Villain Under Disguise

Behind The Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give the truth.

"Hyung!" Bobby called, scrolling through Myungsoo's computer and happily smiling. Myungsoo turned around with a questioned face and asked, "What's up?" 

Bobby kept scrolling down the computer, smiling excitedly and laughing as he looked through the pictures. Myungsoo slightly became impatient, crossing his arms while holding his binder and stood nearby the bookshelf, "Kid, are you looking at girls on my computer or something? Why are you smiling like an idiot?" 

"Hyung," he whined, looking at Myungsoo with a small glare. "I am not that dumb of a person now. If I use your computer to look at girls, that would result me getting hit on the head. Why would I do that?"

Myungsoo sighed loudly and glared back at him with a more demanding look, "I asked you to check my e-mail for any important updates, you fool. Why are you look at my computer screen like an idiot?" 

"I am looking at your e-mail right now, your inbox is blowing up Hyung."

He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose, "Don't tell me there's another scandal."

"Umm nope, it's the complete opposite from a scandal."

"Huh?" He asked, putting down his binder on the sofa and quickly walking over to him. Bobby scrolled down the e-mail and clicked on one of them, opening up a different page to see a blown up picture of Minji. 

Myungsoo's mouth slightly hung open, seeing a new picture of Minji that he hadn't seen before. His eyes began to flicker a few times, surprised that to see her on the computer screen. He slightly smiled, looking at the picture with a pair of sweet eyes staring down at her in a white dress with black polka dots, smiling sweetly to the camera. Her dark red hair was dropped down with a small wave at her ends, and her bangs braided to the top of her head. The background behind her was a gray background, making her very the most noticable subject of the photo, which made Myungsoo smile more.

"Hyung," Bobby called, waving a hand a few times in his face. Myungsoo continued staring at her picture in awe, completely mesmorized by her beauty. Bobby looked back at Minji's picture, officially noticing that Myungsoo was most definitely interested in this girl. He coughed to get his attention, speaking up louder, "Hyung, are you breathing?"

"Move," Myungsoo demanded, sitting in the same seat with Bobby. Bobby wasn't even to get up yet, so Myungsoo basically sat on one of his legs, taking control of the mouse and the computer to see more pictures. Bobby glared at Myungsoo and asked, "You think you're light or something, Hyung?" Myungsoo completely ignored him, continuing to sit in the same seat, squeezing together in the rolling chair as he looked through the pictures.

Myungsoo began to ask curiously, "Why is my e-mail blowing up? Is it about Minji?"

Bobby tried to get his left leg that Myungsoo sat his entire body on, but it didn't seem to work. While Myungsoo stared at the computer, Bobby squinted his eyes at him and clenched his teeth, answering, "Yes, all the e-mails are about Minji." 

"What is it about?" 

Still biting down on his teeth and glaring at him, he answered, "They're asking about who she is. The behind the scenes footage of the photo shoot came out yesterday and everyone seems to like her. Her Instagram followers boosted up within twenty four hours and there's already a Facebook page with over five thousand fans. She's rising and she hasn't even begun to play any dramas yet."

"She has an Instagram?" Myungsoo asked, turning to look at Bobby. 

"Yeah, just ignore everything I just said Hyung."

Myungsoo took out his phone and handed it to Bobby, requesting, "Follow her for me."

Bobby widened his eyes at him, still trying to get his entire body off his leg, but he decided that his leg just had to give out because he seemed to be so intrigued by looking at Minji's pictures. Bobby grabbed his phone from him, unlocking the screen then pressing on his Instagram in order to find Minji's page. As Bobby searched for her name, he told Myungsoo, "Hmm Hyung. She needs to get some roles for a drama soon, it seems like people want to watch her already." 

"We'll give them something to watch then." 

Bobby smiled and squinted his eyes, poking his arms to tease, "You're such a sweet person, Hyung. Look at you supporting your future wife." Myungsoo finally slowly turned to glare at Bobby, who waved his fingers at him while looking at him with a twinkle his eyes. Bobby continued poking him while Myungsoo grabbed onto his fingers roughly, threatening to twist them, "Child, do I look like a toy to you? You're poking at me like I'm some Ken doll or something."

