Two

The Next Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The morning started nicely but not for Mrs. Nam Jihyun. Jihyun stared at her son. He was looking at his phone while they were eating breakfast together.The mother coughed a little but didn’t receive any response from her son. Finally, Jihyun spoke up, “Woohyun-ah, what are you doing? We’re eating breakfast right now.” She took the phone away.

 

Woohyun pouted. “Mom, before I get married, can I find a job first?” The mother’s eyes widened at her son's statement and sighed. “Who will take over the company and hospital?” she asked and Woohyun quickly shook his head. “Mom, you can ask Junhyung hyung for that.”

 

Nam Junhyung or Yong Junhyung is his adopted brother and worked at the Nam Corporation and Hospital after Mr. Nam passed away. Jihyun patted her son’s hand. “Your happiness is mom's priority." Woohyun grinned sweetly at his mother and drank his coffee, but her next words made him choked on his drink. "And I found a suitable man to be your husband.” His eyes widened and stared at his mother. To confirm what she had just said Jihyun nodded at her son.

 

“You’ll meet his mother this week, so be prepared.” Still surprise, Woohyun took a while to understand Jihyun and became confuse. "How about the man...? Aren’t we supposed to meet him too?” Woohyun's mother chuckled and explained“He hasn't returned from UK yet.”

 

 

***

 

 

Woohyun was walking around the Seoul city and then a crowd caught his eyes. There seemed to be a photo shoot going on. At this sight, Woohyun smiled as he remembered his ambition when he was young; he had always wanted to be a model. Before he could walk away, someone not too old patted his shoulder and smiled at him. “Do you wish to be a model?” the man asked and Woohyun blinked at the stranger's sudden and blunt question.

 

Woohyun hastily looked around and when he confirmed there was no one else, he cautiously spoke. “Are you saying that to me?” The strange man nodded and he pointed to a group of people that were wearing vest with a logo that Woohyun recognized.They were from the XTyle’s; a company that is famous in the modeling industry. “But, I…” Not bothering to listen what Woohyun had to say, the stranger just introduced himself. 

 

“I’m Lee Sungyeol and I’ll be your boss. What’s your name? When will you start?” Although it happened out of the blue, but Woohyun couldn't deny the happiness that bursted in him. He wanted to scream, but he contained himself and answered the man. “My name is Nam Woohyun. Yes, today if possible." Sungyeol nodded and  gave Woohyun thumbs up. “Then you are here at the right time. The shoot came to a halt when one of the models quitted today. Let's hope you'll be a good partner." 

 

Sungyeol brought Woohyun to the set and a tall man stood out particularly among the staffs. Sungyeol went over to the tall lad and they exchanged a few words. Woohyun finally got a clearer look and realized that he must be the model he partnered up with for the shoot. Wow, he’s handsome, but he seems familiar too. Sungyeol waved Woohyun over and introduced both him and the model to each other. "Park Chanyeol and Woohyun. Today, you two will be partners." 

 

Woohyun shook Chanyeol's outstretched hand. He blushed when the model didn’t break the contact until Sungyeol spoke. “Hmm… Err, Chanyeol. You can teach him whatever you think is important.” With that the man left those two on their own. Woohyun couldn't help but to feel extremely shy around his newly appointed boss and Chanyeol. The latter's touch was so hot that Woohyun almost thought his hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter