Three

The Next Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


From: Mommy

Myungsoo, I hope you will be back soon!

I want to introduce you to your husband-to-be.

Come back soon, nae?

 

 

Kim Myungsoo, practically a living manhwa character just finished his studies in UK. However, he had a problem. His mother wanted him to get marry, and his supposed spouse was a man. Myungsoo was straight and he was currently in his fifth-year relationship with his girlfriend. How could he agree to this marriage that was arranged by his mother? 

 

Myungsoo's hair was still wet from the shower, but he couldn't be still bothered with it and only stared blankly at his phone. What his mother didn't know was that he came to his birth country a week ago. The reason he didn't tell his parents regarding his return was because he knew he couldn't avoid this marriage. Even his father agreed to it. 

 

 

 

Myungsoo stayed in a hotel nearby the airport. As much as he was troubled by the marriage news, he was still going to meet his girlfriend. Jiyeon had been expecting him since the day he was back. Myungsoo predicted that this relationship of his would not last any longer, but at least he wanted to spend time with Jiyeon before reality crashed in, leaving him with no choice.

 

 

 

By the time Myungsoo reached Jiyeon's house, he dialed her number. Jiyeon picked up on the second ring. “Hello, Jiyeonnie? Oppa is already here.” Myungsoo's usually distanced expression broke into a broad smile when Jiyeon showed up in front of him. "Oppa!" Myungsoo chuckled and received a big hug from his beloved girl. "Let's go for our date!" Myungsoo knew Jiyeon loved watching movie so they were going for one.

 

 

“Oppa, is UK an interesting place?” asked Jiyeon as she sat beside him. Myungsoo smiled and ruffled her hair. “Yeah, but I missed you so much that I need to come back.” Jiyeon smacked his stomach in a teasing manner and said, “Aigoo, oppa! Where we will go today?” asked the girlfriend. “Your favorite place, dear.”

 

 

 

The couple spent an eventful time together. They went to a movie and had lunch, eagerly catching up with one another. Then, Myungsoo excused himself to freshen up. Jiyeon sat on the couch and waited for Myungsoo. Then, she noticed a familiar tall figure. "Oppa?" The lad turned around and smiled after realizing the one who had called him. Jiyeon beamed when it was indeed her older brother that she saw. "Jiyeonnie, what are you doing here?" 

"I should be asking why is a popular model walking around in the public place?" Jiyeon retorted wittily, but she answered her brother truthfully afterward.

 

 

"I'm having a date with L." Jiyeon's brother seemed to be in a rush, who just nodded and quickly bid her farewell.

 “I’m sorry, Jiyeonnie. Oppa has to go. See you later.” said the brother. Jiyeon gave a kiss on his cheeks and her brother went away. Only then, Jiyeon noticed that Myungsoo had yet to return. He isn't finished yet? She sighed.

 

 

 

Myungsoo felt relieved when he saw the tall guy left. He took a deep breath before slowly walking towards his girlfriend. Jiyeon pouted when she saw Myungsoo. “Oppa, you’re late.” She said and the boyfriend chuckled. “I’m sorry, Jiyeonnie.” He pinched her milky white cheeks. “Oppa!” she pouted again. Myungsoo held her hand before he asked her to follow him. “Let’s go now, dear?” and finally, Jiyeon nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo sighed when he was facing the familiar door to his house. Finally, he decided to go home, he knew he couldn't avoid them any longer. Ding Dong… He rang the bell and someone opened the door. It was his father, surprised at the sudden appearance of his son, but he gave Myungsoo a heartwarming smile and called for his wife. “Hyuna darling, your Myungie is back!” Myung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter