Three

Double-minded

I just exited my house, when someone suddenly jumped in front of me. I held my chest with my hand and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," he chuckled, "Mind going to school together?"

"S-sure," I said, still a little shocked at what happened earlier. "How's your arm?" He looked down at his arm and shrugged.

He sighed, "Still the same.. My parents refused to give me a massage and my little sister threw a fit when I asked her.." 

"Poor you, I think it might be karma trying to get back at you," I joked. He sighed again and glared at me. We were nearing the busstop, and luckily there weren't many people there. I sat down and shivered, because of the slight breeze. 

The bus was late by five minutes, but we weren't in a hurry, so we didn't mind. We took an earlier bus on purpose, because we didn't want to risk being late. 

"Are you working again tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, from 6 till 10. You?" 

"Same. I really don't want to go," I whined. 

"At least it's a Wednesday, so there won't be too many people, right?" 

"Yeah, that's true.. And luckily, I have you to torture," I said and laughed.

"Uhm, no." 

"Too bad," I said, sticking my tongue out. I took my earphones out of my bag and plugged them into my phone. I rested my head against the window and closed my eyes, not realizing that I was slowly falling asleep. 

"Aria.. Aria, wake up," Jungkook said. He started shaking me harder, which I finally woke up to. "The bus stopped. You really need to stop falling asleep in the bus," he said and chuckled. I sighed and got up, grabbing my schoolbag.

"Whatever." 

We entered the school together and got some weird looks from people. I didn't care, though, Jungkook pointed it out. I've always been the type to not really care about other's opinions. I do occasionally hear them, but it doesn't bug me. 

Another school day started and I was feeling zero excitement. The only thing I was slightly excited about was seeing Diasy again. I went to my locker and said bye to Jungkook. Immediately when I opened my locker, Diasy's face popped up next to it.

"Missed me?" She grinned.

"Of course!" I said and pulled her in for a hug. I hugged her real tight and put my face in her shoulder. "I felt lonely, but luckily I had my always reliable roof."

"Of course you went there. You didn't get weird looks because you were alone, right?"

"You know I don't pay attention to that," I shrugged. I grabbed some books out of my locker and put them in my bag, "Okay, let's go to class~" We hooked arms and walked to class. Seeing Daisy made my day an infinity times better. We walked into class and took our seats in the back. There were 15 minutes left till class started, so Daisy and I spent those 15 minutes for some quality time together, aka talk.

"So, anything new to tell me?" Daisy asked. 

"Uhm.. Oh yeah, Jungkook now works at the restaurant I work at and he became a lot nicer," I said.

"Really? You're joking right? How is that even possible.. I guess impossible things aren't that impossible.." She said, mouth open. 

"Same what I thought. We're kinda getting along I guess." 

"Hmm, good. I was about to punch him if he kept being an ," she said.

"Wow wow wow, I didn't know THE Daisy was able to throw a punch at someone," I joked. She glared at me and pinched my cheek really hard. "Okay okay, sorry sorry, forgive me," I said, hugged her waist. She laughed and pushed me away. I suddenly felt my phone vibrate, so I looked at the message. It was a message from my boss and I knew immediately that he wanted to ask me if I could start earlier or if I could work tomorrow. Daisy knew who it was and what it was, so I read it aloud.

"Hello Aria, can you come to work earlier today? There are some reservations around 4 and no one else is working, and since you're the best worker.." I sighed and rolled my eyes. I sent him a text back, saying: "Will I get paid extra? I mean, this is a favour you're asking me and I would have to go home quickly to finish homework and stuff." Immediately afterwards, I received another text from "Yeah yeah sure. 200%? You can have dinner here. Come earlier and you can eat here. Thanks ahead!"

I giggled and put my phone down. 

"So?"

"Guess who's getting paid 200%? This girl!" I said, "And I get to eat 'dinner' there because I don't have time to eat at home. Guess I'll have to go there right after school.." 

"Lucky girl! Maybe I should find a job..." 

"Maybe? You definitely do," I said. I received another glare, but just laughed it off. Daisy also laughed, but stopped when a particular person stepped into the classroom. I frowned at her action, but just shrugged it off.

"Hey Aria," I turned my head and saw Jungkook walking passed our table, to the table next to ours. When I realized he said hi to me, I turned sideways and greeted him back.

"Hey. Did you also get asked to start earlier at work today?" I asked.

He thought for a moment before answering, "No, just starting at 6." I nodded and turned back to Daisy. Just when I wanted to say something, the teacher entered the classroom. I closed my mouth immediately and sat up straight. Let's say, this teacher can be pretty scary and strict.. 

The rest of the day went different than any other day. Jungkook was nice and I didn't get too many stares. I sighed when I looked at the time. It was 2:45 and I had to leave for work immediately. Lucky me that my dad wanted to pick me up from school. He also promised to bring my working clothes for me. 

"Hi dad! Thanks for picking me up," I said and smiled.

"No problem, sweetie. Your working clothes are in the back, so don't forget them later on. How was your day?" He asked.

"Just the usual. Classes, lunch and more classes. I hope it's not goin to be too chaotic at work today," I said.

"How did work go with Jungkook? Is he good?" 

"I don't know, dad," I chuckled, "It was his first day.."

"Hmm, okay. Tell me when you see any progress," he said. I nodded and saw my work from a distance. I sighed and grabbed my bag. Dad stopped the car and let me out. I went to the back to get the bags with my clothes. 

"Good luck, Aria! Don't overwork yourself and make sure to eat enough so you have energy!" He said. I nodded and waved at him. I checked the time and it was exactly 3 o'clock. I walked up the stairs and saw my boss making himself some coffee. 

"Oh, good afternoon Aria! I'm glad you're here!" He said.

"Yeah, well.. What do I get to eat?" I asked and put my bags on the chairs.

"Go look in the kitchen. Want something to drink?" He asked.

"Yeah, tea is okay," I said and walked off to the kitchen. I was surprised to see Mike there. I sneaked up behind him and gave him a hug. He yelled out and turned around.

"Aria! What are you doing here?" Mike asked.

"Checking what's for dinner," I said and smiled. I let go of him and walked into the kitchen. They were just making some dishes that were on the menu of the restaurant. I went to the sushi bar and saw another colleague of mine. 

"Hey, what you doing here?" I asked.

"Waiting for sushi so we can eat dinner," he chuckled. 

"That's for us?" I grinned. He nodded and laughed at my espression. 

"Go sit. I'll bring this out," he said.

"No no no, I have to help. And with the other things," I said. I grabbed some sushi out of his hand, put it on a tray and brought it out to where I placed my bags. I grabbed a few plates and a few chopsticks. After that, I went back to the kitchen to help out. A lot was done, so I put it on a tray and brought it out to the table. Mike was walking behind me and behind Mike was Drew (the other colleague I was talking about). We all took a seat around the table. Mike sat down across from me, Drew next to me and my boss next to Mike. 

"What are you guys waiting for? Dig in!" My boss said. We all smiled and started eating. I was grabbing some dumplings, when Mike suddenly put a piece of sushi in front of my mouth. I opened my mouth and ate it.

"Thanks," I smiled. The four of us sat there for the next 30 minutes, finishing all the food. It's bad to have leftovers, so we finished up everything.

"Okay guys, 15 minutes left till the first few customers come in. Get ready!" My boss said. We all nodded and went to the room for employees. I grabbed all my bags and put them in that room. I went to the bathroom to change into black jeans and a black blouse. After putting them on, I went back to the other room. I grabbed my brush and brushed my hair. I was struggling, trying to tie my hair in a ponytail, when Mike suddenly popped up behind me. 

"I can do this," he said.

"Uhm.. Are you sure? You barely have hair to tie.." I said. 

"Excuse you, I have a little sister with hair," he said. I laughed and nodded. "Okay okay, don't mess it up, please." I said. He nodded and was so concentrated on tying my hair, that he didn't notice me pulling weird faces in the mirror. 

"All done! See? It's perfect," he said. I laughed and nodded. 

"Thanks Mike~" I said. We had 10 minutes left, so I changed into other shoes. Mike did the same. 

"Ew Mike.. your feet smell weird," I said.

"Your fault for smelling them," he said. 

"Trust me, if I could do anything to not smell them, I would," I said. "Whatever," he said and tied his shoes. We were both done and walked out of the room. 

"Don't we look good in all black," I said to ourselves, not really expecting a reaction from anyone but Mike.

"We always look good, no matter what colour we wear," Mike said. He put his arm around me and laughed. No customers were here yet, so we proceeded walking like this, through the whole restaurant. 

"You two! Get to work and stop playing around."

"No one's here, there's nothing to do," Mike said. Our boss was taken aback and didn't respond. He turned his back to us and walked towards the bar. We both burst out laughing and decided to get to work. "See you later, cutie," Mike said. I laughed and shook my head. I went to part A of the restaurant to check if everything was clean. Some tables were still disgusting, so I grabbed a wet towel and went over the table with it. I heard the first few customers entering, so I turned around and threw the towel in a bucket. I saw my boss pointing to the customers, so I immediately went to the table they went to. 

"Good evening, my name is Aria and I'll be your waitress for tonight! Do you all know how it works here?" I asked. They all nodded with a smile on their face. "That's great! What would you all like to drink?" 

I wrote down all the drinks they ordered and went to the bar to pass on the paper. 

"Aria, can you bring the drinks to their table?" My boss asked. I hesitated, because I've never done this, but eventually agreed. "Be careful, just place your hand in the middle and it'll be okay." I nodded and grabbed the tray. I carefully walked towards the table and called out the drinks. I placed them in front of each person, walked around to look for empty plates and went to the kitchen to see if there was anything else to do. Meanwhile, Mike was washing some dishes from yesterday.

"Ariaa~"  

"Hm?" I looked up, only to find a smirking Mike. I pinched his cheeks and smiled. He laughed, while continuing washing the dishes. "Your eyes completely disappear when you smile, so cute," I said and walked away. 

"Hey Aria, how are you?" One of my co-workers, Ethan, asked.

"Hey, I'm great. How about you? Is it going to be a  busy day?" I asked.

"I'm doing great as well. You know it's Valentine's Day today, right? So, many many couples," he said and laughed. I groaned and helped him with a try full of dirty plates. I brought them to the kitchen and decided to help Mike, since there was nothing else to do. 

"Why do you have to take up so much space," I said and slightly pushed him away with my hip.

"Because I'm a guy and I need space? Hey, why don't you go and look for a date, instead of bickering with me," he said, sticking his tongue out.

"Because I don't want to and I love bickering with you," I said. 

"Whatever," he said and moved on with the dishes. We were both almost finished. 

"Aria! Long time no see! I missed you," another co-worker of mine said. She walked up to me and gave me a tight backhug. 

"Hey Chalice! How are you? Your hair got bigger," I joked and turned around to hug her back. 

"I'm doing great! And honestly, yes it did get bigger. Cool, right? I'm using something new," she said, touching her hair. I nodded and quickly finished the rest of the dishes. Mike was also finished, and since we had nothing to do, we decided to stay there and play around. Chalice left to walk around. 

"Why do you put so much gel in your hair?" I said, standing on my tippytoes to reach the top of his head. I lightly ruffled it.

"Don't touch it! You know how much time I spent to do that.." 

"Then don't," I said.

"It looks horrible if I don't."

"You still look cute," I said and once again ruffled his hair. I walked away and was followed by him. Just when I wanted to open the door, he blocked it by putting both his hands on the door. I was locked inbetween his arms. 

"What the hell are you doing? Mike, get back to work," I said while pushing one of his arms away. He was way stronger, so quickly put his arm back in place. He raised his left hand and put it on my head. He suddenly started ruffling my hair and laughed. 

"S-s-stop! !" I said, getting away from between his arms. My ponytail was all messed up now.. 

"Okay okay, sorry, I'll fix it for you," he said and approached me again. Before touching my hair, he washed his hands, which I really appreciated. Thanks Mike, for not wanting to put dirt in my hair, you .

He got the hairtie out of my hair and combed through it with his hands. He collected all my hair in the back and put it in a ponytail again. I was surprised at how quickly he did it, and the ponytail wasn't even bad. I normally take over 5 minutes to tie a normal looking ponytail, but he did it in under 20 seconds. 

"Do I get a hug for being a good friend?" He said.

"You're not my friend," I said.

"I am," he said, "Now give me a hug." He pulled me in by my arm and gave me a hug. What's with people and hugging me today.. Anyways, I decided to hug him back and put my arms around him. 

"Let's get something to drink, I'm thirsty," Mike said. He pulled me by my hand to the bar to get something to drink. We poured ourselves two glasses of coke and brought them back to the kitchen. While walking back to the kitchen, Mike whispered something in my ear.

"Be my valentine," he whispered.

I chuckled, "Ew, no," I said and lightly pushed him away, laughing. I went to the kitchen and placed my glass on one of the racks. He soon followed and did the same. 

"I wonder how you'll ever get a boyfriend with that attitude," he said.

"It's not that hard, I already have a participant," I said, pointing at him.

"He made a disgusted face and took a sip of his drink. We both laughed it off and went back to work. It was almost 5 now and customers were pouring in. Couples... Couples... and more couples... I sighed and got myself back together. I put a smile on my face and went to work. I walked around, asking customers if there was anything they wanted to drink, looking for empty plates and what more. After writing down some drinks of people, I went to the computer screen and put it in the computer. I went to the kitchen and waited for food to come out, so I could bring it to tables, when Jungkook walked in.

"Hey Aria, what's up?" Jungkook said.

"Nothing. Lots of couples tonight, so hold in your puke," I said. 

"You're kidding right? People take this Valentine's thing serious?" He said. 

"Apparently.." I said. 

"I asked her to be my Valentine, but she made a disgusted face and pushed me away," Mike said. I turned around and glared at him. He grinned at me, until I laughed. Stupid. 

"Are you staying after work for sushi?" Mike asked me.

"Yeah, sure," I said. I put food on my tray and left. I looked at the table numbers and went to the designated tables of the food. I picked up some empty plates and, again, went to the kitchen. This went on for most of the night. We slowly started approaching the end of the night.

"I don't want to anymoreeee," I said and put my head on Mike's back. 

"There's nothing to do anymore, so just chill there," he said and pointed at a chair in the corner of the kitchen. I nodded and skipped to the chair. I sat down and put my knees up. I hugged my knees, put my head on them and closed my eyes for a bit. I got surprised when someone suddenly called my name.

"Aria! Are you actually planning to sleep there?" Mike asked, "Get over here." I sighed and got up.

"What," I said. He glared at me for being so shortoff. "Okay okay sorry, what's up? Need my help? Anyone else needs my help? What?" 

"Yeah, Ethan needs your help. He just left, because he couldn't find you. I think he's over there looking for you," Mike said, pointing at the door on our left. I nodded and went out of the kitchen, moving towards where Mike pointed to. I immediately spotted Ethan and went over to him.

"Hey, heard you needed my help with something?" I said.

"Yeah, please clean up that table and help me with all these empty plates," he said and pointed at the pile of plates near his computer screen. I followed him to some tables and cleaned it up. I brought the empty plates to the kitchen and went back to help some more.

"Okay, that's all, thanks," he said. I nodded and went back to the kitchen. I looked at the time. 10.23 PM. I decided to go to my boss to ask at what time I could stop.

"Uhm, stop in 7 minutes. Tell Mike and Jungkook to stopp at the same time as you," he said. I nodded and went back to the kitchen.

"Mike~ 7 minutes left," I said. 

"Really? Thank god," He said and quickly finished whatever he was doing. 

"You do know that there are seven minutes left, right?" I said. He nodded and smiled. 

"Okay.." I said and walked away to look for Jungkook. I spotted him helping Ethan, so I approached him.

"Six minutes and you can stop," I said and smiled. He nodded. I took the tray with emply plates from him and quickly walked to the kitchen, because it was really heavy.  I almost slipped when entering the kitchen, because they were mopping the floor. Mike soon came to my rescue and took the tray from me. 

"Idiot, you know we always clean the floor when it approaches the end of our shift," Mike said.

"It's just really heavy.." I said.

"Stop that pout," he said and pinched my cheeks. I laughed and looked at the time. 30 seconds... Time to stop then! I took the apron off and smiled happily. I skipped towards Jungkook and pulled his arm.

"We can stop now," I said with a big grin on my face. He chuckled and nodded. He went back to the room for employees and I went to the kitchen to ask Mike when he could stop.

"When I finish mopping this floor," he answered, "Just go eat first, I'll come when I'm done." I nodded and walked away. I entered the room for employees and was shocked to see a shirtless Jungkook. I closed the door immediately.

"Can't you warn me beforehand next time?" He said.

"Shut up! You're the one changing in there," I said. I folded my arms and sat on one of the chairs nearby. I waited for him to come out, so I could get my stuff and change into my normal clothes.

"All done! You can come in~" He said and opened the door, peeking outside. I glared at him and pushed the door open. I went in to grab my bag and made my way to the bathroom. I quickly changed into my flannel and some washed jeans, because the ones I was wearing at the moment were dirty. I also put on other shoes and untied my hair. I left the bathroom and went back to the room for employees to get my coat. I exited the room and went to a random table with Jungkook. We sat down and our boss approached us.

"So, what do you guys want to eat?" He asked.

"Sushi! And fried rice! And maybe chicken wings?" I said. 

"Hey hey hey, what a coincidence that we have all that," our boss said and slightly smirked. My eyes lit up immediately. "Really? We do?" I said. He nodded and smiled. He made his way to the kitchen and brought out some food. Mike also came out of the kitchen with food. He placed it on the table and quickly went to the bathroom to change clothes. After a minute or so, he came out, changed into a simple flannel, black jeans and timberlands.

"Hey, we're matching," I said and smiled. He looked at my clothes and back at his clothes. "We are!" He said and laughed. He took a seat on my right and started eating right away. I also started and Jungkook followed. We started indulging the food in front of us while having small talks.

"How can a girl so petite eat so much.." Mike said. 

"Shut up, ," I said and forced a chicken wing in his mouth.

"How did you two become so close?" Jungkook suddenly asked. Mike and I turned our heads to Jungkook and thought for a moment. I was the first one to speak up. "We only started talking two months after I started here. He worked here a few months longer than me. The first thing we asked each other was what our names were. Funny how we didn't know each others' names until two months later, but we became very close ever since that moment," I said. I looked at Mike and nodded.

"Yeah, she was very shy the first two months. Like really shy. You wouldn't even recognize her from how she is now. She came her without knowing anyone and it was just kinda awkward for her," Mike said.

I nodded, "Everyone was really nice from the beginning, though. Ethan was the first person to talk to me. He told me how things worked and stuff. Mike was the first and last person I became very very close to. Through the months, we started to be more comfortable with each other and he slowly became this douchebag," I said and pointed at the guy on my right. 

"But you love this douchebag, so it's okay," he said. I rolled my eyes and started eating sushi. I noticed something was missing and suddenly got up. I made my way passed Mike and walked towards the bar. "Let's see.." I thought to myself. I made a cup of tea for myself and coke for the others. I put it on a round tray and brought it out to the others. I placed the cup of tea and two cokes on the table I was sitting at and brought the rest of the cokes to Ethan, my boss and the others. 

"Thanks, Aria," Etan and my boss said in unison. I smiled at them and went back to the table I sat at earlier, again passing Mike. 

"Thanks," Jungkook said.

"Thanks dear," Mike said. I pulled a disgusted face at him, but continued eating. One of the pros of working at a restaurant is the free food you get afterwards. Honestly, that was the main reason why I wanted to work here. 

After finishing everything together with Mike and Jungkook, we brought the plates to the kitchen and placed them there. We went to the desserts bar to see if there were any desserts left and luckily, there actually were a few! We grabbed a few plates and placed some fruit and creme brulees on them. Satisfied, we walked back to our table.

"By the way, how is the relationship between you two? You somehow seem close, but also not very," Mike said.

"We're not.. close. We only started talking normally to each other a few days ago. We used to hate each other's guts and we made a deal to not be s anymore," I said. 

"Sounds fun," Mike said and laughed. Jungkook and I both nodded and shrugged. I decided to sent my dad a quick text to tell him that I was done with work and that he could come pick me up in 30 minutes. 

After we finished eating, everyone gathered around one table and sat down. We usually do this after work, just catching up on things and talking. We once stayed till 1.30 AM, which is pretty late, since customers normally leave around 11. 

"So, none of us has a valentine this year?" Ethan said, chuckling. 

"Let's act like Valentine's day is not a real day," I said.

"Hey hey hey, but you're my Valentine," Mike said, pointing at me.

"No, I'm not," I said, sticking my tongue out at him. 

"You're in denial, so whatever. You still love me, and isn't Valentine's day about the people you love? Doesn't have to be a significant other, in my opinion," Mike said. Everyone agreed on it. 

"And that's why we don't have Valentine dates," my boss said whilst laughing. 

"I do, you guys don't," Mike said. We all rolled our eyes at his statement. This guy... 

"Do you guys always do this? I mean, sitting like this after work? Are y'all this close?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, well.. not everyone that works here is close with each other, but most of us are. We usually sit around a table with the four of us like this," Ethan said. The four of us meaning our boss, Ethan himself, Mike and I. Jungkook nodded. 

"Guys, Jungkook and I have to get going. My dad came a bit too early and we still have school tomorrow," I said, getting up from the chair and walking back to the table we sat at earlier, to get my coat and my bags. Jungkook did the same and said goodbye to the others. 

"Bye guys, thanks for the food!" I said.

"Don't I get a special bye?" Mike said, pouting. I laughed and approached him. I gave him a hug and a quick peck on the cheek, "Bye Mike, see you next time," I said and left. Jungkook and I spotted my dad's car easily and quickly went inside. I was sitting in the back with Jungkook, having small talks.

"Is work still hard?" I asked him.

"Yeah, my arm is only hurting more and more," he said and sighed. I laughed, shook my head and gave him a quick massage. "W-w-wait! Why are you so agressive! It hurts.." Jungkook said, whining. 

"Shut up, at least I'm trying to help you," I said and stuck my tongue out. He gave in and let me do whatever I was doing. I think I was almost hurting him more, but it's going to pay off. Just wait and see, all the pain is going to disappear tomorrow! 

My dad parked the car in our parking lot and we all got out of the car. "Bye Jungkook, sleep well, rest well and see you tomorrow," I said and waved him off. He waved back and entered his house. Dad and I entered our own house and each went our seperate ways. I ran upstairs to change into my pajamas and get ready for  bed and Dad was probably gonig to stay down to read some books. 

"Thanks for the massage earlier, Aria." I turned around and opened my curtains. I saw a grinning Jungkook on the other side, which made me smile back.

"It's nothing. Goodnight! I'm going to sleep now," I said and waved at him. It was pretty hot tonight, so I let my window stay open just slightly. I went to the bathroom, did everything and came back in my pajamas. I went to bed and listened to some music before sleeping. My sleep got disturbed when I was about to fall asleep. I looked at the time and it was 11:58 PM. 

Mike:  Happy Valentine's day, I love you :) thanks for always being there for me, you little idiot! Sleep tight, baby!! 

I smiled at the text and sent him one back. 

Aria:  Happy Valentine's day to you too and I love you too! I'm a ty friend compared to you. Thanks for always making me smile and giggle and laugh and chuckle during work and outside of work. Glad to have you in my life :) Good night, Mikey~

I put the phone away and finally went sleep.