Chapter 14.

Different

Chapter 14

 

 

       “Let’s go” Taehyung said while grabbing Jisoo’s hand.

 

 

        Jisoo was swung over to his side and she couldn’t even keep the smile off her face, let alone the red tints that highlighted her cheeks. Taehyung was right beside her holding her left hand and swinging it back and forth, while grinning.

 

 

        The grip that Taehyung had on Jisoo’s hand left her feeling slightly embarrassed and excited at the same time. Jisoo prayed to God to leave her hands dry, not sweaty and clammy like before. The hallways that were once crowded were now clear of all students, only leaving both of them, walking and chatting amongst themselves.

 

 

        “S-so, where are we going to go?” Jisoo asked while trying look to the right to maintain the flush of red on her cheeks. “Well, where do you want to go?” Taehyung asked back, still swinging their hands together. Jisoo stuttered a small ‘I don’t know’ and left Taehyung with the responsibility of picking their date spot. “Honestly, I would go anywhere as long as I’m with you. But if you’re asking me to pick, want to go to the local amusement park? It just opened and I heard that it’s really fun.” He answered with a small quiver at the end, blushing red cheeks. Jisoo almost laughed at how ridiculous he looked while trying to cover up his face with one hand and swinging her hand in the other. “That sounds lovely.” Jisoo replied back with a genuine smile on her face.

 

 

        They walked out of the school, side by side, and swinging their hands back and forth.

 

 

        The sun was shining brightly on their heads. Jisoo’s hair looked a lot healthier then the last time she stared at herself in the mirror. She felt lighter and more relaxed then the last time she checked up on her health. Jisoo felt stress free and happier than the last time she checked on her mental state.

 

 

        She sighed while using her free hand to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear so that she could see well. Jisoo looked beside her and saw how happy Taehyung was. His smile was so lively and cheerful that the sun fell in shame. Nothing could beat that god-awful smile… just nothing. ‘God, I feel so lucky today.’ Jisoo said to herself before smiling one of the biggest smiles she had her made. “Why are you smiling like that?” Taehyung asked her while staring down at her. “Like what?” Jisoo questioned him while smiling even bigger. “Like your mouth is about to fall off your face.” Taehyung answered back truthfully while shooting a grin at her direction. ