Shoot!!! [18/?]

Shoot!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Weekend should be the happy recharging time for the upcoming dreadful week-school-days, every student agrees. Except maybe for a few percent students whose love for school is treading odd like Shim Changmin. Friday is his last granted day of the week he could catch Junsu’s figure or at least knows he is in the same school area with the second year student. Too bad their school has different building block for every year. It would be much easier for Changmin to see Junsu’s back view, Junsu’s side profile or anything related to him if they share the same building but yeah.

Saturday used to be Changmin’s personal free of any school assignment day. He used to spend the free day on basketball field, practicing, but now that he’s advance student and an inactive basketball member, he just goes to school on Saturday for group assignment or extra class. He wasn’t fond of it but it means he loses his only free day to play or slack around the house doing nothing all day.

Sunday?  Errr, the Shims usually do family thing together, not much of personal time for Changmin. But lately, Changmin finds going to school for extra class on Saturday is good. He might see Junsu (sometimes better than seeing Junsu on week days), and…he doesn’t need to worry about a third year nagging cousin he had (Jaejoong goes on a date with his beloved boyfriend). Great.

But, today is not Saturday.

“You should have at least tended to him, Min.” Jaejoong scowls, “What kind of heartless ignorant you are for not even bringing yourself to see how he’s doing after what he did for you?”

“What he did..for me?” Changmin points on his own nose. “We went to cafeteria because he wouldn’t leave me alone! Is that my fault too?”

“Manners!” Jaejoong pinches Changmin’s sharp nose. “He’s sick because of you, bambi. He could die if Siwon didn’t quickly help him. He bought you the drinks and corn dog. He risked himself by taking the poisoned ice punch saving you and what did you do again? Nothing!” Jaejoong crosses his arms. “Did you come with him to school clinic? No. Did you stay with him in the clinic? No. Did you go see him afterward? No. Did you ask about how he’s doing at all? No.”

“I don’t have Jihoon hyung’s number.” Changmin defends himself. How can he’s the wrong one now? “However, would I know he’s not fine?”

“You could always ask.”

Actually Changmin doesn’t want to. He wants no string with Jihoon hyung at all.

“Is this how you behave to someone who put himself in danger for you?” Jaejoong corners the younger cousin. “I know who is behind the bad poisoning drink. You think we would let this slip quietly?”

“Hyung!” Changmin springs up from his seat. “Junsu has nothing to do with the ice punch incident. He exchanged his ice punch for me. I was standing next to him when we bought it. There’s no way he could do a thing with it. He really is not involved in the incident!!”

Jaejoong smirks in victory. “Did I mention Junsu?”

Changmin’s face falls. He, again, falls into Jaejoong’s trap.

-----

So, here he is. In Jung Jihoon’s luxurious guest reception room, wasting three hours of his precious Saturday visiting the senior student. Under Jaejoong’s threat that if Changmin doesn’t fix his bad attitude to Jihoon, Jaejoong would pay back Junsu’s little dirty ice punch trick to the second year student in a way Changmin will never imagine. Changmin’s long and logical explanation that Junsu isn’t at all at fault for the incident is thrown through the window by Jaejoong. The famous model senior student’s mind can’t be changed. Changmin can’t let Jaejoong punish Junsu by putting Junsu as the X student again so he agrees on Jaejoong’s condition. Spending weekend with Jung Jihoon.

Well, it’s not as bad as Changmin predicted. It’s still bad though. Jihoon is really kind and smart person. Changmin initially only plans to stay an hour using his homework as the excuse to go home but Jihoon aborts his plan by offering Changmin to discuss about the homework together. They spen more than five hours together.

Changmin knows Jihoon is in senior advance class which means he is cleverer than average senior students but still, Jihoon’s easy and light suggestions for the homework impresses Changmin. This senior does have a bright brain. He is also kind and very considerate. He provides a lot of food and snacks for their companion during the study too which Changmin is not able to say no.

“I used to play basketball too.” Jihoon says when Changmin is taking leave. “You don’t play it anymore?”

Changmin plans of keeping minimum string with Jihoon is never on doubt, it’s a solid decisions. He mustn’t reveal too much about himself. “Still playing it, sometimes.”

“I see.” Jihoon is beaming. “Have you ever been to The League Drome?”

What? The League Drome?? Changmin’s jaws drop. Only foremost national athletes do to that drome. The ticket is super pricey that you have to save strictly for a yearlong to be able to purchase one. As a festival spectator too.

Changmin shakes his head.

Jihoon grins. “I know someone working there. Do you want to take a look inside? It’s unusually not too crowded on Sunday.”

Is he kidding? Because if he’s not kidding, Changmin would hug the senior like right now. Changmin’s mouth has opened to say yes right away and the word is already on the tip of his tounge when he suddenly remembers he has not enough money to pass the entrance ticket.

“Y-No.” Changmin gulps. “It’s family day.” He reasons.

“Ahh.. too bad.” Jihoon’s beaming face goes flat. “Next time maybe.”

Changmin’s head is eager to nod in enthusiasm but he holds it in time. “Gotta go, hyung Must have dinner at home.”

“My driver could drive you home.”

“Errrr, no thanks. Mom will ask.” And Changmin doesn’t want Jihoon knows where his house is.

“I could call and explain to your parents.”

Changmin shaes his head. No thank you. Giving his number to Jihoon is one heavy weigh already that Changmin regrets as soon as he does it. That’s as fas as he goes.

“Okay then. See you at school on Monday?” Jihoon says, hopeful.

“See you hyung.”

-----

The school gate is packed as usual. Monday has started. Bell will ring in ten minutes. Changmin comes earlier to avoid Jaejoong and Jihoon. He doesn’t go straight to his class not wanting to bump into either of the mentioned previous names. He proceeds and takes a hiding spot between the connecting corridor of second year building and senior one.

His Sunday is filled with a lot of texts and five calls from Jihoon. He replies to the texts out of politeness. The calls are awkwards since Changmin merely utter yes, I guess so, No and okay. Changmin wants Jihoon to get the message that he isn’t welcomed. Saturday should be enough to redeem his inappropriate manner not giving enough attention for Jihoon. Sunday, well, it can’t be helped. But today, Changmin needs to see his precious yet hard to reach Kim Junsu.

Look there Changmin beams. Junsu and his baseball clique are laughing and pushing playfully. Changmin records the view with his open eyes and ear. Junsu’s laughter, Junsu’s playful push, Junsu’s expression when his baseball friends jokes about him. Changmin is happy his Monday starts well. Junsu might not have access to the grand most expensive sport drome. Junsu might not be as clever as Choi Siwon or Jung Jihoon. Junsu might just be another second year student in the school. But he’s Kim Junsu. He colors Chagmin’s weekdays like no other.

Changmin is too focused on his Junsu dose that he is late realizing the new rumor spreading around the school. New rumors usually kick out during weekend or right after weekend except for unexpected ones like the toilet pranks or the cafeteria one.

“You’re almost late.” Minho has a wide grin framing his face. “I have a very good news for you Min.”

Kyuhyun turns his head at their friends. “Where have you been? Jihoon sunbaenim was waiting for you here till the bell rings.”

Changmin retrieves his books. “Nowhere. Was looking for my workbook.”

Kyuhyun doesn’t easily believe him. “You are always preparing the books before you sleep. It’s Sunday yesterday.”

“I kind of slipped it off.” Changmin shrugs. “Chemistry page 70 to 75?”

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun stretches his note book cover. “Done?”

“In time.” Changmin opens his note book. “Minho, did you play air force game the whole weekend again?”

“You bet I did.” Minho grins even wider. “You won’t believe that I had so much fun battling against this one guy. He wasted his first class ammo for-

“Sssshhtt! Ms. Hwang! Ms. Hwang!” Kyuhyun warns his friedns.

Whatever Minho is about to say has to wait till the first break arrives. Kyuhyun sometimes glances at Changmin who is back on his usual good attentive student routine. Kyuhyun wants to ask confirming the swirling rumor but he isn’t sure how to begin. Minho seems too excited over something which is not very helping him opening a way for his question. When Minho is excited, his head mostly filled with it till another big thing hits him.

Like this sudden geo quiz.

“You all free to use the library.” Mr. Edgar informs. “I expect to read your individual analysis essay and your group essay before first break is over. Use your time well.”

Minho groans loudly. Geography analysis? He is good with geography but the handwritten analysis is just NO! They are in first year high school, mind you. Advance class doesn't mean upgraded quiz into uni standard, does it?

“Changmin, my team okay?” Kyuhyun quickly takes action.

“Okay.” Changmin agrees. “But I don’t want to go to library.”

“No problem. We could browse through my student pad.” Minho produces a square mini notebook-like pad from his school bag.

“Minho.” Kyuhyun grins “Didn’t you hear what Mr. Ed say? Individual paper and group paper, two students each group. Changmin is with me. You, my friend, go with someone else.”

Minho’s wide round eyes blink. “Not three people??”

“Nope.” Kyuhyun smirks “Come on, Min. group work first.”

“Hey!” Minho protests. “With whom do I team with? Changmin should be my team.”

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun side eyes the boy. “Next time.”

Minho turns to Changmin who is patiently watching his two friends’ banter. “You team with Kyukyu?” His wide eyes expand funnily.

“Kyu asked me first.” Changmin shrugs.

“Fine!” Minho can’t hide his sullen sulking look. “Who needs friend when you have better student pad, huh.” He grabs more books and stomps out of their class in pouted lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter