#06

Young Master Nam

Since most of you love the times where the kids were still young, I have a little flashback for you guys!

-Gyuying


 

"Hyung, why aren't you talking to me?" Woohyun asked after Sunggyu hung up the call with the chauffeur. 

 

"I'm just tired." Sunggyu replied coldly. 

 

Sunggyu was upset. He was worried about Woohyun the entire time but there was his young master spending happily coming out of his new girlfriend's home. He didn't even thought about why Ricky's house was where Woohyun was coming out from and just left after apologizing to Ricky.

 

They didn't talk while waiting for the car to come and pick them up. Sunggyu just stood there staring into blank space while Woohyun was just eyeing on Sunggyu, wondering why the older was being so weird and cold. He was sure that the older was fine this morning when he looked for him during his lesson. Sunggyu have never been this way before. His butler have always been the nicest, warmest person to him. But he was very different today. 

 

The car ride home was also very quiet. Even the chauffeur felt awkward that he have to start a few new conversation that ended up with awkward silence. He was too used with the talkative young Nam telling Sunggyu about school, friends or everything else in the car that the silence was killing him. 

 

Sunggyu climbed out of the car and held the door open for Woohyun before following the younger into the house. They didn't talk at all, not a bit, and Woohyun felt like he was mourning inside. 

 

"NAM WOOHYUN!" Sungyeol barged into Woohyun's room abruptly and startled boy that was coming out of the shower.

 

"What do you want Yeol? I don't have to mood to deal with you right now."

 

"YA! And you claimed that I'm your best cousin in this whole wide world!" Sungyeol sighed and dropped himself dramatically onto Woohyun's bed and that's when Myungsoo knocked softly before entering the room.

 

"Myungsoo, can you get his out of my room right now?"

 

"NO! Myungsoo's not going to get my out of this room until you tell me all about that girl you were with!" Sungyeol spread his limbs across the bed and clutched onto the mattresses tightly as though he would drown if he left the bed. "Hyung said that her name was Yoo Jiae, right Myungie?" The troublemaker glance over to Myungsoo who nodded and back to Woohyun who sighed and sat down on his chair. 

 

"I asked her out and she agreed." 

 

"And? Did you spend your time with her and live happily ever after?!" Sungyeol got on his knees and started to jump on the bed excitedly. 

 

"Yeollie, Woohyun's here, and they just got together today, there's no happily ever after yet." Myungsoo chuckled and held the excited boy down. 

 

"But L, we're having our happily ever after right now, right?" Sungyeol looked and the younger with those eyes that told Myungsoo to agree, which he did. "If you don't have your happily ever after yet, why were you home so late?" he turned back to Woohyun.

 

"He must have spent his time with Gyu hyung then. Remember us dropping Gyu hyung off at the music room after lesson before heading home? Hyung told us that he will be waiting for Woohyun hyung and come home together." Myungsoo chuckled at his master lovingly.

 

"But I swear I saw Woohyun walking off with that Jiae girl!"

 

"!" Woohyun cursed when he remembered that he told Sunggyu that they will be heading home together. Sunggyu must have waited for him in the music room all the while. 

 

But why was he with Jiae's younger brother at her door step? And why was the boy on his Gyu hyung's back? 

 

He would admit that he felt uncomfortable with someone else other than himself being so close to Sunggyu. But Sunggyu is human too, he have rights to have his own friends and people he wanted to be close with. Who is he to stop Sunggyu from all this? 

 

Everything was just like the usuals during dinner, everything except Sunggyu and Woohyun. They didn't exchange words that were more than a sentence and the only one that noticed was Myungsoo. He was worried for his hyung who was very quiet today. He wondered what happened and he thought back about Woohyun's reaction from earlier which fixed the puzzle together. He deduced that Woohyun forgot about Sunggyu who was waiting for him in the music room, that must be it. 

 

"I can't wait for Santa to give me my present tonight!" Dongwoo shouted after he was done with his dinner.

 

"ME TOO!" Sungyeol shouted, which caused the rice in his mouth to splutter out messily. "I wonder how Santa knew what I've always wanted for Christmas each year." He grinned when Myungsoo wiped his mouth with a napkin.

 

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu when Sungyeol said that but the older simply continued eating his food. Woohyun sighed as he wonder if his Santa would leave his present at the usual spot again this year. 

 

Why would he? I've been bad.

 

 

-

 

 

Little Woohyun stifled a yawn as he hid behind a couch on Christmas eve. He poke his head up for a while and glance on the clock and wondered why time wouldn't past faster. He have been wondering if he have already missed Santa but that shouldn't be the case since everyone went to bed about half an hour ago and he managed to sneak out once he made sure Sunggyu went into his room. 

 

He was always curious who Santa was. Since he always got an extra gift from him. His parents told him that it was because he was the have always been a good boy that's why he got an extra gift every year. He wanted to thank Santa for the extra gift. He felt his toes starting to feel numb when he heard someone coming down from the stairs. He immediately made sure that he couldn't be seen as he peek up from the couch. Someone tiptoeing stairs and by the looks of it, Woohyun was sure that the person was Sunggyu.

 

"You're the Santa!" Woohyun stood up and pointed at Sunggyu who froze in his step.

 

Sunggyu walked over to Woohyun and tackle him down onto the floor as he covered the younger's mouth with one hand and tickled him with the other. "Why aren't you asleep?!" He stopped tickling the giggling boy and patted his head.

 

"I wanted to thank Santa for the extra gift! But hyung's not the Santa. The gifts were all already there when I came down." Woohyun pointed to the gifts under the Christmas tree.

 

"I'm Woohyunie's secret santa." Sunggyu held out a gift box from behind him and placed it on Woohyun's hand. "That's why Woohyunie have an extra gift every year. Do you think you can keep it a secret from the rest?"

 

"Of course! It's a secret that only hyung and I know!"

 

It was the next morning when Sungjong and Sungyeol started crying again on why Woohyun had an extra gift under the tree. Woohyun's parents didn't have an answer to their questions but could only try to console the kids with chocolates.

 

 

-

 

 

Ever since that night, Woohyun never waited for his secret santa anymore, because he knew who his santa was. But tonight, Woohyun wanted to know if his secret santa would still leave his present for him. His secret santa have been mad at him and not talking to him for the entire day and he felt so miserable. He wanted to know if Sunggyu still cares for him.

 

He crouched just behind the couch after everyone went to bed and waited. He stared at his watch as the second hand ticked closer and closer to the time when his santa would show up. There were another 5 minutes left to midnight but Sunggyu didn't show up. Woohyun sighed dejectedly and stood up.

 

And just when he stood up and walked towards the steps, he looked up and Sunggyu was standing right there at the top of the stairs looking down at him. "Woohyun?" Sunggyu squinted his eyes and walked down the stairs towards the younger.

 

Once the older reached the bottom of the steps and stopped right in front of Woohyun, the younger lunged forward and wrapped his arms around the older's neck. "I thought you wouldn't come! I thought you don't care for me anymore! I was so scared that you will ignore me the rest of my life!" Woohyun sobbed into Sunggyu's chest.

 

"Why would I?" Sunggyu pulled away from Woohyun and wiped away the tears on the younger's cheeks. 

 

"You didn't talk to me the entire day.. I felt so miserable." Woohyun sniffed.

 

"I'm sorry Hyunie." Sunggyu wrapped his arms around the younger and pulled him close, allowing Woohyun to placed his head on his shoulder. 

 

"By the way, Merry Christmas Hyunie." Sunggyu said when the clock strikes 12.

 

 

-

 

 

It was finally Christmas morning when Sungyeol and Dongwoo ran down the stairs to the Christmas tree. Mr and Mrs Nam were already waiting at the couch watching the kids find their gifts with their names on it.

 

"THIS IS SO UNFAIR! Woohyun always get 2 presents!" Sungyeol huffed as he glared at the 2 gift boxes that had Woohyun's name on. "Santa is bias!"