Twenty One

Double-minded

Today was the big day!! It was the day of our audition for BPAC. I've been practicing for about two weeks and it's been going very well. I also discovered Jimin, Taehyung and Jin were also going to audition for BPAC. I was so taken aback when I heard it, I almost burst in tears. About the other three; Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi, they already auditioned. They auditioned for other schools. Namjoon auditioned to get into an English major, because he wants to better his English skills and his writing skills. Hoseok auditioned for a dance academy an hour away from here and Yoongi auditioned for some school I don't know the name of. He only told us he wanted to be a producer for big artists when he gets older. That's as much information as he would give me. 

I was still going over my lines and preparing my vocal cords and my voice. I was really nervous. I didn't want to say it out loud, because I was scared my nervosity would rub off on Jungkook. He barely gets nervous for things though, so I wasn't too concerned. He had to prepare a song and a dance, because that's what he wanted. I, on the other hand, only prepared a song to sing. I wasn't a dancer, so I had no interest in doing that. I knew I eventually had to learn it, because it's mandatory to take dance classes, singing classes, acting classes and music classes. According to Jungkook, I'm not a bad dancer, so I think it'll be alright. 

"Honey." My mom came into my room and sat on the bed. "I just came here for support. I wanted to tell you that your dad and I are very very proud of you and everything you've done. We'll always be proud of you and we'll be right here to cheer you on. We know you can do it, so you should also have some faith in yourself, okay?" I looked at her full of love. I was so thankful for her words. They definitely encouraged me to do even better. 

"Thanks Mom!" I hugged her and showered her cheek with kisses all over. 

"Okay okay, I get it. Now get ready, because Jungkook is waiting for you downstairs," Mom said. I nodded and threw on my coat while running downstairs with my shoes on. 

"Jungkook!" I beamed. He got up from the couch and spread his arms. I jumped in his arms and held on tight. "I missed you so much.. and you'll pass the audition," I whispered. He nodded and pulled out of the hug.

"I missed you too, baby, and you will pass too. I believe in you and I'll cheer for you," Jungkook said. He gave me a kiss before leading me out of my own house. We said bye to my mom and got in the car. Jimin, Taehyung and Jin already went by themselves, so we did too. Seeing Jungkook honestly took away half of my nervousness. His presence was very assuring.

"Are you nervous?" He asked. I glared at him for asking me that question. Of course I was nervous..

"What the hell do you think?" 

"I'm sorry, baby," he said, putting his hand on top of mine, "I'm just kind of nervous myself.. so I didn't know what to say." He held my hand tighter and eventually looked up to find my gaze. My eyes softened at his apology. I didn't expect him to be nervous. 

"It's okay, I wasn't mad. And you shouldn't be nervous. Have you seen yourself dancing? Or have you heard yourself singing? You're amazing and I'm sure you'll pass." I put my other hand on top of his bigger hand and patted it. "Let's hope we both pass."

"Thank you," he smiled, "I love you a lot, you know that, right?"

"Of course I do. How can I not when you remind me every single day?" I laughed and let out a happy sigh. I let go of his hand so he could actually drive safely. I wasn't risking getting into a car accident right before our audition for BPAC. This audition is very important, so we have to be prepared. At least I got a good night sleep and a healthy breakfast. Mom even made smoothies for us for energy. I also bought some snacks in case we would have to wait longer than expected. 

In the letter we received, they sent us all the necessary information. We had to be there at 12 o'clock and would be called in according to our numbers. After everyone's audition, they would call up groups of ten to twenty people to let them know if they passed or not. Afterwards, the ones who passed had to fill in papers. This audition would take up the whole day, so we had to prepare a lot. We didn't have to bring food, because they would provide us with food. We could, though. Jungkook and I thought it would be smart to bring something ourselves as well, so we brought the snacks, the smoothies and some sandwiches. 

I'm sure there's going to be tons of people for the audition. It's almost 11 o'clock and the drive wouldn't take longer than 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure we have to stand in line to receive the stickers with our numbers on it. And since we're pretty 'late', we'll probably have to stand all the way in the back. I don't really mind, though, as long as I get to audition. It does mean we have to wait longer, which means the nervosity will built up more and more. 

The whole carride, Jungkook and I put on some moodlifting songs and sang along. Of course we didn't forget to save our voices for the audition, we just sang along a little. I completely forgot about the audition and my nervousness slowly disappeared.

This was.. until we arrived at BPAC. I saw people lining up and other people already going in with stickers on their shirts. Everyone looked very tense and nervous. I took my time looking around and didn't want to get out of the car yet. I didn't even notice Jungkook getting out and walking over to the passenger's side. 

"Babe, let's get in line before it gets too long," Jungkook softly said. He offered his hand and I put mine in his. I grabbed my bag from between my legs and got out with the help of Jungkook. We slung our bags over our shoulders and got in line. I felt myself sweating and heating up.

"You're shaking.." 

"I know, I'm sorry, I'll just not hold your hand and calm myself down," I replied. I let go of his hand, inhaled and exhaled, shook my hands and took another deep breath. 

Jungkook suddenly cupped my face with his hands, "Calm down, Aria. You'll be fine, I believe in you. I'll be standing outside waiting for you and cheering you on. You have nothing to worry about, because you have a beautiful voice and a beautiful personality. They will fall for you as soon as they see you," he said. The look in his eyes said nothing bit sincerity, love and happiness. It lifted up my mood and actually did calm me down. I nodded and put my arms around him, closing my eyes. His scent, the pace of his breathing and his soothing words calmed me down all together. I stopped sweating and shaking. 

Now that I was calm, I took my time and looked around at all the people. Some seemed way older than me and others seemed to be around my age. Everyone was looking tense as hell or either very focused. There were also people who were practicing their singing. I decided to not do that, because it would only make me more nervous. Maybe once I'm inside, I'll practice. Now is not the time to do so. 

__

A while has passed and it's almost 1 o'clock now. Jungkook and I are only a few meters away from the front of the line. I decided I would go before Jungkook, because I wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. Jungkook agreed, because he didn't mind. 

"Hello, your name please?"

"Jung Aria." 

"Okay, here is your sticker. Stick it on the front of your shirt where it is visible, then go in and wait there. There are tv-screens hanging all around the building, so when you don't know when it's your turn, just look on those. It'll show the next five people." I thanked her and received the sticker. I was number 304. I stepped aside and waited for Jungkook. The lady said the exact same thing to him and handed him the sticker. 

"Ready?" Jungkook asked.

"I guess.."

Jungkook smiled and took my hand in his. We walked into the building and looked around. Immediately in front of us was the main door, which probably led to the stage in front of the judges. There were a few people waiting in front of it. Others were sprawled all over the place. We took a right turn and saw a cafeteria. Some people were sitting there, eating, while others were practicing and going over whatever they had to. There was a window on the left. I could see people practicing outside as well. They were dancing and some were singing. 

"Do you want to practice as well?" I asked. Jungkook shook his head and took a seat.

"I'm okay. I've been practicing for the past three weeks, I think I'm good. And besides, I'll only confuse myself if I do so. Do you want to practice?"

"No," I chuckled, "I practiced singing for two weeks and I don't want to damage my vocal chords. Wanna spend our time eating and sitting then?"

"As long as I'm with you," he said. 

I shook my head, "You're so cheesy as always."

"You're still blushing and smiling, so I think I'm good," he said, proudly grinning. I wanted to punch him in the face for saying that. I was indeed smiling and blushing, but it was still cheesy as hell. How can something like that come out of someone's mouth without them cringing at their own words?

"How long do you think it'll take for our numbers to be called up?" I asked.

"Maybe an hour to two hours? There were a lot of other people standing in front of us," Jungkook answered. He was just casually looking around when his eyes suddenly widened. I looked in his direction and my eyes widened as well. 

"Jungkook! Aria!" Jimin shouted. He ran over to us and hugged us. "How long have you two been here? What are your numbers?"

"Hellooo!" Taehyung beamed. He high-fived each of us and grabbed a chair to sit next to us.

"Hey guys, you're both looking pretty good," Jin said. We were now sitting around a table. I looked at their numbers and they were way before us. They had the numbers 197, 198 and 199. They must have gotten here pretty early. 

"We just got here 1,5 hour ago. What about you three?" I asked. 

"We got here like 2,5 hours ago. We should be up in a few minutes," Jimin said, looking at one of the tv-screens. I followed his gaze and saw the number 173 on the screen. This meant they still had about 20 to 30 minutes to prepare. I was surprised to see them so calm and not stressed. They even looked better than Jungkook. Not better look-wise, but stress-wise. They acted like this was just a casual thing and not something that would mean a hell of a lot to their future. 

"I never asked, but what are you three doing? Just singing? Or just dancing?" I asked, looking at the three of them.

"I'm dancing," Jimin said.

"I'm singing," Taehyung said.

"Singing as well," Jin said, cutely putting his hand up. 

"Guess I'm the only one doing two things then, huh?" Jungkook said, laughing. He bent down and rumbled through his bag for something. A few moments later, he pulled out a chocolate bar. He broke off pieces and gave each of us a piece. He then went on and ate the rest of the bar in one go. All this time, I looked at him, noticing every little action. 

We spent time talking, joking and just having fun. We tried our hardest to forget the audition. Actually, we weren't trying our hardest to forget it, we just did. We unconsciously talked and talked until one of us was up. The first one was Taehyung, since he had number 197. The guys gave him high fives and I gave him a hug, hoping to encourage him. Taehyung still didn't look nervous when he entered the main door. 

-

Five minutes later, Taehyung came out of the main door with a huge smile on his face. He seemed very confident.

He gave Jimin a high-five and sat down. "I think I passed," he grinned, "They looked very satisfied." 

"Good job, bro," Jimin said, having a wide grin on his face as well. Jin ruffled Taehyung's hair and smiled a proud father-like smile. It was Jin's turn next, so he got out of his seat and went over to the same door Taehyung just came out of. Jimin also got up and stood near the door to wait for his turn. Jin walked in and the door closed. 

Ten minutes later, the three of them all had their turns in the audition. They were all very confident about passing, which was envious. I don't have that much confidence, even if a thousand people told me I did great. I'm only a 100% sure when it's confirmed. Even after that, I'd probably still not believe it. I doubt myself a lot, although this is very unnecessary. I'm working on getting rid of this trait, though. I'm working on my confidence.