Thirteen

Double-minded

"Kim Taehyung! Get your back here and give me my food back!" I shouted. I was furiously stomping around, looking for Taehyung, who had stolen my lunch. This has been happening for the past week and I wasn't bothered by it the first two days, but this is really starting to get on my nerves. Can't a hungry girl just eat her food in peace?

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, just give her her food back," Yoongi said, rubbing his temples. "This boy.." 

After a good 10 minutes of waiting, Taehyung finally came back.. unfortunately with an empty lunchbox. I wanted to kick his balls, but I restrained myself from doing so. I was so hungry, because I didn't have breakfast and here he is, eating my lunch that I've been craving from the moment I woke up... 

"This ing boy.." Jungkook mumbled, "You can have my lunch." He put his arm around me and was planning on walking to the rooftop, but I stopped him. I didn't want to accept his lunch and let him eat nothing.

"I'll buy some lunch at the café across the street," I said. I held Jungkook's hand and we exited the schoolbuilding together. I'm not sure where the others were, but I honestly couldn't care less. I just wanted my lunch.

We walked into the café. I looked at the menu and picked a few things, as well as some things for Jungkook. I told him to sit somewhere, so I could order it. I ended up ordering two iced coffees, a sandwich, two muffins, a chocolate chip cookie and cheesecake. When I came back with all the food, Jungkook looked at me as if I was crazy. "Oh my god, you ordered so much.." 

"I know, but I'll be able to finish it," I said, "These two are yours." I put the muffin and the iced coffee in front of him and started eating my sandwich. Food is good, life is good. 

"Eat slowly, babe, you're gonna choke if you keep eating like that," Jungkook said. I glared at him and continued eating at my own pace. He kept looking at me to see if I was okay or not, which was a kind gesture, but I don't really like people looking at me while I eat... 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Like what?" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and pointed at him, "Like that."

"Because you're cute," he said. 

"Shut up," I chuckled and again, rolled my eyes. He laughed at my denial and continued eating while looking at me. I was honestly not that bothered by it, I was just wondering why he was doing what he was doing. 

"Slowly, baby," Jungkook muttered. I looked up at him and nodded, continuing to eat slowly. I have a weird thing where I don't realize I'm eating too fast while I'm hungry, and it usually leads up to me choking on my food or having a strange pain in my chest. Not good, I know.. 

Back in the cafeteria, Taehyung's POV

"Taehyung, you should really stop annoying the girl. Even I can see that it's slowly getting on her nerves," Jimin said, glancing at me. 

"Yeah, even I get annoyed. You can't just take people's food and eat it, you know.."

"You know how pissed she gets when she's hungry. It's really disrespectful to do that, even if you only ate it once. Just let the girl eat her food."

I looked down at my apple and didn't respond to anything they said. It's been like half an hour since they started nagging and telling me off.. I know I'm wrong, but I.. I was just really hungry and I haven't eaten anything since yesterday, because my parents were fighting all day and I locked myself up in my room.. I was just really hungry and I would've asked Aria if the others weren't there, but I was just scared to be judged. Like, if I told them that I haven't eaten anything since yesterday, I was scared they would ask too many questions or maybe even laugh at my stupidness for not bringing food to school.. It's just that I can't.. 

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, raise your head when people are talking to you," Yoongi said. I sighed and looked up, giving them a small smile. I quickly finished the apple Jimin gave me and excused myself to go to the bathroom. Not to cry, though, I'm still a manly man!

Back to Aria's POV

"Let's go back," I said. I got up and was about to bring the tray to where the other used trays were, but Jungkook stopped me and did it for me. He threw everything away and gently took my hand into his. He then puckered his lips for a kiss.

"Ew, but you just ate," I joked, not wanting to give him a kiss, because I, myself, didn't want to kiss him with the smell of food in my mouth.

"Ahh, come on! Just admit that you want to kiss these lips," Jungkook said.

"Hmm.. no thank you."

"Fine, then don't kiss me then," Jungkook said, looking away. I knew he wasn't mad/pissed, but he seemed so serious that it almost looked like he actually was pissed. 

"Jungkook, shall I invite the guys for dinner tonight?" I asked.

"Yes! But only if you want to and your parents allow it, of course," Jungkook said, starting off a bit too excited. 

"They've been asking me about it ever since I told my mom that they liked her food.." I said, getting sudden flashbacks to all the times my parents have bothered me to invite them over. They've literally been asking me every single day, so they would feel ecstatic if I told them I was planning on inviting them over. I never invite friends over for dinner, not even Daisy, so my parents sometimes think I don't have friends. They've always wanted me to bring friends home, even before we grew closer. 

"Do you want to come over right after school?" I asked.

"Why would I? So you can not kiss these lips?" 

"No.. so we can watch a movie or something before having dinner," I answered.

"We'll see," he chuckled. I frowned at what he said, but shrugged it off. We entered the school and the hallways were almost empty, because everyone was having lunch in the cafeteria or outside on the courtyard. Jungkook and I decided to go back to the cafeteria, where all the others were, because we still had 25 minutes left. On our way there, we saw Taehyung coming out of the bathroom. We were about to call him, when he already entered the cafeteria before us. It wasn't that big of a deal, because we were gonna see him in a second. 

"Hey guys, you two finally back?" Namjoon said.

"Yeah, we just got some food for Aria, that's all," Jungkook said. Just when he mentioned that, I remembered Taehyung. I looked around the table and found him sitting next to Hoseok, who was sitting next to me. I looked over and he looked... different. Not like himself.. 

"Hoseok, can we switch seats for a sec?" I asked him. 

"Of course!" Hoseok got up and let me sit next to Taehyung, while he sat next to Jungkook. They continued their conversation, while I tapped Taehyung on the shoulder. He looked up and he still looked off. He gave me a smile, but it seemed forced.

"It's okay that you ate my food, I'm not mad," I said. He nodded and was about to look away when I tapped his shoulder again. "Are you okay?"

"Hmm? Yeah, of course I'm okay," Taehyung answered. Although he said he was okay, his eyes and face said otherwise.

"Do you want to talk about it? You can come over after school, I was planning on inviting you all over for dinner anyways," I said. 

"No, I don't want to be a burden. I'll come over for dinner, but you should help your parents with cooking or something," he answered.

"Trust me, they don't want my help," I chuckled, "Do you really not want to talk about it?" I was honestly scared to seem like a pushover, but it felt like he really had something he had to get off his chest, and bottling things up is definitely not healthy, coming from someone who has been doing that for the past few years..

Taehyung sighed and shook his head, "No, don't worry about me, okay? I'll be okay and I'll be there for the dinner." He patted my head and smiled at me. I really wanted to believe him, but I didn't. His face said the opposite of his words, so it was quite evident.. However, I didn't want to bother him with something he didn't want, so I went back to my seat next to Jungkook.

"Something wrong?" Jungkook asked. 

I shook my head, "No, just asked if he could come over  for dinner," I said, "Oh right, guys. Do you all want to come over for dinner tonight?"

"What?! After all these months of friendship, you finally invite us over for dinner?"

"Of course we're coming!"

"Expect me to be there!"

"Finally! Yes!"

"Am I invited as well?" Daisy laughed.

"Of course!! What would I be without you?" I answered. She smiled and gave me a high-five. "Dinner at 7 at my place then~" I said, "Don't be late." Everyone cheered and nodded. It almost seemed like they were more excited than my parents. Nevermind.. I don't think that's possible.. 

*

The bell finally rung, which meant class started again. We walked to class with the whole crew and went to our designated seats. The teacher soon arrived and everyone focused their attention on the teacher. I, however, couln't concentrate once again, because someone was bothering me with notes about dinner. I answered a few of them, but stopped when something caught my eye. It was Taehyung, with the most neutral face I've ever seen. Everyone knows that Taehyung has a very happy personality and hi smile is usually his neutral face, so I was quite astonished to see him looking so.. different and neutral.. He didn't even respond when Hoseok started bugging him. It also didn't look like he was concentrating on what the teacher was saying. He was staring into an empty void of nothingness and it kinda hurt to see him like that. I really didn't know what could've happened in the 30 minutes Jungkook and I were gone, but it must've been very effective to his mood, because he went from happy to this real quick.. 

** 

School finally ended and I was on my way home with Jungkook. We decided to take the bus, because we were feeling lazy and all the energy had left our bodies. As usual, we sat in the back. I was sitting near the window and Jungkook sat next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed. 

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked.

"It's Taehyung.. Haven't you noticed how off he looked when we came back from lunch?"

"Wait.. I actually did notice.. I asked Jimin about it, but he didn't really answer me," Jungkook answered, "He looked very sad.. and in the 5 years that I've known him, he's never been this sad. Only when his grandpa died, and that was for less than a day.."

"What the hell..."

"Maybe he'll be over it tomorrow, we'll see. If not, we'll use our great friendship skills to cheer him up," Jungkook said. I nodded and gave him a kiss on his cheek, which felt really, really soft. How I wish I could kiss his cheeks all the time.. (or his lips lmao)

After a 15 minute ride, we arrived at the busstop near our house. We got out and went to my house. I opened the door and was met by the aroma of food, and it was only 4PM.. why have they started cooking already.. they have like 3 hours left oh my god..

"Mom? Dad?" 

"In the kitchen, sweetie!" Mom yelled from the kitchen. I dragged Jungkook to the kitchen with me and saw my parents chopping ingredients and just preparing the ingredients for the real cooking. 

"Why are you starting this early, Mom?" I asked.

"Because we're gonna make desserts as well and that takes a while, in case you didn't know," she said, "Not everything takes 15 minutes in the oven, honey." 

"What are you making? What's for dessert?" I asked.

"Not telling you, you'll see when it's done," Dad said, "Oh hey, Jungkook, how are you doing? Taking good care of my daughter?"

"Of course I am," Jungkook smiled, "Is everything going okay in the Jung household?"

"Very very good, son. Oh, Aria's mother, your parents and myself were planning for a holiday somewhere with the six of us. We were wondering if you guys were interested in that," my dad asked. Jungkook and I stole knowing glances at each other and nodded.

"Great! That's planned then, but no funny business between you two okay? We might give you two a room together, but the walls are not soundproof," Dad said. I lowered my head in embarrassment and dragged Jungkook out of the kitchen. I could hear my parents laughing from the stairs. 

"Looking forward to it, babe," Jungkook said, putting his hands around my waist and his head on my shoulder. I walked up the stairs, with his hands still around my waist. 

"Unless our parents act like that.. that's gonna be super awkward," I said.

"True, but I'm sure it's gonna be fun," he said. 

"And did you hear my dad calling you son?" I laughed. I opened the door of my room and immediately went to my bed. I lay down and turned around to Jungkook, who was also laying down, looking at me. 

"Yeah, I did. Probably just preparing for the future," Jungkook answered, winking at me. He put his arms around me and pulled me closer. I closed my eyes and was about to give him a kiss, when he put his hand in front of my lips. "Nah, baby."

"Why?.."

"You didn't want to earlier, right?"

"Ah, don't be so childish, come here," I said, pulling his face closer by his chin. He tried his best to stop me, and succeeded.. 

"That's your punishment for not wanting to kiss me earlier," he said, sticking his tongue out.

"But Jungkook... you can't do that.." I whined. 

"Call me 'baby' once then," he said, "Just once." I eyed him and hesitated for a second.

"Please, baby?" I gave in. 

"Tell me how much you love me." I rolled my eyes, ready to punch the guy, but restrained myself from doing so. 

"I love you more than words can describe, numbers can count and the forever growing universe can discover. I love you more than every 'I love you' thought, whispered or said. Good enough?" I looked up at him and anticipated his answer. He burst out in a wide smile and came closer, finally giving me a kiss. It was a long and passionate one and definitely did not disappoint me. 

"Hey guys! Your parents let us ins-" 

"OH MY GOD! WE'RE SO SORRY TO INTERRUPT, WE'LL BE.. DOWNSTAIRS!" 

Jungkook and I pulled away and looked at who was interrupting and it turned out to be our beloved group of friends.. how great! Instead of being embarrassed, Jungkook and I laughed and got up. We were still laughing while walking down the stairs. Everyone was sitting on the couch when we got there. 

"We're really really sorry for.. interrupting your moment.." Hoseok coughed.

"It's okay, we weren't doing anything. Why are you overreacting?" I said.

"Oh.. it just looked.. okay nevermind." Jungkook and I joined the others on the couch while waiting for dinner. It smelled better than before and I was getting hungrier as time went by. While we were talking about useless things, I noticed Taehyung sitting on the far end of the couch, more silent than ever. I decided to not ask about it with everyone here, but I felt really bad for not doing anything.. 

"Dinner's ready!" Everyone immediately got up and moved over to the dining table. We all took a seat and left the two seats on the far ends for my parents. I sat next to Jungkook and Daisy. 

"Wow, it looks great!"

"I've never seen anything like this.. it looks so good I'm spontaneously starting to drool.."

"Dig in then, what are you waiting for?" Mom asked. The moment she said that, everyone started digging in and indulging the food. 

"So, tell me how you all met," Dad said.

"Well.. it's kinda funny, but Aria and Daisy used to hate us.. like more than anything," Jungkook said.

"Yeah, but we got passed that and we became friends. It all started when Jungkook and Aria started getting closer. Jungkook wanted her to meet us, so she met us and we all apologized and we got closer. Daisy eventually started accepting us as friends and we became best friends and now Daisy and I are dating as well," Jimin said. Everyone nodded in agreement. 

"But sweetie, why did you hate them? Didn't we teach you to never hate anyone without reasons?"

"Mom, there were reasons.. some of them constantly called me names, especially this boy," I said, pointing at Jungkook. My parents looked surprised and it looked like they were suddenly disapproving of Jungkook.

"B-but that's all in the past right?" Jungkook stuttered with an awkward smile at the end.

"Yeah, it was just a phase and we're all friends now," I said.

"By why were you so mean to her? Were they you mean to you? Did she not stand up for yourself?" Dad asked.

"I don't really know, to be honest.. I kinda liked her, because she was different from everyone else, and I just wanted her attention and the only way I could get her attention was to call her names all the time... Aria has never been someone that cared about her surroundings, so I could only get her attention by doing that. I know, very cruel, but I learned my lesson and I won't do something like that again," Jungkook said. 

"Oh boy, if I ever discover any of you bullying my daughter again, you won't even be allowed to be in 20 meters of her reach," my dad said, looking quite intimidating at the boys.

"W-we know, it won't happen again.."

"It was dumb and we'll never do something like that ever again, please don't worry," Namjoon said.

"Yeah, we all see Daisy as our little sister, who we love very much, so of course we won't do it again," Hoseok said. 

I chuckled, "Dad, don't do that to them. You know they're nice people," I said. Dad laughed and picked up his glass of wine. He took a few sips and placed it down on the table. Before going back to eating, he eyed every single one of them around the table, trying to intimidate them one last time. "He's usually not like this, don't worry. Right, Dad?" 

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I was trying to scare you guys. Just trying to protect my little girl, you know," Dad said, chuckling. Mom just laughed and was almost in tears. 

"Oh man, I almost thought I was never allowed back here again.. the food is so good," Jimin muttered. I almos spit my food out when I saw Daisy elbowing him. Oh, how I love their relationship. 

"As long as you guys keep visiting us, you can stay friends with Aria," Mom said. 

"Really? We can?" Jin asked.

"Of course! Aria never brings people home, except Daisy, so I'd love to get  to know her friends more and I love cooking, so why not do it for a group?" Mom smiled. Her smile was one of the most genuine and sincere smiles I've ever seen. She never used to smile that much, but now that she does, I hope for her to do it more. 

"This doesn't mean you can come every single day.. I still want my own privacy and a little bit time for myself," I said. 

"But Jungkook's always here, so why can't we?" Hoseok said.

"He's my boyfriend!" I said. 

"And we're your best friends!" He argued back. I rolled my eyes and stopped the argument. Mom should've never told them to come over more.. now they're probably gonna bother me about coming over for the rest of my life.....

When everyone finished their food, Mom got up and went into the kitchen, grabbing desserts. "Desserts!" 

"Oh my god!"

"I feel like I'm getting spoiled!"

"Can I please come live here?"

I smiled at their enthusiasm, but also frowned, because Mom never makes me desserts.... Whatever, if these guys come over more, Mom might make desserts more often. But .. why does Taehyung still look so sad? Have the others not noticed? What the hell..

**

"Thanks for everything, miss Jung! We'll make sure to come over more often and also bring some food. If you would like to, you could meet our parents. Most of them are businesspartners, so they're not home that often, but we could arrange something," Namjoon said.

"Oh really? They're business people? How come I didn't know?" I eyed Namjoon. 

He shrugged, "You never asked," he said. I glared at him, but eventually let it slide.

"We'd love to meet them! We'll be home for the next 2 months, so anytime is good," Dad said. We walked to the frontdoor, seeing all of them off, except Jungkook, who decided to stay behind to help with the dishes.

"Thank you for the food," they all bowed at my parents. We were standing outside and just before Taehyung walked away, I pulled him back by the hem of his shirt.

"Do you want me to call you tonight?" I asked, worried about his state.

"Maybe.. I'll text you.." He whispered. I nodded and give him a quick hug before letting him go. At least he was talking and accepting to text.. 

"Okay, let's get in," Dad said. We closed the frontdoor and went back to the kitchen, cleaning up everything and just making sure the dishes were done and stuff. Jungkook was nice enough to help with everything, so my parents were very grateful for that. Besides that, he offered to cook next time the others were coming over, but my parents declined his offer. 

"Why would we let you cook? That's not gonna happen, boy," my mom said. 

"But I'd love to," Jungkook answered. 

"What if you burn down my kitchen? Is your insurance gonna pay for that?" 

"But Mom, he's really good at cooking. He has cooked for me multiple times in the past," I said.

"We'll see about that," Mom said, "But not when the others come over, because I'd like to cook for them." I laughed and dragged Jungkook to the living room when everything was clean and gone. I sat myself down on the couch and Jungkook sat next to me. 

"What's up?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm tired.." I mumbled. 

"Really? At what time did you sleep last night?" Jungkook asked worriedly. 

"I don't know.. around three? Or four, I don't remember.." I replied. He frowned at my answer, because he knows I usually wake up at 6.30 on a schoolday, which means I only had 3,5 or 2,5 hours of sleep. I know for a fact that I never sleep early, only when Jungkook sleeps over, but last night got quite late.. It's not like I wanted to stay up that late, I just couldn't sleep. I was literally lying there with my eyes closed for about 2 hours. After taking some sleeping pills that Mom had put in my drawer, I could fall asleep. I unfortunately had to wake up too early.

"Aria, how many times do I have to tell you that it's not okay to sleep that late? You know how important it is," he said. 

"I know, but I just couldn't sleep. I tried, I really did, but I don't know why I couldn't fall asleep.. I took some sleeping pills, so I eventually did fall asleep," I said. 

"Do you take them often?"

"Yeah, when I can't sleep.."

"You do know that they're not good for you, right? Like, not at all.." Jungkook said, glancing at me worriedly. 

"Why? They just help me sleep," I simply said, although I didn't have any knowledge about sleeping pills or medicine..

"Yeah, but you shouldn't take them too often. Don't you notice you're always drowsy the day after? Maybe that's why you're feeling so tired right now.. Go to sleep, Aria, I'll tuck you in," Jungkook said. He got up and dragged me upstairs by the hand. He was gentle, though, very gentle. Almost like he was holding my hand as if I could break any second. 

"Get in," Jungkook said. I listened to his words and lay down in bed, pulling the blanket up.

"Do you want to sleep over?" I asked.

"Sorry, babe. You really need to rest and you know you can call me anytime if you need me, right? I'm just a window away," he said, smiled. He sat down on the edge of my bed and bent down to give me a kiss. "I'll tell your parents that you're sleeping and.." He got up and walked over to my drawer, taking the sleeping pills out, "You only get two more of this in case you need it in the future. I'm taking the others with me and I'll be giving them to your parents. Don't overuse them, okay? It's not good for you." 

"Okay, Mom," I laughed. He walked back to me for one last kiss. 

"I love you. Good night, sleep tight and make sure to dream about me, a lot," he smiled. One more peck and he was heading for the door.

"I love you too, Jungkook. Thanks, for everything," I said. He turned around and flashed me another smile, which almost made my heart jump out of my chest. He noticed me blushing and turned his body around, standing near the door frame.

"I saw that, baby," he winked. He waved before closing the door and I could hear his footsteps going down the stairs. I sighed and looked at the time. 10 PM.. Why am I in bed this early?.. I decided to check my phone before going to sleep. Unfortunately, Taehyung has not sent me any texts, so I decided to text him first.

Aria: Kim Taehyung, you promised to text me :(
Taehyung: Sorry!! I'm texting you right now, right?
Aria: Whatever. Call me, now. (PS if you don't, I'm coming over)

I smiled at myself, satisfied with my 'threat'. If this kid doesn't call me, I'm coming for him. I sighed out of relief when I got a call from him, literally 10 seconds after I sent the text. 

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Shut up. Tell me what's wrong, why are you so off? You've not been yourself at all and it doesn't sit right with me. Please don't bottle things up.." I said. 

"Oh.. okay, uhm.. I've just not been very.. happy lately," he muttered.

"I've noticed that and I know you're usually our vitamin and our bubble of happiness, but it's okay to be sad. You know you can always, literally always come to one of us. There's nothing wrong with being sad, because we can't always be happy, although you're very good at always being happy," I said.

"I.. M-my parents aren't on good terms right now.. An-And I don't really know how to.. deal with it.. and I can't even go down for dinner.. And I just d-dont know how to react to all this.. they've been calling me u-useless and a burden ever since they started fighting.." Taehyung softly said. My heart almost fell to the ground when I heard his voice. He sounded so.. heartbroken and in pain.. I wanted to crawl through the phone and give him a big, tight hug.

"Taehyung, how long has this been going on? Don't tell me you've been trying to bottle that up by acting happy.. don't tell me you're dealing with it by not dealing with it.."

"I.. maybe.."

"Kim Taehyung, meet me at the park near your house. I'll be there in 10 minutes," I said. I hung up, walked over to my closet, threw a jacket on and ran downstairs. "Mom! Dad! I'm going out for a bit! Call me if you need me!" And without waiting for their reaction, I exited the door and rushed over to Taehyung's house, not even caring if Jungkook saw me going out. I know he's been saying that I should sleep early, but this is a ing serious matter. If Taehyung keeps doing what he's doing right now, bottling everything up, he won't be okay and it could get very serious. I've gone through that and it got pretty serious... I don't want anything or anyone take away the person he is. He is too precious to be hurt or in pain, he doesn't deserve that at all..

I finally arrived where we agreed to meet up. I walked into the park and saw a figure sitting on the bench, with the hood of his sweater over his head. His legs were up against his chest, his head was resting on his legs and his arms were around his legs. 

"Kim Taehyung."

He looked up with wary eyes. When he saw that it was me, he moved to the right so there was more space for me to sit. 

"Talk," I said. I looked at him with worried eyes. He looked worse than he did an hour ago at my place.. He looked drained and lifeless.. 

"There's not much to say.. I just feel like , like I'm useless.. I can't do anything about my parents fighting and I'm too scared to go into the living room to talk to them. I don't even think Dad's at home.. Yesterday, when I tried to go downstairs for dinner, I heard them yelling and I heard things scattering, so I went back upstairs to hide under the blankets... It's so so heartbreaking to see them like that, because they used to be very loving towards each other.. I got my personality from the both of them,  because they've always been happy and jolly.."

"Taehyung, why didn't you tell anyone? Did you think we were gonna judge you?"

"No, definitely not that.. I just didn't want you guys to feel sad for me and I didn't want you guys to pity me, because that's the last thing I want.. I didn't want to take away you guys' happiness.. you don't deserve that.. you all deserve more than the world, so why would I do that to you?"

"Shut up for a second. How dare you say that? Do you not think you deserve more than the world? Don't you think you deserve happiness?" I asked, "Kim Taehyung, you are the happiness in our group. You are the one that deserves all the happiness in the world and maybe even more. You're the one always cheering everyone up, so why do you think you don't deserve a little bit of cheering up? I'm not gonna tell you to cheer up right now, because it's totally okay to be sad. It's okay not to be okay, and I'm not gonna judge you for that. Everyone gets sad once in a while, we're only human right? And you're human too, so whenever you're sad, don't try to hide it. Please just talk.. anything would do. Please don't ever sit quietly in a corner like you've been doing.. It breaks my heart to see you like that. We've all been through sadness and other things, you're not alone in this. I'll always be here for you, whenever you need me. Even when I'm a 1000 miles away, I'll drive a 1000 miles to listen to whatever you have to tell. Don't keep your sadness to yourself okay? You're not bothering anyone by asking them to listen," I said. All this time, Taehyung was just staring at me with his mouth slightly open. After I finished talking, he didn't respond for a good 2 minutes. I almost thought he was frozen. He suddenly heaved out a big breath that he seemed to be holding. He lowered his head and wiped away some tears on his face. I was trying hard to stay strong and not cry, but it was hard. I can't stand seeing others cry, because I end up crying as well.. So.. my tears fell as well. 

"I.. I d-don't know what to say, Aria.. T-thank you, for coming here and for talking to me.. thank you for being a great best friend, I will always be thankful for you and your love.." 

"Can't you stop crying?" I chuckled, "You're making me cry as well.." Taehyung laughed and wiped my tears away. We spent the next 30 minutes crying and wiping each other's tears. I can't believe I'm experiencing this with Taehyung, the happy vitamin.. 

"Okay okay, that's enough," Taehyung said, "Let's get you home." I nodded and got up from the bench. I wiped away one last tear and straightened myself. What are my parents gonna think if they see me like this..

"Do you maybe want to stay at my house? We have a guest room and my parents wouldn't mind.." I said. 

"No, I don't want to be a burden," He smiled, "Thanks for the offer, though."

"I'm not accepting a no. Let's go, you're sleeping over," I said. He laughed out of defeat and nodded. 

"Fine then, I'll buy you lunch tomorrow!" He said. 

"Whatever makes you feel better," I smiled. We walked back to my house and when I opened the frontdoor, my parents were standing there with pissed looks on their faces. Their faces fell when they saw our faces. They came up to us and carressed our faces, asking us multiple times if we were okay and what had happened. 

"Just a little bonding between two friends," I said. My parents didn't ask further and told us to go up and wash ourselves. My dad gave Taehyung some clothes and a toothbrush and sent him into the bathroom. Taehyung told them about his parents and my parents gave him a tight hug. 

"Just act like you're at home. You can stay here as long as you want to," Mom said. Dad nodded and ruffled Taehyung's hair. "Anything for Aria's friend." Taehyung thanked them over and over and gave them a sincere smile. He went into the bathroom and washed up, while I went into my room. I saw Jungkook sitting in front of his window, looking at me. I opened my window and smiled at him.

"What's up?" I asked, the same way he always asks me.

"Why were you out and what happened to your face?" He asked, more worried than mad.

"Taehyung's parents aren't on good terms and I had to help a friend out. He's staying in the guest room," I said.

"What? Why didn't he tell me?" 

"I don't know, but you'll have to ask him for the details, because I'm in no position to tell you," I said. Jungkook understandingly nodded and suddenly looked at something behind me.

"I'll tell you tomorrow," Taehyung said from behind me. I jumped up and looked at him, wondering how he entered my room. Jungkook gave Taehyung a smile and said something before closing the window, "Stay strong, bro." 

"Thanks," Taehyung smiled. Jungkook's window was now closed and he wasn't in our sight. 

"Jeon Jungkook!" I shouted, trying to get his attention. He just closed the window without saying bye to me.. 

"Yes, babe?" He suddenly appeared in front of the window again. 

"Nevermind.." I said, kinda pissed.

"Tell me, I'll be sitting right here," he said. I looked back and Taehyung was suddenly gone. I secretly sighed out of relief at the fact that he wasn't in the room, because I can be embarrassing..

"You didn't say bye.." I said. He chuckled and suddenly disappeared again. I frowned and went back to my bed, but getting up right after to look for Taehyung. He was sitting in the guest room, on his phone. The moment I walked in, he looked up and placed his phone on the bed.

"Hey, did you say your goodbye to him?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, that closed the window without saying anything." Taehyung chuckled and got up. 

"Thanks for hearing me out and for letting me stay here. I'll try to ask the others if I can stay at their place tomorrow," he said. 

I frowned, "No no, you can stay here as long as you want to! Do you not want to stay here?"

"I do.. but I don't want to be a burden and it's gonna be awkward when Jungkook's here and you two are in your room and stuff," he said, chuckling.

"What are you talking about, we would include you! Please don't think you're a burden, because you are not. If I could, I would let you live here, but you still have your parents, so you practically can't.. but anyways, stay here as long as you want, don't think you're a burden, act like you're at home and ask if you need anything else. You know where I am," I said. Before walking out, I gave him a smile and ran downstairs, because I heard a knock on the door. When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Jungkook standing there.

"What are you doing h-"

"You wanted a bye right?" Jungkook said. He stepped in the house and moved closer to me, until I couldn't step back further, because the wall was restraining me from doing so. Jungkook closed the gap between us and gave me a passionate kiss. I was the one to pull away, because I needed air. "Was that good enough?" He laughed.

"I'm not sure.." I joked.

"Do you want more?"

"Nah, I'm good," I said. I was about to walk away, just to joke around, but he suddenly blocked me with his arm on the wall. When I wanted to go the other way, he blocked that side with his arm. So now, I was standing against the wall with his arms on both sides of me. He closed the gap between us again and kissed me again. His hands moved from the wall to my waist. After probably 2 minutes, he was the one to pull away. "You should go to sleep, babe," he said. 

"I know.. I will," I said. He nodded and gave me one last kiss before opening the frontdoor to leave. 

"Good night and make sure to dream about me," he winked at me and walked away. My heart almost jumped out of my chest, but I held myself back. However, I wasn't aware of the blush on my face.. I only knew when I went upstairs and decided to say good night to Taehyung.

"Aria, you have something on your face," he said.

"Really? Where? Is it on my cheek? Left? Right?"

"Both of your cheeks actually, and it's a bit red.." He suddenly burst out laughing. "Did Jungkook do that? Oh my god!" The laughter continued for another 5 minutes. This only made me blush more, so I went back into my room. But no, Taehyung wasn't gonna leave me alone. He ran up to my window and shouted "Jeon Jungkook!" I pulled the blanket over myself and hid.

"Aria is a bit red, because you kissed her~" He teased. Without me knowing, he walked up to my bed and pulled the blanket off of me. I automatically sat up to get my blanket back, but this caused Jungkook to see my face. 

" you Taehyung, go back to your room!"

"You're not my mom," he replied, sticking his tongue out. 

"Aw, come over here," Jungkook said, smiling. I dragged my pillow with me to the window.

"Taehyung is an ," I mumbled.

"I heard that," Taehyung said.

"I wanted you to hear! Happy?"

"Whatever, why don't you get a bit more red so it's the same colour as your heart? Should I ask Jungkook to come over again?"

"!"

"Babe," Jungkook laughed.

"What?! Are you also gonna tease me?" I said, sounding a bit mad.

"No! No! I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful," he said, smiling. I eyed him suspiciously, before turning around to stick my middle finger out at Taehyung. He giggled and ran out of my room, back to the guest room. "Aren't you supposed to go to bed?" He suddenly said.

"Yes, but SOMEONE was distracting me," I said. 

"Hmm, go to bed now, you're gonna be tired if you don't. I'll come pick you up tomorrow," he said.

"And Taehyung?"

"Taehyung too, don't worry," he smiled. I nodded and gave him two thumbs up. "Go to sleep now, babe."

"I know, I know. I'll go now, good night, I love you," I waved at him.

"I love you too, you deserve to be cherished infinitely and I would never trade you for the world. You know that, right?" 

I nodded, "I know, but you deserve to be cherished even more and I wouldn't ever trade you for the universe," I said. I blew kisses at him before closing my window and waved at him before closing my curtains. He made a heart with his arms and closed his curtains as well. I went back to bed and almost fell out of bed when Taehyung came back.

"Sorry for earlier~ Good night, Aria! Thanks for being a great best friend," he said. 

"I'm not mad. Come here, give me a hug," I said. He came over and I opened my arms. I gave him a big hug, but squeezed him really hard. 

"OKAY OKAY! I GET IT! Please let go~" I laughed and did as told. He patted my head and walked out of my room, of course closing the door behind him, because that's what nice people do. I decided to sleep immediately, because it was already 1AM by now. Of course, I didn't forget to set an alarm. 


I'm busy with finals atm, so I won't be updating for the next two weeks. Besides that, I hope you guys are enjoying my story and thanks for subscribing, commenting and just reading my story! It's very much appreciated and of course means an awful lot. I couldn't thank you guys enough. 

On another note, I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! Make sure to cherish her and love her infinitely, not only on Mother's Day, but also on any other day. They've gone through a lot and gave up on a lot just to take care of you. Having to take care of a teenager is a job, because I'm a teenager myself. I know being rebellious is part of being a teenager, but please consider your mother's feelings and know that she just wants the best for you at the end of the day. Give her lots of kisses and hugs! xo