Play Dirty To Win Pt.1

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The secret of fame is to know something that nobody else knows.

On a sunny Monday morning at the building of Kim Film Division, there were exactly sixteen people who were sitting around and waiting for the meeting time to begin at exactly ten o'clock. The twenty foot conference table was left empty, just so the actors and actresses could seat themselves when they came in so everyone who was waiting could take a seat right after.

Myungsoo, his father, President Dae Hyun, his uncle who is the CEO of the company, Sajangnim Denny and Bobby were sitting around one corner, conversing with each other for the time being. The rest of the people who were in the conference room waiting for the meeting were all the producers and the directors who were apart of the upcoming drama project as well. 

Since Baekhyun and Chanyeol took the job of being both the producer and the directors of the production set, they were excited to be working on this project since they had wanted to make a big collaboration project for the longest time. The other directors were Leeteuk, Taecyeon and Dong Wook, who were nearby the window of the room and talking to each other about who they wanted to focus on when they were filming everything. The other three producers who were going to be taking care of this drama were Changmin, Seungri and of course, Dae Hyun was another person to be working on this.

In addition, there were also four personal managers waiting for their members to walk in. Sojin was in charge of Taeyeon and Han Bin. Shin Hye was in charge of Minji. Victoria was in charge Krystal while Yuri was in charge of the rest of the actors who were Tiffany, Suho and Mino.

It was already 9:50 in the morning while the doors of the conference door pushed open. Everyone turned to see who came in, seeing Jong In push pass the doors and nervously smiling. He nervously chuckled as he bowed and waved to everyone while Myungsoo threw him a wave to come over towards him. Jong In quickly walked over to him, colliding hands with one another for a high five. Jong In saw Dae Hyun and Denny, bowing to both of them and greeted, "Appa, Uncle Denny. How've you guys been?" 

"We've been good," Dae Hyun replied, smiling at him. "I haven't seen you for a while. How's the graphic design company?" 

"It's good, it's just been really busy, so I haven't been able to stop by to have dinner at the house. I'm guessing it's busy here as usual." 

Dae Hyun nodded his head while Jong In turned to Bobby and nudged his head, "What have you been up to you troublemaker?" 

Bobby smiled widely at Jong In and pointed at him, "You and Myungsoo Hyung both think I'm a troublemaker. I don't get what you guys see in me. If I was in your bodies, I would just look like a cute and adorable person." Jong In and Myungsoo both rolled their eyes, turning their backs to him while continuing on to have their own conversation. 

A few minutes later, Krystal and Mino both pushed through the doors of the conference room and bowed to everyone who was currently in the room. They took one glance at each other before they decided to sit on different ends of the table but Myungsoo called them out to say, "Krystal, Mino. You guys can sit next to eachother today, you need to anyway." The two of them looked at each other nervously and nodded at him, taking a seat right next to each other. 

Jong In slightly laughed at Myungsoo as he came to squish Bobby in the same chair so he could have a seat. Jong In felt like he wasn't a big part of this meeting along with Bobby, so it would've been easier if they sat down to just listen. Bobby turned to look at Jong In and clenched his teeth together, "Jong In Hyung."

"What's up?"

"Why do you and Myungsoo Hyung love me so much?"

"Why do you say that?" 

"You both just love sharing a seat with me," Bobby replied while narrowing his eyes. "The blood circulation is about to be cut off in my legs due to you guys sitting on me. Do ya'll think you're feathers or something?" 

Jong In raised an eyebrow as he looked down to see him slightly sitting on Bobby's left leg, but he shrugged and replied, "You'll be aite." Jong In turned to look at Krystal and Mino talking to each other very softly on the other end of the table, remembering that she was acting in the drama that he was currently editing the trailer for. He kept looking at her, realizing that this was the first time he had seen her in person. 

Myungsoo turned to look at Jong In and coughed in a demaning tone to say, "Kai, I called you in so you can get a glimpse of all the actors and actresses so you can make for the poster. Don't sit around and be erted like you usually are." 

"Dude," Jong In replied with a chuckle. "I wasn't even looking at her. I was just trying to remember where I've seen her from." 

"Well, when the other actresses come in, don't let your eyes wander too much."

Jong In raised his eyebrows and smirked, "There's no guarantee for that, my friend. My eyes enjoy wandering." Myungsoo rolled his eyes and started talking to his father, discussing everything that was supposed to be happening today. 

"Hyung," Bobby called for Jong In, leaning his head closer to him. "You got eyes for any celebrities in the film industry? Ya know, which girl could possibly be your future wife?" 

Jong In narrowed his eyes at Bobby and questioned, "Child, why are you asking me this for?" 

"I just wanted to know, Hyung. Myungsoo Hyung is already off the hook for the possibility of liking men, and since you're his best friend, my brain is wondering if you're like what I predicted Myungsoo Hyung to be at first."

"You idiot, I'm not gay." 

"Oh okay, that's good. Feel free to sit on my leg then since I know you're not going to get any thoughts." 

Jong In glared at him and flicked his forehead, making Bobby flinch a little, "Kid, even if I had my eyes on men, they wouldn't be for you. Your eyes are too small for me for you to put on my list of love interests." 

"Why you guys gotta hate on my eyes so much?" Bobby asked, raising his voice up higher. "I'm mad cute, Hyung, how can you not see that?" 

Jong In sighed and rolled his eyes to finally answer, "And no fool, I don't consider anyone in the drama industry to be my future wife. To consider them to be a future wife, I need to know them first."

"Yah Hyung, do you know the definition of a slang word? I didn't mean your actual future wife. I meant a girl that matches your ideal type. You know, once you see her and you're like bam, that is the type of girl I'm looking for. I see you complimenting girls all the time, I would figure you have a favorite actress that you stare at the television screen."

"Kid, I am a man. I don't sit around watching dramas all day long and fanboy over a certain girl to stare at her for a long time. I just like to look at girls, I have my needs. It doesn't matter if they're actresses or not, I just like girls." 

"Damn, you are erted," Bobby assured, squinting his mouth at him. "And what's wrong with fanboying? I fanboy over girls all the time." 

"Child, I have an image to maintain and that image is to be a man. However, you... I don't know what you're trying to maintain. You're like a monkey sent from another planet."

"I'm cuter than a monkey, Hyung." 

"Monkeys have bigger eyes than you," Jong In said bluntly, trying not to laugh at Bobby so hard. Bobby shook his head and continued nudging him more, saying, "Seriously though Hyung. Upon all the girls that your eyes wander to, who the heck is your ideal type? I understand Myungsoo Hyung and his interests in sweet, soft girls but I don't know your interests since your eyes seem to be interested in so many things." 

Jong In slightly chuckled, smirking at Bobby, "Trust me, you wouldn't understand what my type is. I have a strange sense in ladies." 

"Eh?" Bobby questioned, raising an eyebrow. "A strange sense in ladies? What the heck does that mean Hyung?"

"Like I said, I can't explain my ideal type of girl. I like girls who make me happy, I don't know how much more to explain that," Jong In said, remembering something with his conversation on ladies with Bobby. He quickly took out his phone and began to text Hyoyeon again, remembering that he had been texting her since the morning but she didn't respond at all. He knew she was clearly annoyed by him which made him quite entertained, waiting to see what she would actually say if she actually did answer. He smiled and whispered to himself, "Are you waiting to answer me during business hours, Ahjumma?" 

Bobby sneered at him and gave him a disturbed look, "And you call me an alien when you're telling me that you have a strange sense in women. You're weirder than Myungsoo Hyung. At least when I ask him, he tells me to leave him alone. This one here telling me he has a strange sense in women. What kind of lady to you want? A dark-skinned one like you?" 

Before Jong In could answer, the doors opened again which made everyone look up while the next person to walk through doors was Han Bin. He rolled his eyes around the room and then bowed to everyone, going over to sit near the head of the table. Myungsoo brought his wrist up to look at his watch and checked for the time, seeing that there was only five more minutes left until the meeting was going to start. Although he was watching out for the time, he was really looking to see when that one person would walk through those doors. 

A few seconds later, Suho was the one walk into the conference room, bowing to everyone as he came through to take a seat across from Han Bin. Han Bin and him made awkward eye contact with each other, so they continued to smile awkwardly as Suho finally sat down. 

From the other side of the table, Krystal let out a deep breath and whispered to Mino, "Why does this feel so awkward?" 

"Why do you feel awkward?"

"I keep making awkward eye contact with Leeteuk-ssi and it's just weird," Krystal replied in a soft tone, pushing her head closer to Mino in worry. "Everytime I look at that direction, it seems like he's just staring at me." 

"What's wrong with that? I stare at you all the time, you don't seem to find it awkward." 

Krystal glared at him and slightly slapped his leg, hissing softly, "Right now is not the time to be cute, Mino. I'm in an awkward situation right now."

"Well, why do you keep looking at that direction?" Mino questioned, slightly confused by what Krystal was talking about. "The only direction you should be looking at is my way." Mino kept pointing at himself, trying to indicate where she should look which made her only roll her eyes as she realized he didn't get what she was trying to say. Krystal chortled, "Boy, what other direction can I look at? If I keep looking at you, people will know that we're dating. Second of all, I can't stare at you for a long time, I'm not that romantic now." 

Mino was amused by her statement which made him laugh at look at her cutely. Krystal tried to avoid eye contact with Leeteuk as she told Mino, "I'm about to put my head down on the table. If I don't do that, I'm about to just stare at Myungsoo." 

Mino's eyes widened and shook his head in refusal, "Don't stare at Myungsoo Hyung for too long. His good looks might lure you in."

"Boy, if his good looks were to lure me in, they would've lured me in a long time ago. Don't need to be jealous of that sweetie, I have you."

"You're so cute when you're sweet." 

Krystal glared at him and hissed, "I'm not being sweet, fool. I am telling you something that is obviously a fact. Stop being in cute in front of people, you're gonna blow both of our covers." 

Outside of the conference room, Tiffany and Hyoyeon were quickly speed walking to get to the meeting on time. Hyoyeon scratched her head and complained, "Remind me again why I have to come to the meeting. Myungsoo didn't even call me to come, but you had to drag my  all the way here today." As they continued walking up the stairs, Tiffany replied, "I told you. You dragged me into this collaboration project, so I am going to make sure you're involved with this production as much as possible."

"If I could rewind time, I would've not made you a character for this damn drama. Why didn't I just do the four sisters who have four different guys like how Myungsoo originally wanted it?"

Tiffany smiled at her highly amused and shrugged, "This is what you get my friend."

"How many people are going to be at this meeting?" Hyoyeon questioned with a pout, feeling quite nervous of all the people she had to see once she walked into the room. "Where the heck am I going to stand while you guys are all meeting? I'm not even a part of the production."

"Myungsoo's there with his intern that you happen to adore, you'll be fine."

Hyoyeon's phone went off again which made her groan, finally taking out her phone to put it on vibrate. She checked to see if it was the same person that has been texting her since the morning and it sadly was Jong In. She scratched her head and complained, "I wouldn't mind if it was Omma bothering me this much right now." 

"Who the heck has been texting you since the morning? Did you tell Omma you went clubbing or something, because your phone is going off way more than usual today." 

"It's a long  story," Hyoyeon replied angrily, gritting her teeth together. "Remember that kid I told you about? The one who lost the last two pages of my story that night."

"Yeah, how can I forget that?" Tiffany questioned, looking at Hyoyeon with a jeering face. Hyoyeon held up her phone to let her know who she was taking to making Tiffany ask, "Wait. That kid has your number? Umm, you didn't tell me that part of the story." 

"Not from that day," Hyoyeon whined, stomping her foot a few times. "Stupid Myungsoo had to go on a business trip to Andong on Saturday, so he made me meet up with his friend whose a graphic designer to talk about the drama poster. And do you know who his friend was?" 

"Oh my god, are you serious?"

"Does it look like I'm kidding?" 

Tiffany bursted out laughing and pointed at her, almost choking on her own laughter because she was laughing so hard that tears were forming around her eyes. Hyoyeon kept the same motionless face as she crossed her arms and went on, "And you laugh, what else is new?" 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Tiffany apologized, wiping the tears away from her eyes. "You don't find that funny though?" 

"How the heck is that funny? You won't believe this kid's mouth, it's outrageous."" 

"It's funny how small the world is," Tiffany stated, flickering her eyes at her a little bit. "I mean, out of all the graphic designers that make drama posters, how ironic can it be that this one happened to be Myungsoo's friend? It's unbelievable." 

"Yeah, so is his damn mouth." 

Tiffany snickered and smirked at her, whispering to herself, "It's kinda cute." 

"Huh?" Hyoyeon snapped at her when she heard something unpleasant coming from . Tiffany shook her head and denied, "What? I just said it's kinda ironic how you and him met up. You gotta admit, it's a pretty big coincidence." 

"I don't like the sound of how you say that." 

Tiffany shrugged and pursed her lips, "You may not like it, but I'm still saying it's a coincidence." 

"I know, I still don't wanna believe it," Hyoyeon complained, finally shutting off the volume on her phone so she didn't have to hear the notifications going off. Tiffany looked at her and smirked, "What is he messaging you about anyway? Did you call him blackie again?" 

"I don't know, but I gave him a time restriction of when he could message me because he was taking it out of proportion when he said he was going to call me when he arrives home. I told him to only text me about work circumstances at a certain time otherwise I won't answer him if it's out of those time frames."

"So you're gonna answer him back when it's within the time frame?" Tiffany asked, amused by her use of time frame. 

"No, I will not," Hyoyeon said bluntly, continuing to frown with anger. "That stupid child, I don't know why he bothers me so much." 

"I've never seen you so annoyed before," Tiffany stated, trying to figure out why Hyoyeon was more irritated than usual. She wasn't usually the one to get annoyed or frustrated at people easily, so she was wondering how this Jong In guy really was that made her like this. Hyoyeon sarcastically chuckled and replied, "Oh trust me. You've never seen him before. It's not pleasant." 

Once they both stood in front of the room they were supposed to head in, Taeyeon reached at the same point they were on the other side, throwing a smile at them. She was holding a dessert box that seemed to be heavy, making Tiffany throw her an extremely questioned expression, wondering why the heck a small girl was carrying a huge box like that. Taeyeon reached up to them and said in a sweet tone while laughing at herself, "Oh gosh, this is too heavy. How did I walk up the stairs with that?" 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at her, wondering what she meant by the stairs because she didn't get a glimpse of her while walking up. If she knew any better, there was only staircase in this entire building since the other elevator was on a different section of the building. Tiffany and Hyoyeon were the ones to walk up the stairs, but she didn't see Taeyeon at all. Tiffany snickered, "Did you get kicked out of your house or something?" Hyoyeon quickly snapped her neck to look at her, wanting to cover for her response and started giggling while looking at Taeyeon, "What'd you even bring with you? It looks too heavy for a small girl like you to carry."  

"No, I didn't get kicked out of my house," Taeyeon replied softly, biting down on her lip. "I made cupcakes for everyone today. Feel free to grab one before you guys leave the room. I made so many." She turned to look at Tiffany, realizing that this was her first encounter with one of Korea's most known actresses so she bent her legs down and greeted her, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm finally working with you. You're so much prettier in person." 

Tiffany slightly looked away and crossed her arms, "Am I ugly on screen then?" 

"Oh no, I didn't mean that," Taeyeon corrected, slightly widening her eyes. "You're super pretty on screen, you're just absolutely gorgeous in person." 

"Maybe you should go in," Hyoyeon interrupted, trying to make Taeyeon go into the room so she didn't have to hear more of Tiffany's blunt responses. This was the main reason why Hyoyeon didn't enjoy coming by the building since she always came out feeling bad for all the people that Tiffany decides to be cold towards. Hyoyeon smiled at her and then opened the door, nudging her to go in first and said, "That box looks way too heavy for you to be carrying it any longer. Thanks for being so generous for making them." Taeyeon gave her a small bow to thank her as she went past her to enter the conference room. Hyoyeon looked at Tiffany and pointed her finger at her, saying, "Why you gotta be so fake, huh?" 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow at her and smirked, "Number one tip to survival, baby girl." Hyoyeon slightly groaned as Tiffany passed her as well and went into the room, making Hyoyeon take a deep breath before she walked in as well. The moment when Hyoyeon walked in, everyone turned to look at her and Tiffany, making her bow to everyone while Tiffany stayed still. As she t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter