Seventeen

Double-minded

After driving for two hours with a 30 minute stop, we finally arrived at our destination. Everyone woke up feeling fresh and awake. The only thing that was left to do was finding a parking spot. We may or may not be a bit late. We've been driving around for almost 15 minutes and there was still no empty parking spot found.. We could see tons of people already walking towards the festival, so we had to hurry up and find a parking spot. 

"Ahh, Namjoon! Hurry up!" Jimin whined. He groaned and put his head against the seat in front of him. 

"Shut up, Jimin. It's not like I can magically find one," Namjoon said, surprisingly still calm. Jimin shut up immediately, knowing he would get his beat if he continued whining. Namjoon is not the type to yell at any of us, but he'll give the silent treatment, which could be ten times worse. 

After another round around the parking lot, we finally found an empty spot. Namjoon quickly parked the car and told us to get out. Everyone took their bags out of the trunk and we walked towards the festival together. There were a lot of other people who were walking in the same direction as us and we received a few stares from groups of girls. I ignored their stares, as usual, and continued walking. It seemed like the others also didn't pay attention to the stares, except for Daisy. She occasionally nudged me.

"Don't look at them," I said. Daisy sighed and held Jimin's hand tighter. It was only 5.30pm and I was already dying from the heat. Imagine dancing inbetween all the other sweaty people..

"Aria, why are you walking next to Daisy instead of next to me?" Jungkook whined. I looked up to see him pouting and laughed. He looked so silly and cute.

"Do I really have to be with you all the time?" I asked. I didn't mean it, of course I wanted to walk with Jungkook. I just forgot.. I was too busy sweating and looking at my surroundings. 

Jungkook reached for my hand, "Of course," he smiled. After a while, he suddenly let go of my hand and slung his arm over my shoulders. It wasn't the most ideal position, because Jungkook was sweating so much, that it got sticky. It felt unpleasant as well, so I'd rather hold his hand than have his arm around me....

"You're sweaty..." I mumbled. 

"But you still love me," Jungkook said. I glared at him and removed his arm. I reached for his hand and held it instead. It was much more comfortable than his sticky arm around me. He eventually just accepted it and didn't complain. We were almost at the actual festival, we only had to go through security. 

After going through security and everything, we were finally at the actual festival. People were dancing around with drinks in their hands and sweat on their bodies. Music was loud as ever, but not to the point you couldn't hear each other talking. Without even moving that much, I felt dehydrated and thirsty. We quickly settled for a spot and all sat down. I got my water bottle out of my bag and took multiple sips. I immediately felt hydrated and refreshened. 

"Baby, come here," Jungkook said. I scooted closer to him and leaned against him while he had his arms around me. I was looking around at the people, not really paying attention to everything that was happening next to me. I was wondering why we decided to sit down and not dance.. 

"When are the groups coming?" I asked. The DJ has been playing music for a while now, so I was wondering why the groups still didn't appear. 

"EXID is the first one to perform.. I believe they start at around 6.30pm," Jin said. Yoongi suddenly sprawled himself on the grass and closed his eyes. Of course it had to be Yoongi. Who else likes to sleep at random times during the day? 

I continued leaning against Jungkook and eventually ended up laying with my head on his lap. A lot of people around us were just lying on the grass and playing around with their friends. Everyone was probably waiting for the groups as well. It surprised me to see the amount of people.. I didn't expect this many people, but I guess that's the effect of idol groups. 

It's been a while now and someone on the stage announced the first group. Everyone got up, including us, and walked to the front. We were lucky we were pretty close to the stage. The man on the stage announced the group again and left the stage. The first group was EXID, as I mentioned earlier. Everyone around us started screaming and shouting and I felt like I went deaf that moment. Jungkook put his arms around my waist while standing behind me. I was too concentrated on the group. 

"Hi! We're EXID, enjoy our performance~" Hani said. I was so infatuated by her beauty, I almost forgot how to breathe. She's so pretty and cute, it hurts my soul to look at her. Her body was also ideal. I've always liked the group, but never got too deep into it. 

EXID started performing Up&Down and everyone sang along. The whole performance, I somehow forgot to look at the whole group, and ended up looking at Hani only. I wanted to punch myself, because I didn't get to enjoy the whole performance like I would want to. 

"Babe.." Jungkook whispered near my ear. After he repeated himself again, I heard him. I turned my head to look at him and he just burst out in a smile. "You're so focused," he chuckled. 

"I know.. but isn't Hani super pretty?" I said. Jungkook wrapped his arms around me tighter and kissed my cheek.

"Not prettier than you." 

I laughed and shook my head, "You're sooo cheesy." I turned away from him and diverted my attention back to the stage. They were now performing their new song 'Ah Yeah'. This time, I actually paid attention to the group as a whole. The stage was enjoyable and fun to watch. They seemed very happy as well. 

Daisy and I were now standing in front of the boys. They stood a bit behind us, and I was surprised to see them not very amazed at EXID's performance (and their beauty). Meanwhile, Daisy and I were going crazy over them. EXID's performance soon came to an end and it was silent for a bit. No music was playing and it seemed like they were giving us a break or something. Daisy and I decided to sit down and drink some much needed water. The guys were still standing and looking around them for food. They took a few steps away from us to see the food stands better. I was about to call out for Jungkook to tell him he didn't have to buy anything for me, when two girls approached Jimin and Jungkook. I know Jungkook and Jimin are pretty handsome, so it wasn't a surprise that they approached them. I trusted Jungkook enough to not do anything, so I just ignored it and talked to Taehyung. 

Not long after, I saw the two girls walking away with hurt expressions on their faces. Jungkook and Jimin came towards us and sat down next to us. Jungkook wrapped his arms around me and whispered "I love you," multiple times. 

"Why so sudden?" I asked, chuckling. 

"I don't want you to think anything happened back there, because nothing happened," Jungkook said. 

"I know, I trust you," I assured him, "You thought I was going to get angry, just because you got approached by girls? Get off your high horse, Jeon." 

"I just don't want you to get mad, babe. I love you and only you," he smiled. I laughed and ruffled his slightly sweaty hair. "I'm not mad and I love you too," I replied. Jungkook reached down for a kiss and pulled me down, so we were both lying down. I lay down with my head on his chest, while he carressed my hair. It was pretty comfortable. 

••••••••

Almost all the groups had performed by now. There was only one group left. The group everyone anticipated the most, everyone including us. Jungkook had been excited about this performance for as long as I can remember. Ever since we planned to go to the festival, Jungkook had been fanboying over this group. Not only Jungkook... Taehyung as well.. and Jimin.. and basically all the others, but especially Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin. Daisy and I were almost going crazy, because of their screams. They were worse than us. 

"Big Bang!" The man from earlier announced. Again, he got off the stage and the named group walked up the stage. Unfortunately for me, I almost went deaf again. Jungkook let go of me and started going (almost) crazy. Eventually, Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung were standing together, screaming their voices away. Daisy pulled me next to her and slung her arm over me. We were cheering and clapping, while singing along as well. It was funny to see our boyfriends going crazy over a group like that. I've never seen Jungkook like this and it's probably also the last time we're gonna see them like this. Seeing Big Bang isn't something normal. It's too expensive to go to their concert. Yes, the festival tickets were also really expensive, but the price was reasonable, since we got to see multiple groups. 

••••••••

The festival eventually came to an end and the place was slowly going empty. Everyone was leaving and so were we. It got pretty late and we still had to get to our car, get out of the place and drive for two hours. I was almost certain it would take up to an hour to get out of this place, because a lot of people came by car, hence the packed parking lot. We made our way out and looked for our car. 

"How are we gonna get out of this place..." Hoseok muttered. There were many cars that weren't even able to get out of their parking spot, because it was so crowded. It was like a traffic jam, but on a parking lot. We all decided to sit in the car and wait for an opportunity to get out. 

It was around 1am right now, and we were still not out of this place. We were sitting in the car with the windows rolled down and everyone seemed to be pretty hungry. We didn't really get to eat that much at the festival, because we didn't want to lose our spots by buying food and it was quite expensive...

I leaned my head against Jungkook's shoulder while he had his arm around me. I felt myself slowly falling asleep, but after a while, I jolted up. This was like an ongoing cycle, but I couldn't really control it. I eventually did fall asleep. 

Jungkook's POV

After waiting in our parking spot for 20 minutes, we were still not given a chance to get out. Aria already fell asleep on my shoulder. She seemed to be really tired, so I let her sleep. After all, it didn't seem like we were getting out of here anytime soon. We also had to drive two hours, so she could get plenty of sleep in those two hours. I heard Namjoon say we would go to a McDonald's drive-through once we were close to home, so I'll wake her up when we get close.

Anyways, I was really happy I finally got to see Big Bang. I've been wanting to see them for so long and it finally happened. I knew I was going crazy back there and I almost lost my voice, but it was all worth it. I must have received some pretty weirded out stares, but I truthfully didn't care.

Another ten minutes has passed and we were finally out of that stupid parking spot. We were driving behind a bunch of other cars. Aria occasionally stirred in her sleep, but her eyes didn't open. She looked very peaceful and cute in her sleep. I almost couldn't resist pinching her cheeks. I knew she would wake up if I did that, so I didn't. I really loved watching her sleep, because she looks too beautiful to not look at her. Why do you sound so creepy, Jeon Jungkook...

••••••••

Back to Aria's POV

I felt a cold breeze, which woke me up. I opened my eyes and lifted my head off Jungkook's shoulder. The window was slightly open, which explained the cold breeze. I looked around and found out everyone fell asleep, except Namjoon. He gave me a look in the rearview mirror and smiled. I waved at him, but neither of us uttered a word, because we didn't want to wake the others up. I reached for my phone and looked at the time. 3AM.. I yawned and texted Mom, to let her know we were safe and on our way home. Of course she wouldn't reply, it was 3am. I just thought it would be good to let her know, in case she was still up worrying about me. 

"Hey, baby," someone whispered. I was still in a daze from just waking up, so I looked around to see who it was. After looking at everyone's face, except Jungkook's, I realized it had to be him. I turned my head his way and smiled. I leaned against Jungkook again and put my arm around him. "Did you sleep well?" Jungkook asked, still whispering. I nodded and looked out of the window. The highway was as good as empty at this time. We had the whole road to ourselves. 

"Guys? Can you try to wake up the others? I'm gonna go to a McDonald's drive-through now," Namjoon said. Jungkook and I nodded and turned to the others. Jimin was sitting next to me, so I woke him up first. I lightly pinched his cheek and he woke up immediately. He must be a light sleeper then... Jimin's eyes fluttered open and he confusedly looked at me. "Can you wake up your girlfriend?" I asked. Jimin nodded and turned around to Daisy. Now it was time to wake up the people in front of us. Taehyung, Yoongi and Hoseok were sitting in front of us. Jimin decided to wake Hoseok up, so I did Taehyung. I remembered the last time I woke Taehyung up by pinching his nose, so I used the same tactic this time. It didn't come as a surprise when he indeed woke up right away. Jimin had woken Hoseok up as well and we only had to wake up Yoongi now... Unfortunately, neither of us dared to disturb Yoongi's sleep. 

"Just wake him up," Jimin muttered. I glared at him and was about to punch him when Namjoon shot us a glare. Jin came to our rescue and woke Yoongi up. Yoongi let out a deep groan and punched Taehyung, who was sitting next to him, in the stomach. Taehyung bent forward and groaned. 

"Yah, Min Yoongi, wake up," Namjoon said, "You're not getting any food if you don't wake up." At that last statement, Yoongi's eyes shot open. He looked at his side to see Taehyung still bent forward. 

"Did I do that?" Yoongi asked, pointing at Taehyung. Everyone nodded and laughed. Yoongi shrugged and put his headphones on again. Everyone was freely talking right now, without having to worry about waking anyone up. 

"I'm still tired.." I mumbled. Jungkook looked down at me and reached down to kiss me on my forehead. He then reached for my hand and held it tight.

"You can go to sleep soon," Jungkook said, "But first food." My stomach started to growl right at that moment. My friendship with the others has reached the point where I'm not even embarrassed anymore. Everyone's stomach was basically growling, because we hadn't had a proper meal today. Luckily, we were soon driving into a drive-through. Namjoon knew our usual orders and ordered that. 

After ordering everything, we drove to Namjoon's house to eat there. He had handed everyone their food during the carride, so some were already eating during the ride to Namjoon's place. I occasionally ate some fries and fed Jungkook some as well. 

Ten minutes had passed and we finally reached Namjoon's place. We all hurried out of the car and went inside to eat. Some of us sat at the dining table, while others sat in the living room. Jungkook and I were in the living room with Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon. Taehyung, Jimin, Daisy and Jin were eating at the dining table. In a matter of seconds, we all had finished our food. Namjoon offered to take all of us home, but everyone declined his offer. Jungkook and I were fine with walking home and the others didn't seem to mind either. Yoongi and Hoseok called for a taxi, because they lived near each other and were too lazy to walk, Jin stayed at Namjoon's place, Daisy and Jimin had already left and Taehyung decided to stay at Namjoon's place as well. 

"Wanna leave?" Jungkook asked. I nodded and got up with him. We didn't forget to take our bags with us and say our bye's to everyone. We left and decided to go home as quickly as possible. It was almost 5am and the sun should be rising soon. Then, Jungkook came with an idea to quickly go to the lake nearby and watch the sunrise before going home. I didn't reject the offer, so we ran to the lake. We sat on the edge and took our shoes off to put our feet in the water. The sky started to turn a pinkish-blue colour. 

"It's beautiful," I whispered. I have to be honest with you, it's been a long time since I saw sunrise. I'm not one to wake up early to see the sunrise, while it's actually worth it. I loved sunrises and sunsets. I loved how the sky turned another colour for a while, just so the sun could rise or set. I loved the whole change in day or night. 

Jungkook smiled and leaned closer to give me a kiss. I could feel a smile tugging on his lips, so I pulled away, just to catch him in that moment. He was smiling, almost showing his teeth. However, it soon turned into a frown when he realized I had pulled away.

"You're cute," I said, ignoring his frown. The sun had risen by now, so I thought it was time to go home. "Let's go, Jeon," I said. I got up and pulled him up with me.

"Why Jeon?" Jungkook wondered. I rolled my eyes and continued walking next to him. We decided to stay at Jungkook's house tonight and I made sure to send my mother a text to let her know. 

"I like saying Jeon," I said. Jungkook's name is honestly too long to say sometimes. Saying something like Jeon is much quicker and shorter. 

"But it sounds so formal.."

"What else do you want me to call you? Jungkook? JeonJung? Kook? Jung?" 

"I don't know, you never call me baby," he said. 

"You're kidding me right? I do call you baby! Sometimes..." 

"Yeah, once every month," he replied. I was aware of that.. I wasn't going to deny it. I just find baby or babe being used too often. Everyone calls their loved ones babe or baby.. I'm not a creative person to come up with a cute nickname, so I decided to just not. 

"Are you really upset, because I don't have a cute nickname for you? I don't know what to call you other than Jungkook. Can't I just call you Jungkook? You didn't get the name for nothing, right? I don't get upset, because you call me baby! Do you know how cheesy that actually is.. I cringe everytime I hear it.." I argued back. The last sentence accidentally slipped out of my mouth. I do not cringe when I hear him call me baby! I honestly don't.. my heart goes crazy everytime he calls me baby or babe... so.. I don't know why I said that.. I wanted to take it back the moment I said it, but pride got in the way.

"Okay okay, fine. Just call me Jungkook then," he said. He somehow sounded upset and I knew it was my fault. I just didn't understand why he would get upset. Just because I don't have a nickname for him? He knows I'm not one to be cheesy to have a nickname for him... 

"Are you mad?" I asked, trying to look at his face. He turned away from me, so I couldn't see his face. I took his chin inbetween my thumb and indexfinger to turn his head towards me. He looked at me with an empty stare and I started to feel really really bad. I can't believe I actually said something that could possibly hurt him... Jungkook usually doesn't get hurt that easily, so... I don't know... 

I looked down at the ground to think of a way to make him forgive me, but nothing came to mind. I was completely blank....

"Aw, please! I'm sorry for saying what I said earlier.." I said. Still not getting a reaction from Jungkook... I sighed and thought harder to make him forgive me. I hugged his neck and tried to reach up to give him a kiss, but he was a head taller than me and trying to kiss someone while still walking is really hard.. He was still not giving a response.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I said, "I didn't mean what I said earlier. I don't cringe whenever you call me babe, I really don't. My heart stops whenever you call me that, I swear! I just didn't know what to say and you were pissing me off a bit, so it slipped out of my mouth, but I swear I didn't mean it," I said without taking a breath. When he still didn't respond, I halted and made him stop as well. I stood in front of him and held his face with my hands. "Please forgive me? I really didn't mean it.. Please? I'll make it up to you. Just don't ignore me like that, it .." I reached up and was finally able to give him a kiss. I decided to throw some cuteness in as well, knowing he can't resist it when I act cute, because I rarely do. I used the oldest trick in the book: Pouting. I pouted and blinked a few times. A saw a small smile tugging on his lips, but it soon faded. 

"Yah! I saw that! Just forgive me, please? Please? I love you, I love you, I love you, please forgive me. I said something very stupid and I really didn't mean it. Come on! How much longer are you gonna stay mad? You can't stay mad forever, because I'm still sleeping at your place," I said. A wide grin spread on his face and he pulled me in a hug. 

"I was never mad, idiot. I just wanted to see how far you would go," he laughed, "I would never be able to stay mad at you for longer than 10 seconds." I glared at him and punched him. I walked away and crossed my arms. How can he make me act cute! He knows how much I hate it.. 

"Don't tell me you're gonna be mad at me now," he laughed. He caught up with me and put his arms around me. "You're not really mad, right?" I turned around and punched him one last time before reaching for his hand. "But did you really mean what you said about your heart stopping whenever I call you baby?" 

"No, I don't know w-what you're talking about," I stuttered. Jungkook laughed and didn't say anything. I looked up at his face and quickly looked away to smile at his cuteness. He melted my heart again by not doing anything at all. 

Jungkook suddenly leaned near my head, "I love you way more than you love me," he said, sounding like he was challenging me. 

"Can't we just love each other equally?" I asked. He shook his head right away. 

"No," he said, sticking his tongue out. I laughed and decided not to argue with him, because there really wasn't a point in arguing with him. 

We finally arrived in front of Jungkook's house and went inside. We tried to be as quiet as possible and went into his room. He threw me one of his shirts and changed into his pajamas himself. I quickly did so as well and made my way to the bathroom, only to be joined by Jungkook after. We washed our faces and brushed our teeth before going to bed. It's been a while since I had slept at Jungkook's house, but his bed felt comfortable as ever. I didn't know what made his bed so comfortable and if it was his presence beside me that made it comfortable, but I loved sleeping here. He always helped with getting me to sleep by singing, humming a song or just by whispering sweet nothings to me. 

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too, baby," he said. There it was, the 'baby' again.. my heart skipped a beat and almost fell out of my chest. I ignored it and soon fell asleep in his arms. I felt like this was where I was supposed to be; in Jungkook's arms. I've been really really happy with him as my best friend and as my boyfriend. Happier than I was before, way happier. I'd like it if it stayed like this.