I Don't Care

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are no secrets that time does not reveal.

"So tell me again why you made me come out to get you at like seven this morning? I didn't even have to go into work today, but I came out here to grab coffee with you," Hyoyeon said, feeling very sleepy and tired. She kept yawning as she tried to have a decent conversation with Tiffany, but she wasn't feeling the vibe. Tiffany sipped on her iced coffee, scratching her head, "I didn't sleep anyways last night because of stupid Nichkhun. I needed some coffee this morning before I go to work."

"I thought your shooting was at eight though," Hyoyeon questioned again, looking at her wristwatch. "It is currently 7:56, you are not going to make it to the set by eight." 

"Trust me, they don't need me by eight," Tiffany assured, resting her arms to the table. "By the way that Krystal girl is acting out her part, I doubt the shooting at the park will even start at twelve." 

"Is she bad? If she's ruining my story, you better tell her to change herself. I am not having it if that drama comes out bad. I spent two and a half years working on that story, and it got voted as the best novel of the nation for 2011. I will be heated if that production comes out bad." 

"It's not the acting you should worry about," she replied, correecting Hyoyeon's words. "It's more of the director you should worry about. He's the one butchering your storyline by changing the timeline of events around."

Hyoyeon sneered and shook her head, "Leeteuk-ssi?" Tiffany nodded her head, making Hyoyeon snicker and continue, "I swear, he has something against my stories. He's always purposely making a bad drama out of my stories, only my stories though. It stinks that I can't control who produces and directs my stories."

"You obviously know why he only butchers your storylines though." 

Hyoyeon grunted and raised her hands up, drinking her green tea latte and replying, "Can we not talk about that though? I don't even like hearing his name, let alone, know that he butchers my storylines because of that reason." 

Tiffany snickered and rolled her eyes, continuing to drink her iced coffee. Hyoyeon went on, asking, "So Minho really just left Nichkhun on the spot like that? Just grabbed all of his clothes, belongings and dipped with his money?" 

"That's basically how he told me through his drunk self," Tiffany answered, slouching back on her chair. "I went to drop him off at his house last night and everything was gone. He even left with Khun's money, how messed up is that?" 

Hyoyeon scratched her head and groaned, "Did we not warn him about Minho before he left everything behind in America? I knew something was fishy about Minho the day he flirted with him when we went to that bar in San Francisco."

"We did warn him, remember?" Tiffany recalled, furrowing her eyebrows at Hyoyeon. "He was being a stubborn boy saying that we didn't support him and his decision to be in love with a guy. What happens now? He made Nichkhun heartbroken and part of a financial crisis. He basically took his entire savings in his safe. The money that Khun saved up to start a business and to build a house with Minho was all there, but he just took it and ran away." 

"Ugh, if I ever find that Choi Minho by myself, I swear I won't get him get the last of me for leaving our friend like that. Nichkhun better be glad he isn't the film industry, just imagine how many people would be up in his business about this." 

Just then, Tiffany's phone began to ring and she saw a message from Myungsoo. She narrowed her eyes, wondering why Myungsoo had been messaging her, since he doesn't really do that often. 

"Who is it?" Hyoyeon asked curiously. 

"It's Myungsoo," she answered in a questioned tone. "I wonder why he's messaging me today." 

Hyoyeon's phone began to vibrate as well, seeing that she got a notification from the gossip website that she followed. While Tiffany was on her phone, she scrolled to see what her notification was. Hyoyeon's eyes began to widen as she read, "TIFFANY HWANG DRAGS A MAN OUT OF THE BAR, SUSPECTED TO BE DRUNK." hung open as she placed her palms against her forehead, saying, "Well, I know why he's messaging you now."

"Why? What's up?" 

Hyoyeon held her phone up to Tiffany's face, making her look at the images that were on the gossip website. Tiffany scrolled through the multiple images that somebody took, seeing herself drag Nichkhun's drunken body out of the bar, looking like it had been another man scandal. She groaned and clenched her fists together, "Are you serious?" 

She looked down to see Myungsoo's message saying, "Tiffany, meet me in my office immediately. This is very urgent." She let out a deep sigh and closed her eyes to deal with the stress, "I swear these photographers will never let me live my life." 

She stood up, taking the last sip of her iced coffee, then threw it away in the trash immediately. She put her sweater on and sunglasses to block her face, making Hyoyeon ask, "You're going now?" 

"Yeah, if I don't go now, then Myungsoo is going to haunt me for the rest of his life. I need to go." 

Tiffany began to walk away, making Hyoyeon exclaim, "Wait, wait, wait! I thought you wanted me to drop you off today." 

"It's fine, I only called you out so you can come get coffee with me. I didn't want you to drop me off anyway, it'll be too much of a drive." 

Hyoyeon couldn't really said anything because Tiffany walked out of the cafe very quickly. She looked back at the gossip website, exhaling a deep breath because she figured it was too stressful being a celebrity. She pouted and said to herself, "This poor girl."

****

Outside the cafe that Seunghyun was just sitting at, he waited for a taxi to pull up but it seemed to all be full already. He crossed his arms and sighed to himself, "Why is it so busy today?" When he tried to read out which taxi was available, he began waving his hand to see if he could find any luck with any cars. 

A few cars passed by him for a good two minutes, until an available taxi pulled up and park right on the sides of the road. Right when he was about to open the taxi door, he felt someone pass by him, going in front of him to block him from opening the door. She slightly looked back at him with a blank stare, "I have to take this taxi, I'm in a hurry." 

Seunghyun was a little stunned by her audacity for charging pass him after he had been waiting for a taxi for nearly five minutes. He only sighed and scratched his head, telling her, "Go ahead. It's yours now." 

"Umm duh, it has to be," she said with a snotty voice, opening the taxi door and shutting it. The taxi drove off, leaving him in confusion and disturbance that a girl would really have the courtesy to take a taxi car away from him. He started out again, trying to find the next available taxi to hop on. A few moments later, Jong In pushed through the doors to exit the cafe, rushing up to his cousin in a hurried way. 

He fixed his plaid dress shirt a little, standing by Seunghyun and asked, "Hyung, you didn't get a taxi yet? I sent you out here first so you can grab a taxi while I go to the bathroom for a few minutes. I can swear that I was taking a for a decent five minutes, you still couldn't get a taxi?"

"I got one already," he answered calmly, looking at his younger cousin. Jong In raised an eyebrow and slightly laughed, pointing to the empty space that had no taxi in front of it, "Oh you got one? Is there a new type of taxi I should know about? Is it invisible or something?"

"Fool no, I got one already, but some girl took it."

"Huh?!" Jong In exclaimed, widening his eyes. "You let some girl take your taxi?! What the hell, Hyung?! Do you know how late I am for work? If I'm late one more time this week, I swear my boss is going to have my head." 

"You idiot, you swear your boss is someone else."

"Yeah, your father, Hyung. You act like Uncle Jae Wan gives me special treatment or something. I'm the one who gets yelled first if I walk in late. Someone else could be doing something wrong and he'd still turn to me to find out what I did wrong. I'm never right Hyung." 

Seunghyun tried to ignore Jong In, continuing to find a taxi in order to go to work. He said through all the cars passing and trees brushing against the air, "You act like I'm not going to be late for work myself." 

"I wasn't talking for myself Hyung," Jong In snapped back, glaring at him. "You and I are both going to be late for work and you still let a girl take our taxi? Damn, how soft can you get? You can't even see a girl without becoming all weak and fragile." 

Seunghyun glared at him and pointed his fingers at him, "I'm your older cousin. Who are you? Why you yelling at me like this?" 

"The younger cousin."

"Okay, will you be quiet now?" 

"Fine Hyung." 

Seunghyun shook his head in annoyance, realizing that Jong In always enjoy blurting out stupid things, so he had to give him a small lecture sometimes. But he couldn't stop being shocked by that girl who took his taxi? Were girls these days really that ignorant?

Tiffany paid the taxi driver right when he parked in front of the building of KFD building, rushing outside the car to enter. When she shut the door behind her, she ran inside the building and walked quickly to go up to Myungsoo’s office, which was on the second floor.

She burst the door open, surprised to see Krystal and Mino sitting on the sofa that was in his office. Since Krystal and Mino should’ve been at the house shooting their kitchen scene already, why were they here?

Tiffany made a small glance at Myungsoo, asking, “Did you call me about the pictures?”

“Oh great, you know about the pictures, that’s even better to know.”

Tiffany went to go sit on the same couch as Krystal, making her placed in the middle between Tiffany and Mino.

“Where do I start?” Myungsoo asked, tapping on his chin to figure out a plan. He looked at Krystal and Mino, pointing to them and said, “I’ll start with you two since you came here first.”

Krystal and Mino slightly looked down as Myungsoo continued, “If you guys continue dating, you do realize it’ll be harder for the both of you because you’re in the same drama? What were you trying to do? Hide your relationship?”

Tiffany turned to look at both of them, narrowing her eyes to signal her surprise. She snickered and gave them a jeering face, "Already? Damn, you guys really are rookies."

"Ignore her," Myungsoo demanded, waving his hands at her to stop her. 

Mino, still looking down on his lap, feeling intimidated, replied, “Yes, we were trying to hide it. But we didn’t know what else to do, we couldn’t come out to say it.”

Myungsoo pointed to Krystal and said, “We had a meeting just a few minutes about the contract. You remember my rules, right?” Krystal nodded her head, then he pointed to Mino and continued, “You were part of that meeting about the contract a year ago. You remember my rules, right?” Mino nodded his head, making Myungsoo slightly sigh in relief. Myungsoo rubbed the topped of his head a little and fretted, "Just remember what I said, alright? I could care less about your relationship. But remember, if any pictures or shots come out, it will automatically be known as a scandal. This industry is harsh, their eyes and brains work like the speed of lightening. Once a scandal is out, just remember that I am the one who deals with it. Can you guys do me the favor of laying low?"

Krystal and Mino nodded their heads in agreement, still remaining silent because they didn’t know what else to say. Myungsoo click his teeth and tongue together, adding in, “I don’t want it to cause trouble to you guys either. Krystal, you’re new to the industry, I don’t want it to affect your career either. Mino, you’re just a guy. The only person they’d accept you dating is Seungyoon.”

Mino raised his eyebrows in confusion and asked, “Seungyoon? He was my brother in the last drama though. Isn’t he a guy?”

The three of them groaned to Mino’s shallowness, each of them making a different and fed up facial expression. Myungsoo raised his hands up to stop him from talking and just said, “Just go on Google Images and search for Minyoon. Hopefully you’ll understand what I mean by that ship name.”

“Minyoon?” Mino sneered, bending his head to imply his confusion. “Ship?”

Krystal slightly nudged him and joked silently, “Should I be jealous?”

Before Mino could reply, Myungsoo went on and ignored them, “Anyways, moving on. Can you guys do that for me? It’s not all for me either; it’s beneficial for your career in the industry. I’m just looking out for you and giving you a heads up about the people who are ready to sabotage you guys. There’s a lot of them out there, it’s not all fun and games being in here.”

Krystal nodded her head and grinned, “We’ll be careful about our relationship.  Thank you for being understanding, Myungsoo-ssi.”

“I never said I wasn’t understanding. I do this because my father and my uncle will have my head. And the moment they have my head, I will have your head, understand?” Myungsoo questioned, assuring they would listen to him. They nodded their heads rapidly again, agreeing with everything was saying. He crossed his arms and pointed towards the door with his right finger, “You can go now. Just tell Leeteuk Hyung I called you in for an important meeting, that way you guys won’t get in trouble.” They nodded once more and nudged each other to leave his office. They stood up to leave Myungsoo’s office, which left only the two of them now, Tiffany just giving him a languid expression. Myungsoo coughed and began to clear up her situation now, “You said you saw the pictures?”

“I saw it right before I got your message.”

“Tiffany, you’re killing me here. Why do you have to be in a scandal every single month? You can’t be scandal-free for at least three or four months?”

“I honestly thought you gave up on my scandals three years ago,” Tiffany replied, looking at him with a blank stare.

Myungsoo gave her dissatisfied look and shook his head, “I wish I could give up on your scandals. But my uncle and my father are the ones who said I have to keep you in tact. You’re not afraid of the scandals ruining your career?”

“I’ve been here for seven years already, if my career was going to be ruined from the scandals, it would’ve been ruined a long time ago.” 

“I don’t know, maybe you can actually move up to be a main girl for once. You’re not getting offered the lead roles because you act like this all the time.”

“Did I ever say I wanted to be the lead girl in any drama?” Tiffany asked back, making Myungsoo pause at his words.

“Okay then,” Myungsoo replied, completely stuck on what to do next. “If you’re not going to worry about your career, can you worry about mine then?”

“Your father’s not going to fire you, Myungsoo.”

 “No, he’s not,” Myungsoo agreed, going up to her to try to negotiate something with her. “But he will make my life a living hell if I don’t do what he says, do you understand what I’m saying?”

“I understand you’re a daddy’s boy who has to live under a shell for the rest of your life.”

Myungsoo stepped even closer, taking a seat at the coffee table right in front of her to look at her face to face, “Why do you do this to yourself? This isn’t about me anymore, but I want to know why you continuously want to make yourself look bad.”

“Because I don’t care.”

“You’re an actress, you have to care Tiffany. This is the Korean entertainment industry, this is not the American industry where you can do whatever you want and they don’t care about what you do. Here, they dig in to your history, you know that.”

Tiffany crossed her arms now and looked at him ignorantly, “I’m only known as the bad girl, Myungsoo. Everywhere I go I’m known as the bad girl, why does it matter what scandal I’m a part of? It shouldn’t effect you anymore.”

“Alright since you’re not going to listen to me,” Myungsoo gave up, changing the topic. “At least tell me who that guy is so I can clear the story when the news reporters starts blowing up my computer.”

“He’s my friend.”

He blinked at her a few times, not content with her answer. He coughed and repeated, “Tiffany, I need a better answer than that. What kind of friend? Are you guys seeing each other? Are you guys dating one another? Are you guys in some intimate relationship? Tell me, so I can get the story right.”

“There’s nothing else to the story Myungsoo. The guy is my friend,” Tiffany answered confidently. She was not going to blow Nichkhun’s cover about being gay because that’d be messed up on her part, since only her and Hyoyeon knew about this part of him.

“Then what the hell were you doing at a bar with him?”

“He was drunk.”

“He was drunk?” Myungsoo asked shockingly, amazed that she was not giving him a straight answer. “That’s all you’re going to give me? You dragged him out of the bar because he was drunk?”

“What’d you want me to do? Leave my friend there?”

Myungsoo closed his eyes in frustration, clenching his fists together to try to hold in his anger. He bit down on his teeth and asked, “You’re really just going to give me blunt answers like that? You can’t tell me what’s going on between you two so I can just tell the press if that’s your boyfriend or not?”

“He’s not my boyfriend,” Tiffany said confidently, widening her eyes at him. “I said he was a friend of mine. He was drunk. I brought him home then I went home. That’s the end of the story. Anything else?”

He let out a deep breath for her to her and just spread his left arm out, guiding his hand towards the door. He released her and concluded, “I have nothing else to say. You’re obviously not going to make my job any easier, so I don’t know why I’m trying.”

She stood up and threw her purse strap over her shoulder, questioning, “I can go now, right?”

“Yes please,” Myungsoo answered, covering his eyes not to look at her anymore. She looked at him once more then exited his office, going off to go film the kitchen scene once more.

Myungsoo went to sit at his polished wooden desk, collapsing himself onto the supple chair, trying to figure out a way to get Tiffany in control. 

 “Where the hell did you go?” Jong In whispered to himself, as he was frantically trying to find his thumb drive on his office desk. He searched through the drawers, looked through the cabinet and went through all of his files, but he still wasn’t able to find that small thumb drive. He began to scratch his head and groaned, “Where the hell did I even put you?”

It was already 9:00 PM, where he was beyond late to meet with Seunghyun at his house to help edit the video clips. 

A few seconds later, he heard a knock on the door. He continued to search but yelled out to the person knocking, “Come in!” Entering his personal office, Kyungsoo walked in with a few folders and binders, ready to give it to Jong In. Jong In looked up to see Kyungsoo standing there and motioned him to come in, “Come in Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo nodded and walked in, holding onto the folders tightly. He came to the front of his desk and began, “I’m glad I caught you before you left.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter