Chapter 1.

Different

Chapter 1:

          Lee Jisoo was walking down the hallway, books pressed to her chest, and thighs rubbing against each other. She occasionally bumped into other people which resulted in the person sneering at her and muttering swear words underneath their breathe. Jisoo didn’t want to bump into other people. It was just the way her body was built. She was different from the rest of the girls. Appearance and personality wise. Jisoo was shorter than the other girls, she had fat rolls on her stomach, her thighs rubbed against each other when walking, and her personality was so much different from the rest, much more mature, understanding, and wise. She understood the society she lived in, the way society would push away the people that were different, unusual, and incompatible. And she was the different ones, as much as she hated to admit it.

 

 

          “I’m very sorry” Jisoo muttered politely as her shoulder bumped into one of cheerleaders. “If you were sorry, you wouldn’t have done that, you fatass!” she replied with a harsh tone, making the people around her laugh loud and earnestly. Jisoo would’ve started crying on the spot if only she wasn’t so use to these words that were spat at her throughout the day. As much as she wanted to talk back, she couldn’t, because that meant that Jisoo knew that those words were true, and that would give the bullies pleasure, which would result in more bullying. She didn’t want that, so all she did was clasp her fingers in her fist and start digging her nails into her skin so hard it would cause little nail marks.

 

 

          Jisoo walked away with her textbooks and went to her last class before the lunch bell would ring. She walked into her Math class to hear people gossiping about rumours again. What was so interesting about rumours? How could it be entertainment to spread something to ruin someone’s life? Jisoo sighed and placed her books on her desk and waited for the teacher to come and teach. While resting her head on her arms, she could hear girls talking about the new students that have transferred here. “Oh my God! Did you see him?! He was so hot I literally felt like I was on fire!” The girls squealed in happiness as one of them continued with their talk. “Pfft, who would even transfer here in the middle of the school year?” Jisoo thought as she picked at her nails.

 

 

          “Everybody settle down!” The teacher yelled as he walked into the room. Everyone quieted down in an instant. Mr. Kim was terrifying and monstrous when he was angry; no one wanted to anger him so everyone settled down in three seconds. “Now everyone, flip your math textbook to page 125, read everything, and then we will get started on our lesson.”

 

 

          After one hour and five minutes of excruciating pain of mathematics, the bell rung which made Jisoo happy but worried at the same time. Even though Jisoo was able to handle a bully swearing at her, she wouldn’t want a bully bullying her so every lunch, Jisoo would go to the library, in the secluded corner and eat her lunch that her mom packed her.

 

 

          Jisoo walked down the hallways, trying to conceal her identity so no one can see her but that obviously didn’t work since she was so much bigger than everybody else. “Thank god I haven’t bumped into anyone ye-“Jisoo thought, but as she thought of that she accidentally bumped into someone. “God damn, I don’t have to deal with this again.” She said. Jisoo looked up to apologize but was frozen as she stared up at a male student’s brown eyes. He was looking back at her, with the same intensity that she was looking at him. “Oh my god, he’s gorgeous.”Jisoo thought as she looked up at him. “He looks like a male god. Did he get sent down from the heavens? His skin is so perfect and just oh my g-“Jisoo stopped herself from blabbering in her head for way too long. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to bump into you.”She said apologetically while bowing at the male. She was ready for the mutters of swear words to hit her but it didn’t. “No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have bumped into you.” The mysterious male said as he bowed back down at her. Jisoo was left speechless. No one in her school has ever spoken like that to her. It was always the constant fatass, ugly, and , but a sorry? Never in her entire school years. Jisoo was left in a daze, staring up at him, until she realized she look like an idiot. “N-no, you don’t have to be sorry, it’s m-my f-fault! G-goodbye!”She stuttered while running over to the bathrooms, opposite of where she was standing.

 

 

          “Oh god, you’re such an idiot! You were staring up at him like a fool! But those eyes, those dark brown eyes.” Jisoo thought as she sat on the toilet, in one of the bathroom stalls, while eating a triangle kimbap. She slapped herself in the face, to get rid of the hot and burning sensation on her cheeks, but it didn’t work. “UGH! Stop thinking about him and just think of something else!”Jisoo thought as she slapped herself in the face once more, a bit harder than last time. While Jisoo was left slapping herself in the face, she could hear the sound of the bathroom door opening. “Did you see the way he looked at her?! He looked so disgusted! I bet he saw one of her buttons pop on her shirt!” A girl laughed with her friends. Jisoo looked down at her shirt, to realize that no buttons popped or anything of the sort to embarrass her, except maybe the fact she was staring. “Let’s just stop talking about Jisoo. Even saying her name wants me to puke out Choco pies, oh wait! But I don’t even eat them! I bet she eats a whole pack in a day! What a pig.”Another girl said before leaving the restroom with her clique. “I don’t even eat a whole pack a day; I haven’t eaten a Choco pie in two months.” Jisoo said as she looked down at her kimbap. After finishing her lunch, she waited until the bell rang so she could get out. Jisoo grabbed her textbooks from her locker and walked to her next class, being careful of bumping into people.

 

 

          After finishing the day of school, Jisoo walked home by herself with her ear buds plugged in, listening to the calm music. While walking, Jisoo couldn’t help but think of the male student she saw earlier? Who was he? Was he one of the new students the girls were talking about today? Jisoo had so many questions swirling in her head. After arriving home, she kicked off her shoes, greeted her parents, and walked up the stairs to her room.

 

 

          Jisoo spent the rest of her time doing her homework, at 6:34 PM; she was called down to eat dinner. After eating, she went upstairs to shower. After showering, she went to bed with her Spiderman pyjamas. And there was never a second she stopped thinking about the dark brown-eyed boy.

 


          Please enjoy the first chapter of this fanfiction. I greatly appreciate constructive criticism. Also please upvote or subscirbe! Thank you very much! -stephanotis