Chapter 10

The Road Less Traveled

It was impossible to tell in the windowless room when dawn arrived, but it was some hours later when YoungSaeng came back in to wake them up. "The sun's up," YoungSaeng rolled his eyes when KyuHyun protested waking up. "Stop complaining, and let's get ready to move."

 

They were still missing two people though, something they were reminded of when HyungJoon went looking for his brother. The older brother hadn't gotten much sleep since coming in from watch, not knowing where KiBum was and with no one awake to ask.

 

It was probably a good thing HyungJoon was elsewhere on the floor when Kevin and KiBum finally appeared; it had taken them a while to get down the stairs. "Morning you two," YoungSaeng yawned into his hand, stretching as he packed up. "We're moving to a new location. KiBum, your brother's looking for you."

 

KiBum winced a little at that. "Figured he would be, any idea where he went?"

 

"I think he was checking all the rooms on this level then working his way down," RyeoWook said, packing his bedroll away.

 

"I guess I'll go find him," KiBum sighed, giving Kevin a rueful look before heading out the door.

 

"Do we have time for breakfast first?" JungMin asked from where he was still sprawled out.

 

"Depends on how long it takes KiBum to find HyungJoon," YoungSaeng sighed, buttoning his bag shut. "We'll have something quick. Our supplies are running low." They hadn't been able to pick up any in that last town. "Volunteers for a supply run?"

 

"Out here?" KyuHyun blinked. "Did the scavengers leave anything?"

 

"I bet we can find something, there's a lot of buildings here," RyeoWook said. "Me and KyuHyun can go. Once we get to the next building and get set up. It'll be fun!"

 

"Yeah, fun until you turn a corner and a city scavenger chops you in two," JungMin snorted.

 

"Excuse you, we know to be careful," KyuHyun retorted. "Not everyone makes as much noise as a horse."

 

"Just because I'm injured doesn't mean I can't still kill you," JungMin said, opening his good eye and glaring at KyuHyun. "Don't put your bedroll anywhere near me or you won't be waking up."

 

"Let's go scout out a new place," RyeoWook said, pushing KyuHyun towards the door. "We'll come back when we find something Saeng."

 

"Have fun you two, be careful," YoungSaeng snorted.

 

KyuHyun managed to grab his bow and quiver of arrows before he was propelled out the door. "All right, I'm walking. You've got your gun, right?"

 

"Yeah... but you know I'm not any good with it," RyeoWook said once they were out in the hall, pouting at him. "It knocks me over. Why can't you teach me how to use your bow?"

 

"I would if you didn't try to put the arrow on the string backwards," KyuHyun teased. "You can try once we're back in the woods, practice in here and one of us will get killed."

 

"Maybe I'm just not meant to use weapons," RyeoWook said, nudging him a little. "Even out in the woods I'm probably going to kill someone."

 

"You just need practice. Lots of it." KyuHyun shrugged, pushing into the stairwell. "Some people would feel a little better if you were trained on at least one weapon."

 

RyeoWook frowned a little at that. "Saeng say something to you about it? Does he think I'm not pulling my weight in the group?"

 

"You pull your weight ten times over," KyuHyun glanced at him. "But that doesn't change the fact you're a sitting duck in a firefight, and no one wants to see you with a bullet between your eyes."

 

"Yeah... I understand," RyeoWook said, his shoulders slumping. "I know I'm useless when it comes to that stuff. I just don't feel right using a weapon."

 

"You're a pacifist. I didn't think there were any left, but you proved me wrong," KyuHyun snorted, before nudging RyeoWook's arm lightly. "We'll get you trained on something, at the very least a knife. For the rest of it, I guess I'll have to keep being your bodyguard."

 

"I like having you as my bodyguard," RyeoWook said. "That way I can keep an eye on you too."

 

"I don't need an eye on me," KyuHyun chuckled, hurrying down the stairwell. "I just need good food, and someone to sympathize in how few people actually care about books anymore."

 

"I do that already," RyeoWook rolled his eyes. "Saeng told me to keep an eye on you, and I am. I don't want you getting hurt."

 

"Why would Saeng tell you to keep an eye on me?" KyuHyun balked, looking back at him as he reached the bottom of the stairs. "I'm not the youngest in the group anymore, he can worry about KiBum and Kevin instead."

 

"He told me it was like a buddy system," RyeoWook said. "I look after you, he looks after JungMin... did he not tell you you had to look after someone?"

 

"Yeah, well…he knows I keep an eye on people anyways," KyuHyun mumbled, pushing out of the stairwell into the alley. He checked to make sure the alley was clear before stepping aside to let RyeoWook out.

 

"I didn't think it was a bad thing, me looking after you," RyeoWook said once he was out, glancing around. "I mean, I would have anyway and I like being with you."

 

"Because we're from the same compound," KyuHyun replied, voice automatically lowering once they were outside. "Or rather, I ended up in your compound."

 

RyeoWook's lips thinned a little at that. "... Yeah, that's why," he muttered to himself. "How far should we go? Couple of buildings over?"

 

"Let's go a block or two," KyuHyun nodded, glancing down the street corner. He had an arrow notched to his bow, just in case. "It'll be interesting to go scavenging later. Could find some really cool stuff if we're lucky."

 

"You'll have to let me know how that scavenging goes," RyeoWook said, walking close to KyuHyun.

 

"You're not coming with?" KyuHyun blinked back at him. "I thought you were."

 

"I'd like to, but I'd probably just get in the way," RyeoWook said with a sigh. "What if there are city pickers here that we run into out here somewhere and we both get killed cause I can't fend them off?"

 

KyuHyun could see the other man's point, lips pursed unhappily. "…Really got to get you trained on something. It always having to leave you behind with the caravan, there's a lot to see." He kept RyeoWook beside him, eyes scanning their surroundings.

 

"Yeah... it gets lonely sometimes when you people are out seeing neat stuff," RyeoWook said. "I mean, I think about everything you've seen, like going to China... it sounds amazing. Do you want to go back there?"

 

"Every day." KyuHyun glanced at RyeoWook. "I spent most my life over there. Bet my Mandarin is rusty as hell by now."

 

"If... you wanted to go in the future, would you take me with you?" RyeoWook asked, smiling at him. "You can teach me some stuff to say in Mandarin."

 

KyuHyun's lips curled upwards at that. "Yeah. I'll teach you Mandarin and how to defend yourself, then we'll backpack across the mountains. Sure you'd be up for something like that?"

 

"Of course," RyeoWook nodded. "I mean, it'd be an adventure... a real adventure. Just you and me. I think I'd like that a lot."

 

"Just the two of us?" KyuHyun smirked. "Guess we better get started with that training." He quickly glanced around the next corner before taking it, distracted when his quiver half slipped off his shoulder. "Damn this thing, I need a new strap."

 

"I think I've got some left over leather in my supplies, I can fix it for you when we get settled tonight," RyeoWook said. "You want me to carry it for you?"

 

"It's fine, should keep your hands…free." KyuHyun had trailed off, hearing a rummaging noise nearby. He held out one arm to stop RyeoWook, trying to figure out where it was coming from. "Go back around the corner."

 

"Hm?" RyeoWook ran into the arm KyuHyun had stretched out, blinking a little as he tried to see where KyuHyun was looking. "There someone over there? City pickers?"

 

"Not sure, don't see any," KyuHyun murmured. He lifted his bow, stepping further out as he looked around. The noise stopped after a moment, but he wasn't convinced.

 

"I think you're hearing things," RyeoWook said, edging out so he could see beyond KyuHyun. Nothing was visible on the street, a tumbled down building to their right and what had probably been a parking lot with its patchwork of concrete and grass on their left. It was impossible to tell where the sound had been coming from, the way the buildings boxed in around them funneling noise towards them. "Maybe it was just a bird or..." RyeoWook trailed, off movement to his left catching his eye. Shrieking in fright, RyeoWook didn't even think, turning and bolting down the street when a large boar came charging out of the brush and straight at him.

 

Jumping, KyuHyun turned around with a swear as the two ran away from him. He took aim, pausing only long enough to make sure he wasn't going to hit RyeoWook too before letting fly. The arrow hit the boar in the hindquarters, distracting it from it's chase.

 

Taking out another arrow, KyuHyun wet his lips and aimed as the boar turned around to charge it's new aggressor. The second arrow slammed through it's skull, the animal dropping.

 

It took a few minutes before RyeoWook even noticed he wasn't being chased, and by then he was good and lost in the honeycomb maze of the streets. By the time he made it back to where KyuHyun was, most of the morning was gone. "Well... I guess we don't have to worry about food for a couple of days," he said, panting a little as he still tried to catch his breath. "You okay?"

 

"Yeah, just worried to death, where did you go?" KyuHyun frowned at RyeoWook. When the other man was in reach, he pulled RyeoWook closer to look for injuries. He'd gone looking for RyeoWook, unable to find where he'd gone. "Why would you run off like a crazy person by yourself."

 

"It was chasing me!" RyeoWook huffed, squirming to get away from him. "I'm fine, I just got lost. You could have said something about it being dead before I got so far away."

 

"I tried, you didn't hear me." KyuHyun retorted. "Don't do that again, you could have ran into more of them out there and I'd be too far away to help."

 

"I'm sorry," RyeoWook said, shoulders slumping. "See, this is why I shouldn't be out doing these things... maybe I should go back and send HyungJoon out to help. He probably wouldn't have run and screamed like a girl."

 

"That's not the point." KyuHyun looked down at him, holding onto RyeoWook's arm for a long moment before he sighed and let go, turning away. "Come on, let's just scout out one of the buildings here and head back. We've been gone long enough."

 

"If it helps, I think I saw a nice building that we could use," RyeoWook said, pointing towards a building on the skyline. "What do you think?"

 

Looking in the direction RyeoWook pointed, KyuHyun shrugged. "Why not. Saeng'll probably want to move again in a couple days, if not tomorrow. Maybe we could solve our food problem with that boar."

 

RyeoWook made a face, shoving KyuHyun lightly in the arm. "That's what I just said. Sometimes I don't think you listen to me."

 

"Sorry if I was a little more concerned with making sure you hadn't been gored," KyuHyun rolled his eyes, turning to head back towards where he'd left the boar. "There's more wild animals in China, you know. And you can't outrun a charging boar, especially when you're running in a straight line."

 

"What was I supposed to do? Stand still?" RyeoWook said.

 

"How about not saying I'm hearing things and stay where you're not a target?" KyuHyun retorted, not looking back at RyeoWook.

 

"I already apologized for that," RyeoWook muttered, following behind.

 

KyuHyun grumbled to himself, still annoyed. It took them a few minutes to make their way back to where they'd left the dead boar. KyuHyun looked down at it and shook his head, bracing himself to pull out his two arrows. "No way we're getting this back by ourselves, too damn heavy."

 

"Well if we're going to go back and lead the others to the new building, we can just swing by and get it," RyeoWook said, wrinkling his nose a little at the animal. "Unless you want to field dress it right here."

 

"Yeah, let's just sit out here in the open and wait for scavengers to come by," KyuHyun grunted a little as he yanked an arrow out of the boar, dropping it into his quiver. "Need to make more of these, I'm running out." He got out the second arrow before straightening. "Okay, let's go get them."

 

RyeoWook followed him down the street, hands in his pockets and looking down at his feet. "I'm sorry for running away," he said.

 

KyuHyun glanced back at him. "…Once we're settled at the new building, we'll tell Saeng to send someone else for scavenging. You and I are going to find an empty garage and practice holding a bow the right way."

 

RyeoWook looked up, blinking a little at him but allowing a small smile. "Yeah? That... sounds like fun," he said. "Promise not to get too irritated with me?"

 

"I can promise to try," KyuHyun snorted. "If you break my bow though I'm not talking to you for as long as it takes to make a new one."

 

"I won't break your bow," RyeoWook said, not letting KyuHyun's threat sour his now good mood. "And then we can go hunting together!"

 

"You need to pass my tests first," KyuHyun smirked. "But sure. If you can manage a bow, we'll go hunting."

 

"What kind of tests?" RyeoWook made a face. "I bet I'll be a better bowsman than you."

 

"Good luck with that, I've been using a bow since I was a kid," the younger man snorted, keeping an eye on their surroundings as they reentered the building where they'd left the others. "Target practice, how well you can take care of a bow, and if you're lucky I might show you how to make arrows."

 

"If you show me how to make arrows you're just going to assume I'll make your arrows for you," RyeoWook said, slipping into the door and waiting for KyuHyun.

 

"What's wrong with that?" KyuHyun gave RyeoWook a cheeky grin before walking past him up the stairs.

