Additional Chapter to Previous One

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! I haven't forgotten about this story yet, hehe. So this is actually an additional scene from the last chapter I posted about eight months ago, haha and I realized I never got to put it up because I never finished it. This isn't the official chapter for the new one because that one is still in process, but here is an additional one to the one last time. It is a scene where Hyoyeon and Kai since I left off with them at the book signing, so I wanted to end it there. Just wanted to give you a heads up first in case you didn't want to read this couple, haha. The rest of the couples are coming in the next chapter. Thank you for sticking with me with this story no matter how slow I am! Love you guys <3 

-Marisa

"You're still here?" Hyoyeon asked as she was walking up to Jong In with her arms crossed. The cold breeze was already coming in through the doors, since the heat was completely turned off, and the doors have most likely been closing and opening since people left the auditorium. Jong In turned to look at her with a surprised expression on her face, widening his upturned eyes. He didn't even know she was still in here because he saw Nichkhun, Tiffany and her entire family leave already. It was a surprise that she was even here. "What are you still doing here?" 

"I had to take pictures for them after the entire thing," Hyoyeon answered with eyes widened as well, wondering why he had to raise his voice up with that. "And take pictures with the staff members. I just finished. I'm surprised you're still here, child." 

"I mean I'm standing here, Ahjumma. So yes, I'm still here," he answered. She raised an eyebrow at him and squinted his mouth, already showing that he was being obnoxious. He laughed at her reaction, getting a glare from her. She swore he really loved seeing her annoyed. She's never met a guy like this before who purposely wanted to annoy her. He chuckled a bit and went on, "Why'd they let you out so late though? It's like really late to be going home."

"It happens, I guess," she said with a shrug. Trying not to be too annoyed, she questioned, "Where's Seunghyun Oppa?" 

"He left." 

"Left?" Hyoyeon got confused. Jong In nodded his head and answered further, "He got an emergency call to fill in for a cameraman that got sick for one of the dramas, so he had to leave early. He wanted me to tell you sorry for not staying for the entire thing. And he wanted to text you, but he doesn't have your number or line or kakao talk, so he made me deliver the message to you." 

"It's fine, I understand he's busy. I'm just happy he came. I should give him my number, in case he has any questions about my script," she pondered, tapping her heels against the floor. He snickered a little and replied, "I don't think he needs your number for your script. He's a cameraman." 

"All cameramans need to know the script," Hyoyeon told him, giving him a look. "They need to know the angles and the position of how to film whenever the actors and actresses are in action." 

"Oh, I just thought you wanted to get my Hyung's number. I was on the lookout for him, that's all," he joked, which got him a very unpleasant face because she didn't like that joke. He chuckled and shook her shoulders a bit to lighten her up. "I'm kidding, Ahjumma. We have eachother's number. That's the only person's number you need within our family. You have my number, you can still get in contact with Seunghyun Hyung. I'm always bothering him and he bothers me, we're basically brothers. If you need to reach him, you can get him through me too." 

"I think by the time I get past you, I'd probably give up on wanting to talk to him," she crossed her arms against her chest. "It's fine, I'll get it from him whenever the shooting starts. I'll see him soon anyways." 

"You want Hyung's number that bad?" 

"He's my friend, why wouldn't I want his number?" She replied confusingly, a bit muddled by his joking comments that she didn't really get right now. He just sighed and nodded his head, “Ah, ah, ah, ah. If you want his number, I’ll give it to you.”

She rolled her eyes and scoffed at his silliness. “What are you still doing here anyways? I seriously thought you left way long ago.”

“Well, Seunghyun Hyung had the car, so when he left, I told him that I was fine going on my own. So I'm thinking about the options I have before I have to call up a taxi. The life of having no friends is a struggle, Ahjumma." 

She sighed loudly, also rolling her eyes and crossing her arms against her chest. She was way too tired to deal with his annoying mouth right now, but she did feel bad that he was basically stranded her at this auditorium. It was about to hit midnight in a few minutes, and she didn't even know if Jong In was going to get back soon. Oh goodness, Hyoyeon. Why are you feeling bad? This kid is the most annoying guy you've ever met, you shouldn't be feeling this bad, she told herself... Actually wanting to just leave her and be done with him for the night. But she really didn't want to leave knowing that he had no ride home, or was just struggling to get a ride. She pouted and questioned, "Can't you call Myungsoo or something?" Jong In stayed silent for a few seconds, thinking if that was a good idea or not, but then shook his head in response. "Nah, that kid has too many things going on. I don't wanna bother him too much. I would call Bobby too, but that monkey sleeps early, so that's not happening." 

"Anyone in your family?" 

"Nope. Parents aren't an option, they're probably sleeping. If I call them, they'll probably just ask back, how old are you now? My parents, Ahjumma... They're on that tough love . Besides I'm trying to stay at Seunghyun Hyung's house today, I gotta wake up early tomorrow," he shook his head once again, squinting his mouth. getting her to laugh a little. He shrugged and said, "Oh well. If I can't find anyone, I'll just call a taxi. You should go home and get some sleep though, your eye bags are not cute right now." 

"Listen child," Hyoyeon spat at him, widening her eyes, as her short self went up closer to him, only reaching up to his neck. She pinched her thumb and index finger together, saying, "I am this close to taking my bag and whacking you in the head with it... And I cherish my bag a lot, so if I whack you with it, you got problems." Jong In chuckled, looking down at the black Michael Kors crossbody that was hanging off of her upper body. He laughed at how much of a girl she was, actually finding it kinda cute. Yeah, he knew as a fact about himself that he was annoying and enjoyed bothering people constantly for the heck of it, but he really did want her to go home and get some rest. He was always known as that guy who had no sweet bone in his body, so it was pretty hard for people to tell that he was actually concerned for them. It was hard for him to change himself too because he wouldn't know how, so all he could do is do the same thing as he always did, and just let people think for themselves. However, Hyoyeon was already starting to put up with it, so it was a bit easier to open up with her at this point. He put his hands in his jean pockets and told her, "Well... You need to go home then, so you don't end up whacking your precious purse to my head." There was a Pooh Bear keychain attached to the purse, which was a literally turned into a ball and he gave they bear a little shake, getting her to sulk a bit. "And I don't wanna die either, it's always the nice ones that have the most violent whacks. I speak with experience." She scratched her head and raised her eyebrows at his weird comment, letting out a deep sigh. "You know you're such a weirdo, right?" 

"Yeah, Ahjumma, of course I know that," Jong In replied quickly, stretching out his thumb and index finger to place under his chin, to present his face. "But come on, I'm probably the most handsome weirdo you've ever seen. And you still have this weirdo as your friend, so you can't complain." She rolled her eyes upwards, completely worn off with all of this kid's comments. 

"Oh my lord, be quiet, child. Do you need me a ride to your cousin's house?" Hyoyeon offered, pondering on whether or not this was a good idea. Would she be able to handle an entire car ride with him alone? He was such a brat, she's never got annoyed by anyone so fast. He couldn't have lived that far, he worked at the popular graphic design company that was nearby here. 

"Wait what?" He stopped all of his joking and turned his attention to what she just said. "Did you just say you're gonna bring me?" Quite shocked, a puzzled expression wiped across his face. Was he hearing that correctly? Did she just ask that? "You're asking me that?" He pointed to himself with raised eyebrows. 

"Is there anyone else here I can ask?" Hyoyeon responded to him impatiently. Amused, he gave her a smirk and chuckled, "Of course I need a ride, Ahjumma. I just don't know what ride I'm actually going in to actually get there." That resulted in a glare from her and Jong In knew his joking caused that look. 

"Well, if you need to get all technical," she scoffed, nearly rolling her eyes. "Do you want a ride? Meaning, you get in my car, I drive and take you to your damn destination." 