"Technically speaking, you can't really be a Ken doll. A Ken doll has blonde hair and blue eyes, which is something that you most definitely don't have," Bobby replied, making Myungsoo glare at him again. "But if you were to be a doll, you'd have to find an Asian one, because you most definitely can't pass as anything else. I mean, look at your eyes and your nose." 

"You got something on my eyes and my nose?"

Bobby became intimidated when he say Myungsoo's striking eyes staring him down. Bobby patted his shoulders and defended himself, replying, "No Hyung, your eyes and your nose go in proportion with your face. Goodness, you didn't even let me finish the sentence. I am saying, you would make a perfect Asian doll because you're so handsome, Hyung." 

"I'm not a doll."

"Oh trust me, I know you're not a doll." 

Myungsoo looked back on his computer screen and began checking through his e-mails, seeing all the messages contained the name Gong Minji. He smiled very widely, knowing that they were all positive toned messages, wanting to know who Minji was. 

Bobby chuckled a bit, then asked, "So should we promote her, Hyung? She could be the next hottest thing Korea has. The New Year is coming up too, we should put her in the calendar photo shoot that's coming up towards the end of the year. Doesn't that sound good?" 

Myungsoo smiled more and nodded his head, "Oh she's definitely getting promoted." 

"That's the way to go Hyung. You need to support your future wife in this area, since after all, you are the personal affairs manager."

"Yah, can you not say that so loud?" 

"Say what, Hyung? That you're the personal affairs manager?" 

"You idiot, I mean saying that Minji is my future wife. First of all, people would misinterpret that entire sentence coming from your loud mouth. Second of all, Minji would look bad starting off in the industry. Third, you're making me sound like a desperate and single man. And fourth, people will think I hired a delusional intern." 

Bobby held up four fingers and replied, "And fifth, do you have to number everything when you explain things to me? I am your intern Hyung, not your student." 

"Yeah, and you're about to be my victim if you keep asking me questions."

Bobby smiled at him widely and continued looking at the pictures with Myungsoo, reading along with him. He coughed and asked, "How are you gonna promote her? Should we blast all of her pictures on the website, then blow up all the modeling pictures throughout the building? That would bring a lot of attention from the media and the people who want to know who she is." 

Myungsoo looked at him and explained, "Bobby, the point of promoting a new actress or actor to our company isn't all about blasting pictures, videos and news articles about them. A new member needs introuduction. This video footage of the Behind-The-Scenes photo shoot is the first method of seeing how people will react to someone new that's probably going to be on television. You can't just blow out and push her into people's faces, the industry doesn't work like that."

"Well she's already been introduced already, so shouldn't be promoted now?" 

"The promoting will start," Myungsoo replied very confidently. "But to be successful in this entertainment industry, you have to be settle about promotions. You have to move along with what the people want, that's the real success to being a part of this industry. Understand?" 

Bobby nodded his head slowly, trying to grasp the new information that he was taught by Myungsoo. He scratched his cheek a little and replied, "Got it Hyung." 

"Did you follow her on Instagram for me yet?" 

"Yes Master," he replied sarcastically, opening Myungsoo's phone back up to look through his newsfeed. "You don't even use Instagram though, why do you even want to follow her?" 

"Fool, I use it to keep my actors and actresses in check."

Bobby sneered a little, replying confusingly, "You don't even follow them though. You know you have over twenty five thousand followers on your Instagram, but you're only following thirteen people. How could you even keep in check with all your actors?"

"Just because I don't follow them, doesn't mean I can't find their Instagram page," Myungsoo replied, beginning to reply to an e-mail to the magazine company that took Minji in to do a photo shoot. 

"Oh, you smart," Bobby joked, raising his voice higher. "You should go be a spy. That would've been another perfect job for you. You don't follow them but you spy on their pages to see if their behaving well. I see what you're doing there."

"I have to keep them under control. If I follow them, then they would know I'm watching them, and they wouldn't be themselves. That's my job, I keep all of them under control."

"You know what else you have under control, Hyung?" Bobby asked, while nervously laughing. 

"What?"

"Your entire body on my damn leg!"

