#01

Young Master Nam

Hey there,
I know I shouldn't start on a new story when I haven't finish my earlier fic. 
But I just have to when the inspirations come, right?
Have you watched Infinite F's MV yet?
Thank you for taking your time to read this.
-Gyuying

 


 

Sunggyu and Myungsoo stood hand in hand with their parents outside a huge house. They gawked at the sight of the huge building since they have never seen such a beautiful house before. 

 

"You're going to serve this family from now on. Be good and don't cause me any trouble." Their father hissed as he pressed the button near the gate. They heard someone communicating with their father through the telecom and the gate started to open. 

 

"Filthy rich." They heard their father mumble as they entered walked through the gates. They walked through the garden and stopped at the door which stood a tall and bulky looking man.Their father and the man exchanged some words and Sunggyu saw his father took a stack of cash from the man. His parents did not even say a word to them before leaving the place, abandoning the two brothers with the bulky looking man.

 

"Come on in, boys." The man motioned for them to enter the house.

 

Sunggyu held Myungsoo's hand as the man led them into the house. They glanced around the place in awe because it was so big, clean and beautiful. The man then introduced himself as Butler Choo and brought them into a room.

 

"You two will be sharing this room for now. There is a bathroom in there, take a shower and put on the new clothes that were placed on the bed. Do hurry, the masters are waiting for your arrival." He said and left the room. 

 

After they were done washing up, they put on little suits that were surprisingly fitting for the both of them. Butler Choo brought them to the hall. 

 

"Good evening, Mr Nam." Butler Choo bowed at a kind looking man sitting at the couch, then to the lady, "Mrs Nam."  

 

The brothers followed what the butler did as well, earning greetings from the two adults. Sunggyu looked up and saw a little boy wearing baby blue suspenders sitting in between them. His feet were dangling off the floor and he was fiddling with something in his hand. Mrs Nam walked over to the boys and knelt down so that they were at eye level.

 

"Hello there, we will be the owners of this house. Why don't you introduce yourself to my family?" The lady gave an encouraging pat on their shoulders. 

 

"My name is Kim Sunggyu and I'm eight this year." 

 

"My name is Kim Myungsoo and I'm six this year." Myungsoo imitated his brother.

 

"You're still so young.." Mrs Nam ruffled Myungsoo's hair softly.

 

"Dear, why don't we let Myungsoo be Woohyunie's study companion for now, hmm?" Mrs Nam suggested. 

 

"Why not?" Mr Nam chuckled as he stood up from his seat and walked closer to the boys, pulling the disinterested Woohyun with him.

 

"Sunggyu, this is Woohyun, you will be his personal butler from now on. You have to be with him at all times, taking care of his needs and make sure he attend his lessons on time. Do you understand?" Mr Nam smiled warmly. 

 

"Yes sir." 

 

"Woohyunie, that Hyung there will become your new butler, go say hi." Mrs Nam nudged her son lightly.

 

"I don't want to! I hate butlers!" Woohyun shouted and ran up the stairs towards his room.

 

"Don't mind him, we've spoilt him too much. The previous butlers couldn't stand him too, do you think you could help us tame that little devil?" Mr Nam chuckled lightly.

 

"I'll try.."

 

"Ma'am, the butler training-"

 

"Oh! I almost forgot! Sunggyu and Myungsoo, the both of you will have to undergo a week of training under Butler Choo before you can officially start. So the training will start tomorrow." 

 

After Mrs Nam was done explaining, Sunggyu and Myungsoo tried to familiarize the places as much as they could as Butler Choo brought them around the house. They were also told of the rules in the house and the normal routines. 

 

 

-

 
 
 
It was finally the morning of Sunggyu's official first day of work after the one week of butler training. He woke up at 5am to bathe and woke up his little brother a little later. After they were done preparing, he made sure to check his own attire and Myungsoo's before leaving their shared room. He held Myungsoo's hand as they walked through the corridors and up the stairs towards the young master's room. Sunggyu let Myungsoo's hand go and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. 
 
 
 
"Young master?" He called out and they waited for a few minutes but there were still no noise or movement from in the room. Sunggyu knocked again and waited. 
 
 
 
"Let's go in." He said and turned the knob of the door. The room was dark with the curtains drawn. They entered quietly and walked deeper into the room until they saw a small little bump on the bed under the blanket. 
 
 
 
"Young master Woohyun, it's 7 in the morning, you have to get ready for lessons at 8." Sunggyu said but the bump on the bed didn't move a bit. He looked down at Myungsoo who's looking back at him with the same expression. 
 
 
 
"Young master, it's time to get up." Myungsoo removed the blanket covering Woohyun. 
 
 
 
Sunggyu froze as he watched Woohyun curling up into a ball on the bed. He thought he saw a puppy – no an angel no  a puppy-like angel sleeping on the bed. He gulped as he stepped forward towards the said boy. 
 
 
 
"Young master.. Time to wake up." He shook the boy, who fidgeted and stretched his limbs. 
 
 
 
"5 more minutes Butler Choo.." Woohyun whined and tugged on his blanket trying to pull it over his head which was stopped by Myungsoo who pulled on the other end of the blanket. 
 
 
 
"Young master, wake up." Sunggyu repeated and he watched as the younger struggled to open his eyes. 
 
 
 
"Who are you?" Woohyun groaned and turn to the other boy, "and you?" 
 
 
 
"I'm Sunggyu, your new butler. And this is Myungsoo who will be your temporary companion for now." Sunggyu explained. 
 
 
 
"Whatever, I don't want to get up, so get out!" Woohyun shouted. 
 
 
 
Sunggyu tried to convince to boy to wake up for the next few hours but to be thrown with pillows, etc. and this happened for the next few days too. Causing the young master to miss all his lessons and only get up from bed to bathe, eat and play. 
 
 
 
 
 
-
 
 
 
 
One afternoon, Woohyun was running through the corridor to look for Myungsoo to play a game of tag. He finally spotted him peeping through a door and he wanted to scare him so he tip toed towards his companion. 
 
 
 
"Hey!" He whispered. Myungsoo jumped and turned to look at Woohyun who was grinning. But when Woohyun saw the tear streaked face of Myungsoo, the grin was wiped off his face. 
 
 
 
"Why are you crying?"
 
 
 
"It's nothing.." Myungsoo croaked out before running away from the young master. 
 
 
 
Woohyun looked at the gap at the door and wondered why Myungsoo was crying while peeping through it, curiosity overpowered him as he walked nearer to the door and peeped through the gap. His eyes widened when he saw Sunggyu pulling up his trouser legs. His eyes moved over to Butler Choo who was holding onto a thick rod.
 
 
 
"You are the butler, you are responsible for your young master. How many lessons have he missed so far?"
 
 
 
"3 days of lessons, sir." 
 
 
 
"Then you'll have 30 of punishment then."
 
 
 
"Yes sir."
 
 
 
Woohyun watched as the butler hit Sunggyu and he wondered why Sunggyu didn't ask for forgiveness and tried to stop from getting beaten. He felt guilty for causing this to happen to his new butler. He couldn't watch any longer because the guilt was eating him up. So he quickly left and ran into his room. 
 
 
 
After a few hours, he went out to the living room and was playing with his catapult when he accidentally hit an expensive vase and it fell off the table. There was a loud crash and Sunggyu quickly ran over. 
 
 
 
"Young master, are you hurt anywhere?"
 
 
 
Sunggyu examined the younger's body for any cuts and sighed in relieve when he found nothing. Just then the front door opened, revealing Mr and Mrs Nam. They stared at the mess in disbelieve and demanded an explanation.
 
 
 
"I'm sorry, I accidentally hit it while playing with young master Woohyun."  Sunggyu explained as he quickly took Woohyun's catapult and hid it in his pocket. That caused Woohyun to look at him with confusion which wasn't missed by Mr Nam.
 
 
 
"Sunggyu, there is a play room for a reason." 
 
 
 
"I know, sir. I'm sorry." "For that, you have to be punished."
 
 
 
"Dear, why don't we give him a chance?" Mrs Nam tried to plead on behalf of Sunggyu.
 
 
 
"No, he haven't been doing his job as a butler well either. Woohyun haven't been attending lessons for the past few days." Mr Nam side eyed his son with a grim expression and ordered Sunggyu to follow him. 
 
 
 
Woohyun saw his father and Sunggyu going into the room where Sunggyu was punished earlier on. He wanted to follow the two but his mom held onto his shoulder. He shrugged his moms hand off his shoulder and ran towards the room. He saw his father hitting Sunggyu with the same rod. He watched as Sunggyu bit his lips in pain. He didn't know why Sunggyu took the rap for him. He didn't know why he felt as though his heart was ripped open when he saw the pain on Sunggyu's face.
 
 
 
Just when he was about to turn away, Sunggyu opened his eyes and their eyes met. He didn't know that he was crying until Sunggyu mouthed "Don't cry, I'm okay." to him and smiled as though the pain was nothing. He ran through the door and held onto his father's hand, stopping the other from hitting his butler. 
 
 
 
"I'm at fault too! Stop hitting him! I'll share the punishment with him!" Woohyun cried as he pulled up his trouser legs.
 
 
 
 
-
 
 
 
 
That night, Woohyun looked into the mirror as he stared at his wound. His mother had came before his bed time and applied some soothing cream on the ugly red marks on his calves. He wondered if Sunggyu had applied them on. He looked through the cabinet where he saw his mom place the cream in and smiled when he finally found it. Slowly he crept through the corridor and down the stairs to his butler's room. 
 
 
 
He slowly opened the door and tip toe into the room. He saw Myungsoo sleeping soundly and turned to the other bed. A bump was under the blanket and the blanket was shaking. He heard soft sobs coming from under the blanket. 
 
 
 
Sunggyu was crying. 
 
 
 
Woohyun stopped himself from crying too as he walked towards the bed and pulled the blanket off the bump. Sunggyu looked up and squint to make out the features of the boy in front of him. 
 
 
 
"Young master." Sunggyu immediately wiped off his tears and got up from bed. "How's your leg?"
 
 
 
Why are you still worried about me when you're crying like this?
 
 
 
"Lie down on your stomach, hyung." Sunggyu looked at Woohyun with confusion but complied with his orders anyway. After he was done applying, Sunggyu sat up on tyhe bed and smiled at the younger.
 
 
 
 
 
"Thank you, young master." 
 
 
 
"Hyung, I promise I will be good from now on. I'll protect you from now on. Please don't cry anymore." Woohyun held Sunggyu's hands as he cried. 
 
 
 
"How can you protect me? It's my job to protect you." Sunggyu wiped the tear off Woohyun's face as he smiled warmly at the latter.
 
 
 
"But you have to promise me that you won't cry anymore. At least not when I'm not around." Woohyun held out his little pinky, wriggling it in front of Sunggyu's face.
 
 
 
"I promise." Sunggyu hooked his little pinky with the younger's. "Let's get you back to bed, shall we?" Sunggyu held Woohyun's hand and he led him to the door. 
 
 
 
"Mr Nam." He greeted the man at the door with a tube of soothing cream in his hand.
 
 
 
"Looks like my son have matured over the incident huh?" He patted the young master on the head before turning to Sunggyu. "Here's the cream, keep it with you for now." He said before going back towards his room. 
 
 
 
Sunggyu tucked Woohyun under the blanket and the night lights before saying good night to his young master.
 
 
 
"Hyung.." He stopped when he was almost out of the door. He turned to look at the young master who was siting up on the bed. "Call me Woohyunie like how mommy and daddy does." 
 
 
 
"Okay. Good night.. Woohyunie." He smiled and closed the door after hearing a soft "Good night too, hyung."