Four

The Next Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


After being told by his mother about the marriage discussion, Woohyun felt nervous with it. His husband-to-be was a ert. What would happen to him after they get married? Woohyun started thinking about that, but he quickly shook his head. At least, Myungsoo wasn't like his ex-husband. At the thought of him, Woohyun's eyes turn red but he held his tears.

 

Like any newlyweds, their marriage was happy in the beginning until his husband needed to work overseas. Woohyun was alone for months, but there was nothing he could do except for trusting his man and hoping that he would be home soon. 

 

Woohyun was jogging around his house areas before a car nearly hit him but someone rescued him. “Are you alright?” the handsome man asked him. He blushed when realise their position. He was on top of the man’s body. “I’m sorry.”

 

Without prior notice, Sunggyu was back. Despite being happy at his lover's return, Woohyun was more worried because of how tired and terrible-looking Sunggyu was. Like any caring spouse, Woohyun asked what was wrong with him, but he was pushed away and Sunggyu refused to say a word. Woohyun's heart broke at the sudden change of his husband, he couldn't understand what had made him become as such. 

 

During the fifth months into their marriage. Sunggyu finaly spoke to Woohyun. Instead of words of apologies or reconcilements, he talked of divorcement.  "Honey, what's with the mention of this? Just tell me the problem. If it's something I did, then I'll change!  Please, just explain." Woohyun pleaded but Sunggyu paid no heed to it and just shoved the divorce papers to him. Woohyun couldn't hold his sadness any longer and the papers in his hands were soon drenched with his tears. 

 

Woohyun snapped out of his flashback when someone tapped his shoulder; it was his mother. "Woohyun, are you okay?" Woohyun nooded and smiled weakly at Jihyun. "Why are you sighing mom? Are you not happy?" Woohyun grabbed his mother's hand when she sighed. Jihyun quickly shook her head. "No, I'm happy as long as you're happy. Be a good spouse, okay?" Woohyun reassured her mother he would and hugged her. 

***

 

Myungsoo felt nothing could go better when Woohyun was indeed his husband-to-be. He smirked in satisfaction when he noticed Woohyun was squirming uncomfortably in his seat when they were left now left alone in the private booth. Hyuna, along with them went out for a dinner together. Woohyun glnaced back to back to the door, hoping Hyuna would return soon from the washroom. "Woohyun, are you alright?" Hearing Myungsoo's question, Woohyun stiffened and muttered 'yes' without looking at him. 

 

Woohyun didn't expect him to be younger than him as Hyuna told him that he just graduated from university. He fidgeted even more when the silence was unbearable. However, hearing Myungsoo speaking did not make any better too. “Darling, can you pour the juice for me?” Darling?  Woohyun wanted to smack him, but he said nothing and poured him the juice. As he passed the glass to the younger, their fingers touched, causing Woohyun's heart to race.

 

Out of nowhere, Woohyun shivered. He finally rested his gaze on Myungsoo, who was still smiling and then stood up. Woohyun wrapped his hands around his body in instinct, but that did not st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter