Chapter 4.

Different

Chapter 4

 

 

        “Oh my god, Is that really him?” That the first thought that popped into Jisoo’s mind as her eyes were trained onto him, like an eagle stalking its prey. Even though he was wearing a simple outfit, white hoodie and dark denim jeans, he was the most beautiful thing that Jisoo had ever seen. His white hoodie had wet spots onto it, as he didn’t bring an umbrella with him. “What an idiot.” She thought as she turned away from looking at him, her eyes fixated on her ramen. As much as Jisoo wanted to not eat and look like a pig, she couldn’t because she was starving. She grabbed her chopsticks and slowly started eating, trying not to look like a ravaging animal. While she was eating, she felt a chair pull out beside her. “I swear if this is him, I am going to stab myself in the eyeball” Jisoo thought. She took a quick glance besides her and saw a man in his fifties, eating two bowls of ramen. “Whew” Jisoo said in her head, as she sighed dramatically. Then she felt a chair pull out beside her on the left. “This can’t be him, of cours-“She was caught off guard because when she took a glance to her left, it was Kim Taehyung.

 

 

        Jisoo tried not to scream out loud and topple off her chair. This was the first guy that actually defended her from the words that people shot at her. Jisoo had instantly lost her appetite as soon as he pulled the chair out. She put down her chopsticks, very gently, trying not to make a noise, and got off of her chair. Thank god that nobody had noticed that one of her sleeve strings got caught in the chair, which had to make Jisoo rip it off roughly. She grabbed her cup noodle and threw it in the garbage can that was next to the tables, hoping that Taehyung didn’t see her tomato-blushed face. Jisoo was about to walk out of the continence store door and never look back but how could she just leave him there? She stared down at her wallet, looking at the twenty-thousand won that her mom gave her, and contemplated whether or not she should give him something. Jisoo walked over to the aisle where they had outdoor/home supplies. She grabbed the first umbrella she saw, and stalked up to the cashier again. “Twelve-thousand won, please” the female cashier replied again, in a once again, monotone voice. Jisoo passed her a twenty-thousand and got back her change. “How am I going to do this?” Jisoo thought to herself as she stared down at the new umbrella, hands shaking slightly, nervous as hell. “I am just going to be cool about it. Just walk up to him and give it to him and say thank you! Easy!” Jisoo said to herself, very inaudibly so that no one would be able to hear. And there went Jisoo, walking timidly as a fox, and she gave it to him in one swift arm movement.

 

 

        Taehyung looked up at her, confused as heck, and he was about to yell at her until he realized who she was. “I want to umm, say thank you, you know for defending me back there.” Jisoo said as her face got redder and redder by the moment, head ducking down. At that moment, Jisoo wanted to crawl into a hole and never look back. She would rather get mocked on stage by her weight then do something as stupid and petty as this. Jisoo was expecting ramen broth getting splashed onto her face or Taehyung throwing the umbrella on her head, but that never happened. Nothing happened for the first two minutes. Jisoo’s head was down in embarrassment, until she heard a laugh. An angelic laugh that came from in front of her. She looked up to see a smiling Taehyung, his eyes were sparkling and damn they were cute. “It was no problem back there. It wasn’t your fault, my fault for being clumsy and not looking in the direction I was walking in.” He said as he bowed down at her, thanking her for the umbrella. Jisoo was at loss for words, how could someone be so perfect and not have one single flaw? “U-um, I-it’s okay! It’s just that I n-noticed that your hoodie was wet and I n-needed to owe you s-something. So here it is!” Jisoo said as she stuttered, smiling awkwardly. “God, my double chin is probably showing.” Jisoo said as she faked a smile. If there was one thing that Jisoo wanted to change about herself (other than her weight) was her stutter. It was so annoying and it always angered her to the point she would stop talking. Taehyung stopped laughing and look at her straight in the eye with a confused look on his face. “I still don’t know your name yet, what’s your name?” He asked sincerely with a spark of curiosity in his eye. “Lee Jisoo” Jisoo replied with a slight smile on her face. “I don’t know if you already know but my name i-“Jisoo cut him off with a “Kim Taehyung, your names Kim Taehyung, right?” And at that moment, Jisoo wanted to stab herself in the face. How stupid is she to interrupt his introduction? She groaned furiously in her head, mentally face palming herself. “Sorry for interrupting.” Jisoo said as she looked down at the floor. “No, it’s alright, I find it quite cute” Taehyung replied with a smile dancing on his face. Jisoo’s face was redder than an apple by then. “S-sorry for leaving y-you but I have to g-go get groceries for m-my family, s-see you later!” Jisoo stuttered again, while leaving at a fast pace. As she left through the door, she could hear “Bye Jisoo!” very faintly.

 

        Jisoo then continued with her work as a daughter. She went to the market and bought all of the groceries her mom asked for and came back home with a smile on her face.

 

 

        That’s when she realized that the speech between her and Taehyung, was now dropped to informal.

 


Two updates in one day! (Kind of, it's 1AM here.. so late!) I hope you enjoy this chapter even though it's shorter than the others. Thank you! -stephanotis.