Shoot!!! [17/?]

Shoot!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We should do something. Junsu keeps glaring at me!!!!!

 

Kyuhyun casts a disbelief look at Minho. “What are you babbling about, eh? Kim Junsu sunbae likes our Min? How? You play too much air force game.” He rolls his eyes.

“I saw it!” Minho says. “You didn’t see because you weren’t looking at the entrance aisle.”

“Why would I look at the aisle?” Kyuhyun tsks. “Come on. We’d better go to our desk.”

“I saw it, Kyu.” Minho repeats. “I saw Kim Junsu and his two friends coming over to the second year corridor. He looked at us from there.”

"How are you sure it’s Kim Junsu? It’s far from here.” Kyuhyun smacks Minho’s shoulder. “Come on.”

Minho purses his lips. “But I’m sure it’s Kim Junsu.” he goes on. “He’s speaking to his friends but when he saw Changmin and Jihoon sunbaenim standing here, he stared and suddenly walked faster leaving his friends.”

Kyuhyun doesn’t take it seriously. “You’re maybe just imagining things. How on earth Kim Junsu comes to like our Changmin? He doesn’t even bother to apologize after beating Changmin.”

“You didn’t see how he looked at Changmin and Jihoon sunbaenim.”

“So? Even if I saw it like you think you did, it might be something else. Changmin and Jihoon sunbaenim aren’t the only students standing there, are they?”

“Remember when we went to see Changmin’s basketball practice on last February?” Minho is now the one giving Kyuhyun a look.

"Yeah? Why?”

“We were sitting closely next to Jungsoo hyung, right? on the audience bench?”

“Yeah..Yeah.. So?”

“I told you Siwon sunbaenim was glaring at our direction, remember?”

"Yeah. Whate..” Kyuhyun stops. His cheeks suddenly feel warmer. “Uh uh?”

"You said perhaps because we sat too comfortably next to our senior so we moved aside to give space between Jung soo hyung and us but Siwon sunbaenim still glared at us.”

Kyuhyun clears his throat. Why does Minho have to remind him that one awkward time? “I guess..”

“Even Changmin said the glare was scary. Like siwon sunbaenim was about to punch our lungs out of our body.”

Kyuhyun’s cheeks’ temperature is rising up. “well..

‘Kim Junsu glared the same way like siwon sunbaenim did.”

Oh really? Junsu did?

“Are you sure it’s not your defected sight too tired from gaming all night?” Kyuhyun has to make sure Minho isn’t babbling nonsense.

“My eyes are trained super laser long distance sight. Gaming has conditioned my eyes to see things fast or I lose my level.”

“Kim Junsu looked at Changmin and Jihoon sunbaenim like siwon sunbaenim did to me?”

Minho nods proudly. “Eh wait. Did you just say he glared at you?”

"Nevermind.” Kyuhyun fasten his steps. “Why did he glare at Changmin anyway?”

“Jealous?” Minho suggests. “He doesn’t like seeing Changmin and Jihoon sunbae together?”

"I think it’s because he doesn’t like Changmin. He’s been ignoring and posing bad cold shoulder at Changmin, right?”

“I  don’t think Siwon sunbae dislikes us.” Minho sneers. “He’s very friendly to us. Especially to you, right?

“why bringing siwon sunbae in it?” Kyuhyun blushes unconsciously.

"Because Junsu had the identical cold bad look like siwon sunbae did before.” Minho wants to slap Kyuhyun. “It’s similar. Siwon sunbae likes you. Junsu likes Changmin.”

"Stop assuming nonsense.” Kyuhyun palms his cheeks. “Junsu could have looked at the other person. Don’t encourage false hope to Changmin.”

“I’ll tell Changmin.” Minho is annoyed now. “It might boost up his sour face and mood.”

"Wait. Don’t tell him!”

“you prefer seeing Changmin’s grim look all day long?”

“Telling him a vague thing would dampen his already bad mood.” Kyuhyun reasons. “Jihoon sunbae has made his morning. Are you sure your raw assumption that Junsu is jealous at Changmin won’t make him sulking worse?”

Minho scratches his hair. “I’m sure I saw it.”

"Yeah. You need to see it again at least three times more to proof your assumption. Come on. we have to submit homework”

Minho somewhat agrees with Kyuhyun’s logic. Telling Changmin might not be the best option right now. Judging Changmin disheartened look, saying anything would not get into his sense. It might fire back at them, Changmin closest friends. Changmin only thinks of  bad omen on everything around him. Right now, the only thing Changmin etches in his mind fully is that Kim Junsu hates him very much, and Jihoon sunbaenim just does nothing to lessen his discomfort. In fact, Jihoon sunbae adds more weigh on his shoulder.

“But for sure, don’t say anything to Jaejoong hyung.” Kyuhyun whispers.

 Minho knows it well too. Jaejoong hyung only has his eyes on Jung Jihoon sunbaenim.

-----

“Did he eat expired food or what? Why does he suddenly transform into scary zombie? I don’t want to sit near him. Can we swap classes, Sungmin?” Eunhyuk screeches. He doesn’t want to bear the side effect of a suspicious grim look of an avian mixed breed. Anywhere is fine as long no Junsu around.

“You know him best how to keep him tamed. Just be careful.” Judging from the sudden rage from this morning, Sungmin is definitely positive of Junsu’s reaction over Shim Changmin and the third year student named Jung Jihoon. Sungmin does a brief check over the senior profile. Apparently he has good grades and reputation, there is no doubt Kim Jaejoong will preferably chooses Jung Jihoon for Changmin over the badly tempered Kim Junsu.

“I want to leave school alive! His look is killing!”

“He won’t kill you. You are the mighty charming Lee Eunhyuk, aren’t you?.”

That’s true, but…. “Can’t you move here with me…” Eunhyuk is scared of Junsu’s possible cruel brain. He didn’t mean to upset Junsu when he jokingly pointing at Changmin and the tall senior student’s direction. He promises not to troll his best friend again.

“You know how impossible that sounds Lee Eunhyuk. Should Ms Hwang smacks you? Burn you?”

“Maybe that’s far better than trapped a long day with Junsu.”

They speak to each other in whisper level. Junsu already takes his seat and Eunhyuk doesn’t want to sit next to Kim Angry Junsu. His duckie friend is turned into a devilish monster giving him cold shoulders.

“Don’t say anything. Just act like you usually do with him. Jokes and stuff. You know better than me.”

Eunhyuk shakes his head furiously. “You think I can open my mouth after that glare hit me?!”

Sungmin agrees. They can’t do that either. “Then what?! He’s struggling by himself looking and checking that first year, even if he doesn’t realize that now. He stared at him too much. When someone hitting on Shim Changmin, he gets that angry and all. What can’t do much but to make him understand that he LIKES that junior! Should we tell him on his face then?! Wanna die faster?”

“W-wait? He really likes Shim Changmin? Really?”

What the… “You don’t know after all this act he pulled around us? Really?! Come on!! You are not that slow, Lee Eunhyuk!”

“I know he’s kinda annoyed, but I thought it’s because Shim Changmin’s great famous cousin! I thought he’s mad at jaejoong sunbae and his cliques.”

Very well. Sungmin meets with another slow head. “Anyway. He likes Shim Changmin, hyukkie. He just doesn’t want to admit that. His pride is way too thick.”

“Then what? Should we help him? In this kind of situation?”

Sungmin sighs. “We should actually. But.. I can’t think of any idea at how..”

Eunhyuk also nods. Junsu is way too scary. Let’s see… “Or we should revenge Junsu’s dislike on that third year..” he winks on Sungmin meaningfully. “I can’t believe how unlucky that Changmin boy to be liked by an avian creature. Poor boy has to be tangled with a moody crazy baseball wacko.”

Sungmin laughs.

-----

Since the first class starts, Changmin can’t concentrate very much. He thinks at how to decline the invitation from the third year student. Let him do something better, like checking Junsu. Even though Changmin knows very well that’s it’s just a wasteful thing to do, but he can’t help it.

Runaway to library? Jaejoong hyung will definitely catch him easily. That’s his territory.

Hiding somewhere? Toilet? Err, might be not a good idea.

Teachers calling him? That might work. Jihoon hyung can’t possibly say no to him right? Yeah. Let’s choose that.

The first break that Changmin hopes never comes finally arrives. As soon as the bell rings, Changmin braces himself to appear very confident. He will fool his upperclassman. There he is.

“Changmin!” Jihoon hyung waves his hand at him.

“Can’t help anything, Min. Sorry.” Kyuhyun pats his shoulder. Minho is already nowhere to be seen.

“No problem Kyu. My problems.” Changmin takes a deep breath before walking to the senior. The curious eyes of people are surrounding them, but Changmin can care less. It’s up to them what they want to believe and see. Changmin doesn’t care.

“Umm, hyung. I…think I can’t go with you.” Changmin starts.

“Why why? Something happen?”

“Well, you see… Mr David asked me to do some favor to him. He said I am to see himat first break.”

“Oh, you’re seeing Mr David? I can go with you if you want. I kinda know him since my first year.”

What?! Jihoon hyung knows Mr David? “Eh? Oh, no. I mean. Ms Hwang. Yeah. She’s the one who asked me.”

“Ms Hwang Mi Yeon?”

“Ehm.” Changmin nods convincingly.

“I’m fine too. I need to greet her for helping me with my latest university application essay. We can see her together.” Jihoon smiles again.

Goshh, can’t Jihoon hyung not know anybody from the teachers’ circle? How can he manage to slip away then? Whoever Changmin is meeting, there will be this older student around.

“You want to see her now? What’s the favor?” Jihoon looks around, wishes he could carry the things Changmin wants to submit.

Failed. It’s such a big failure. He doesn’t want to get caught lying right? “Later hyung. I can meet her some other time.”

“Eh?” Jihoon looks at his crush in confusion. “Are you sure? You said-

“Yeah, sure. Should we go now?”

Jihoon smiles to Changmin’s invitation. At last, no one else besides them. “If you said so. Wanna try the new ice punch?”

-----

Junsu loses from Eunhyuk and Sungmin that makes him the X one to buy drinks for the other two. They decide on the colorful ice punch that just been released yesterday. Today seems to be fewer people hogging the canteen. Junsu doesn’t know why, but it is helpful. The two queuing lines to order the drinks are empty. He easily places himself on the front line.

“Ahjumma! Three ice punch, please!”

“You should wait for fifteen minutes!”

Ugghh, that’s too long. Junsu looks left and right, no other inviting choice other than a cold ice punch for this hot day. “I will wait then.”

The ahjumma leaves to make the ordered drinks.

Junsu’s right side line is empty. Of course people can easily order too. They can say what their order is and the canteen ahjumma will serve it. It’s just Junsu doesn’t take his full awareness that it can be someone he knows. It can be someone he hates the most too. It can be someone that playing his emotion easily. It can be someone that flirting to other student too.

“Ahjumma! We want two ice punch please!”

If the shadow of the tall boy beside him isn’t not distracting, Junsu will not look to the right that fast. Yes. It is Shim Changmin and the same third year student he noticed lingering around the junior. Junsu turns speechless absent of any words for a moment. And the brown orbs that looking at Junsu confusedly also might tell him the same. They are closely standing side by side together. There is this red line dividing the order queue separating them. Only that. The junior immediately ducks his head down.

“Changmin, you want something else to drink? You need to wait fifteen minutes for ice punch. We can look for something else. Milk shakes sounds great.” Jihoon suggests nicely.

Junsu looks somewhere else. He feels this urge to break down something but he holds it back. No making more scenes, Kim Junsu. Two weeks cleaning toilets is more than enough detention to last for a life time. He absolutely doesn’t want to experience another cleaning up punishment. Mama is happy Junsu does laundry, making his own bed, keeping his bedroom clean, washing dishes and ironing but that’s all about it.Tthat’s his limit tolerating cleaning duty and because it’s mama. He would never be willing to clean anything else for his entire high school life ever again.

“I want this. I can wait.”

Junsu hears that. And that means, Shim Changmin is here, waiting with him.

“Okay. I will wait with you too then.” The third year adds.

Why does he have to stay here too? Can he go somewhere far? Junsu snorts to himself, annoyed for no reason.

“Err, hyung.” Shim Changmin starts to talk. Junsu swears he does not have any slightest bit intention to eavesdropping. It’s just because Changmin speaks to the senior student beside him. Junsu can’t help it but hearing it too. “Can you buy me a corn dog?

“Oh, you want that?” Jihoon smiles happily. That’s the first request the younger has given him to. “I will get that, okay. You wait here. I will come back.” He promises.

And in a flash, there is only Junsu and Shim Changmin on the line.

They stand awkwardly. Junsu leans onto the counter, hands secretly playing taps on the shiny surface. He rests his chin on his right palm. Junsu doesn’t dare himself to look to his right. Fifteen minutes are surely a very long time. Junsu focuses on things around him, anything but  his right side. No matter what people said that Shim Changmin likes him or what, Changmin still going out with that annoying third year. He’s still accepting people’s gifst to him. And that’s what you say about Shim Changmin likes Junsu? Ha! There is clearly no way.

“You….”

Junsu hears Changmin’s voice

“You going back to baseball team?” The voice pauses for a while. “Congratulation. Hope you doing great on the upcoming matches.”

Yeah right, you snobby show off. You begged coach Woo to reinstate me into the team, didn’t you? What? You want me to thank you? Dream on. Nobody aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter