Cooking. [19/?]

Shoot!!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tuesday and Wednesday aren’t any better.

Since it’s nearing exam weeks and extra exams for advanced class as well as following final year’s national exam, they get more unannounced quiz. Some classes like 2-D one receive more homework as well. It is said to cater for their below to average scores which Eunhyuk couldn’t do much but bellying them up as usual.

Junsu, a bit to Eunhyuk’s given additional room for surprise, does better than their previous semester. The toilet prank has its plus advantages on the mammal duck breed even though Eunhyuk isn’t positive it’s all advantageous. Especially for him. Teachers who have been very familiar with their close friendship separate their seats during quiz. Junsu is pulled to the desk right before the teacher’s nose while Eunhyuk wins the privilege keeping his beloved back row spot for himself. Ms. Hwang and some teachers are still curious how Junsu could score much better than usual and they do not want to be fooled by any cheating trick.

Junsu is fine with it. He nonchalantly carries his bag and takes a seat on the appointed special desk by the teachers while Eunhyuk is silently howling in disappointment. It’s an open secret that both of them always share answers during quizzes and exams. Not thorough answers, just the difficult ones. They’ve been sharing homework and answers their whole junior and senior high days so far. Being separated during exams never deters them from helping each other but now with Junsu under teachers’ special watch, Eunhyuk is the most at bad lost from the arrangement.

Fortunately, it’s only a quiz a day so Junsu could reunite with his desk in the back row with Eunhyuk afterward.

      “I can do nothing if you land your in the most wanted bottom lowest spot this semester.” Eunhyuk flatly eyes the duck. “You should cut down gaming late, duck. Your mom will find out soon about it.”

      “I play after I do homework, monkey.” Junsu casually spreads one of his legs over his desk. “Worry your own flat .”

      “My flat is much better than your duck feet wannabe.” Eunhyuk snickers. “Why the sudden drive to burn your game console, duck? You even killed my air jet last night. PMS?”

Because Junsu is filled with searing fire everytime he remembers about certain ID that keeps annoying and pestering him for a duel. Junsu crushes the ID on all their matches. That newbie show off ID has no chance to even launch a rotating shoot. Killed.

      “None is eyeing your current level, avian boy. Take it easy.” Eunhyuk scrunches his nose. “Two rounds tonight. If I win, give me your new password.”

Junsu quickly takes his leg down right before their classroom door opens revealing a firm look of Ms. Eugene. It’s extra credit class. Students are set to attend their chosen extra one for a hundred minutes before the bell rings for second break.

      “I’m sorry to inform that Music room is in use for senior year’s art pre-emptive quiz. So are painting, handcraft, and sewing rooms. You have cooking room for today.”

The majority of students cheer up at the information, the minority groan in distaste. Junsu and Eunhyuk groan the loudest. They can’t cook. They always pick painting class for their extra credit class despite their minimum contribution and lack of anything in the said class. They play around with the papers, ink, brush and the other, not actually listen or do the given instructions.

      “Everyone, group yourself in four and pick one dish from the list I’m going to write on the white board. You have fifteen minutes to submit your pick and get the needed ingredients for the dish. I’ll be waiting in cooking room on the fourth floor.” Ms. Eugene explains. “Remember, fifteen minutes or you’ll get no ingredients.” She starts writing on the white board while the students break into buzzing noise selecting team for the task.

None is willing to be in one group with Kim Junsu and Lee Eunhyuk, as expected. They know the two only spell trouble in cooking class. Better save themselves from the very predicted mess the two are guaranteed going to pull.

Ms. Eugene has this satisfied half-pressed smirk when she sees the formed group. Kim Junsu and Lee Eunhyuk are left as the only group with two members. Good.

      “Your ingredient forms.” She hands out empty papers to students. “Meet me in cooking room in fifteen minutes.” She casts a sweet smile before leaving the class in victorious grin.

      “Can you cook human food?” Eunhyuk looks helplessly at the form.

      “Err.. fried egg?” Junsu suggests, more clueless than Eunhyuk. “We only need eggs and oil, right?”

Eunhyuk deadpans.

--

Changmin has half hardened look since Monday. He studies quietly and diligently taking notes on the lessons in the class. He obeys the teachers’ instruction. His quiz scores are good as usual, thank god. He still avoid meeting bunches of his fans outside class even though he couldn’t refuse their gifts. He keeps saying No to Jihoon and Jaejoong’s semi forced invitation to hang with them at break. Minho and Kyuhyun stand by his side giving not enough reason for Jaejoong to drag his bambi cousin out of his shell. But they tried their best, at least convincing Jaejoong hyung when Changmin had his spirit back, they will ask him to go and meet him asap. Well, it won’t happen in a mean time though.

Jihoon is persistently taking time seeing or accompanying Changmin at least once a day during break. He says hello and talks a bit then leaves the boy with his friends knowing Changmin’s undeterred mood clearly asking to be left alone. He still texts a lot but calls less. He doesn’t bother to coat his open effort trying to get close to Changmin that more students take it as a couple confirmation. It barely three days from the rumored weekend where Jihoon and Changmin spent together and the League drome one but seeing how Jihoon always seen lingering around advance first class, it’s as much as giving them solid yes.

Three days where Changmin is totally ignored like wallflower by Kim Junsu.

Changmin thought perhaps it’s because of the ice punch, then he learns about the spending weekend together rumor from none other than the famous senior model student’s mouth himself. Instead of getting angry, Changmin goes quiet and lowers his head now realizing why Kim Junsu doesn’t even want to look at him. Junsu must have heard about the rumor. Thus, he ignores Changmin and acts like Changmin is invisible.

It must mean something, right? Changmin keeps telling himself that Junsu might simply believe the rumor and doesn’t want to associate himself with Changmin anymore. Changmin could accept it because it’s true that he spent Saturday afternoon and evening with Jihoon sunbae. It’s true that Jihoon offered Changmin to go to the League drome with him.

Changmin wants to explain the rumor to Junsu in person but again, how would he explain it if Junsu never bothers to even look at him? Looking at Changmin? Junsu even acts like Changmin doesn’t exist. Why would he look at non-exist junior student when he has so many eyes following his every move?

Ever since the weekend rumor spread, more expectant and hopeful eyes are looking at Junsu, bidding their chance to get a bit closer to the baseball player. To Changmin’s delight, Junsu is too busy with his friends and oblivious to the growing interest directed at him. Junsu might perceive or treat Changmin as wallpaper or wallflower but Changmin never ceases his heart urge to see the second year student, open or not (mostly not)

Now the question is, how long does Changmin hold it in himself? He plans to meet Junsu in person and explains/clears the weekend rumor to him. Changmin has no obligation to do so, he just wants to. He feels he needs to explain himself to Junsu. Being hated by Junsu is better than being ignored. At least Junsu acknowledges Changmin even though it’s a dislike. No matter what the result is, Changmin decides to speak out his discomfort is way better than staying in dark of Junsu’s cold shoulder.

      “I’ll see Ms. Hwang first.” Changmin arranges the books on his desk. It’s his turn to submit the students’ workbooks to the feared killer teacher. “You guys go ahead.”

      “You going to canteen?” Minho asks Kyuhyun who has stood and ready exiting their classroom.

      “I’m thirsty.” Kyuhyun says. “Come on, the ice punch queue would get longer if we don’t get there in ten minutes.”

      “I need to check my Logbook account.” Minho replies. “I’ll join you later.”

      “You are going to computer lab again?” Kyuhyun raises his eyebrow. “You went there too yesterday.”

      “Yeah.” Minho shrugs. “Min, give me half of the books.” He moves some books from Changmin’s two hands trying to balance the piling books. “You said the queue is long, Kyu?”

Kyuhyun is contemplating to cancel his ice punch appointment with Siwon to help Changmin submitting the books to Ms. Hwang.

      “Hurry.” Minho sneers. “Buy one for me too. Use your money first.”

--

Cursing silently at their pitiful turn-out, Junsu half-heartedly wipes the counter clean ignoring the continuous burst of laughter directed at him and Eunhyuk. They are so not into cut out for kitchen activity. Ms. Eugene’s sharp tongue saying ‘are you going to eat and drink everything raw if one day you are dropped alone in deserted land full of jungle? You can’t even boil water!! What a waste of useless life!

It stings not because they are the laughing stock during cooking class. It stings because it has potential to be true, though it’s unlikely to happen. Why would Junsu go to a deserted island alone? Eunhyuk must go with him together!

Also, it stings because Junsu isn’t an easily obedient defeated student. He could be very competitive when he puts his mind into it. In the avian creature half breed defense, cooking never interests him. Now that everyone is laughing at him merrily as they clean up the awfully messy counter, Junsu swears he would never team up with Eunhyuk in kitchen business ever again.

      “Look at the bright side.” Eunhyuk shamelessly tries to cheer up their deflated fate. “We aren’t allowed to enter cooking room till we graduate.”

Yeah. They are technically banned from cooking room from now on.

      “Laugh on.” Eunhyuk sticks up his chin tainted with black carbon-ash facing the jeering mocking classmates. “You guys are having so much fun today.” He stops rubbing the dirty counter. “Just so you know, this duck wouldn’t stay back taking all your-

      “Shut up!” Junsu kicks his monkey friend’s thigh. “Just clean!”

The laughter multiplies. Even Ms. Eugene gives up her angry look at the two punished boys. Junsu and Eunhyuk are taking better show of two life size dummies in biology lab. White aprons and their uniform have somewhat turned into thick second skin for their badly figures smeared in black sticky soot.

      “No leaving room till everything you burned is as shiny as new!” The teacher barks. “No excuse for attending next class late. I don’t care how long it takes to clean your mess. You are not to leave this room till everything settled. If you are late coming back to class, your risk.”

 

Finished with the counter and half of the cooking room floor, the two clowns of the day must wash the aprons and their uniform jackets which is a bad idea because they just bleach the white apron and their jacket uniform into darker and thicker sticky soot. They have to bring it home (mama will lecture him for sure)

      “I’m hungry.” Eunhyuk holds his stomach. Rubbing, scrubbing, mopping and wiping are tiresome. Especially under the ongoing mocking laughter from their classmates. “Can’t we just grab something from canteen? I feel like passing out.”

      “Break ends in seven minutes.” Junsu checks his watch. “Let’s just go back to class first. We could eat later.”

      “Eat later? No more break after this, duck. Your head needs rubbing too?” Eunhyuk is badly irritated. “However will we eat later? Eat books?”

      “You are good acting sick.” Junsu sneers unbothered by Eunhyuk’s sour mood due to lacking of energy boost. “Why don’t we use it for good excuse once?”

      “Excuse me?” Eunhyuk quickly reads Junsu’s escape plan. “You ask me to fake sick?”

      “You want to eat or not?”

      “Why me? it’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter