Shoot!!! [4/?]

Shoot!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIS IS INSANE! 6,5K WORDS!!!! 

Happy xiabebek2015 Day \^^/

 

After receiving the unexpected letter from the one he doesn’t actually expected from (it’s not that he doesn’t expect it, he just doesn’t think it would be this fast, duh), Changmin went home in messy feeling. Confused. Nervous. Disbelief. In between happy and pessimist. Wondering. Reckoning. Heavy yet giddy. He still feels somewhat numb. He walks along the flow of his feet that successfully bringing him home safely; feels like it knows itself the route of his home. And the letter? Changmin doesn’t have any more space not to think about it because every second on his step to his home, his thought is fogged by the confession letter reigning his mind. He thought about the older boy he's just been stalking at and the pit of his stomach starts to do somersaults for the nth time that day. People confessed to him are no breaking news to him. He already got a lot bunch since elementary school but among them none makes n causes him this much curiosity and mind swirl like this child-like upperclassman.

The moment Changmin can grasp of reality is when he finally takes his cold bath later that night. His mushy brain starts to barely function and he eats dinner silently. Shim mama isn't too bothered over Changmin's sudden extra silence as her little daughter seeking for her attention throughout the dinner. Changmin walks back into his bedroom finding humself staring at his school bag on his desk, statued for some minutes before bracing himself again to reopen the letter. He retrieves the pink enveloped confession letter; once again rereading word by word, sentence to sentence, well worded paragraphs he received from the older boy.

Every time he finds the part describing (flattering) him from the other's point of view, he feels this funny feelings stirs his inside. It never fails him to feel giddy all the time. His lips are stretched wuder forming crescent smile he isn't aware at all that he's half grinning over a piece of paper.

His mind wanders to endless picture of possibilities. He hasn't known much about Kim Junsu aside from what he has seen n heard so far. He doesn't know whether Junsu did it sincerely for him or what. He wants to believe it badly. He wants to really see how this Kim Junsu upperclassman has a liking for him. He wonders what would it be like to be close to Kim Junsu, to get to know him further, to capture the sides of Kim Junsu's unrevealed traits. He starts to picture out whether they would fit well or not. 

His brain runs the numerous possibilities as his eyes direct their sharp gaze at the letter. 

Once. Twice.

Changmin yet again loses count how many times he's reread the letter and how many hours he's spent on facing the received love letter. Check on the clock hanging on his bedroom wall, showing 2 oclock in the morning. Changmin pays a bad look at the inviting letter that asks to be read again on his hands.

……

Damn.

At this rate, Changmin probably won’t get to sleep until morning. The pictures of future possibilities of them sprout non-stop offering more and more mixed hopes, uncertainty, expectation, anticipation and self defense altogether. His brain is so alive with thousands contradictive images. His body reminds him to rest yet his mind has a wild party he couldn't shut up.

---

“Changmin!” Mama shim calls her son to get down. “Come down now! Breakfast ready!”

Five minutes. Ten minutes. No answer nor the appearance of the said person.

Her son doesn’t go down immediately. He never ever skips breakfast. And he doesn’t even need to be told twice for breakfast. (It’s due to his big appetite, duh.)

“Min-ah! You’ll be late if you don’t get your breakfast now.”

And still no answer comes down from the beautiful woman’s calling. What is her son doing upstairs?

Her daughter already leaves her brother for being late. She finally decides to check her son’s room.

Knock knock

“Min-ah, you’re late.”

No answer.

“Min? Get up! It’s almost seven now.”

Still no answer from inside the room. And thinks it might best to wake her son up right now. She opens the door and finds an empty bedroom of her son’s.

Her son already goes to school without even takes his breakfast. For the very first time.

---

Changmin is scared of himself. He went to school way too earlier. He just wants to quickly touch down in school. He’s restless. He couldn’t close his eyes for the entire night. His hand agreed with his brain encouraging him to read it again and again. He still didn’t believe his own eyes receiving such letter from the specific certain older upperclassman. It should be clear by now that it means now the senior likes him too? Like he wants to ask Changmin out? Err.. Dating? In the open? What should he do when he faces the upperclassman? Say hi? How are you? Or answet the confession? What should he say? Changmin isn’t even exactly sure whether he likes the senior or not? But for sure, he doesn’t hate him. The smile made by the older does make him feel a pleasant feeling. He feels like he wants to laugh along with him. Isn't it something to start with? With more time, Changmin might like him? In just two days he stalked the senior, now he.. um.. doesn't refuse the idea of seeing Junsu differently? As in liking him?

With his messy mind still strangled with one thing to another, Changmin walks toward his classroom. There are only a few students arrive in school. His class is almost like an empty room. People bumps on him couple of times (or is it him that bumping onto people?). He almost trips down the stairs. He almost forgets to lock down his shoe locker. He even forgets to bring his library book that needs to be returned. All because a piece of love letter put inside his locker.

It’s not like it’s the first time Changnin gets one. But it’s the first time for the sender to be the one Changmin’s liking. (Ha, finally he admits it)

His seat is near the corridor’s window and he can see most students heading into the school's main hall. The second year student’s building is about 25 meters from Changmin’s classroom. Many of second year students choose the first year cross path as its closer to their classroom. Well, most of them take short cut anyway. If Junsu...

Changmin puts his attention into every senior he sees making their way to D building hoping for a particular someone appears before his own eyes.

Waiting and waiting, anticipating. By the nearing bell ring, more students come. More voices, more faces, more figures to scan. Hope and nervousness take turn pinching his nerve.The palpitating beats on his chest fills up Changmin's body with a very strange sensation he has never experienced before. Why does he want to see this upperclassman so much? It’s like he won’t ever see him again. Be more logic minded Shim Changmin. Get a grip! He tells himself yet he stays still in his spot.

“Shut up, hyuk!”

Changmin’s hearing sense perks up in a flash upon catching that one particular high pitch voice owner. He dares himself to look around in speed to find the one he’s been waiting all morning. That’s him! He’s walking over there The rather smaller boy strides over the first year-second year cross path. Sweats start to form in Changmin’s palm. Does he see Changmin? Does he walk there on purpose to check for Changmin's presence? They technically had ever met face to face with each other once but Changmin didn't really look at the senior at that time. So far Changmin only monitors the senior quietly and  watched him up at baseball practice. So, it's not a proper meeting. However, it takes no much effort for Changmin to finally really recognizeJunsu’s unique features from 20 meters away.

As the senior is getting further, Changmin’s heartbeats run uncontrolably. He’s sweating inside. His throat suddenly feels dry. His eyes are visibly following the other intently. He wants to jump out from his seat to look closer at his child-like senior (since when he becomes Changmin’s..?). He wants to greet the older, get a reply too from him, and on the top of the list, he wants to see one more smile that captivated him countless times yesterday. He wants it, so bad.

“You're just annoying monkey brat! Huh!”

Junsu pouts and Changmin can only gape onto notthing. He can’t move as once again looking at the rare affectionate action Junsu makes that he secretly comes to adore it. What the hell even happens to him? It’s just minutes after he notices the senior and he can’t do much about saying hi or anything. Hey! That person is the one confessing him. He doesn’t need to feel scared or anything. The one asked for his answer is Kim Junsu. So what are you scared for, Shim?

Once Changmin gets a grip of himself (revived from the pout’s after effect..) and looks around to find his older boy. None of his signal catches the presence of the other. Changmin sighs. He misses his morning chance for saying hello or giving sign that he welcomes Junsu's confession. The gremlin evil in his mind appears just to say something obvious that Changmin still slightly denies.

You are sooooo in love.

Thank you for not helping ar all. What? Sooo in love? This is merely spontaneus reaction. No big fuss.

The gremlin cackles. "Said someone who skipped breakfast, hit the school earlier than the schoolkeepers and wasted nearly half and hour staring at the cross path."

Changmin inwardly kicks the mocking gremlin in his head. 'I was just curious, okay?!'

The gremlin rolls his eyes. "As in the curiosity over difficult chemistry chart bar cross breed? The one that kept you awake because you want to solve it and impress your teacher?"

Changmin growls in irritation. "Get lost, you useless stupid fool! So what if I might like him? HE LIKES ME!!" 

+++

Meanwhile across the classroom, Changmin’s childhood friend feels the odd shiver witnessing the unusual view of their popular boy.

“Do we need to wake him up? Drag him down or what?” Minho scrunches his nose. “Look! He’s almost drooling!!! God! Math must have gotten under his hair."

Kyuhyun cringes. He doesn’t know this Changmin. He refuses acknowledging the weid-acting boy as his long time bestfriend. “You wake him up.” Minho is pushed.

“Yah! You notice him first! You wake him up!”

“Like hell do I want him firing me with glares all day..” Kyuhyun is traumatized the first time he made his childhood friend pissed off. He swore he won’t dare for another time.

