Chapter 6.

Different

Chapter 6

 

 

        Kim Taehyung had just added Jisoo on Kakao Talk. Jisoo tried to control her temper, trying to calm herself down while breathing in and out, but that didn’t work and she just screamed. Her scream was filled with happiness and she didn’t know why. The scream she emitted resulted in her parents running upstairs with a ladle and a frying pan asking her what was wrong in an urgent tone. Jisoo tried to hide her red and awkward face, telling them that she was okay and that she just stubbed her toe on her nightstand. She sighed in relief when her parents left the room, saying something along the lines of “Our daughter is really clumsy, isn’t she?” with a little bit of giggling at the end. After closing her door for no interruptions, she unlocked her phone again and looked at the screen. “Oh my god, what do I say?” Jisoo asked herself as she kept on looking at the keyboard. “Okay, maybe I’ll just type a single hello and see where it goes.” She said in her head as her hand started typing out the characters. She clicked send and god she felt like a ton was just dropped on her shoulders. Her fingertips were shaking and cold, she wanted to just delete her account, throw away her phone and crawl under her bed covers.

 

 

Jisoo flopped onto her bed and held her cell phone in her right hand, waiting for the ‘ding’ sound to come on. After twenty-seven seconds of agonizing quietness and heavy breathing, she heard the notification sound. She sat up immediately, regretting that choice as the blood rushed to her head and made her slightly dizzy for a second, and unlocked her phone. ‘Is this Lee Jisoo?’ was what was written on the screen, a picture of the peach emoticon with a confused look. Jisoo giggled and oh my god, did she just giggle? She never giggles with full sincerity, most of them were fake or forced. Jisoo coughed and stayed focus on her task, she replied with a simple and short, yes. Taehyung replied back with ‘Nice, what’s up?!’ and a little emoticon. Jisoo felt much more comfortable after the cute little emoticons he sent her, which resulted in her feeling much more relaxed about talking to him. They started talking back and forth, which felt like complete bliss.

 

 

 Kim Taehyung and Lee Jisoo pulled an all-nighter, texting each other; feeling pure euphoria and pleasure.

 

 

After five hours of talking non-stop, it was already four AM. As much as they wanted to keep on talking and knowing more about each other, both of them were really tired and decided to call it a night (or morning?). Jisoo turned off her phone and god it felt as if she just let go of herself. She learned a lot of things about him that night. His favourite colour was black and white, he’s a Capricorn, his birthday was on December 30th and so much more. Taehyung learned a lot of things about her that night. Her favourite colour was blue (the colour of the ocean in the summer), she’s a Cancer, and her birthday was on July 20th.

 

 

        Lee Jisoo turned over to the side, facing her night stand and looked at her clock; it was four-ten AM. She sighed and rolled back to her original position, facing the ceiling. As much as she wanted to sleep, she couldn’t because her heart was beating so fast. She has never felt so much joy in the past few years (except food, of course). She felt so alive and replenished, she actually talked to a person and that person was someone that saved her. “God, my heart is beating so fast. What do I do?” Jisoo thought as she looked up, darkness engulfing her body under the sheets. After thinking for twenty minutes, Jisoo fell asleep.

 

 

        Kim Taehyung turned over to his side, looking at the lit clock that hung up on his walls; it was four-ten AM. He groaned in frustration and looked up at his ceiling. His heart was also beating, not at a normal pace, but it was really fast. He couldn’t sleep at all, not after the long conversation he had with Jisoo. “Why did I even decide to talk to her?” Taehyung asked himself. He talked to her because she was different; she was special, virtuous, and angelic. It was as if God had decided to send someone down from Heaven and make his life so much better. He moaned in exasperation and moved his right hand on top of his heart. “Damn it Taehyung, why did you do this to yourself?!” He thought and moved his hand back to his original position, near his sides. After thinking for twenty minutes, Taehyung fell asleep.

 

 

        On Sunday, Jisoo woke up and realized that she was a mess. Her heart was still beating as fast as before and every time she thought about Taehyung, her heart felt constricted with happiness. She knew that there was something that could get rid of this feeling, food. So Jisoo spent the morning getting ready and making sure that she had the money to eat out. “Hey mom, I’m going to eat outside, are you okay with that?!” Jisoo yelled out from the inside of the door. “Sure honey! Do you need some change along with that?” her mom replied with an even louder voice. Jisoo replied with a loud yes and went downstairs to fetch the ten-thousand won. “Bye mom and dad, see you later!” Jisoo yelled out to her parents before leaving the front door. She walked along the sidewalk and spotted a nearby ramen house. She walked inside and was greeted by the staff working there. They asked her how many people and she embarrassedly stuck up her index finger. They led her to a table and she ordered right away, surprising the waitress. When the food arrived, the chopsticks were already in Jisoo’s hands. Jisoo ate the noodles deliciously, slurping each bit of noodles, and at last drank all the soup broth. Jisoo sighed in content and slumped on the back of her chair.

 

 

“This is what Heaven feels like” Jisoo thought and frowned when her consciousness replied with something along the lines of “You feel like you’re in Heaven only with Taehyung”.

 


It's me, again! I may not update as much this week because I have a ton of homework! Please enjoy this chapter, comment, and upvote!^^ -stephanotis.