#07

Young Master Nam

"L!" Sunggyu watched as Sungyeol ran with full speed towards his younger brother and embraced him tightly in his arms. "Where have you been? I missed you so much!" Sungyeol whined loudly, earning stares from everyone around them. 

 

"We've only been apart for 2 hours, Yeollie."

 

"2 hours are like eternity to me!" 

 

Sunggyu chuckled as he watched enviously when the two interact. He wanted to be like that with Woohyun too, but ever since they grew up, and when the younger had a girlfriend recently, he felt that everything was different. He felt that he lost his position as Woohyun's favourite person, he felt that he wasn't needed by Woohyun anymore.  

 

"Hyung?" Sunggyu snapped out of his thoughts when Woohyun appeared right in front of him, holding the hands of his girlfriend. 

 

He looked at that stupid grin on Woohyun's face, to the smiling girl then to their connected hands. His heart clenched tightly as though it was about to explode and his tears threatened to fall but he took a deep breath to steady himself before opening his mouth.

 

"Hi." 

 

"I just wanted to introduce Jiae to you, Hyung!" Woohyun released the grip on Jiae's hand and stood next to Sunggyu, facing his girlfriend. 

 

"Ji!" Sunggyu almost winced at the nickname Woohyun made for the girl. "This is my butler, Sunggyu Hyung!" Woohyun placed his arm around Sunggyu's shoulder rather proudly. 

 

"And you must be Jiae." Sunggyu held out his hand for a friendly handshake, but Jiae just stared at him weirdly. Woohyun and Sunggyu both looked at Jiae in confusion. 

 

"My mom told me that I can't shake hands with someone of a lower status." Jiae explained and Sunggyu retracted his hand back slowly. 

 

"What do you mean someone of a lower status?" Sungyeol interrupted the conversation angrily. "Sunggyu Hyung is not someone of a lower status! How could you say that!" 

 

Sunggyu looked over to Woohyun who had a frown on his face, but he was disappointed that his young master did nothing to help him. 

 

Maybe, I'm really just a butler to him. 

 

Sungyeol looked like he was about to pounce on the girl and tear her apart when Sunggyu cleared his throat loudly. "Have a nice time together, Mr Nam and Miss Yoo, we shall get going." Sunggyu bowed deeply before turning to pull the angry Sungyeol and equally pissed Myungsoo away. 

 

Mr Nam?

 

Woohyun knew that Sunggyu would never call him that unless he was really upset. Woohyun knew that what Jiae said hurt Sunggyu. He knew he was hurting, but he did nothing to help and he felt useless. But Jiae was his first girlfriend, he didn't want to lose her so soon.

 

Sunggyu hyung.. He would never leave me, he would still be by me no matter what. I will apologise to him when I'm home later and he'll forgive me.. Right?

 

 

-

 

 

Sunggyu told Myungsoo and Sungyeol that he needed time on his own after walking away from the couple. The two nodded in understanding and left for home while Sunggyu sat on the bench of the basketball court as he stared into blank space. 

 

"Hyung!"

 

Sunggyu turned and saw Ricky sitting next to him with a grin on his face. 

 

"Hey." Sunggyu smiled. 

 

"What's wrong, Hyung?"

 

"Everything." Sunggyu sighed.

 

"Let me make you laugh!" Ricky said excitedly as he pulled out poker cards from his pocket and attempted magic tricks for the older. 

 

After a while, Sunggyu started to soften up and forgot all about the earlier incident. He laughed at the failed attempts of the younger, wondering if the younger did it on purpose just to make him laugh. 

 

Jiae and Woohyun on the other hand was walking past the basketball court hand in hand when Woohyun stopped abruptly. Jiae followed his gaze to the basketball court where two boys were laughing heartily. "Ricky?" 

 

That feeling is back. That feeling where Sungjong had Sunggyu's attention. That feeling where Sunggyu fussed about Myungsoo when the boy was sick. "That's your brother?"

 

"Yeah, what is he doing with someone of a lower status." Jiae folded his arms in front of her chest. 

 

Woohyun fumed when he heard Jiae said that sentence. His hyung was definitely not someone of a lower status. "Hyung's not someone of a lower status. You are the one with the lower status."

 

"What did you say?" Jiae blinked her eyes, wanting to confirm with Woohyun if she have heard what he said correctly.

 

"I said. Hyung is not someone of the lower status. You are, you are the one with a lower status!"

 

"I'm Yoo Jiae! How can my status be lower than that butler of yours!" Jiae screeched. 

 

"Sunggyu Hyung is not just a butler! He's the most important person to me! And I considered him a Nam. A Nam that is more influencing than your family." Woohyun said between his gritted teeth. "Let's just end here Jiae, if you can't respect Hyung, then I don't think we'll be able to continue our relationship."

 

"So be it! You don't even know what's the different statuses. Idiot." Jiae stomped off angrily.

 

 

-

 

 

"Thank you, Ricky." Ricky turned to look at Sunggyu, raising his eye brows. "Thank you for making me laugh, I needed that." Sunggyu smiled as he patted Ricky's head.

 

"Come on, I'll send you home." Ricky stood up and brushed the dust off his pants and Sunggyu did the same.

 

"Don't be silly, I should be the one sending you home." Sunggyu said as he sling his bag over his shoulder when they walked out of the basketball court.

 

Ricky stopped abruptly, causing Sunggyu to bump into the younger and quickly held the younger to stable themselves. "Hyung, is that a dead body?" Ricky used his hand to covered his eyes but stared through the gaps between his fingers. 

 

"Don't be silly, why will there be a dead body in school?" Sunggyu chuckled but gulped down his saliva as they approached closer to the legs that were sticking out from one of the corners. 

 

The "dead body" shifted and curled his body up like a prawn as he slept and the scene was too familiar to Sunggyu. The butler knelt down beside the body and slowly turned the body so that it was lying supine on the floor. "Woohyun?" Sunggyu sighed in relief and started to shake the younger, causing the younger to wake up.

 

"Why are you sleeping here?" Sunggyu asked as he helped the younger up and dusted his pants off and adjusted his hair so that they were not sticking out weirdly.

 

"I was waiting for you, hyung." Woohyun rubbed his eyes and pouted cutely and for a moment, Sunggyu forgot all about the boy standing right behind him watching the scene.

 

"Oh, Woohyun, meet my friend, Ricky."

 

"Hi." Woohyun smiled half heartedly, which was caught by Sunggyu.

 

"Hi, you're my noona's boyfriend, right?"

 

"Not anymore."

 

Both Sunggyu and Ricky stared at Woohyun with their eyebrows raised.

 

"I didn't want to date anyone that demeans hyung." Woohyun lowered his head in guilt. He was guilty for not helping the older earlier the first time. 

 

"It's okay, Woohyun ah.." Sunggyu smiled lovingly at Woohyun.

 

"It's not okay. Hyung.." Woohyun sobbed. "Hyung is not just a butler to me." Sunggyu embraced the younger, letting the younger sobbed into his chest. "Hyung is the most important person to me."

 

Ricky felt that the two needed time on their own, so he left them. But his heart, it ached to see the way Sunggyu looked at Woohyun. Because that's how exactly he was looking at the older. He love the older.