Fin. [21/21]

Shoot!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shoot FIN.

 

Friday is the last school day in the week for most students. They welcome this day in delight can’t hardly wait the day to end anticipating for Saturday. Eunhyuk meets Sungmin near the connecting corridor of first year building and second year building. He scans every passing walking student impatiently looking for specific avian breed creature who should be here anytime now. He has strictly and severely told Junsu to come to school early this morning no matter what. He has to fulfill his promise to that first year advance class student.

         “I heard from Junki they went home after five.” Sungmin also scans around for detecting their duck friend’s shadow. “Tough selection. Perhaps he’s overslept.”

         “Junsu overslept?” Eunhyuk scoffs. “You clearly haven’t met his mama.”

         “I haven’t.” Sungmin admits. “He’s probably sick?”

         “I’ll call his home.” Eunhyuk fishes for his phone. “He could be pulling sick stunt thought I doubt he could fool his mama.” Eunhyuk needs Junsu to come to school as soon as the fastest avian species could fly. Do they fly fast?

         “Erm.. hyuk.” Sungmin pats Eunhyuk’s shoulder. “Gotta go to class. See you at second break? I’ve got extra lab practice.”

Eunhyuk nods, he’s dialing the Kims’ residence. Knowing how ignorant Junsu is, he might not notice the note Eunhyuk left on his desk yesterday, let alone read it. Junsu’s phone was inactive due to the selection. He replied Eunhyuk’s text forty something minutes after nine pm saying he’s worn out and too sleepy to play any game. When Eunhyuk tried to call the duck afterward, it’s Junsu’s hyung answering the phone informing him the duck had slept right after showering not even having his dinner yet. Come on, duck. It’s not your first time getting into team selection. Don’t act like you’re joining world baseball league or something because Eunhyuk must be the crowned king of Hawai or Waikiki before it happens.

         “Hello, Mrs. Kim? Good morning. Has Junsu left for school?”

The answering voice isn’t a woman. “Junsu? Oh. He’s just left fifteen minutes ago. Mama pulled his legs down from bed by force to wake him up.”

Eunhyuk could easily picture the scene out. He chuckles. “Hyung, he’s not sick, is he?”

         “He pretended to.” The older brother says. “I nearly bought his fake feverish act but mama kicked his to bathroom.”

Eunhyuk’s grin is as wide as three tall glass of ice punch combined. “He’ll be late. The bell will ring in five minutes.”

         “Papa drives him to school. He’ll be there.”

Wow. Second year of senior high school and still dropped to school by the father. the duck is spoiled rotten.

         “Thanks, hyung. I’ll wait for him by the school gate.”

         “Mama says hi.”

Eunhyuk runs forward to the school gate right in time as he sees Junsu climbs out of a common family car. Junsu lazily rubs his eyes. He looks like he is dressed in school uniform by force; it’s beyond Junsu’s standard of neat. His hair is randomly groomed. His eyes are rather puffy, the proof of his lack of needed sleep. He looks like he would trip anytime what with that dragged footstep and all.

         “Yo! Duck!!” Eunhyuk grabs Junsu’s arm pulling it tight to follow him.

         “Wooeeii! My aarrmm!” Junsu yanks Eunhyuk’s pulling grip off. “Are you trying to de-arm me?”

Eunhyuk rolls his eyes impatiently. “Hurry. The bell is ringing in a minute.”

Junsu lets himself being dragged by his best friend to class. They have to stop by their locker first before heading to class which distracts Eunhyuk from his initial plan to lead the avian boy toward first year building. The minute is ticking; most students are already in classes waiting for their teacher or simply linger close to their respective classrooms using the short available time to chat before the class starts.

         “Do something with your hair.” Eunhyuk says as he opens his locker to get the needed material for today. “Who combed it? Mama? Are you in kindergarten or playgroup?”

Junsu ignores the remark. He yawns wide as he swings his locker door. His puffy eyelids have to increase their sight range due to the hanging sleepiness from too much things happened yesterday. He reaches inside the locker picking up two textbooks when a folded paper falls down to his feet.

Junsu blinks, mouth already half open to let another yawn out but stops midway. His brain recognizes the paper; it’s one of his note book pages. He bends down as his fingers catch the fallen folded paper. He casually opens it, brain still struggling to adjust with the school pace but then it freezes completely.

The paper has two sentences written on it. The first one is his own messy poor handwriting. Why do you make me like you? The next line is written below. Because you make me like you very very very much first.

The sleepiness is gone away to Timbuktu in a zap. Junsu’s puffy eyes widen round rereading the two sentences written in pair. He doesn’t hear Eunhyuk’s noisy screech telling him to hurry up the bell has just rung. He is stunned, comprehension sinks in merrily and a wide toothy grin emerges from his lips.

         “Don’t sleep here, duck!” Eunhyuk kicks Junsu’s leg hard. “Come on! We must run to class!!”

Junsu hardly remembers how they manage to reach their classroom in time. How he sits on his desk, smile is set on his face like some visual example of disconnected case. Eunhyuk keeps rambling about going to first year building on their first break behind their teacher’s back. He nags Junsu on and on about plastic wrap he left at Junsu’s desk and a note Junsu should have found and read before Junsu went home. Junsu tunes out the endless low inhuman/monkey frequency whisper tone attacking his ear as his mind is largely occupied with the last sentence written on the poorly crumpled folded paper. Changmin sent the paper back to him? When? This morning? How did Changmin know it’s from Junsu? Junsu didn’t leave any hint that he’s the sender. He used anon because he just needed to let the clawing realization out of his chest. He didn’t expect any answer from Changmin. Especially not this fast. Did Changmin send back the paper as soon as he found and read it? Did Changmin get into trouble for doing it? Did Changmin mean what he wrote? Does Changmin really like him, Kim Junsu? The one who beat and humiliated him in public? Does it mean.. really? Changmin really likes him? but.. how about that senior handsome student? How about Changmin’s cousin the famous model senior student Kim Jaejoong? How about Changmin’s friends? Changmin’s classmates? Won’t Changmin be bullied and cornered once they find out that Kim Junsu actually eats his own words and now liking Shim Changmin?

But Junsu is happy. So happy that he keeps smiling during the boring class. Still smiling when the teacher says not so nice things about his lack of decency today. Still smiling when he gives wrong answers to the teacher’s on purpose trapping questions. Still smiling when he is told to submit five pages long of thorough description on regeneration cycle of certain plant by tomorrow plus the handmade drawing of every part of the said plant.  He still even smiles when the teacher tells him to stand in front of the class till next teacher comes.

Eunhyuk facepalms a lot. What has gotten into his duck friend? Is Junsu possessed by stupid smiley spirit somewhere between their locker section and classroom?

Lucky for the weirdly smiling avian boy, an interruption saves him from standing longer. Two senior students who happen to be baseball members notify the teacher that a Kim Junsu is requested in the vice headmaster chamber soon. They hand an officially stamped vice headmaster note to the teacher too.

         “Now?” the teacher frowns. “Can’t it wait till break?”

         “We suppose so, sir.” One of them replies aware of Junsu’s bright eyes behind the teacher’s back. He suppresses a nearly escaping chuckle seeing Junsu standing by himself at the far left side of the white board. Punished? Why it’s not surprising at all? “Excuse us, Sir. We should notify other students too.” He bows followed by his friend.

The teacher returns his glare to a shamelessly grinning Junsu. “You are requested to see Mr. Julius.”

Junsu’s beady puffy eyes make funny innocent round out shape. “Now?”

         “Yes. Now. Essay on my desk by tomorrow.” He dismisses Junsu.

         “Um.. Sir, may I tag monkey Hyuk.. err.. I mean Lee Eunhyuk with me?”

Eunhyuk nearly falls from his chair. Junsu says what?

         “Get him.” the teacher is very well aware of these two walking troubles. “I don’t know what you had done to be called to Mr. Julius’s chamber. Lee Eunhyuk is involved too?”

Eunhyuk yells denying the baseless assumption. “I did nothing, Sir!” but Junsu has clawed his elbow and dragged the clueless protesting monkey out of the class.

         “I have nothing to do with your mess, duck!!” Eunhyuk tags along in fast pace dragged by the half sprinting duck. “Slow down, will you? Eh? Where are you going? Vice headmaster chamber is there!”

Junsu tugs the monkey boy on to different direction from Mr. Julius’ chamber. He goes to side building next to senior year location rooming several labs and school clubs’ section. Many senior students are wandering around the section accomplishing tasks or group work. Junsu and the firmly tugged Eunhyuk walk past them fast earning looks from the senior students.

Junsu doesn’t bother greeting the sunbaes. He keeps going to the wanted destination. He ignores Eunhyuk’s high screech asking him to at least use a bit manner in a land owned by the seniors. He stops his feet inside music club room slash broadcasting club housing school radio as well as school announcer spot. Two female senior students and two senior male students are in the broadcast corner setting and tuning in equipment. They are only allowed to broadcast school radio during second break and most of the time, it’s dominated by the senior year. Hardly any junior students given access to it.

The senior students give Junsu and a fidgeting Eunhyuk a firm questioning look. What are these junior doing here during lessons?

         “I’m sorry.” Junsu doesn’t bow. “Mr. Julius tells us to check on the broadcasting set. Is it on?”

One of the senior female students blatantly glares at Junsu for being so impolite. “Yes, it is.”

         “Let me see.” Junsu moves forward to the female side. He stands next to her closely not minding any needed space of senior junior. “The sound is on?”

         “You can’t test the sound now.” the female student has very cold tone. “Classes are having lessons.”

Junsu openly ignores the senior’s scolding. He scans the displayed operational buttons quickly then presses two buttons on the board and turns on the volume up. “Check.. check..!”

         “Yah! What are you doing?!?!”

         “Hello? Good morning all students of our beloved Orion high school.” Junsu speaks in loud clear voice. “Please kindly take note that from this moment onward, Friday, May 27th 2016, Shim Changmin of advance first year student isn’t available for any excuses you may have in mind. I repeat, Shim Changmin of advance first year student is not available for any stupid excuse you have in mind. Don’t lay eyes or hand or sweet words or gifts to him anymore or you’ll meet consequences. Understood? Yes you do, people.” He smirks into the mic.

Everyone in the room has their mouth gape open and eyes widen round in shock.

         “Ah. Almost forgot.” Junsu’s tone is laughing. “This is Kim Junsu speaking. Kim Junsu, Second year. 2-D. Have a nice day everyone.” He ends his announcement cheerfully. Turning around innocently, he grins at a shocked and stunned Eunhyuk. “Let’s go. Mr. Julius’ chamber, isn’t it?”

--

         “What the hell is that?” Jaejoong slams a thick textbook onto his desk angrily. “What did I just hear?!”

Yunho quickly holds his boyfriend down. They are in the middle of history quiz and the teacher is looking at them menacingly for making sudden noise.

 

         “He said whaaatt?” Minho can’t hide the shock. So does the rest of his classmates who, by now, are all looking at a blinking clueless Changmin.

         “He really said that?” Kyuhyun forgets they are in class and the lesson hasn’t ended yet. “Min, Junsu sunbae just announced that you are not..” He pauses realizing that their teacher is standing by his desk.

Changmin is still putting on blank clueless look. Did he hear it? Of course he did. It’s impossible not to hear to the breaking broadcast amidst the silence of ongoing lessons. The whole school must have heard it as well. His brain lags for a moment processing the announcement. Kim Junsu warns the whole school not to make moves to him? Junsu announces that Changmin is his? Junsu did it? Junsu DID it?

Changmin’s cheeks blush warmly as he lowers his head, smiling so wide happily. God, this is.. too much happiness. Too much feels burst inside him. Junsu likes him back. Junsu actually likes him back for real and he doesn’t only return Changmin’s feeling for him but also announces it daringly to the whole school that Changmin is his.

Changmin never knows that he could be this utterly happy.

--

The school breaks into exploding frenzy at first break. Jaejoong rushes to his cousin’s class only to find that Changmin has disappeared. Kyuhyun and Minho has no idea where the tall boy goes to. The senior model student then storms in 2-D classroom and again, he is two steps left behind because the subject wanted named Kim Junsu isn’t there. Junsu is summoned to headmaster chamber. Detention for misusing school’s facility, disturbing teaching and learning process, and for causing unnecessary ruckus. They call the Kims parent too indicating how serious the detention is.

         “Tell your friend to fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter