004

Two hearts

" Sometimes you make choices in life, and sometimes, choices make you. "

"Aren't you going to invite me for a drink?" Kai blinked a few times innocently. 

"That kind of aegyo don't work on me. Try harder." Sarang tapped on his shoulder mockingly and gave him a tiny smirk as she turned to enter her apartment. 

"And thanks for today, really." She added sincerely. 

That girl.

Kai chuckled loudly and he stepped backwards to make sure she got into her apartment safely. 

"See you tomorrow!" He called out.

"What tomorrow?!" Sarang's voice could be heard from the distance but Kai decided to ignore her as he grinned widely while shaking his head in amusement. 


 

Sarang ruffled her hair and stretched comfortably in bed. She had a good sleep without doubt as she climbed out of bed reluctantly to avoid another two hours of sleep.

Her phone on the table vibrated and Sarang dragged herself to view the text sent. 

Open the door. ;-) 

-Kai

Sarang snorted in disbelief as she decided to ignore the text and head to the bathroom to wash up. She tied up her long brown locks into a bun and started her daily wash up routine. Her phone vibrated again while she was wiping her wet face with a towel. 

It's freezing, please. 

-Kai

He wouldn't.

Sarang furrowed her eyebrows. She was certain the male would not turn up at her place this early in the morning but at that moment, she remembered him saying that he would see her the next day the previous night. Her heart skipped a beat as she made her way catiously towards the door. Sarang looked into the peep hole and grimaced when she saw that the male was indeed outside the door, shivering from the cold with a pink nose. 

Sarang paced back and forth repeatedly. She didn't want him to annoy her early in the morning but realise she had to let the guy in, he saved her thrice and it would be rude if she left him outside to freeze to death. 

She sighed as she finally opened the door and almost immediately, she found Kai seated comfortably on her couch, rubbing his hands repeatedly while blowing some air into them. She shook her head as she prepared a cup of hot cocoa for the guy. 

"What are you doing here at this hour? Its 7 in the morning!" Sarang hissed. 

"This taste heavenly. Damn, you should just open a hot cocoa store." 

"What are you doing here?" Sarang asked again.

"You have somewhere to go with me and some people to meet." He smiled innocently. 


"Gosh, tell me why am I here with you. Oh yeah, because you literally dragged me out of my house." Sarang commented sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. 

"Stop complaining, babe." Kai winked as he tugged on her harder to enter the underground lounge. 

"What the ? You didn't just 'babe' me." Sarang was disgusted at his choice of words. 

"Hyung, who did you call a babe?" A youthful looking guy walked towards Kai. He was slightly taller than Kai, much paler and was slimmer than Kai. 

"She's Sarang." Kai introduced, ignoring Sehun.

"My name's Sehun, or you can call me handsome oppa." Sehun scanned Sarang up and down and leaned towards Kai, 

"Wow, she's not bad. Hyung, where did you get her?" He whispered and received a blow at his ribs from Kai's elbow. 

"Suho." A distinctively shorter guy introduced himself with a fatherly smile. 

"Chanyeollie!" A deep voiced exclaimed and Sarang was slightly amused at the sight of the cute looking owner with a deep voice. 

"D.O or you can call me Kyungsoo." The guy had huge eyes and Sarang felt that it would bore holes into her if she looked at him any longer. 

"Baekhyun." The last guy gave her a kind smile. 

"We are half of Exo, including Kai, the other half is in China now, to attend to, ehm, yea some business." Suho explained. 

Sarang looked at the group of guys who seemed like overgrown kids and then turned to Kai for an explaination for his reason to let her meet them.

"C'mon, we are fun people to hang around with." Kai let out a light laugh. 

Sarang' thoughts stumbled. Was Kai offering her friendship? She wasn't sure but she was aware that she was starting to get closer to Kai and knew that he was not a bad person after she had gotten to know him. But friendship was something she had not had the opportunity to experience since the day she was born. 

Trust no one.

Her grandfather always reminded her.

Sarang looked at the group of guys with thoughts swimming around her head. 

What would it be like to have friends? People to care for and people that would care for you?  Would there be betrayal? Would there be trust? Would there be more people she would be afraid to lose? 

Sarang snapped out of her thoughts and immediately turned and hurried out of the underground lounge. 

It was too much for Sarang to handle. 


"What's wrong with her?" Sehun blurted. He had no intentions of being rude but the situation just made him dumbfounded enough to just blurt out his thoughts. 

Kai wasted no time and immediately dashed out of the place to chase after the runaway girl. He furrowed his brows as he thought carefully if anything offended Sarang. He sighed softly. The only way to know was to ask Sarang herself. 

 

 

Two updates today! Hopefully you liked this chapter! How's the story progressing? :-) Please comment and subscribe to show your support hehe. Thank you! ^^