Chapter 5.

Different

Chapter 5

 

 

       Jisoo was lying down her bed, back facing the bed, staring at the ceiling. Every time she thought of Taehyung’s rectangular shaped smile and angelic laughter, she felt her heart beating as fast as a space rocket taking flight. “Why am I feeling this way?” She asked herself while placing her hand on her heart, feeling the rapid speed. Jisoo was confused; she wanted to know why her heart was feeling this. “Kim Taehyung is just a popular guy who only likes pretty and skinny girls, not large girls like you. He probably likes to beat up kitties and jump kids” Jisoo said in her head, knowing damn well that what she thought was all wrong. She didn’t even know that much about him and she didn’t know whether or not he jumped kids, but he would never do something like that. He was too nice, too innocent and pure, not like the guys at school who would always whisper dirty things in girl’s ears (obviously not at Jisoo though, yes if they’re making fun of her). Jisoo shouldn’t have feelings for him; he deserved someone better than her. Jisoo groaned loudly while flipping over to her side. She looked at the clock, seven-thirty PM. It was almost time for dinner and boy was Jisoo ready to devour everything on the table, to get rid of her stress.

 

 

        “Jisoo-ah, Get down here! It’s time to eat dinner!” Jisoo could her mom yell at her faintly through the door. “Yeah mom, I’ll be down there in a sec!” She replied back, yelling, while getting up. Jisoo went to her bathroom, put her hair in a bun so that her hair doesn’t get in the food, proceeded to walk out of her bedroom, and down the stairs. As Jisoo walked out the door, her face was hit with a beautiful aroma of budae-jjigae. was slightly watering when she started walking down the stairs, face full of anticipation. Jisoo walked over to the table; to be greeted with the most beautiful thing she has ever seen (maybe other than Taehyung). She immediately pulled out a chair and sat down, waiting for the rice and other side dishes to come along with it. When everything had arrived on the table, Jisoo didn’t even wait for a second to pick up her chopsticks. Jisoo started off with slurping a little bit of the noodles, picking up a piece of spam between her chopsticks and eating it in one gulp. Jisoo moaned in satisfaction, this would definitely make her forget about him. She poured a bit of the soup on her rice and started devouring it. “God, this is delicious” Jisoo thought as she blew on her rice, to cool it down. After ravaging with the food for forty-five minutes, Jisoo was finally down. She sat back on her chair; out of breathe from eating so much. “Thanks mom and dad for the food, I’m going to go upstairs and get ready for bed now.” Jisoo spoke to her parents as she got up from her chair. Jisoo wasn’t really going to get ready for bed, it was only eight-twenty PM and it was only Saturday. On Saturday’s you were supposed to have fun and go out with your friends, but Jisoo had none of that. “Am I going to live my life like this for the rest of the years?” She asked herself while emitting a long, audible breathe of sadness. Why did she have to live her life like this? Why couldn’t she have friends? So many ‘Why’ questions were always apart of Jisoo. As much as Jisoo wanted to stop her negative thoughts that spoiled her mood, she couldn’t because they were just instinct. Every time she looked in the mirror, “Why can’t I be prettier? Why can’t I be skinnier?” Jisoo was already up at the top of the stairs after thinking.

 

 

        She went up to her room, flopped onto her bed with belly facing down, and started playing a few app games on her phone. After thirty minutes of screaming at her game because she kept on dying, Jisoo finally got up and decided to get ready. Jisoo grabbed her necessities like her towel, underwear, and pyjamas, and went into her bathroom. She unclothed herself, threw her clothes in the hamper, and stepped into the shower. She turned the knob to warm to hot and let the water run down her body. She cleaned up herself with a lemon-scented body wash, washed her hair with strawberry shampoo and conditioner, and then stepped out. The bathroom mirrors were foggy from the steam emitting from the hot water. Jisoo grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her body. She didn’t even want to look in the mirror, in fear of seeing her face and body so she just let the steam eat away at the mirrors on the beige walls. Jisoo dried her body, put on her orange-scented lotion, put on her pyjamas, and wrapped her hair in a towel. She walked out of her bathroom and noticed that her phone was lit up with a notification. “What’s this?” Jisoo asked herself as she looked down at it. It was a notification from Kakao Talk. She took of her towel and started towel drying her hair while grabbing for her phone. She unlocked her phone and opened up Kakao. “Who would talk to me on this?” Jisoo asked herself (Even though she was bullied, she had every single social media you could think of, just no contacts at all). ‘A new friend has added you!’ was written along the screen. Jisoo was confused as hell, who would add her? She clicked on the profile picture and she almost dropped her phone. Kim damn Taehyung. Jisoo gasped and was scared at first but panicked after. How did he find her? “Pfft, you idiot. You gave him your name.” She said to herself while groaning. After spending thirty seconds scolding herself, she realized that she had to do something fast. He knew that he read the text message and couldn’t just leave him hanging.

 

 

        So Jisoo clicked accept.

 


Hello everyone, once again! I may not update as often like this since I updated two times yesterday and one time today. Please enjoy this chapter, comment, and subscribe!  -stephanotis.