Chapter 19.

Different

Chapter 19

 

 

        Jisoo was still lying down on the cold concrete sidewalk with her back facing the ground. She was looking up at the stars that dotted the sky, feeling too numb from the coldness to stand up and walk her way towards home. Her eyes had been stinging for too long because she hadn’t closed them in a while. She had been thinking for a few minutes ever since the group of girls had left. ‘Who was Yerin and what did she have to do with Taehyung?’ was the main question that was echoing throughout her mind. Jisoo sighed, getting fed up with her thoughts and sat up, feeling a pain in her arm as she supported herself. She groaned in pain as she tried to stand up because of the new bruises that were forming on her leg, no scratch that, every single part of her body.

 

 

        Jisoo stood up successfully and started continuing her way towards home. She thanked god that her parents had late shifts to work today because if they had seen her like that, they would start berating and scolding her and she didn’t want that to happen. She saw her home and sighed in relief as she continued her way, feeling happy that she could finally be able to treat her wounds. She trudged up the stair steps that lead to her door, took out her keys from her pocket, and opened her door, feeling blinded by the yellow-undertone light that emitted from the ceiling light. She dropped her backpack on the ground, walking upstairs with a pained expression on her face, and went over to her room, opening the bathroom door quickly.

 

 

Jisoo opened her cabinet that was stuck on the wall and above her toilet and took out of the first aid kit that she had always hid in the corner. She would never think that she would ever need to use one since she was careful but not this time. She looked into her mirror and saw the cuts that were scattered all over her face. Jisoo took out of the rubbing alcohol and a few Q-Tips and soaked the q-tip into the liquid. She flinched as she felt one of her cuts start stinging from the rubbing alcohol. After five minutes of excruciating pain on her face, she finally finished and applied Polysporin. She groaned loudly as she realized that she also had to take care of the wounds that were on her arms as well.

 

 

        The following ten minutes were of Jisoo screaming out in pain while trying not to rip her hair out of her scalp. There were little band-aids that were scattered on her leg after she was finished and to say the least, she looked like an idiot. She changed into her pajamas, trying not to swear from the

 

 

        Jisoo sighed, walking painfully over to her bed, and rolled onto her mattress. She squirmed in agony, trying to get comfortable and as soon as she successfully did that, she started thinking about that damned picture.

 

 

        Jisoo felt her heart constrict even thinking about it. She knew that she couldn’t go up and start ing at Taehyung right away, she was smarter than that. She had to process through all of it thoroughly before she can make accusations, but that didn’t meant that her mind could stop the scenes that were playing in her head. All she could think was that Taehyung had gone behind her back and had done some things and god, she just wanted it to stop but she couldn’t.

 

 

        Jisoo knew that there was one thing that she had to do at that moment and that was to call the date off the next day. As much as she hated doing it, she had to do for her sake.

 

 

        Jisoo opened her phone that was lying beside her and clicked on the KakaoTalk app. She clicked on the chat that had with Taehyung a few hours ago and started typing. ‘hey, im not going to be at school tomorrow. im getting sick with the flu, scared to contaminate you.’ She typed in before clicking on the send button. Jisoo hated lying, but she chose to or else she would feel sick every time she looked at him in the eyes.

 

 

        After fourteen seconds (And yes, she did count), she got a reply back from Taehyung with a sad emoticon. ‘aw, that . feel better! might visit you tomorrow tho.’ He added afterwards. Jisoo smiled a bit, but panicked after he said that he was going to visit her. She quickly grasped her phone tightly and started typing back. ‘keke, it’s okay! you don’t need to. i’ll be fine by myself.’ She typed back while waiting for his response. Taehyung cutely replied with an emoticon which was nodding its head up and down. ‘alright, i’ll see you on Monday.’ He typed back and Jisoo sent him an emoticon of a bear with love eyes.

 

 

        Jisoo sighed, turning off her phone, and ready to just cuddle up with her blankets. She couldn’t blame Taehyung for all of this. They had just started dating and they didn’t know much about each other, especially considering this was probably in the past. But Jisoo’s heart hurt, and she didn’t know why. She had to be understanding and mature about this and she felt as if she was a because all she could think about was Taehyung betraying her.

 

 

        That night, Jisoo had fallen asleep, tears streaking down her face with a confused mind and heart.


I think this is one of the shortest chapters I have ever wrote. I've just been super stressed from school. Guess who has two tests and one quiz next week? Ha. Anyways, thank you for the lovely comments you guys post that gives me strength! Please enjoy this chapter, comment, and upvote! -stephanotis.