005

Two hearts

" give me your love, I'll give you everything. "

"Sarang!" Kai called out as he ran along the pavements.       

Damn, where is she?

Kai bit his lip as he looked around the area, squinting his eyes in hope of finding the girl. He paused when he spotted brown locks of hair flowing flawlessly from a girl's head. It was too familiar and he knew it was Sarang. The guy had spent a long time staring at her hair, noticing how soft, flawless and lovely her brown locks were and couldn't help but to think Sarang was similar in that way. 

He strided towards the girl and spun her around just to stare at her well kept poker face, but her eyes had shown otherwise. Sarang's face was like the first time he encountered her, emotionless but as always, her eyes spoke when her face didn't. The dullness in her eyes kept Kai awared that the girl was unhappy.

"What's wrong?" Kai's voice was laced with concern. He knew that he was showing too much concern for the girl but brushed the thought aside when he knew that Sarang was indeed upset, and that the reason was most likely because of him.

"Nothing." The girl simply stated as though it was a matter of fact.

Kai groaned. He almost forgot how Sarang was- stubborn, strong and cold. The girl was too stubborn and strong for her own good, refusing to let others have glimpse of her weak side. She had always masked her true emotions well under her signature poker face. 

"Yea it's totally nothing because you just stomped out of the place after I said something. Why are you acting like this?" He had grabbed her wrist in the moment of frustration and caused the girl to whimper from his iron grip but Kai was too caught up in his emotions to notice the pain he had unknowingly inflicted on Sarang.

Sarang stared blankly at the male before her.

No.

She couldn't. She knew how the people who had so kind heartedly made the effort to know her ended up in the worst possible scenerios. She could not afford to let Kai and his group of friends end up with the same fate. It was obvious that Exo was an important part of Kai and towards someone who had saved her thrice and actually made her happy in the longest time, she knew she couldn't. She could not risk putting them in dange just because of the little comfort that she could receive from the friendship they offered her.

"I said that it was nothing, okay?" Sarang gave the guy the hardest glare she could muster.

"Stop trying to change me, don't. I'm meant to be alone. You can't be around me, you shouldn't. I'm dangerous, you will be in danger. Okay?!" It wa the last straw, Sarang had enough. All the emotions were getting the worst out of her.

"You  are the one trying to change me, Sarang. I had never given two s to a person to be caught up in some chase and run situation. I had never ran faster than I ever did for someone just because she was being stalked. I don't just help people, Sarang, but I helped you, thrice. What are you doing to me? I'm offering you friendship because I can't afford to let you get hurt. If I was worried about being caught up in danger, I wouldn't have stuck around you. I don't know, damn it, you tell me."

Sarang was taken aback. She did not deserve all of this. Friendship. Help. Kai. Exo.

"I can't get attached to people, I don't want to lose them." Sarang whispered. Her walls she spent all her life building so high were crumbling down within seconds in front of Kai. She hated it. She was supposed to be strong, not acting like a weakling in front of people. She hated how Kai managed to make her weak within such a short period of time. She hated how she was incapable of protecting Kai when she wanted to. She hated how Kai wanted to stay even after knowing that it meant danger to be around her.

Kai blinked. Somehow that sentence was cruelly familiar. It was the sentence he always reminded himself - not to get attached to people in order not to lose them.

How ironic.

The sentence he lived his life constantly reminding himself had backfired him. He chuckled sadly as he gazed softly at Sarang.

Why are we so similar yet so different?

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5!!! IM NEVER TYPING ON MY IPOD AGAIN ITS SO TERRIBLY LAGGY GOSH. But that aside, i hope you enjoy this chapter and like the story so far! Once again, please comment and SUBSCRIBEE! Thank you! ^^