One

The Next Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Korea. He was glad to see his native country again. His name is Nam Woohyun- a lad that looked exceptionally handsome in the casual outfit he was wearing. It brought his milky white skin and pinkish lips. You may think of him as an ordinary man, but you're entirely wrong. Woohyun came back as a different person wanting to redeem his mistakes. It's finally time.

 

Woohyun was pulling his luggage bag as he arrived at Seoul Airport happily when suddenly, he felt someone tap lightly on his . “You’re so y.” The stranger whispered into Woohyun's ear after letting out a chuckle. Woohyun’s eyes widened and he turned around to slap the erted man. “What’re you doing?!” he almost yelled.

 

The erted man held Woohyun's hands together before quickly giving Woohyun a kiss. He cupped Woohyun’s face and said, “I’m sorry. You’re just too y.” Then, he his lower lip and winked at Woohyun one last time before leaving. Woohyun’s face turned beet red when he noticed the people around him witnessed the scene.

 

Without wasting his time, Woohyun get helped from the police there. He was never being done like that especially with a guy.

 

“Who the hell was that man?!” He cursed at the stranger that had left. Nevertheless, Woohyun took out his phone and dialed his mother’s number. “Mom, where are you? I’m here already.” He pouted and Mrs. Nam laughed at the other line of the call. “Yes, I got it. I will be there soon. Wait for me okay?”

 

Woohyun walked around the airport in boredom since his mother was running late. He stopped in front of a gift shop and remembered that he had once bought a gift for his (now ex) husband at the same shop before they moved to USA. Woohyun sighed as he knew that it was his entire fault; he was the one that was stupid enough to marry that bastard.

 

 

***

 

 

Woohyun introduced his boyfriend to his family that day. He was nervous and scared at what his parents might think about his lover. His father was once a homophobic before finding out that Woohyun had two organs. However, Mr. Nam was a doctor and he finally understood that sickness his son had. Still, there were other problems… they lived in Korea; a country that' viewed homoual relationships negatively.

 

The hand Woohyun was holding added pressure to their entwining hands; an attempt to calm him.Woohyun just smiled before his parents took a seat in front of them. “Mom, Dad, this is my boyfriend,” Woohyun said as Mrs. Nam sat down beside her husband, observing his reaction. She started feeling uneasy with the situation. Did Woohyun really want to marry him? She knew that Woohyun was a homo, but how would their society react to this? Mrs. Nam thought that her son had changed, but she was wrong.

 

Mr. Nam stared at his son’s boyfriend, “So, this is the one you want to marry?” He smirked but then Mrs. Nam pinched her husband’s arm. “Honey! Don't be like that! And Woohyun... are sure you want to marry him? You’re still young; just nineteen years old.” his mother said. Like any mother, she would not easily give her son up to another person. Not to mention her son was going to get married to a man.’

 

Kim Sunggyu was the only child in his family and his parents wasn’t against homouality at all. Sunggyu knew that he needed to do something that would make Woohyun’ parents believe in him. “It’s okay, Mr. and Mrs. Nam. I promise to take care of him. I have the money to support him too.” Sunggyu said, trying to assure his future father and mother-in-laws. Sunggyu took the risk just for his boyfriend and he didn’t want to give up on him easily. He was a wealthy man and he knew that some parents will allow their children to get married as long as their other half was financially secure.Why couldn't Nam family trust him though?

 

Woohyun smiled at his boyfriend. “Yes, Dad. Please, just give us your blessings. That is all I ask for.” Mr. Nam’s eyes widened. He had always been against homouality, but now, his son was going to be one. Is this called fate? Or karma? Mrs. Nam hugged his husband’s arm, “Are you okay, honey?” she asks. Mr. Nam nodded his head, but in fact, he was worried about his son’s life, and he didn’t know why.

 

 

Eventually, Woohyun got married to Sunggyu, even without Woohyun’s parents blessing. Mr. Nam told his reasons to his son, but Woohyun didn’t believe it. His father was willing to accept gay and homoual relationships for his son, but he didn’t want Woohyun to marry Sunggyu. Woohyun couldn't understand the lack of blessings of his marriage with Sunggyu, despite that Sunggyu was a good person. Even his best friend- Dongwoo was against him being together with Sunggyu although Dongwoo himself was a gay too and got married to his junior, Howon.

 

Woohyun willed to be the best husband ever and he didn’t even do anything to make Sunggyu mad, agitated or annoyed. He thought his marriage life would be perfect, but all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter