014

Two hearts

" humans are the cancer of the earth." 


"Luhan.." Sarang was at a loss for words. Deep down, she knew that whatever Luhan was talking about completely made sense but she did not expect those words coming out from the boy's mouth. The angelic looking boy knew much more to life than she expected.

The girl walked over to the table at the corner of the room and comfortably leaned against it.

"You had taken me by surprise." Sarang declared after the long pause of silence. Upon seeing Luhan's puzzled expression, she continued,

"I didn't know you could have thought of such words but there's something you have to remember, Luhan," she looked away, "I can't matter because once I think for myself, others won't benefit from it." 

Luhan exhaled loudly. Sarang was too selfless for her own good and what's worse was that she was not aware of it. He opened his mouth to protedt but was cut off when Sarang held up a file, her expression showed that she was not pleased with the information she had obtained from the file.

"Ayato.. why do you have his profile..?" 

. Forgot about the files on the table.

"It's not important. We were just researching about some Japanese people and his profile happened to be there." 

Sarang almost rolled her eyes upon hearing such a ridiculous excuse because she knew better than that. Ayato was a key leader in one of the top mafia groups in Japan. They dealt with anything from drugs, illegal gambling dens to e rings. 

"Yea because a top leader of a mafia group is just another Japanese citizen you guys randomly decided to do a research on." 

Luhan could not help but to stifle a laughter aftering hearing her sarcasm and sass. Sarang was really one of a kind. 

"I actually have some connections with him..." 

Luhan's ears perked up. Connections? Sarang? A plan was quickly formulating in his mind but he mentally smacked himself for even having such thoughts. How could he risk Sarang's safety by getting her involved in all their disgusting dramas? 

"And I could do you guys a favour. What do you need to do with him?" Sarang did not particularly like Ayato knowing exactly what kind of person he was but she would not mind interacting with him if it could help Exo in any way. 

"Sarang.." Luhan's expression was serious if not, stern. 

"Come on, I'll take you home." He tugged on her arm as he led her to the door of the apartment. 


"Thank you.." Sarang stepped out of the car and bowed before turning to leave. 

"Sarang..! Remember, I'm a friend." Though out of character, Luhan wanted to make sure Sarang knew that she was not alone and could rely on him when she needs help. Sarang broke into a small, gentle small as she nodded, 

"Drive safely." 

Luhan thought that the girl should certainly smile more often. She looked wonderful. 


"Hyung..!" Luhan was approached by an anxious looking Kai the moment he stepped into the underground basement. 

"Did anything happen to her? Is she alright? What happened?" 

"Woah, chill buddy. I thought I told you she's alright." 

Kai sighed as he plopped down to the nearest couch. 

"But Kai, she mentioned about having connections with Ayato.."  Luhan started. He knew that Kai was not going to take this well. 

"What about Sarang knowing Ayato?" Suho stepped in at this moment. Upon hearing the name of the person Exo was chasing after for ages, he could not help but the perk up when he heard his name. 

"Could she-" Suho was cut off before he could even complete his sentence.

"No, hyung. We can't. . No." Kai's gaze was anxious. They could not make use of her. Especially not when Ayato is such a dangerous being. 

Luhan was right on the bullseye. Kai was not taking it well. In fact, Luhan was secretly agreeing with Kai. Sarang was a kind person but they could not make use of that. Moreover, it was not fair to Sarang if she were to get hurt from helping them. 

Suho glanced at Kai. He sighed inwardly. He knew that it was not the best idea for Sarang to help them with her connections but it wasn't a bad one either. Suho was confident that Exo could ensure her safety. Also, it's been almost a year since they had been tracking Ayato down. The Japanese man always had his ways to get away each time Exo had him by his tail. It was indeed frustrating. Now that an opportunity was right in front of them, would it be wrong to take it? 

It was going to be a long evening of persuading Kai for Suho. 


 

 

Hey peeps! I had actually been quite demoralised by the fact that there has been no subscribers and comments lately and also the fact that people unsubscribed :-( is there any improvements I can make? Subscribers and comments really motivate me to write haha. Thank you to those who have been supporting this story and I hope you enjoy this chapter!