 

"I'm not your servant KyuHyun!" RyeoWook huffed, following him up the stairs.

 

Chuckling, KyuHyun found the floor they were on and headed back to the windowless room. Getting there, he saw the others had settled on some dried food for breakfast, and the two brothers were back. "Hey boss," KyuHyun called, and YoungSaeng looked up from where he was tying up his pack.

 

"How did it go?" the older man asked.

 

"We've got a place to move to," KyuHyun leaned against the wall. "And food. A wild boar decided to chase Wookie down the street."

 

"... Damn, and I missed it?" JungMin snorted from where he was laying on the pallet. "How fast was he running KyuHyun? I bet those stick legs of his can move pretty quick."

 

RyeoWook flushed, lips pressed together as he pointedly ignored JungMin. "Is the caravan packed up yet?"

 

"Not yet," KyuJong said, highly amused at the conversation and RyeoWook's expression. "Saeng and I were just heading down there to do that."

 

YoungSaeng stood and slung his pack over his shoulder. "The rest of you make your way down too, it won't take that long. Good thing, cause that boar's gonna stink if we leave it too long. I guess it's still out on the streets?"

 

KyuHyun nodded, distracted again by his loose quiver strap. "Yeah, no way we were moving that thing on our own. Pity the cavalry's still down for the count."

 

"Cavalry?" Kevin asked, and there was a quiet noise from HyungJoon in the corner like he'd tried to swallow a snicker.

 

"That's it," JungMin was trying to sit up, ignoring RyeoWook's flailing to push him back down. "Come here KyuHyun, I'm going to string you up by your own bow and let the city pickers get you!"

 

"Maybe you should run KyuHyun, I don't think he's listening to doctor's orders right now," KyuJong laughed.

 

"He can dish it out but he can't take it very well, can he?" KyuHyun grinned. "Better rein him in, Saeng!" He took off down the hallway.

 

"How many horse jokes can KyuHyun make before JungMin catches him," YoungSaeng chuckled.

 

"You can't hide from me KyuHyun, I know where you live!" JungMin called, swatting the fussing RyeoWook away and making his way out the door, RyeoWook following after him.

 

KyuJong shook his head, finishing with the clean up before he pulled his pack on and looked at YoungSaeng. KiBum and Kevin had left not long after the others, leaving the two of them alone in the room. "How many times you think we're going to move like this before we head out again?"

 

"Depends on how long it takes JungMin to heal, and if we run out of supplies before then," YoungSaeng sighed, turning towards KyuJong. "I give it another day or two, then we'll need to get back on the trade route." His lips quirked into a tired smile when he realized they were alone, stepping closer. "Think you'll be okay indoors until then, Kyu yah?"

 

"Yeah... I think so," KyuJong nodded, looking over YoungSaeng's features. "If I'm feeling a little boxed in... I may need to wander the halls in the next place as well."

 

"Would you like company?" YoungSaeng murmured, hand lifting to brush lightly against KyuJong's cheek.

 

"Long as it's good company," KyuJong replied, leaning a little closer. "I may have an issue if you tell KyuHyun to go with me."

 

"If JungMin catches him he might volunteer by himself," the older man chuckled, looking up into KyuJong's eyes. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to KyuJong's lips, eyes closing.

 

KyuJong returned the kiss slowly, arm going around YoungSaeng's waist and holding him close. His head tilted slightly, the kiss deepening as he lost himself against YoungSaeng's lips. When he finally pulled away, he laughed a little nervously. "We should go... before they send someone up to see why we aren't down at the caravan already," he murmured.

 

YoungSaeng chuckled. "Especially since we're supposed to be the ones packing," he replied, fingers gently brushing through KyuJong's hair. He stepped back and adjusted his backpack again. "All right, let's go." He turned towards the door and headed out of the room.

 

*****************************************

 

They moved to the building RyeoWook had found and stayed there the rest of the day, taking some much-needed time to relax. KyuHyun and RyeoWook disappeared after lunch, taking up one of the empty rooms to practice archery. KiBum and Kevin explored, and YoungSaeng went scavenging with HyungJoon, leaving KyuJong with instructions to make sure JungMin rested. They regrouped before sunset, the room illuminated by a cheery fire as they talked.

 

Opinion was split on whether they should leave the next day. Another day to rest would benefit some of them, especially JungMin, but at the same time they needed to get back on the trade route. Even if they ended up staying in the city though, YoungSaeng wanted to move to another building.

 

"Why do we keep moving all over?" Kevin asked KiBum the following morning, the two youngest of the group sitting off to the side while the 'adults' talked. "Could just stay in this building."

 

"If there's anyone else in the city and has seen us, they'll know where to find us if people are coming in and out of the same building," KiBum said, knees drawn up to his chest. "By staying on the move, we have a better chance of no one finding where we're staying."

 

"We haven't seen anyone here though," Kevin blinked. "You think there's other people?"

 

"In a city this big, there's always people," KiBum nodded. "Not nice people either. The cities have a lot of materials and supplies and the city pickers are really territorial. I'm surprised we haven't seen any yet, but that's why Saeng wants to get out of here soon as we can."

 

"I guess…" Kevin glanced at them before shuffling a little. "Can we go walk around? The way they're talking, I don't think we're gonna move for another hour at least."

 

Glancing over to where his brother was still in a heated debate with JungMin, KiBum frowned and nodded. "Yeah, let's go see if we can get up to the roof," he said, quietly getting up to his feet and motioning Kevin to follow him out the door. Luckily no one seemed to notice their departure.

 

Once they were a couple hallways away, Kevin reached out and took KiBum's hand. "Kinda pointless for us to stay there, they probably wouldn't listen to what we said anyways," he chuckled quietly.

 

"Yeah, I've dealt with that pretty much my whole life," KiBum sighed. "The only thing hyung's ever listened to me about is joining a crew to stay safe. I think he'll always treat me like I'm seven years old."

 

"You're not though," Kevin looked at him. "I mean, we're not that much younger than them. Just a couple years. He'll have to let you help make decisions eventually."

 

"Doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon," KiBum said. "Some day, I'm going to show him that I can do things without him."

 

"Can I help?" They pushed into the stairwell, Kevin turning to look at KiBum with a small smile. "Even if I'm…not that great at doing things out here."

 

"... I wouldn't want you to get hurt," KiBum said, looking back at him. "But I'd take the help."

 

"I wouldn't want you to get hurt either," Kevin looked down at their linked hands. "If we end up moving to another building, we should sleep on the roof again tonight. It's kinda nice, just us."

 

"Yeah... it is," KiBum smiled a little. "And my brother snores so bad, it's nice not having to listen to that all night."

 

Kevin snorted at that. "Well, I didn't want to say it, but he kinda does. And JungMin and KyuHyun bickering while we're trying to sleep…could do without that either." He swung their hands back and forth slowly.

 

"Yeah... I'm really glad you joined us Kevin, I was going kind of crazy before you came along. I didn't have anyone to talk to or anything. Any time I tried to talk to my brother.. I don't know, he shuts even me out," KiBum said, looking down at the floor. "Sometimes I feel like I'm losing him."

 

Chewing on his lower lip, Kevin squeezed KiBum's hand lightly, wishing he knew how to help. It just didn't seem like HyungJoon wanted to talk with anyone. He spoke only when he had to, and even when they were all around the campfire the older brother was always sitting farther back, alone. "We should try to get him more involved with things…not let him sit off on his own all the time."

 

"You think that could work?" KiBum frowned. "Maybe we can start small, like getting him to like you? I'd be happy with that."

 

"Sounds like a start," Kevin nodded, smiling widely. "If he likes me, maybe he'll be…okay with us."

 

"One baby step at a time," KiBum chuckled, pulling Kevin in a little closer as they arrived at the stairs. He gave one glance back down the hall, hoping they would have a plan soon. From the sounds of the argument still going on, it probably wasn't going to happen for a while yet.

 

"Why are we even arguing about this? If Saeng says we move, then we move," JungMin said from where he was propped up against a wall.

 

"We've spent way too long in the city," HyungJoon replied, expression unhappy. "Moving to another building isn't enough."

 

"Normally I'd agree with you, but another day of rest would really help," KyuHyun countered from across the circle. "We get caught out on the road, and one of our best fighters is already half in the ground."

 

"Hey, I'm not dying," JungMin protested. "I can still kick your if I need to."

 

"One more night in the city won't make a bit of difference," KyuJong said. "We could be attacked no matter how many nights we stay here. We just stand a better chance if we stay here than if we went out on the road again."

 

"How do we stand a better chance? City pickers would know this place a lot better than we would," HyungJoon leaned back.

 

YoungSaeng sighed quietly, cutting off the arguments. "How about this, Joon. You and KyuHyun go out and find a new building, and while you're out there, scout around for trouble. If the area has been compromised, we'll leave the city. But if it's still secure, we'll move into the new building. Deal?"

 

"…" HyungJoon looked away, seeing he was outnumbered. "Fine."

 

"Well, now that that's settled, I think I want to take a look around this building, set up a bit of defenses for over night," KyuJong said. "I don't think any of us want to get caught surprised."

 

"Good idea," YoungSaeng nodded. "I'll help you with that once we're moved. Speaking of, let's get the caravan ready to go." He blinked, looking around the room. "We lost the kids."

 

"They probably got tired of listening to us argue," JungMin said, closing his eyes. "Wook will round them up before we go."

 

"... Why am I volunteered?" RyeoWook blinked.

 

"Because everyone else is busy," JungMin replied. "Unless you want to go with KyuHyun and HyungJoon, put those new bow skills to the test?"

 

"... They're probably on the roof again," RyeoWook muttered, glancing at KyuHyun before he left. "I'll go get them."

 

KyuHyun waved, slinging his bow over his shoulder and standing.

 

"How did that go, by the way?" YoungSaeng asked once RyeoWook was gone.

 

"He didn't put the arrow through his foot, so I'd say we're making progress," KyuHyun smirked, adjusting his strap. "Next time we'll work on holding the arrow against the string and not dropping it."

 

"Is it bad that I'm glad he's working on using a bow and arrow and not a gun?" JungMin said. "Don't get me wrong, he's a great cook and invaluable to the team, but I wouldn't put a weapon in his hand."

 

"What, a bow and arrow's not a weapon?" KyuHyun rolled his eyes.

 

"I think JungMin means, a bow and arrow could be less trouble than a gun," YoungSaeng chuckled. "I would feel better if he were comfortable with at least one weapon though. We keep him in the caravan, but it's impossible to keep something entirely out of danger."

 

"I still think he's better with a frying pan than he would be with a bow and arrow," JungMin shrugged.

 

"Then you can be the one to suggest it," KyuJong said, nudging YoungSaeng in the arm as he passed by on his way to the door. "Let's get going, so we're not here till sundown."

 

"Let me know what you find, and you, rest," YoungSaeng addressed first HyungJoon and KyuHyun, then JungMin, pointing a warning finger at the injured man before turning to follow KyuJong. "How are you holding up?" he asked the younger man, walking along beside him.

 

"Could be worse," KyuJong shrugged a little, hands behind his back as they walked towards the stair. "I'm sleeping better, that counts for something, right?"

 

"Am I taking some of the credit for that?" YoungSaeng asked, eyes dancing as he reached the door and held it open.

 

"You should," KyuJong chuckled, stepping through into the stairwell. When YoungSaeng joined him inside, KyuJong took YoungSaeng by the wrist to pull him a little closer. "What about you?" he asked, his other hand going to YoungSaeng's waist. "How are you holding up?"

 

Smirking, YoungSaeng lifted his free hand to brush locks of hair out of KyuJong's face. "I always hold up well. Though my bedroll is a little empty at night," he murmured, leaning in to press a kiss to KyuJong's lips.

 

"I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of you," KyuJong replied against YoungSaeng's lips. "Neither of us would get much sleep."

 

"I could live with that." YoungSaeng threaded his fingers into KyuJong's hair, deepening the kiss. He pulled back a minute later, smiling at the younger man. "The offer still stands."

 

KyuJong sighed a little when YoungSaeng pulled away, opening his eyes to look into the older man's. "...Maybe I—" he blinked, the smell of smoke reaching his nose. "We doused the fire already right?" he asked, breathing in again. "Do you smell smoke?"

 

Frowning, YoungSaeng breathed in as well. "…We douse the fire a while ago…it shouldn't smell so…" He let go of KyuJong and went to the stairs, leaning over to look down.

 

"It's coming from the lower floors," he looked back at KyuJong before running down the staircase. "Find the others and get them out, I'm checking on the caravan!"