001

Two hearts

"Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive."

 

Pushing herself to run faster, Sarang turned her head back just to curse under her breath.

.

They were still chasing after her. Sarang knew that her injured self could not make the distance far enough to completely get rid of the bodyguards and she was down to only one option- to find a place hide her sorry . 

She blamed herself for letting her guard down just because she was free from all these ridiculous chasing for a few days. 

They are probably sent by Mr Lee. 

The girl furrowed her eyesbrows in frustration and annoyance and she staggered her way to a dark alley, where thankfully her slim body would be difficult to be seen in the dark night. She clutched her mangled arm and winced. She had worser injuries but this particular one wasn't light either. 

Her eyes snapped opened when she heard the sound of footsteps but it was obvious that it belonged to a single person and Sarang prayed that it wasn't one of the bodyguards who found her. 

"What are you doing here?" The voice was deep and though not intentional, seductive. 

Sarang swore that her heart almost leapt out of her chest but was at the same time relieved that it wasn't the bodyguards. 

"I could ask you the same." She spat. Sarang was in no mood to entertain the nonsensical question thrown by a passer-by that was probably being a busy body.

"Damn chill. You are bleeding alot. Are you okay?" The owner of the voice was surprised to witness such a sight. Blood and injuries were nothing new to the guy but he was slightly in awe with the girl who was taking the injury so calmly. She was certainly not a typical girl, he was sure. 

"FIND THE ING GIRL. DAMN IT." It was no doubt the owner of the voice was in total rage. 

Sarang's breath hitched as she looked up at the guy urgently. She needed him to keep quiet at all cost. 

"I'm guessing that 'ing girl' is you." The guy was slightly amused. Who was this girl exactly? 

"Shush." Sarang hissed. The least thing she wanted was to get caught because of a mere busybody. 

However, the quick footsteps of the bodyguards was getting louder and Sarang was starting to get very worried. She could fight them off instead of running away like the coward she wasn't if only that damn dude of a bodyguard didn't decide to throw a knife at her arm. 

The guy seemed to sense the familiar situation and instinctively, an idea flashed across his mind. He decided that he wanted to save the interesting girl in front of him. 

"Don't kick my balls." He whispered.

Sarang blinked at his absurdity but her eyes widened immediately when she felt a pair of soft, moist lips crashing on her own. She told herself to access the situation calmly and convinced herself that the guy must have had a reason to kiss her out of nowhere. She then realised that the guy probably kissed her to save her from the bodyguards and she admitted that she was impressed with his quick thinking but grimaced when she was reminded that she just met lips with a complete stranger. 

"Hey! You! Did you see an injured girl running around here?" One of the bodyguards spoke from a distance. 

"What girl sir? Don't come interrupting any moment as if its your own. I'm trying to have a good time here with my girl. Now, don't disturb us." The guy replied smartly. 

"What did you say?!" The burly man was enraged by the guy who dared to talk back to him. 

"We don't have time for people now, Tan, let's find the girl first." Another bodyguard pulled him away. 

Hidden in the darkness, Sarang heaved an audible sigh of relief when they had left far enough for Sarang to know that she was safe.

Finally

She had never thought that she could have gotten out of the mess that day. 

She turned to face the guy. 

"What's your name?" Under the faint moonlight, Sarang could make out the features on his face. The guy was certainly good looking and she could tell from their close proximity that the guy was lean but muscular. 

"Why? Fell for me at first sight?" He gave her a grin. 

Dear Lord, his smile is gorgeous.

Sarang forgot to breathe for a moment but snapped out of her thoughts quickly as she decided that she disliked the guy already despite his great looks. The guy was cocky and full of ego, exactly what she particularly disliked. 

"I was just going to thank you, dumb." Sarang couldn't help but to roll her eyes.

"The name is Kai. And yours? " The jackass was still giving her the same grin. 

"Sarang. Thank you Kai." Sarand turned to leave. For a moment she forget about her injury and swung her arm and almost immediately she clutched it and hissed in pain, not to mention, she was getting dizzy from the blood loss.

Sarang swayed for a moment before she came crashing towards the ground just to be caught by a pair of arms before she hit flat. 

"Sarang... Who are you exactly?" Kai sighed as he carried her with ease and made a dash towards his apartment. 

 

 

 

First chapter! How was it? Hopefully it didn't bore you out already haha. Please comment and subscribe! Thank you ^^