“If not then who..” Minho stops ranting and continues commenting. “What? Now he’s smiling into thin air?! He’s insaneee Kyuuu!! Come on!! WAKE. HIM. UP!” As he pulls his own hair in desperation.

“NO! Hell no way!”

“If it ain't you, is there anyone else who knows about him that well? You know how sick he is! LOOK!” Minho points at the chuckling Changmin.

Inside, Kyuhyun wants so much to smack some sense into his weirdo friend. Come on, it looks way too ridiculous watching Changmin let out a creepy smile (in Kyuhyun’s point of view, it’s a horror to watch) and… Oh God, is he pouting?! POUTING?! That word never ever ever forever crossed in his childhood friend’s dictionary! He'll even consider twice or thrice to be called on the same name by Shim Changmin. It's just.. too far from reality.

But it happens this very morning.

 …….

Is the sun rising from the east today?

“Hurry Kyu!! He’s getting weirder..” Minho can’t take to look how unusual his friend is. He shoves Kyu forward and meets the eyes of their dragon. Still no comment or hi or hello from the said boy. Minho takes a peek from behind Kyuhyun, urging kyu to hurry up and says the problem.

“Umm.. Min. Hi.” Kyuhyun greets to capture a bit of Changmin’s attention. It's very rare occasion that Shim Changmin isn't the usual teacher's pet golden boy Shim Changmin Kyuhyun knows. It sounds so off to talk like this to Changmin but hey.. he wouldn't risk his morning good mood for Min's sudden questionable act.

Changmin looks at him but he doesn’t say a thing, only smiling. Kyu hardly ever seen that kind of smile. Is that a good or bad sign?

“What are you doing? All homework done.?” WOW.. is that what you can ask? Be normal!! Of course Shim Changmin has done all his homework!

“Great. I feel rather light today.”

Kyuhyun is relieved that Changmin replies to him quite decently as a good morning greeting. Most of the time when Changmin is not himself,  he won’t get a nice reply. And he knows better to stay away from the fire immediately. But maybe today, it ain’t that bad.

“Are… you okay? Fell hard from your bed or something?”

Changmin raises his eyebrow at his two close-bestfriends in confused eyes. “No. Why?”

“You…. Look rather different today..” Weird. He says on his mind.

“You look weird!” Minho blurts out. He is saying the truth. Changmin does look weird.

“I am fine Minho.” Changmin shrugs casually. "What's weird?"

Both Kyuhyun n Minho exchange look.

“Anyone can look by one glance that you are NOT alright okay.” Minho insists but now he’s not standing behind Kyu anymore. He senses no danger from Changmin.

“What did you see?” Changmin uses a really light tone that scares Minho even more.

“THIS! YOU are not our CHWANG! Where is he?!”

Changmin rolls his eyes and sits comfortably. Beside Minho who still ranting this and that, Changmin doesn’t realize there's another pair of eyes that still observing him. And when he notices, he asks in curiosity. What are they looking at..

“What is it Kyu..?”

His friend snaps and startled a bit. “Ah. Haha..” Kyu laughs awkwardly. “Nothing. Nothing.”

“Shoot it.”

Kyu still contemplating to spill it or not. He needs to play safe. “Nahh. That’s fine.”

“Say it! You make it more suspicious!”

“Ummm…” Is that okay of he says it? “Do you really want to know?”

“Yes..?”

“I mean…” He has to make sure. “Like really really REALLY want to know about it?”

“Spill it!”

“Okay.” Kyu takes a quite amount of air before starting. “You’re smiling into nothing, you’re frowning with no reasons, and even POUTING!” That’s it. He said it. Don’t blame me for your request dragon. You asked for it.

Kyu prepares for a sharp retort he usually gets. He can predict getting a pretty bad excuses from Changmin. Here it comes. Three. Two. One.

….

As ‘no sound’ is his answer, Kyuhyun braces himself to check on Changmin.

“No I’m not.” And Changmin looks somewhere else, trying not to be seen by his friends' eyes.

And Kyuhyun freeze to see for the first time in his sixteen year life, this friend from the same neighborhood of his just showing him a description of a ripe tomato.

Shim Chang Min is blushing and Cho Kyuhyun is eager to know what the cause of it.

---

As their lunch break is here, the trio go to the cafeteria for buying their meals. A quite large group of flirty girls  and boys buzzing around the not so interested Changmin. Kyuhyun can cross one of his predictions of the cause of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter