010

Two hearts

" you only miss the sun when it starts to snow. "

this is wrong.

That was all Kai could think of but he forced himself to place the thought at the back of his mind. He snuggled closer into the crook of her neck. All his life, he had never thought the day would come when he never want to learn about the truth. He finally understood why people say that sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

"Kai, I-" Sarang was taken aback by the guy's actions.

"Shh." His voice calmed Sarang down. Peaceful and low.

After what seemed forever for Sarang, Kai let go off her. He lowered his head in the darkness, which was slightly illuminated by the faint moonlight. He clenched his fist tight as he made a decision. 

this.

He grabbed the girl's chin and swiftly crashed his lips into hers. Half expecting the girl to shove him away, he was surprised when the girl had returned the kiss with the same amount of passion. Kai's hand had travelled over her back to cup her head softly as the other hand held her waist dearly. 

Sarang broke the kiss firstly, slightly out of breath. Murmuring against his lips, she whispered,

"Kai... what are we...?" 

The guy looked at the girl. She was beyond beautiful, both in and out. Kai knew that he was falling hard for the girl in front of him but he could not give the girl his reply. 

"I... I don't know." His voice was still low, if not, careful.

He took a step back as Sarang pushed him away gently. 

"We can't do this, you know it, Kai.." Sarang shook her head desperately, her eyes filled with the look of worry.

Kai swallowed hard. Of course he knew they could not be doing this. He of all people knew it the best. He had to protect Sarang in any way he could. Staying beside him would only bring her greater danger. 

"Look, I'm sorry for that. I-I gotta go." Kai brushed against her as he quickened his footsteps to get away from the girl. 


Sarang stood still, still slightly taken aback by the turn of events. She smiled bitterly.

I should have known better.

Her heart clenched in an awful manner. Sarang felt sick. 

It's okay. They all have to leave someday.

Unknowingly, a single tear trickled down her pale face as she turned to head home. 


She dragged her exhausted body towards her bed as she leaned towards the side table to switch on the bed lamp. She settled comfortably underneath her blanket and stared blankly at the ceiling. 

Why is he acting like this? 

The change in the guy's behaviour was a little too obvious to not have noticed but Sarang couldn't really put her finger to the reason he was acting oddly. Something sparked in her mind as she remembered it was after he knew she was Choi Sarang. She gulped and kept her fingers crossed as she prayed that Kai and his family was not another victim of the vicious grandfather of hers. 

Oh, how she despised herself for being the granddaughter of Choi Min Hyuk


Kai stomped into the room. All he wanted to do now was to get into the cold shower to clear his head full of thoughts. Never in his life was he so doubtful about his emotions and feelings.

"Damn boy, did something happen? Chill dude." The baby faced man was surprised to see Kai in this state, especially when he just came back from China and was recovering from the tiring plane ride. 

"Now, now, who made our Kai this way?"

"Nothing happened and no one made me this way, Lu Han, Chen." Kai gritted his teeth as he gave them a hard stare before sighing in defeat uoon seeing their questioning looks.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Really, nothing happened, alright?" 

"Well, if you say so.." the guys knew better than to pry into Kai's personal matters. They knew that the guy had a clear line between what he wanted to tell them and what he wanted to keep to himself. Judging from facial expression, the 11 guys sitting around the living room decided to to question him any further. 


Sehun and Kris looked  at the boy in concern but decided to stay silent. Both of them knew exactly who made the latter this way and sighed softly. Sarang was turning Kai into a soft person. Though it was not harmful but it wasn't exactly helpful either- Kai had to be strong hearted and minded if he wanted to continue surviving in the messed up world they were caught up in. In other words, Sarang was eventually going to be a threat for Exo.


 

 

I updated today too! Its been such a tiring day for me and I just came back from the airport hahaha, wonder how I get the energy to write the story today but nevertheless, hoped you enjoyed the chapter! Please comment and subscribe!