011

Two hearts

" he reminds me of fire ; smoke fills my lungs and I can't catch my breath, the closer I get, the more I burn. "

 

" Get yourself prepared by 7pm, you're to attend Mr Kwon's charity party tonight. " The orders from her grandfather was firm and clear, Sarang knew she wouldn't be able to escape the dreaded party that awaits her. She hung up as she sighed inwardly. will I die today or tomorrow? She thought bitterly. 


 

"Kai, we'll have to meet Jae Myung tonight, at Mr Kwon's charity party." Sehun spoke as he stepped into the guy's room.

"What for?" Kai grimaced. If there anything he disliked, it had to be parties. He would rather spend time doing nothing than to waste his breath interacting with a bunch of two-faced idiots that up to people that might benefit them in any way. 

"He said he had some information on the Choi's.." Sehun hesitated for a moment before he spoke, "and Sarang's on the guest list too.." he continued catiously. 

Kai paused for moment upon hearing Sarang's name but quickly put on his facade and continued before leaving the room to prepare for the party, "Why are you telling me that useless information you idiot." 

"Because you are being the bigger idiot acting like you don't care." 


 

Sarang stared into her reflection. Sure, she was pretty and she knew it well but she honestly felt that she was the ugliest person at the moment, knowing that she was unhappy although once she stepped out of the room she would look like a lovely happy young lady, with a sweet smile plastered on her small face. 

The car ride to the venue was filled with silence and awkwardness till Sarang's grandfather spoke, 

"Make sure you don't make any mistakes tonight. Its an important event, don't stain my reputation with your ridiculous actions." 

"Yes, grandfather." Sarang stepped out of the limousine. Almost immediately, she attracted the attention of the media as they started questioning her about her fashion that night. 

In the limousine, Choi Min Hyuk let out a smirk. my, my. Let's see if you can survive tonight, Choi Sarang.


 

"Damn tie." Kai grumbled as he strided into the ballroom with Sehun, Kris and Luhan behind him. The rest of Exo was already in the ballroom since an hour ago, observing the situation of the ballroom and reporting to them timely. 

"When-" Kai paused his sentence when he spotted a familiar back of someone

Sarang.

Her name caused Kai's heart to skip a beat but he cleared his throat before asking his question again. 

"When do we meet Jae Myung?" But there was only one thought his mind- Sarang looked gorgeous that night. 

"8pm, in the VIP room at the basement." Luhan answered but noticed that Kai was obviously distracted. He followed his gaze as it fell on a girl. Luhan thought that she was beautiful but his eyes widened when he realised the girl was in fact Sarang.

After Kai left to make his way towards the VIP room, Luhan turned and head towards Sarang, whom he noticed seem uncomfortable in the midst of the crowd. It was more than obvious that socialising was not Sarang's thing and the man chuckled and he stepped forward to introduce himself. 

"I'm Luhan, Kai's friend." He gave a warm and friendly smile as he held out his hand for a handshake.

Sarang blinked as she looked up to meet eyes with the doe-eyed good looking man. She took his hand warily as she opened to speak, 

"Sarang. Choi Sarang." 

"I know, I'd heard alot about you." 

Sarang gave him a nod as she turn to leave but was held back when Luhan grabbed her by the wrist but let go of it almost immediately. 

"Maybe you would like to stay with me for the moment. Kai will be back soon." As time passed, Luhan was starting to get intrigued by the beauty in front of him. Sarang was a careful person and was catious about her words. 

"Its better for me to stay quiet." Was what she would say whenever Luhan tried to engage her into a deeper conversation. Luhan smiled gently, finding himself comfortable with the company of Sarang but furrowed his brows when he realised that there were a few suspicious looking people around them since the moment he introduced himself to her. They had never left his sight. he felt his heart raced a little as he saw one of them slowly fishing a gun out of his back pocket and positioning it, aiming towards their direction. 

"Sarang! Duck! " 

Was the only two words heard before the deafening gunshot echoed through the ballroom.


 

 

 

 

Hey people, I AM ALIVE. Its been so long since I last updated because I had been really busy with school, homework, tuition, tests, you name it. Gosh its almost 3am now but I really wanted to update the story so here it is! Hope you enjoy the chapter! Please comment and subscribe!