're all friends and they probably won't judge me. Right?

"I'll come. Go back, Aria and I will change first," Daisy said, sending Jimin off with a kiss. "Are you comfortable wearing a bikini? If you don't want to swim, I'll stay here with you," Daisy said.

"No, I'm coming, I'll be okay. Cannot not swim forever," I said, surprising Daisy. She looked happy for me, though. 

"Okay! Let's change then," she said. I grabbed my backpack and was dragged along with Daisy. They had a few cubicles in which you could change at the place, so that's where Daisy and I were heading to. I locked the cubicle and quickly changed in my black bikini. It was just a simple bikini, literally all-black. When I got out, I still had to wait for Daisy. When Daisy finally stepped out of the cubicle and saw me in a bikini, her eyes widened. "Holy girl, you look hot," she said.

I laughed, "Thanks, you look great as well," I said.

"No seriously, your s look huge and your is just," she stopped. "Okay, nevermind, I sound like I'm checking you out."

"It's okay," I laughed, "But thanks for the compliment. Surely boosts my confidence." She smiled and we walked over to where the boys were, while holding hands. We hold hands very often, but that's just because we're too cheesy and touchy as best friends. 

"Stop shaking, Aria. It's gonna be fine, they won't judge you. Come on, they're our friends, how could they judge you?" 

"Okay okay, sorry," I said, taking a deep breath. The guys were all facing their backs to us, so Daisy and I crept up behind Jimin and Jungkook and backhugged them. Jungkook wasn't that surprised, while Jimin screamed like a little girl. Everyone turned around and laughed. 

"Babe~" Jungkook said. He took a look at me, scanning me up and down. "You look hot," he said. I slightly blushed and hugged him. 

"Same goes to you," I said. He smiled and reached for my hand, pulling out of the hug. We walked into the water and it eventually reached to my chin, while it only reached up to Jungkook's s. Jungkook saw me struggling in the water, so he crouched down a bit and told me to jump on his back. I did so and was now on Jungkook's back. He started swimming and putting his head under water, so mine also went under water. When I looked back, everyone was in the water, swimming and playing around. Jungkook swam back to where the others were, so I could stand up again without water almost coming in my mouth. The moment he let go of me, I splashed water in his face. I laughed and swam away towards Namjoon, hiding behind his tall frame. When Namjoon got splashed with water by Jungkook, Namjoon escaped. He didn't like water that much, so he avoided being in a water fight. I was left with no shield and was splashed by Jungkook. He neared me and pulled me in a hug, laughing. 

"," I smiled. 

"But you love me," he said with an eye-smile that almost made me melt. 

I got myself together, "No, I never said that." He started pouting and trying to act all cute and stuff. I looked at him out of disgust (as a joke of course) and turned away from him. I was not so suddenly pulled into a hug. 

"But I love you," he whispered in my ear. My heart fluttered, but I tried to hide whatever I was feeling and just wiggled myself out of his grip. He looked disappointed when I turned back around. I internally smirked and walked forward, embracing him. 

"I love you too," I whispered. He embraced me and held my head with one hand, while the other hand was around my waist. 

"I know," he whispered back. I looked up and saw him smirking.... AHAha..ahah.. Stop smirking, you . I eventually let go of the hug and went towards Daisy and Jimin, on a mission to them. Just because I felt like it. I crept up behind them and jumped on Daisy. I literally jumped on her back, so she lost balance and fell into the water. I started laughing, but Jimin and Daisy looked quite pissed. 

"Come one, Daisy. I was joking~" I said, looking at her with big eyes and a pout. She always gives in when I do this. So just as I expected, she smiled and gave me a hug, pulling me back into the water, just when I got up. 

"It's okay, baby," she said, giving me a kiss on my head. I smiled at her and reached for Daisy's hand to get up. From the corner of my eye, I could see Jimin standing there, pissed as hell. I walked up to him with a smile, "If you want to keep her, learn sharing her, because I'm not gonna hand her over to you just like that," I said, sticking my tongue out afterwards.

"We'll see about that," he said. I gave him an intense glare and pinched his arm, "Don't you dare," I said. 

"Ouch, okay okay! Sorry, okay? I can share, just don't pinch me.." he said. 

"Weakling," I said.

He laughed and put his hand out, "Friends?"

I nodded, "Friends."

"Good job! You finally came to terms and are now friends! I'm proud," Daisy said, pulling is in a weird hug between the three of us. 

"Yup.. still not comfortable with hugging," I chuckled. Daisy let go immediately and patted my head with a smile, "Thank you," she whispered. She has been telling me to try to be friends with Jimin for aaaages, but I always told her the same old thing, "It won't work out." Luckily, it actually did today. I don't know if we will keep bickering and fighting, but at least we agreed on being friends from now on. 

"Let's get something to eat, I'm starving," Jimin said, gently grabbing Daisy's hand. Out of no one, Jungkook appeared next to me. He grabbed my hand and flashed me another eye-smile. What the hell is this punk trying to do..

"You're blushing, babe," Jungkook said. My hands went to my cheeks right away and it felt hot. Damn it, I totally failed at trying to hide what I was feeling. 

"I'm not, shut up," I said. 

He chuckled, "Okay okay, I'll just act like you're not then," he said, reaching for my hand again. We walked to where everyone else was, which was our picnic thingy. Everyone dried themself up with a towel and sat down on the cloth. Everyone was already sitting, when Jungkook and I just got there. Jungkook got two towels out of his bag and handed me one. Since I was too lazy to actually dry myself up, I just patted it on my arms and legs and wrapped it around my body. The towel was quite big, so it covered up my whole body. By now, it was around 6PM, so it started to get chilly. I was sitting there, shivering.. 

"Put this on, idiot," Jungkook said. He was standing next to me, while I was sitting, and put the sweater on for me. Afterwards, he put one on for himself. He sat down and put an arm around me. 

"So, what does everyone want to do tonight?" Jin asked. Everyone shrugged, not really answering his question. 

"How about dinner somewhere?" Namjoon suggested. Everyone started getting excited and talking about sushi, chinese food, korean bbq, vietnamese food etc etc. "How about Korean BBQ?"

"Yes yes yes!" Taehyung beamed. 

"I'm in!" I shouted.

"Me too!" 

"Count me in as well!"

"Same~" 

"Okay, Korean BBQ it is then," Jin said. He got up and searched for his phone in his bag to make a call to a nearby Korean restaurant. He stood a few feet away from us, so he couldn't hear the noise from everyone talking. I have to admit, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook were being pretty loud. They were singing and correcting each other if one got the lyrics wrong. Daisy and I just stole glances at each other and burst out laughing. Luckily, no one questioned us. 

Daisy looked at me and then towards the bathroom and got up. I got up as well and held her hand, walking to the bathroom. "What is it?" I asked. 

"Uhm, I'm not sure if you want to hear this.."

"What is it? Did something happen?" I asked, looking her right in the eyes. 

"No.. but, I've noticed something.."