Chapter 20.

Different

Chapter 20

 

 

        Lee Jisoo woke up with pulsing headache from her alarm and due to the blurred vision that she was encountering with, she knew that it was going to turn into a migraine. ‘Who knew that lying about being sick could actually make me sick?’ Jisoo thought, throwing out a bitter chuckle. The pounding alarm made her headache worsen and she didn’t wait to spring into action to turn it off. She let out a sigh of relief as the alarm stopped; letting her migraine calm down and turn the erratic pulsing into a smooth, rhythmic beat.

 

 

        Right after her headache had somewhat subsided, Jisoo’s mother had started banging the door, alarming the ladder to wake up and eat breakfast. Jisoo groaned, immediately regretting it after her headache started getting more intense. “Hey mom, can you just come in for a moment?” She said with a low and scratchy tone. Jisoo grabbed the bottle of water that was on her nightstand and took a swig out of it, feeling the cold liquid drench down .

 

 

        Jisoo’s mother came in; almost scared to death because of the state that Jisoo was in. Jisoo’s hair looked like a crow’s nest, hair sticking up in every direction and unable to mold back in place. Her clothes were wrinkled and one of the legs of her pajama pants was risen up to her knee. Even from a far, you could tell that Jisoo had drooled a bit while sleeping and god, she just looked like a hot mess. “Jisoo-ah, you look so sick and tired. Omo, don’t tell you’re sick!” Her mom said before rushing over to Jisoo’s side, her face with her right hand while she was holding a dirty cloth in the left. Jisoo gently slapped her mom’s hand away from her face, scared of contaminating her mom and making her suffer through the same thing that she was struggling with at the moment. “Yeah, nothing too bad though, just a headache. Can you call in the office and tell them that I’m not feeling too well and bright? I’m sure they’ll understand or something.” Jisoo replied to her mom’s question, accompanied with the pounding of her headache again. Jisoo’s mom immediately nodded her head and walked over to the door to exit. “Sweetie, if you need any help or assistance in any way, you can just call me. I’ll even take the day off so I ca-“Her mother said but was cut off by Jisoo. “No, seriously, it’s nothing too bad. You don’t have to worry about me. Just go to work and help me when you come back home.” She said while smiling, waving her hand in her mom’s direction to not worry her. Jisoo’s mom sighed, giving her a slight smile before nodding. “If you say so and don’t forget that there’s always food downstairs.” Her mom replied back, closing the door and leaving Jisoo to fend for herself.

 

 

        She sighed, feeling her headache worsen. Jisoo stayed in bed for a few more minutes until she heard her mom’s car roll out of the driveway. “Damn it, I probably look like absolute at the moment.” Jisoo muttered to herself before getting up slowly and sitting on her bed, blankets covering her whole body and wrapped around her neck. Grabbing her phone from her nightstand, she unlocked it and went onto Google. Jisoo typed in ‘i have a headache what should i do’ and clicked on the first few sites that were shown. After endlessly scrolling through all of the options, she concluded that she should first take a hot shower to relieve the tension in her head and then take some over the counter pills.

 

 

        Jisoo hated the fact that she would have to abandon her warm, toasty, and comfy bed but she needed to do something to get rid of this damn aching thing that was in her head. She slowly unpeeled the blanket from her body and almost hissed at how cold it was, mentally swearing at herself for not turning on the heat last night. She slipped on her panda slippers and walked towards her bathroom, getting her undergarments in the process. Jisoo the light and fan for her bathroom and threw her clothing on the counter, turning the shower knob to the warm-hot temperature and waited for it to steam up. After letting it steam up for a few minutes, Jisoo peeled off all of her clothes and stepped inside, appreciating the hot water running down her body which felt somewhat like knives stabbing into her skin. She felt her headache clear up a bit, but not enough for her to start doing her daily routine like studying and going to school.

 

 

        Jisoo walked out of the shower after twenty minutes, her skin already starting to feel dry and her fingers pruney as well. She dried off her body and put on her lotion, making a bitter expression as she realized how strong the scent was. Jisoo blow-dried her hair after putting on her clothes and she walked out of the bathroom door feeling refreshed. Her headache was still throbbing and pounding but it wasn’t as bad as before and Jisoo was grateful for that. She walked down the stairs, panda slippers clacking against the floor and she went over to the medicine drawer in her kitchen. She grabbed a daytime Tylenol from the box and a bottle of water, swallowing it as fast as she can because Jisoo just hated taking pills.

 

 

        Jisoo didn’t have much of an appetite afterwards, crashing onto the couch after taking her pill. She didn’t move her head at all, scared of getting jinxed and ending up with a worsened headache at the end of the day. She the television and switched every single channel until she was satisfied with the one she wanted. Jisoo was intrigued by the new dramas that were starting to air and before she knew it, she had already watched two episodes of a television marathon.

 

 

        The door bell suddenly rang and Jisoo groaned out loud. “Who the hell is outside my door at this hour?” She asked to herself before standing up slowly and walking over to the door. She didn’t even look into the peep hole that was at the top of the door and unlocked it, swinging the door open and God; she had never ever regretted not looking in the peephole. There he was, Kim freaking Taehyung with a basket filled with apples and a smile on his face. 


I honestly have no excuse for not updating this story and I am so sorry. I haven't updated in so long and I've just been hit with writer's block and tests and projects and I just went MIA for a month. I'm incredibly sorry and I have nothing to say. Please enjoy this chapter, comment, and upvote! -stephanotis.