003

Two hearts

" You're like the snow ; Beautiful but cold. "
 

Kai made his way back to his apartment after he was done meeting with Exo to settle some business. It was past midnight and walking by the alley where he first encountered Sarang, the guy couldn't help but to think of her.

Is she alright? How's her injury healing? Should I call her?

Just when the male was about to scream in frustration due to his overwhelming concern for the mysterious girl, he felt the device in his jean pocket vibrate. His eyes widened when he saw who the dialer was.

Sarang.

Kai took a moment to compose himself before clearing his throat and answering the call.

"Missed me?" his tone was playful. Kai couldn't deny the fact that he was happy since the girl had contacted him first. He wouldn't have to put down his damned ego to call and express his concern for her but his train of thoughts was soon cut off when he heard her urgent voice.
"Help." 

One word and it set Kai off to running towards a direction of nowhere.

"What happened? Where are you?" 
"The convenience store around the corner of the 7th street. I'm stuck here,someone's stalking me."

Kai hanged up the phone and ran towards the store even faster.


Sarang glanced out of the window. 2 hours. 2 hours since the man had been outside waiting for her since she entered the store after sensing that he was following her. Sarang had thought herself to be paranoid but proved herself wrong when the man didn't leave after 2 hours. It was too much of a coincidence.

She fiddled with her phone as she groaned in frustration. She didn't want to trouble anyone but the situation was getting on her nerves. She had no idea why she was hiding from the man but decided it was wiser to do so in case he was another person hired to kill her, her previous injury was in the midst of healing and she could not afford another one in the meantime. Staring blankly into her contact list, she cursed under her breath and swore that she wouldn't forgive herself as she pressed on Kai's contact and waited for him to answer the phone.

Half of her hoped that he wouldn't picked up the phone but the other half hoped that he would so that she could find a way to get out of the damned convenient store with his help. Kai answered the phone after the third ring and she knew she would get some rest that night.


The doors of the store opened abruptly with the loud ringing of the bells hunged on the handles. Kai looked around the store urgently as he panted heavily and made his way when he spotted Sarang behind the rack of snacks.

"What's going on?"
"That man outside had been following me since I got off my part time work. I thought I was being paranoid but it doesn't seem so since it has been 2 hours and 15 minutes since he was outside." Sarang was somewhat relieved. She was tough but she could not handle the feeling of being stalked.
"What?! 2 hours and 15 minutes? Are you kidding me?" Kai knew better to get her out of the store as soon as he could. Sarang looked exhausted and he saw her yawn for the nth time since his arrival.
"Let's get you out of here."
Sarang nodded eagerly but gave him a questioning look as if she was asking him how.
Kai started ping his jacket and stuffed it into the girl's hands.
"Wha-?"
"Wear it and the hood too."
"But its so cold outside, how-"
"I'll be fine. Quick."

Sarang wore his jacket and marvelled at the warmth and scent of it but was dragged out by Kai as he placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. They made their way out of the man's sight quickly and both heaved a sigh of relief when they managed to get out of his sight. Sarang started taking off his jacket instinctively but was stopped by Kai.
"It's okay, you're cold." the guy started walking off.
"Where are you going?!" Sarang called after him as she quickly chased after him.
"Walking you home, dumb." 
"And your legs are really short, can't you walk faster?" 
Sarang opened to return a snarky comment but closed it eventually when she saw the playful smile etched on Kai's face. After all, he did save her again,for the third time. She found herself slowly returning a small smile and she hurried and fastened her footsteps.

"See,you do know how to smile, don't you?" Kai teased.
"You little-!" Sarang broke into a wide grin and she chased after the male who had started running further away from her.

Little did Sarang realise that she had not smiled the way she just did for a long time.

 

 

It's been so long since my last update oops but I guess I was getting real busy and lazy but the story has always been on my mind hehe. Once again, please comment and subscribe and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you ^^