"Want?" 

"Well, you have no ride. I have a car and I'm about to go home. As much as I want to leave your annoying , it's still late to be leaving you," she griped. He cocked his head sideways and just smirked, pretty delighted that Hyoyeon was being nice to him when she really didn't have to. Nice words were kind of hard for him, but he was finding Hyoyeon extremely pleasant right now. However, being the annoying pest he always was, he still acted like he was still thinking, trying to hum to keep her guessing. She sighed after a while and said, "If you keep questioning me, I'm about to just leave. I'm asking if you want me to drop you off home. Are you taking the offer or not?" One more time, and she swore she was leaving if he was going to say his sassy remarks. He stared at her for a few moments and that unknown look was making her lips twisted. This kid's face annoyed her so much, why was she offering to give him a ride? Out of nowhere, Jong In suddenly grabbed her face with both of his hands, resulting a loud, short squeal from her. "Yah, Jong In! What are you doing, child?" 

"I gotta check if you're okay, Ahjumma. You realize you just offered to be in the car with me for more than ten minutes? Are you alright? Did you fall on your head? Are you feeling sick at all?" He joked, continuously pressing down on various parts of her face. Did this kid forget that she was older than him? A smile began to form upon his face as he squeezed her cheeks roughly. "I didn't know you cared about me this much." She nearly shrieked with how rough he was pinching her face, and wondering why as well, because a younger person like him shouldn't be playing around with her face like this. "Look at how much our relationship has approved from you wanting to kill me and now you wanna drop me off at home." When she couldn't take it anymore, she pushed his hands off of her face and held it, so he wouldn't be able to touch her anymore. She glared at him and grunted, "Yah. I am not a puppy or a baby for you to be squeezing my cheeks like that, my lord. Goodness gracious, do you want to go home or not? If you don't want me to drop you off, then I will gladly leave this place and leave you alone if you say that."

When they got silent for a brief moment, he looked at her rather sweetly and just smiled. "Who else would I want to bring me home, huh?"

"So, you want me to bring you home?" Hyoyeon innocently questioned back. Jong In chuckled and nodded his head. "Of course. Free ride and I don't have to wait in the middle of the road. Who knows if I'll be kidnapped or not." 

"Trust me, child. No one wants to kidnap your scary looking self. And if they did kidnap you, I'm pretty sure they would release you within the first five minutes, because I don't know who can handle your big mouth." 

"You can handle it." 

"I'm handling it pretty horribly if I want to slap and kick you half of the time. And I never wanna do that to anyone." 

He brought his face down closer to hers and smiled cheesily, "See? That's called handling it. And you're offering to bring me home, willing to stay in the car with me for more than five minutes. I'm pretty sure you can handle me." His face was too close for her liking right now, their faces could literally crash into one another if he had fallen at any point. Backing away, she pushed the door open and looked at him, indirectly telling him that they needed to leave right now. 

"Are you finished talking?" She asked, a bit annoyed, but starting to get amused by everything with he was saying... So she just played along with it, sort of. She was just too tired to be playing too much right now. "Because if you are, I'd like to be sleeping in my bed right now." He started walking towards the door while she was opening it for him, not breaking eye contact with her at all. The look on their faces were different - Hyoyeon was clearly irked by the glare she was throwing at him, while he was in the happiest mood a person could ever be in. Jong In just had an extremely dorky smile on his face while he walked out, Hyoyeon just rolling her eyes and chuckling at the same time. Damn, if he wasn't so annoying and had such a big mouth, he'd actually be a cute kid. He's just too sassy and so cocky at the same time, his cuteness just disappeared. Because he wasn't ugly, but obviously she wasn't go to egg him on whenever he called himself handsome, because he said that about himself enough. 

Now she just had to get ready for this ten minute car ride, so he said. 

"Ahjumma," she heard Jong In call her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter