009

Two hearts

" Home is where the heart is ; my heart is with you. "
 

Bang.

The sound of the gunshot echoed through the room. Kai didn't even bat an eyelid. The sound was comforting in a way- it reminded him the reason he shouldn't get attached to anyone. There was only one hole on the target, at the bullseye. Kai sighed as he took off the headwear and glasses. His heart was in a mess, just like how he always was.

He felt his phone vibrating and fished out the phone in annoyance. 

"What?"

"Hey kiddo, not a very nice way to say to me the first time in two months you spoke to me huh."

Hearing the caller's voice, a small smile finally spread across the guy's face.

"Hyung."


Kai made a right turn for the cafe as he hurried in. He was glad that his friend came back from China.

"So, what's up buddy?"

"Same old, Sehun is still as annoying as ever. Suho is still the naggy old woman. I'm living with a bunch of monkeys."

"No, I'm talking about you."

"What about me?" 

"You don't look good and the only reason is either because you are troubled or injured and I"m sure its not the latter because you don't seem to be bleeding anywhere."

Kai let out a sad laugh. Funny how this hyung of his always sees through him as though he was transparent.

"Everything is wrong. Choi Sarang is wrong."

The guy's ears perked up. Did he hear it wrong? He knew how the Choi family affected Kai in every way and judging from Kai's expression, he knew that he was troubled all because of the Choi's again.

"What about her?"

"Hyung, I met her. She's different. She's not like them. She's a good person, I know it, damn."

"You like her, don't you."

"No. I don't. Why does everyone keep saying that?" Kai was frustrated, not because of what his friends had told him but because he knew that they were right.

"You said she's a nice person, is she hot too?" 

"What the , Kris." Kai growled, only to be surprised by his own actions a millisecond later as he cleared his throat.

"You know it now. Bye kid, see you soon." Kris stood up with his tall figure and ruffled Kai's hair before stepping out of the cafe.


Kai. His birth name is Kim Jong In. Both his parents are dead. 

So he was that Kai. She had heard about his name somewhere before. No wonder it sounded familiar. Narrowing her eyebrows, she flipped through the five-paged document. After the incident the previous day, she had did some research on him by hacking into a profiling system. She found out almost everything about him, from his education, his orphange, to his date of birth, there was no lack of information but Sarang realised something was missing- How did his parents die?

She brought the cup of espresso towards . The taste of it was bitter, just the way Sarang's heart was.


Strolling along the park in the night breeze, Sarang regretted not wearing an extra layer of clothing. The night was getting cold but she had no intention of returning home.Maybe the chill could help clear her mind. She looked up to the sky. The cresent was covered partially by the clouds. Beautiful. Sarang thought aimlessly. She hummed a low tune but was cut off when she bumped into a figure. She immediately apologised and turn to leave but the person grabbed her wrist and tugged her body close to his.


The guy closed his eyes in bliss as he inhaled the intoxicating scent of hers. She always smelled good. She was his favourite scent, the faint smell of lavender. The girl struggled to get out of his grip but he held her closer.

"Just for a while more."

Sarang blinked. The body felt familar and warm. It felt like home. She was quite sure who the guy and stopped struggling as she leaned against his body. Its warm. She thought. She threw aside all her thoughts and doubts for now. She wouldn't think of them for now, no, she couldn't  think, not when her mind was flooded with a mixture of emotions. And not when she felt the forbidden feeling spreading across her cold heart.


 

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, it's been long since I last updated! Please comment and subscribe!