012

Two hearts

" The saddest word in the world is 'almost' - he almost loved her ; he almost stopped her; she almost waited; he almost lived; they almost made it. "

 

The bullet missed Sarang's forehead and shot straight through the glass windows. If it was anything, Sarang was lucky. If she was a millisecond later, the bullet might have just shot straight through her head. Accessing the situation, Sarang was pretty sure who was the one trying to kill her- she swore that she saw a smirk on her grandfather's face before stepping out of the limousine an hour ago.

" that old man." She hissed and immediately stood up to find her grandfather just to get tugged by the wrist and fall down quite ungracefully.

"Are you crazy?! There might still be people with the guns around." Luhan's voice was urgent but he paused when he saw Sarang's eyes burn with anger and discomfort. 

"Someone's trying to kill you." It was a statement more than a sentence. 

"Yes and I have to find him." 

"Who?" 

"My grandfather."

"Why?" 

"He's probably pretty pissed now since the bullet didn't go through my head." Sarang gave a small smirk before giving Luhan a reassuring pat on his shoulders and making her way to the exit, more careful this time.

Luhan stared at Sarang's back figure leaving the room. The girl was either crazy or just too fearless for her own good. He pressed on the device on his ear, 

"heads get your asses over the entrance, we have something to do." 


"What's happening?" Kai asked. The entire ballroom was in total chaos. Shrieks and screams could still be heard. It was getting annoying. 

"We have to find Sarang. Her grandfather wants her dead." Luhan started moving out of the ballroom. They had to be quick, or something bad might just happen to Sarang. 

Kai felt his heart drop. He should have looked out for Sarang. Now that she was in danger, Kai was cursing himself for not ensuring her safety. He rushed out of the room, pacing Luhan. 

"Lay, track Sarang down. I have her number, here." Lay nodded as he started tracking Sarang down. 

"She's nearby, hurry!" Lay lead the way to Sarang. 


"Sarang." Kai hissed. He was relieved but he was so worried. He was happy that Sarang was safe but he was so mad at her for being so reckless about her own safety.

"Kai, what-" Sarang was interrupted as she crashed into a warm, sweaty body.

"What were you thinking?! You could have gotten killed, you know?!" 

"Does it matter, Kai?" Sarang's voice was bitter. She pulled out from his embrace and gazed into eyes with a trace of sadness.

"No Kai, it doesn't." She gave him a bittersweet smile before turning to leave. 

Kai looked longingly at her.

"It does, Sarang, it does matter." He whispered, but of course, no one heard him. He wanted Sarang to be safe, he didn't want her dead. He was insecure, he was afraid. But he put on a facade, he turned to his friends,

"Let's go." 

The rest followed hesistantly, unsure of the current situation. Sehun sighed. This wasn't going anywhere. The two had to clear things out before the situation gets too messy. He stayed behind, sending a text to Kai, saying that he had some things to settle. He went towards the opposite direction- he had to find Sarang.


"Sarang!"

The girl turned upon hearing her name. She was surprised to see Sehun panting hard but was even taken aback to find him looking for her.

"We need to talk."

Sarang didn't want to but she didn't say more. She followed Sehun to a nearby cafe and entered it as he held the door for her.

"I'll have a chocolate frappe." Sehun told the waitress and looked at Sarang questioningly, as if to ask her what she wanted for a drink.

"Americano, thanks."

Sehun was slightly amused. Even her tastebuds are similar to her personality. Bitter and unique.

"Sarang, what happened just now?"

"Nothing much." the girl was calm.

"You mean, your grandfather trying to kill you was nothing?"

"You already know what happened, so why ask?"

Sehun let out a small, amused expression. Sarang was not only calm but she was confident with her words, she had no filter, not caring about how her words may sound offensive or so, but Sehun liked that. Honest was better than being two-faced and beating around the bush.

"What's going on between you and Kai?" 

Sarang was taken aback but she did not let her expression show. She was thankful for the waitress that came at that exact moment as she didn't know jow to reply to Sehun's question. 

But really, what is going on between us? 


 

 

 

Hello! I updated today too! And also, I started on a new story so I hope you'll take a look. Its called "It's okay, it's love.". It is based on the drama "It's okay, it's love" and the drama is really good and I loved it so I decided to turn it into a story. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Once again, please comment and subscribe! thank you!