"Boy, I'm not fat," Myungsoo argued, slightly glaring at Bobby. 

"Oh I know, but you ain't light either. Don't flatter yourself," Bobby babbled, which didn't break Myungsoo's glare from him. He continued sitting in the same position, ignoring Bobby's struggle at the moment. Bobby clenched his teeth, wanting to reach out and pinch his ears off. Bobby sighed and continued wondering, "So why am I following her for you? If someone makes it on your following list, I consider them the luckiest person ever. You're not even following Taeyeon Noona, whose literally the number one angel in our production company. But you're following Tiffany Noona, which makes no sense." 

"Have you seen the trouble Tiffany causes me?" Myungsoo rhetorically asked, while typing on his keyboard rapidly. "Even by following her, she still causes me trouble. I have my reasons, child." 

"Minji hasn't even caused trouble for you though, you might scare the poor girl by following her." 

Myungsoo didn't say anything because he was afraid of getting teased and played by Bobby. He only coughed and demanded, "Just do what I say, you fool." 

"Alright, done," Bobby replied, taking out his phone as well. "You're officially following fourteen people and you have yet to press like on any picture of the peope you follow." 

"Well, I can start liking now," he said in a soft tone, which made Bobby say, "What'd you say Hyung?" 

"You ask too many questions." 

"I am your intern," he replied, squinting his mouth. "As an intern, I can question anything if I'm curious." 

"Yeah, and as your manager and the person signing your intern papers, I can hit you too."

"Hyung, you act like I don't know that you hit me. If I didn't love you, I could make you pay for my health insurance fees due to the after shock has been brought to my brain after you hitting me. But since I love you, you're off the hook." 

"Kid, I have no time to play with you right now. Call Uncle Denny to come to the building for an urgent meeting by tomorrow morning, I'll tell Appa myself when I get home."

"Wait, a meeting?" Bobby asked, getting caught off guard. "An urgent meeting about what, Hyung?" 

"We have to do a project that geatures the new actors and actresses part of our company," Myungsoo replied quickly as the idea popped right into his head. "We need to get this idea approved by them. You were right, Bobby." 

"Right about what? Are you actually complimenting me Hyung?" 

Myungsoo smiled and responded happily, "It doesn't have to be only Minji who can be the next big thing in the entertainment industry." 

Tiffany bursted out laughing, causing her to almost choke on her ice water. She tried to talk through her laughter, joking to Hyoyeon, "Oh my god, you have to be kidding me, right? You're completely lying about this story, right?" 

Hyoyeon looked at her with a dissatisfied stare, not expecting that reaction from her after telling about the encounter with the younger guy who lost the last page of her story. As Tiffany continued laughing, Hyoyeon coughed to stop her and responded, "Yah, why are you laughing so hard? I'm telling you that the kid lost the last page of my story outline, so I couldn't finish it until noontime today. I am telling you that my boss complained about being unpunctual until I started crying. You're really just going to sit there and laugh?" 

"Girl, I'm not laughing about your boss scowling at you," Tiffany replied, shaking her head to correct Hyoyeon. "I'm laughing at the fact that you and that kid had an argument. Out of all the people, you actually got mad?" 

"I don't play when it comes to my stories. You know that," Hyoyeon said sternly, pointing a pair of chopsticks into her face. 

Tiffany confirmed and said, "Oh trust me, I know. When we were fifteen, you chased a guy down in a subway tunnel because he accidentally took your notebook on the train. Trust me, I know how you are when someone messes with your stories." 

"So why are you laughing when I'm telling you this kid lost the last page of my story?" Hyoyeon whined, going back to eating her food on her plate. "You know it completely screwed up my writing structure. I was so ready on finishing the last chapter of that story, but then that damn kid lost it. I don't even know if my ending makes sense now, it sounds stupid."  

"Because..." Tiffany started, drifting off a little to laugh more, putting her water down so she wouldn't spill it anymore. "This story is coming from you, the girl who eats food that's burned just because you don't want to return it to the kitchen. Girl, you are the most peachy person that's anyone's ever met, that is why I'm laughing. " 

"Are you not getting the point of that idiotic child losing my stories?"

"I know, and as your best friend whose being brutally honest right now... I want to say that you should stick with your nice image, because sweetie, being mean doesn't really work out for you." 

Hyoyeon squinted at her and sighed loudly, "What's that supposed to mean?" 

"You called the kid blackie," Tiffany reminded her, continuously making fun of Hyoyeon. "That's not really standing up for yourself because you're angry about him losing your stories, that's just you sounding racist to a dark-skinned person. Girl, buy a book on how to insult people because you obviously don't know anything about that."

"I just said whatever came to my angry mind blurted out," Hyoyeon replied, sitting back a little. "I didn't even know what I was saying half the time. I just kept going on and on and on like an old person. I must've sounded stupid trying to insult that kid."

"Are you feeling bad now Ahjumma?" Tiffany joked, making Hyoyeon stare at her. She shook her head and rest her elbows on the table, replying, "For now maybe. But if I see that kid again, I can guarantee that I won't be feeling bad. Let's just hope that doesn't happen though." 

Tiffany smirked, continuing to eat so she could try to finish all the meat and vegetables that were on the grill. They both had a lunch break at the same time, so they met up to eat in order to tell each other recent stories that happened to them, which was something they always did if they had time. 

"Wait, so you did everything I told you to do, right?" Hyoyeon asked Tiffany, pointing at her with her pair of chopsticks. Tiffany slurped her glass of water, that was filled with mostly ice, just so she wouldn't have to answer her best friend directly. Hyoyeon hit her hands and continued exclaiming, "Girl, I'm being serious. Did you fulfill the scene that I imagined it to be?"

"Yes, I did," Tiffany responded, finally giving up. "I placed the gun right in between them to symbolize she was hurt by the two of them. I didn't direct the gun right at the girl because she wasn't hurt by only the girl, even though she doesn't want to say that she was hurt by the guy. The camera was even zoomed in to the gun because it symbolizes cowardice and revenge due to the fact that the character of Min Hee, aka me, was hurt so deeply that she needed to hurt them back. How's that for symbolism for your story?"

Hyoyeon smiled happily, sliding back to her seat and dramatically put her hands under her chin. She had a tinkly feeling thinking about the scene and said, "I can't wait to see how it comes out. Another legendary scene written by Kim Hyoyeon, played by the legendary actress, Tiffany Hwang. Ah, you don't know how much effort I put into writing that scene."

"Oh trust me, I know," Tiffany corrected, widening her eyes at her. "Everytime I was over your condo, you repeated the scene to me over a hundred times and asked me if it was detailed enough. Girl, don't act like I don't know. I feel like I didn't have to rehearse the lines because I heard it so many damn times." 

As Hyoyeon laughed a little, she changed the topic and asked, "So how's the Krystal girl? Is she getting better with the acting?" 

"Eh, she's alright. I've seen better newbies that work faster than her, but I'm sure she'll be fine," Tiffany replied with a shrug. "Her and the guy look good together." 

Hyoyeon smiled and danced a little with her shoulders, "I chose the right guy, huh? I was afraid that they would choose a girl that wouldn't match with him, but Krystal Jung surprisingly goes well with him."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah girl," Tiffany responded, only waving a hand at her to imply towards her confidence. Tiffany was always happy when Hyoyeon was so proud of her stories though, she was so insecure about everything else, she felt that the only thing that would boost up her insecurities were her stories. "You were the one who actually chose him to be the main guy? I thought Myungsoo didn't go with your request." 

"Umm yeah, I had to choose Mino. Do you see how hot the guy is? He fit my role so perfectly." Hyoyeon answered, raising her voice up a little bit. "I was so afraid of Myungsoo not letting me choose, otherwise, I would've been sad to see how the main guy turned out for this story. I worked too hard on it to have it turn out bad." 

Tiffany chuckled a little and answered, "He would so be the guy for you if his brains were brighter. Everything about him matches up to your type of guy, but I don't know if he's even functioning properly half time we're on the set. I'm surprised the boy even memorizes his lines half the time." 

"Yeah, if he wasn't so young for me. Girl, I'm a twenty five year old woman, I need someone my age." Hyoyeon said, making Tiffany chuckle a bit. After talking about work, Hyoyeon realized that they had been eating Korean barbeque, which always made their hair smell quite bad after leaving the restaurant. "Hey, are you even supposed to be eating this stuff? Don't you have to go back to the set to work? Your hair is gonna smell horrible after this." 

"Please, I don't care about that. I have to change back at the set anyway. And who cares about my hair? You act like the people who are watching are going to care about the grilled onion scent in my hair."

"Alright, don't feel bad for your co-workers who have to deal with that scent then." 

Tiffany only smiled as she continued picking on her food, and looking happy being with Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon slightly smiled as she looked at her best friend, always happy to see her smiling. She was always so down and unhappy from work sometimes, it made her pity Tiffany sometimes. Even though she put on this strong and tough image, sometimes the girl just needed a break.

Hyoyeon coughed and continued to talk, getting Tiffany's attention, "My new story is gonna be about you." 

"Did you even finish your old story yet?" 

"Girl," she responded loudly, squinting her eyes at her. "The old story is going to finish. I have a new story in mind, maybe I'll make use of it." 

"What's it about now?" 

"A villain under disguise," Hyoyeon answered, making Tiffany freeze as she picked up a piece of chicken to put in . Hyoyeon figure that she knew it applied to her, making her smile with satisfaction. 

"What disguise is this, huh? A pig?" Tiffany snickered at herself, since she was eating meat at the moment. 

"You fool, that'd be a comedy if I did that. A story about Tiffany Hwang, a villain under disguise. The real image under all that badness and evilness, is a pure, sweet and kind-hearted girl. But how long will it take for people to realize that? Who will be the one to rip the mask and costume off?" 

"Yah, I'm wearing no mask. I'm too pretty to be wearing a mask, you fool." 

"How's the story though?" Hyoyeon asked, leaning her body closer towards Tiffany. They stared at each other jokingly for about ten seconds before Tiffany answered, "Cliche." 

Hyoyeon smirked and shrugged, "Cliche, but it's based on a true story." 

"Alright, enough daydreaming Miss Author. No matter what you write, your stories always rank the highest for the best-selling novels. Now hurry up and eat your food, I need to be dropped back off at the set before five." 

"Ugh, why don't you ever listening to me talk about the real side to yourself? You act like it's a bad thing, or something. How great of a story would that be though? Add a little love line in there to make it more spicy, you know? It'll be a masterpiece."

"Oh yeah, what love line would you create?" Tiffany sarcastically asked, raising an eyebrow at her. "There is none in real life that you could base in your story." 

She pursed her lips together and tried to think hard, clicking her chopsticks together a few times. She looked at Tiffany sweetly and pouted , replying, "I don't know yet. But it has to be a special guy, because my bestie is a special person. I ain't giving you to no one that easily, the man better be extravagant to have you as a girlfriend." 

Tiffany bursted out laughing and chuckled, "Oh gosh, whenever I find that extravagant man, I will be sure to tell you first so I can give you all the details about him. Just keep waiting, alright? Maybe I'll tell you in my next lifetime."

"Girl, it's not going to take that long. You are beautiful, you are famous, you are amazing. It's just you who gets picky with guys." 

"Oh, oh, oh, I'm picky," Tiffany replied, almost choking on her food. "This is coming from the girl who lays out the outline of what kind of man she wants. Shoot, if you listed the qualities you wanted in your dream boyfriend, it'd be at least fifty pages."

"I am a writer," Hyoyeon defended herself, twinkling her eyes. "Us writers have high expectations because we write out what we expect to happen in life. Also, all my stories are based off of romance and love. So as a writer, it's safe to say that I have the right to have a picky mindset." 

Tiffany sneered at her sarcastically, rolling her eyes, "And as a person who reads all of your damn stories and plays most of the roles for it, I have the right to have the same mindset as you. We on the same page now?" 

"Umm no, we'll never be on the same page," Hyoyeon argued, not giving up with this conversation. "I write all the stories. I create the storylines, I create the characters, I create the timeline of events that's going to happen in the story. Therefore, I am the one who plans everything out. You, on the other hand, read and play the roles, and make my writing successful. You do not grasp the feels that I have when I am writing out every single word on that p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter