Chapter 18.

Different

Chapter 18

 

 

        After five minutes of pure bliss and peace with each other, the bell finally rang, which told the both of them to go to their classes. They bid their good-byes with a grin and wave and headed to their classes.

 

 

        Jisoo walked along the hallways happily while smiling, scaring most of the students because Jisoo rarely was happy nor did she smile. It was also because she had still smiled even through the harsh words that everyone had told her, I mean not exactly told her, but the words and statements that she had heard throughout the school.

 

 

        She skipped into her next class merrily as well, ignoring the looks that her classmates had given her. She pulled out her notebooks and stationery set with much more positivity and waited for the teacher to walk in to teach. Jisoo continued her day like and god, she had never felt as happy and better as before.

 

 

        As the last class of the day continued, Jisoo wondered if she was going to attend today’s detention class. She could just ditch since she was going to do it tomorrow anyways, but after further more thinking and arguments inside her head, she finally agreed to attend. She wasn’t so sure about Taehyung but it was alright being by her, it was normal to her anyways.  

 

 

        The bell then rang, frightening some of the student’s in her class half to death cause the classroom was eerily silent from the test that they were taking. Jisoo sighed, pushing a loose piece of hair behind her ear, and stood up to hand in her test. The test wasn’t easy but Jisoo had studied her off for this test long enough to know that she would get a better than average mark. Her grades had been dropping from the beginning of the semester and she wanted to change that, maybe this would be her new year’s resolution for this year.

 

 

        After the bell rang, she swung her backpack onto her shoulders, taking her phone out of her pocket to find a text from Taehyung. ‘Sorry, won’t be @ detention for today. Have somewhere to go but see u tomorrow!’ was what he had texted her and Jisoo smiled at the cute emoticon that he had sent her afterwards. She nodded her head and walked towards the detention room, letting out a sigh of relief when she noticed that no one was inside. ‘The teacher really needs to get fired when she doesn’t even attend detention.’ Jisoo thought as she placed her backpack gently down on the floor.

 

 

        She took out her ear buds that were stuffed into her pocket, groaning mentally when she noticed that it was tangled up. After three minutes of struggling with untangling it, she succeeded, exhaling a breathe of relief and plugged it into her phone. Jisoo scrolled through her playlist on her MelOn App and found a song, downloading it right away. Royal Pirates- Betting Everything came on and she found herself lightly humming to the lyrics. Jisoo felt her heart coming to a slow beat, feeling content and fulfilled from the kindness that Taehyung had given her.

 

 

        The sky was getting darker by the time. Winter definitely played a big thing in it. Jisoo looked outside, studying the beautiful sunset that was starting to go down the horizon. The colours were mixing beautifully; oranges, pinks, and purples were blending together, as if it was like a painting. was agape while she watched it. Sometimes, Jisoo had wondered how things like this could exist when there were so much god-awful people on earth. ‘People like them don’t deserve things like this.’ She thought while sighing and taking a look back onto her phone. Ten more minutes and she was good to go.

 

 

        The ten minutes passed by awfully quickly and by the time Jisoo looked outside, it was already pitch black. She groaned and stood up, stretching her arms and hands. Using her right hand, she grabbed her backpack and put it on. As she walked outside, she immediately regretted that she didn’t bring her winter jacket. Jisoo should’ve known better when she checked the weather and it was negative degrees on her phone and she regretted that.

 

 

        She felt as if her skin was getting pricked by small needles and she shivered from the cold. Jisoo walked along the sidewalk nonetheless, quivering from the cold every once in a while.

 

 

        One thing that she hated about walking to and from her house was that there was this really shady and fishy alleyway that she had also passed. Thank god that no one had mugged her or tried to sell her drugs.

 

 

But this time, it was different.

 

 

        Jisoo was walking, feeling the cold prick at her skin until she felt a kick at her legs. Jisoo fell down onto her knees and hands, feeling the concrete scrape her skin. ‘Oh, .’ She thought while she looked at her palms that were scratched and a bit bloody. She looked up and saw a five girls looking down at her with a cunning and devious look on their faces. Jisoo saw their uniforms and noticed that they weren’t from her school. She didn’t know which school they were from but their uniform was the one that she had seen at the amusement park with Taehyung.

 

 

        “What the hell do you want from me?” Jisoo spat out at them angrily, while trying to stand up but failed when one of the girls’s kicked her on the side of her stomach. “We want nothing from you. All we’re doing is getting revenge for you coming into Taehyung oppa’s life.” One of the girls spoke up, crouching down to Jisoo’s level. “And we’re going to beat you up for it.” Another girl said while starting to kick Jisoo.

 

 

        Jisoo was stronger than most of the girl’s. She could beat you up for wrestling and leave bruises on your body for a month, but this was a fight against one to five and there was no way in hell she could beat them. She felt kicks on her arms, legs, every single part of her body and she felt like she wanted to puke everything that she ate.

 

 

        After what felt like an eternity, Jisoo felt it all come to a halt and she looked up to see a different girl smiling down at her. “Girls, we’re done now.” She said while squatting to Jisoo’s eye level. The girl took out something from her phone; unlocking it and clicking on an app. Jisoo could make out a name-tag from the distance. ‘Her name’s Yerin.’ Jisoo thought, feeling her body go numb from the cold.

 

 

        Yerin smirked as she showed Jisoo a picture. Jisoo could see Yerin with a boy.  From further inspection, she could see that the boy looked familiar, too familiar at that. Jisoo felt a stab to her heart as she saw that it was Taehyung. Yerin saw the look on Jisoo’s face and smiled, standing back up, she left Jisoo on her own, thinking about that picture that she just showed her.

 

 

        Jisoo felt a lump grow in and her eyes tear up, mainly because the cold had started stinging her eyes and the other part because of that one damn picture.

 

 

        And now, she had regretted the choice of not skipping detention. 


Woot woot! Two updates in a row! Please don't expect an update for tomorrow though, that's the start of school for me again! Wish me luck since I have forgotten everything already. If you guys are starting school tomorrow, good luck! Please enjoy this chapter, comment, and upvote! -stephanotis.