Chapter 20

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

20

 

 

 

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yes, Ma’am. He personally sent that using his name”

“Park Juno…”

“Should we trust him, Unnie?”

“We don’t have any choice. We must accept everything we can get regarding the location of Lady Taeyeon.” Hyori leans on her chair. “As much as I hate the Park’s, I must say that Juno-ssi is the only one I kinda like.” Sungho said. “I guess we can trust him”

“But Oppa, Unnie we can’t just go there. We are not allowed to enter the Park’s place” Goori said. The three of them are inside Hyori’s office talking about a letter they received from their most hated enemy, the Park.

“Should we tell the others and the main family?”

“Call the main family, no wait.” Hyori stands up from her seat. “I will go there myself”

“Unnie, I’ll go with you”

“Fine”

 

 

 

 

“I can finally move my legs without falling down” Taeyeon told Soyeon. She proudly shows the woman that she can finally walk, albeit slowly but at least she can move properly already. “You’re really focused on leaving, huh?”

“I-it’s not like that… I uh”

“I’m just kidding Taeng. Jeez”

“Yah…”

After almost months of being together Taeyeon and Soyeon are already comfortable with each other. They spend most of their time together, well Taeyeon has no choice because of her condition while Soyeon doesn’t want to leave her alone. Her Grandfather told her to never leave Taeyeon’s side especially if the woman is outside the house. Nobody knows about Taeyeon’s real identity and they don’t want to reveal it yet. The only people who know about Taeyeon are Soyeon and her Grandpa and as much as possible they want that to just stay between them. Fortunately the people of the Island, the other members of the Park Family adores Taeyeon. She’s a fun and kind person and they are happy spending time with her whenever the woman is bored.

“You still can’t go anywhere you like without me, okay?”

“Yes, Mother”

“Jeez. If I was your mother I would totally smack you good. You are such a careless brat”

“Soyeon, enough with the nagging please? I wasn’t able to escape you when I was on the bed lying hopelessly but now I will totally run away and I don’t care about tripping!” Soyeon ruffles her hair. “You’re gonna miss me once you’re out of this place brat”

“You’re gonna visit me, right?”

“You know I can’t leave, Taeng”

“Why?”

“You… you really don’t know?”

“Don’t know what?”

“I’m a Pa-”

“Taeyeon-ssi, Lady Soyeon” A man in white coat slightly opens the door and peeks in. “Am I disturbing something?” he asked. “No, not at all Doc, Soyeon’s just being her naggy self as always” Taeyeon said. “Well, it’s good to see you standing on your own two feet Taeyeon-ssi” a wide smile escaped Taeyeon’s lips. “I have the best doctor with me”

“And apparently the best nurse too” he said pointing at Soyeon. “Meh” Taeyeon said jokingly. “Yah!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yes, Ms. Im. My man heard it directly from Ms. Hyori and Ms. Goori when they were entering the car”

“Tsk, this is a problem then. Of all people she has to end up with the Park.”

“So do you have any plan?” Siwon who was on his table playing with cards asked the restless Nana. “I’m thinking”

“We can just send my men and get her from that place you know?”

“It’s not easy. The Park and the Kim have been in war since I can remember and I don’t want to get in the middle of that deadly warzone”

“Who are they anyway?” Nana looks at Siwon. “They are the root of all of this mess”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah! Kim Seungho!”

“Haha I won Yuan-ah!” a man shouted while holding on to a thin rope with almost a dozen of fish attached.

“That’s not fair you pabo!”

“How is it not fair, Park Yuan?”

“Jeez” a pouting thinner in stature man walks up to Seungho. “That part of the lake has no fish”

“You picked that part” Seungho pats Yuan’s back. “Better luck next time, my friend. Come on we can give this to your Umma then we can celebrate”

“Your father will be furious if he knows you’re in our house again”

“He can’t tell me who to befriend and not. You are my best pal, Park Yuan”

The two young men have wide smiles on their face as they walk out of the forest to the village.

Kim Seungho is the only son of the Village Chief and he belongs to one of the most powerful families having a direct connection to the King. Meanwhile Park Yuan belongs to a family of merchants, the two men are known in the village because of their strong friendship and connection however the two families which they belong to  often have disagreements because the Park are often involved in illegal activities which puts too much problem on the Village Chief. Despite of the dispute the two men never let it get in the way of their friendship. They share their secrets to each other, even the darkest ones.

“You shouldn’t be in my grandma’s house too much, Seungho.”

“What? I treat her as my grandma too. She makes the best sweets”

“Seungho, you know my grandmother”

“It doesn’t matter. She may know things but she never hurts anyone.”

“Sigh~ I just want you to be careful even Umma prohibits me form meeting up too much with Grandmother”

“You have the best family, Yuan. I envy you.” Sadness is evident on Seungho’s face. “She would be proud of you” Yuan who is aware why his friend is being like that just patted Seungho’s back and offered him a warm smile.

 

 

 

“Where were you?” were the first words Seungho heard as soon as he stepped inside their house. His father who is a lot bigger than him or anyone, he thinks, is standing right in front of him with his usual serious face. “I just went fishing”

“With that Park Yuan again? I told you to stop being friends with him”

“Appa, whatever business his father has it doesn’t concern my friendship with Yuan. He is different from his father”

“It concerns you because it concerns out town! The Park’s are doing business with the Han’s again!”

“It’s their business why must we-”

“They are killing innocent people!” that shut the boy up. “I didn’t want to tell you this nor do I want you to find out. This is why I want you to avoid him. The Park’s and the Han’s are killing innocent people from the South who are in their way”

“Yuan doesn’t-”

“I’m sure he doesn’t know but sooner or later the palace will make a move and I’m afraid even Yuan will not be spared”

“Then we must stop them even before the palace interferes”

“Kim Seungho! This isn’t just a child’s play! This involves power, money, politics and… war”

“Are you sure it’s the Park’s?”

“No”

“Then how can you say so?!”

“We just need some proofs! Sigh~ I don’t know how they do it but every evidence disappears like some sort of sorcery is taking place”

“S-sorcery?”

“Sigh~ I know that thing doesn’t exist”

“I’m going to the South”

“What?!”

“I-I will prove that it isn’t the Park’s who are doing it”

“Have you lost your mind?!”

“He is my friend! And his family, they are good people!”

“Kim Seungho!”

“My decision is final”

 

 

 

 

“Yah, Seungho-yah”

“I need to go, Yuan-ah. I will be back before winter and maybe help you out with that lady you’ve been courting for months”

A blush appeared on Yuan’s face and his friend who is mounting his horse laughed. “I will be back my friend. I just have to do something back in the South”

“I heard there’s been an on-going conflict in there. Be careful Seungho-yah”

“I will. Yuan-ah?”

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you something? A favor?”

“Of course”

“Can you please ask your grandmother to stop any activities she’s doing right now?”

“What do you mean?” Seungho looks around, it looks safe. “The sorcery stuff”

“What? Why? Is she causing trouble?”

“Not really but I won’t be there to protect you or her if anything happens”

“What’s wrong, Seungho?”

“Just please? I need to do something first and I swear I will explain everything once I come back”

“Okay”

“I better go then. Take care my friend”

“Take care too” they shared a smile before Seungho leaves.

Unknown to them a man hidden in a corner was listening to their conversation.

 

 

 

“Ahh!” a punch landed on his cheek, probably the tenth he’s not really sure because with the number of punches the pain turns to numbness. “Speak!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Yuan shouted. Five big men are gathering around him. He was picked up and thrown at the ground like a trash. “Is your grandmother a witch?!”

“I told you, she’s not! She’s old but she is not a witch!” and a kick was their answer. “Whoever gave you that information is highly mistaken!” he shouted back with all he has left. “Oh? But Kim Seungho was the one who told us”

“W-what?” No, Seungho wouldn’t

“Yes, why did you think he left?”

“No! You’re lying!”

“No, unfortunately we’re not”

That voice sounded familiar. “Ch-Chief Kim” it was Seungho’s father. “Seungho was the one who told us about your grandmother” he said. “And right now my men are on their way to get her”

“No!” tears are falling from Yuan’s eyes. He is trying his very best to gather his remaining energy and maybe fight back and save his grandmother but he can’t move. “No, please!”

“Take care of him. We have to finish off the old witch when she gets here” Chief Kim said. “No!”

Attacks were continuously given to him, but instead of tears of pain, he was crying because of the feeling of betrayal. His only friend betrayed him… and his family.

 

 

 

“Welcome home, Master Seungho”

“Where is Appa? I need to talk to him immediately”

“H-he…” the servant looks afraid. “Where is he?”

 

 

 

“Stop this!” Seungho shouted as soon as he entered the village guards’ headquarters. He was in so much shock when he saw the body of an old woman lying on the ground covered with so much blood. “No” he whispered. He immediately runs to her side ignoring the shout of his own father.

“G-grandmother”

“Seungho-yah” she whispered weakly. “No, please. Forgive me” he was crying while holding her tightly. “It is not your fault. I know everything”

“Yuan, where is he?” she looks at the far

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter