Chapter Four

The Road Less Traveled

After a few days and a few more stops at small compounds that dotted the countryside, KyuJong was beginning to feel better. His arm wasn't completely usable but he could help out with a few things around the camp. The more time he spent with the group, the more uncomfortable he became. It wasn't that he didn't get on with them, but he was getting to know them, and actually liked spending time with some of them.

That wasn't something he had intended and couldn't afford to feel that way. It was close to two weeks since he and Kevin had been saved by YoungSaeng and his men that he felt it was time to sit down with the leader of the caravan. Dinner had been served and a nice fire was going, the evening quiet.

"Saeng, I think it's time we talk," KyuJong said, sitting down next to him, the others a bit of a distance away.

"We aren't talking now?" YoungSaeng had finished eating and was busy cleaning his double-barreled gun, humming to himself. He wasn't looking up at KyuJong, a little distracted. "What's on your mind?"

"I've been thinking the past couple of days, and I think it's time for me to move on," KyuJong said, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees. "I think Kevin's going to stay with you all, he and KiBum are getting on okay... but I told you from the beginning I wouldn't stay long."

Glancing up at him, YoungSaeng placed the gun down after a moment. "If you're set on leaving, I'm not going to stop you. But you are welcome here, if you want to stay longer or even join my crew."

"And I appreciate that, but I think I'm better off being by myself," KyuJong said. "I'll stay until we get to the next compound at least, but I just wanted to thank you for everything. I'm... glad we met."

"I'm glad too," YoungSaeng chuckled, watching him. "Can I ask why you feel you have to be alone?"

KyuJong's expression dimmed, watching the fire at their feet. "I was traveling with someone, it was just the two of us for so long, and then I lost them... I've been alone ever since. Even being around other people, I feel so empty. I'd rather be sad and alone than sad with others."

YoungSaeng was silent for a long moment, turning his gaze to the fire as well. "Do you want to be happy again one day?"

"One day," KyuJong said, closing his eyes. "But how happy can anyone really be?"

"As happy as they want." YoungSaeng watched the crackling flames. "I'm sure KyuHyun could rant forever about human resilience, or whatever he's picked up from those books of his, but I'm no scholar. All I know is what I see, and I see that people will always find a way to be happy."

"Feels so pointless sometimes though," KyuJong said, shaking his head. "I want to be happy, but I don't know if I ever will be again. I try not to think about it."

YoungSaeng sighed softly. "Well..I hope you find what makes you happy." He nudged KyuJong's arm lightly, lips quirked at the younger man. "And if we ever cross paths again, you're welcome at our campfire."

"I look forward to it," KyuJong said, letting himself smile a little. "Like I said, I'll stay with you until we get to the compound, then once I get stocked up again I'll go my own way." He glanced over to where Kevin was talking with KiBum. "I'm not going to tell the kid I'm leaving... could you not say anything to him until after I'm gone?"

"That's not a good way to go," YoungSaeng raised an eyebrow. "You won't be leaving any pleasant thoughts like that."

"He's kind of attached to me, and I know if I tell him I'm going he's going to want me to stay or something," KyuJong said. "It's just easier this way."

"Easier for who?" YoungSaeng mused, picking up his gun again. "If that's what you want."

"Thanks," KyuJong gave a nod as he stood back up. For a moment, he looked like he wanted to say something else, but turned and walked away.

"I don't know what to make of that guy," JungMin, who had been sitting nearby and trying not to eavesdrop, said quietly, looking up at YoungSaeng. "I woke up in the middle of the night last night and he was hovering over me, looked spooked and ran away before I could ask him what was up."

"Maybe he was scared by your snoring," YoungSaeng snorted, glancing at JungMin. "He's been alone for a long time. How many people have we run into alone on the road, and how normal have they been?"

"I didn't say he wasn't normal, I said I didn't know what to make of him," JungMin said, stretching out his legs. "And I don't snore, HyungJoon snores, not me."

"I'd hoped he'd want to stick around longer, but oh well," YoungSaeng shrugged, focusing on what he was doing. "He's going to break the kid's heart though."

"Yeah, and he's been through hell as it is," JungMin nodded. "Kind of how it is out here though, better he learns that now than later."

"Thank you for reminding me why I've never tried to take in any kids before," YoungSaeng snorted, glancing at JungMin with a smirk. "You'd probably have them in tears talking like that."

"I'm a realist Saeng," JungMin looked back up at him, grinning. "If the sheltered compound kids can't handle it then they shouldn't leave home. No sense in babying them."

"That would be fantastic, except some of them don't have a choice," YoungSaeng rolled his eyes. "Speaking of babying, take HyungJoon with you next time you hunt, before he glares a hole in the back of the kid's head." He could see HyungJoon easily from his seat, sitting by himself on the other side of the campfire. The older brother seemed to be busy stitching up a spare shirt, but he was keeping a careful eye on KiBum and Kevin.

"You want me to bring him back with me?" JungMin asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or should we be unfortunate enough to get separated."

"As tempting as that is some days, no, bring him back with you," YoungSaeng replied. "He's handy to have around, when he's not bubble-wrapping KiBum. Try to get along with him; the fact that even KyuJong's interacting more than he is bothers me."

"I'll see what I can do to get him to loosen up," JungMin said. "No one can resist my charms."

"Just don't ditch him somewhere," YoungSaeng smirked. "And while you're busy dealing with him, I'll have an excuse to put KyuHyun to work for once."

"Good luck with that," JungMin said, shaking his head. "May I ask as to what you're going to do with him?"

"Get him to show Kevin how to use a bow and knife. I want him trained on whatever we have in case he can't reach a gun. If he can't deal with that, he gets to care for the horses," YoungSaeng snorted. "And try not get kicked this time. Any other suggestions?"

"Unless you plan on helping him with his attitude problem, I have no suggestions," JungMin said. "But if he doesn't start helping out, I may just string him up by his bow."

"He helps out, just not when you're around," YoungSaeng laughed quietly. "You scare him, Min."

"I'm not seeing a downside there," JungMin replied. "I want him to be scared."

"Min," YoungSaeng rolled his eyes. "As funny as it is to watch him run away from you, I don't want be replacing him anytime soon. Too much hassle."

"What're you two scheming about," KyuHyun called from the other side of the fire.

"Deciding on which one of your books would make the best kindling!" JungMin called back.

"You can't even read the covers to tell which is which!"

"I don't need to be able to read to know which one's the biggest!" JungMin shrugged.

"Don't you even think about touching them!" KyuHyun looked at RyeoWook. "No one appreciates good books anymore."

"That's why it's important that you do," RyeoWook said, giving KyuHyun a small smile in sympathy.

That seemed to appease the archer, the corner of his lips quirking slightly. "You get a chance to look at that cookbook I found you yet? I don't even know if you'd be able to get all the ingredients, it's pretty old."

"Mhm, I did," RyeoWook nodded. "And whatever I don't have, I can improvise. We may not have much but it doesn't mean we can't eat good food."

"If we're going to eat well, Saeng hired the best chef," KyuHyun chuckled. "You could turn anything into good food."

"I make things edible, I wouldn't say it's all good," RyeoWook said, nudging him a little. "I can only do so much when all we've got is radishes to eat."

"You still make them taste better than they did before," KyuHyun snorted, nudging him back. "Do you miss the compound? At least there was more food readily available there."

RyeoWook sighed a little, brow furrowing in thought. "I don't miss the constant inspections, or being told what to do all the time though. Living in the compound had its advantages, but I'm happy out here, even if it's dangerous."

"So you wouldn't go back if you had the choice? Or get tired of being out here eventually?" KyuHyun stretched out his arms and dropped onto his back.

"Maybe when I'm too old to live like this, but I don't want to go back any time soon," RyeoWook said, leaning back on his hands and looking up at the sky through the tree canopy. "Why, are you having second thoughts?"

"No," the other man chuckled, closing his eyes. "I hate compounds. Was born on the road, and plan to die on it too."

"But not for a long time though, right?" RyeoWook asked, glancing down at him.

"Who knows," KyuHyun hummed lowly, cracking one eye open at RyeoWook. "Don't plan on it anyways."

"Good," RyeoWook smiled, looking back up at the stars. "No one wants to be around a guy who has a death wish. That and... I'd kind of miss you."

KyuHyun grinned, closing his eyes again. "Well, I guess you'd have to find some other way to get your cookbooks."

"That too," RyeoWook chuckled. "Which means no dying, no leaving, and no getting yourself kicked out because you aren't doing anything."

"I don't know what you're talking about, I do stuff," KyuHyun sniffed. "Someone points a gun at you, I put an arrow through their eye."

"Well yeah, but I mean like helping around with stuff," RyeoWook said. "JungMin's the protection mostly, and even he does stuff to help."

"I do help," KyuHyun grumbled.

"I know, you help me out a lot, it just takes a little bit of prodding," RyeoWook said.

"Well I wouldn't want to make it too easy," KyuHyun mumbled, wrinkling his nose. Their conversation was cut off by a gentle song. YoungSaeng had started singing, voice clear over the crackling of the fire.

It wasn't the first time KyuJong had heard YoungSaeng sing, but it was no less captivating each time. Sitting a little ways away from the fire, he watched YoungSaeng, as well as the others. There was a small part of him that wanted to stay with these people. To travel day after day, laugh and fight beside them. They were nice, caring people, something that was rare since the plague had ravaged the world.

At the very least, if he ran into them again, KyuJong knew he would be among friends and be able to share a fire with them. Smiling a little, he closed his eyes and leaned back against a tree, just listening to YoungSaeng singing softly. He wanted to enjoy the moment while it lasted.

 

 

 

 

It took them a couple days to reach their next destination, a compound a few days from Jincheon. YoungSaeng had gotten a tip from another traveler that several of their crates would sell well there, so they'd worked the stop into their route. It was a small compound out of the way, Kevin reminded of his own home as they crested a hill and saw the tiny fortified village below.

"They breed good horses here, we'll get you something to ride," YoungSaeng called back to Kevin. "Can't stay in the caravan all day."

"Yes sir," Kevin blinked. "But KyuHyun rides in the caravan."

"Because he'd as soon fall off the horse's back end than ride properly for an hour," YoungSaeng snorted and ignored the loud protest from inside the caravan.

"That was only once!"

"And yet you're not riding a horse still," RyeoWook pointed out.

"He'd be too lazy to take care of his own horse anyway," JungMin said. "He never helps with the pack animals as it is."

"I'll have you know I'm great with horses," KyuHyun huffed at them, sticking his head out of the caravan.

"Great, then you're taking care of the pack horses when we stop," YoungSaeng sniped, eyes narrowing. He held his hand up for quiet, KyuHyun instantly shutting up.

Blinking and looking around, Kevin spotted a figure farther down the road they were on, halfway between them and the compound.

"Stop here Saeng," JungMin said, moving his horse around to get in front. He stopped next to KyuJong who already had his shotgun out and laying across his lap. "Watch the sides, there could be others waiting in the ditches. Joon, you're with me," he said starting away from the caravan.

To his credit HyungJoon didn't waste time trying to order KiBum to take cover, though he did look at his brother before following JungMin with his gun out. "KyuHyun, on our left," YoungSaeng said, lips barely moving. KyuHyun already had his bow in one hand, fitting an arrow to the string and watching the trees. "KyuJong, take the right." He pulled the caravan horses to a stop.

Trying not to be obvious, JungMin led HyungJoon towards the figure at a fast walk, his hand at the pistol strapped to his horses neck. When they got close enough, the person turned and looked at them warily.

"Hi there friend, you heading to the village there?" JungMin asked conversationally.

"Don't see how that's any of your business, friend," the man replied.

"Don't see any other reason to be stopped in the middle of the road," HyungJoon said, horse stopping right behind JungMin. The older brother was also holding his gun, eyes wary.

"We're just travelling the same road," JungMin said. "Thought we'd say hello, and if we're heading the same way might as well go together. You all alone out here?"

"... I don't have anything of value," the stranger said, his hand going to his waist.

The movement had HyungJoon pointing his gun at the stranger. "Hey, we're not looking for trouble," he scowled. "Hands back out. Let's just go JungMin."

"You're the ones who approached me, I was just walking," the stranger said, though he didn't make a move to take his hand off the gun at his waist.

"Let's just all calm down," JungMin said, holding up one hand. "Put the gun down Joon, we're all friends here. We're not going to rob you friend, but if you want to walk with us you're welcome to. You just need to take your hand away from your weapon."

"How do I know you're not just going to kill me?" the stranger asked, eyeing them both.

"We could say the same about you," HyungJoon ignored JungMin, keeping his gun out. "The gun goes away when yours does. I won't shoot you, but shoot either of us and the others back there won't be happy with you."

"I wasn't planning on shooting anybody!" the stranger snapped, taking another step back.

"Joon, go back to the caravan," JungMin said, moving his horse in front of the other man's. "I think you're spooking him."

HyungJoon scowled at JungMin, moving his horse back. "…Fine." He slowly moved back towards the caravan, lowering his gun but not putting it away just in case.

KyuJong watched HyungJoon come back towards them, though JungMin stayed with the stranger up ahead. He frowned slightly when JungMin waved them to come forward.

"Do you really trust any random person you meet out here?" KyuJong asked, glancing at YoungSaeng.

"It's not about trusting people, it's about keeping people where we can see them," RyeoWook said. "If we passed this guy by, he'd be behind us and then we'd have to watch our backs."

"The bushes look clear, but let's watch our backs anyways," KyuHyun glanced back at them, arrow still at the ready.

YoungSaeng flicked the reins, the caravan starting to roll again. "Someone needs to explain that to HyungJoon. And we're not gullible," he glanced at KyuJong. "We kept you and Kevin where we could watch you."

"You did?" Kevin looked at KiBum. He of course hadn't noticed a thing.

"Well... yeah," KiBum nodded, scratching at the back of his head. "I mean, I spent all that time with you, even though HyungJoon hated it. And KyuJong was always with RyeoWook or Saeng."

"I take it you trust us now then?" KyuJong mused, watching as JungMin and the stranger grew closer.

"Saeng, this is JaeJoong," JungMin said, nodding towards the man. "He's on his way to the compound to look for work."

YoungSaeng didn't have a chance to answer KyuJong, nodding at JaeJoong. "Well met. We're going there ourselves. Hop a ride and rest your feet if you like, you could be searching for a while yet." HyungJoon had dropped back beside KiBum, watching their surroundings.

"I think I'll walk," JaeJoong said, eyeing each of them.

"No, you'll ride," JungMin said. "You'll slow us down and we want to be inside the walls before nightfall. So get in, don't touch anything, and RyeoWook may be nice enough to feed you."

"Alright, alright," JaeJoong muttered, climbing into the caravan.

"Welcome aboard," YoungSaeng hummed, nodding to JungMin. When he glanced back at KyuHyun, the archer shook his head. There was no one else that he could see; JaeJoong was alone.

Kevin watched as JaeJoong entered the caravan, scooting back out of the way. "Hey. You travel far?" He smiled at the stranger as the caravan made it's way down the hill.

"Yeah, far enough," JaeJoong said, crossing his arms.

"Us too," Kevin nodded, taking it upon himself to ease the other man somewhat. "What kinda work are you looking for in the compound? Are you a tradesman?"

"No, just... whatever I can find," JaeJoong shrugged.

Kevin nodded slowly, glancing back towards the front of the caravan where YoungSaeng was. The merchant wasn't facing them, but Kevin knew by now that YoungSaeng always paid keen attention to what was being said around him. "Well, my name's Kevin," he smiled at JaeJoong. "Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, sure," JaeJoong said. With his arms crossed and eyes darting around the caravan, it was obvious he wasn't up for any kind of conversation.

Giving up, Kevin climbed out of the back of the caravan to talk to those in front instead. Leaning around the side of the caravan, he saw that HyungJoon had pulled JungMin far aside out of hearing range.

"Why are we taking that guy with us?" The older brother whispered, obviously unhappy. "We don't know anything about him, should have just left him there."

"And we could have just left you and your brother too," JungMin said, giving him a sidelong glance. "But we didn't. We help people if they need it, but we keep an eye on people if we have to."

HyungJoon's lips thinned. "He doesn't even want to be here, we could have easily passed by him. I don't trust him, and I don't want KiBum anywhere near him."

"You don't want to be here either," JungMin pointed out. "He's acting pretty much just the way you did the first day you were here. We don't trust him either, trust is earned."

"Aren't you worried that one day you're going to pick up someone who'll do some serious damage?" HyungJoon asked, eyeing JungMin.

"Of course, but I'd rather we can keep an eye on him than have let him sneak up on us later," JungMin said. "Now if you have any more complaints, you can take them up with Saeng, he runs this show not you."

HyungJoon scowled at that. "I was just stating my concerns." He moved his horse away from JungMin's, swinging around to ride by himself on the caravan's other side.

"Next time, be sure to file your complaint in writing!" JungMin called after him, though he did glance at YoungSaeng in the caravan. He didn't necessarily disagree with HyungJoon, but he knew YoungSaeng well enough not to question what the boss wanted.

It took another couple hours to make it down the hill to the compound entrance. YoungSaeng had to talk with the guards for a bit for them to get in; apparently they'd seen bandits very recently, and were wary of any newcomers. It took summoning someone inside the walls who'd dealt with them previously before the gates were opened and the caravan was allowed to roll in.

"KyuHyun, you and HyungJoon are on supplies," YoungSaeng ordered as they found a place to stop. KyuHyun surprisingly didn't ask why he was going instead of JungMin, hopping down off the caravan with their list.

YoungSaeng looked back at JaeJoong. "Best of luck out there, friend. You're welcome back for a meal before we head out."

"Thanks..." JaeJoong replied, looking around furtively. "You said there'd be room here for another hand? If I don't have any luck here, I'll come find you guys."

"We leave before nightfall," YoungSaeng's lips quirked. "If we don't see each other again, safe travels." He hopped down off the front of the caravan, walking around to the back to start unloading stuff to trade.

The rest of the day inside the compound went smoothly, the group getting a good haul for their wares. KyuJong picked up some supplies he would need, though he did get a few curious looks from RyeoWook.

It was still a couple of hours before sunset when they started to pack up. KyuJong was surprised when he saw JaeJoong approaching them, going immediately to YoungSaeng in the caravan. "That offer still good?"

YoungSaeng glanced over his shoulder at JaeJoong, pushing a crate into the back of the caravan. "Yessir. No luck around town, I take it?"

"No, no one seems to have any work," JaeJoong replied.

"Then let's talk," YoungSaeng said, straightening. "Kevin, finish what you're doing and water the horses."

"Hm?" Kevin looked up at them from where he was tying a saddlebag shut. "Okay."

"Min, you okay to finish up here while I speak with our friend?" YoungSaeng asked.

"We're almost done boss," JungMin nodded, though he eyed JaeJoong warily before looking back at YoungSaeng. "Be quick, they'll be locking the gates soon because of the recent bandit hits."

Nodding, YoungSaeng headed around to the other side of the caravan, bringing JaeJoong with him.

"So he's coming with us too?" Kevin asked once they were gone, confused. "I didn't think there was room for another person." There were plenty of people already in the caravan.

"Seems so," JungMin said, keeping an eye on the way they'd gone. "There's always room if Saeng says there's room."

"Just wish he'd let me know sometimes so I'll have enough food," RyeoWook complained from where he was sitting inside the caravan.

"He doesn't talk with you guys if it's a good idea or not?" Kevin blinked.

"Ninety percent of the time, no," KyuHyun snorted, adjusting the packs on one of the horses. "That's how he works."

"He's the boss," JungMin shrugged. "My job is just to make sure he doesn't get his shot off. He trusts my judgment enough that if I tell him it's a bad idea, he'll listen."

"When he feels like it," RyeoWook chuckled.

"That seems…dangerous," Kevin frowned.

"Oh, it can be," KyuHyun smirked. "But his caravan wouldn't have lasted this long if he didn't have a good head on his shoulders. Getting nervous?"

"No, just confused," Kevin shook his head, taking the reins of the packhorses and leading them away.

"He's nervous," KyuHyun snorted.

"Good, better to be nervous than be cocky," JungMin said, giving KyuHyun a look. "Means I don't have to worry about him doing something stupid."

"I think he's talking about you there, KyuHyun," RyeoWook said.

"Hey, since when do I do anything stupid?" KyuHyun sniffed. "I've been on the road my whole life, I don't do stupid. It's not cockiness, it's confidence."

"Is that what you call it now?" HyungJoon mumbled from where he was checking his horse's hooves.

"Confidence that tries my patience," JungMin said, pushing the last crate into the back of the caravan and closing the gate. "And HyungJoon, at least he pays attention to what's going on to everyone else around him and not freaking out about where his brother is."

HyungJoon didn't reply to that, lips pressed into a thin line as he focused on what he was doing.

"Aren't you a friendly ball of sunshine today JungMin," KyuHyun quipped, heading around to the front of the caravan to make sure they were good to go. "Someone's past his bedtime."

RyeoWook sighed, shaking his head as he returned his attention to the boxes inside the caravan. KyuJong, who had been listening to the whole conversation, frowned a little and he followed after KyuHyun since JungMin didn't look in the mood to talk.

"Is there a story there, about HyungJoon?" KyuJong asked KyuHyun. "I mean... I get they're brothers but I've never seen a brother so protective."

"If there is, we don't know of it," KyuHyun looked back at KyuJong. "HyungJoon doesn't say anything he doesn't have to, and who knows if KiBum's as mistrustful or just under his brother's orders not to speak to us."

"I noticed KiBum doesn't really talk to anyone, except Kevin," KyuJong nodded. "I'm surprised that Saeng puts up with it honestly."

"Saeng puts up with the weirdest things," KyuHyun shrugged. "Some stuff you wouldn't even think is a problem he will kick a person out for, and for the brothers he just shrugs and leaves it be. He's always made it clear if we have issues with the way he runs things we're welcome to leave."

"Have you ever thought about leaving?" KyuJong asked, watching him. "I've heard you and RyeoWook joke about it, but have you seriously thought about it?"

"Why would I?" KyuHyun raised an eyebrow at KyuJong. "Where else in the world is it ever going to be this good?"

KyuJong frowned at that, not sure what to say. "I guess I don't see this as a good life," he said, looking away.

"Then you're always going to live a miserable one," KyuHyun snorted, climbing up onto the front of the caravan.

"Thanks for the reminder," KyuJong rolled his eyes and went to go help Kevin with the horses.

Letting the horses drink from the trough set up, Kevin looked up and smiled at KyuJong approaching. "Hey hyung, just about done here…I think. They drink a lot." He wrapped the reins tighter around his hands.

"Yeah, let them drink their fill," KyuJong said. "They deserve it. They put up with a lot for us."

"They do," Kevin nodded, watching them. "I'm kind of nervous that Saeng went and got me a horse," he chuckled quietly, looking at KyuJong. "Maybe you should be the one riding it instead."

"Well, I've never been that comfortable on a horse," KyuJong shrugged. "At least this way you can get out of the caravan now. You can hold your conversations with KiBum without having to shout."

"I guess," Kevin chuckled, smiling widely. "Does that mean you're going to be in the front of the caravan with YoungSaeng now?"

"We'll see," KyuJong smiled, avoiding Kevin's eyes. "Saeng's driving makes me nervous."

"I think it's fun," Kevin laughed. "Especially when KyuHyun starts squawking and Saeng does it on purpose just to annoy him." Finishing with the horses, he turned them to head back towards the caravan.

"Yeah.. they're interesting people," KyuJong said, following after. "So you're happy here with them? Haven't thought about finding another compound to live in?"

"Well…kinda, I mean being out here is very different from what I'm used to," Kevin blinked, looking back at KyuJong. "Part of me wants to find a nice compound to keep living like I used to…but I like it here too. They're nice, kind people, and I'm glad we found them."

"Me too," KyuJong gave him a small smile. "It's the first time in a long time I've felt... safe."

"Yeah," Kevin grinned back at him. "You do seem happier now than you did before."

"I wouldn't go that far, but it's been fun," KyuJong said, looping his arm around Kevin's neck and walking with him. "You're a good kid you know that?"

Squawking, Kevin smiled widely. "Thanks, hyung…if it weren't for you, I'd still be under a bush somewhere. I owe you a lot, but I'll pay you back one day."

"Don't start with that," KyuJong shook his head. "They only way you can pay me back is to not get yourself killed, okay?"

"I won't get killed," Kevin transferred the reins to one hand so he could give KyuJong a one-armed hug around his waist.

 

 


 

 

Please subscribe, comment and/or upvote if you liked the chapter ^^

 

@Forever5501: Speaking of KyuSaeng~~ you did see SS501 sub-unit's performance yesterday yes?? :DDD I just about died at the fancams, KyuSaengJoon~~~ And baby grinning like a crazy person hehe~

@Forest_Pixi: Hehe PhiPhi~ love your nicknames XDD Should call her that from now on =P Lol oh dear, with two Kyus in the story I can already tell it's gonna be hard telling which one you're talking about XDD It's like when both baby and leader are around and people just call them KHJ/HJ, it don't work!! Sorry for the short comment back bb, posting this half-asleep cause I keep forgetting to post ;; School so crazy.

@ping501: Lol can't say what happened to the brothers / if anything happened at all, only that I agree Joon needs to loosen up XDD But that's gonna be very hard for him, much to Kibum's dismay. And Jungmin will always flirt. How the plague started is a mystery, and doesn't ever really come up in the story since it doesn't really matter to those left alive how it started. It was most likely a natural virus that mutated faster than modern medicine could keep up.

@ST01Now: Hehehe yessss, you shall like kemaru~~ *brainwashes* >.> Whether Kyujong wants to go with them or not, probably isn't going to stop him from leaving :( This world is cruel to the people living in it.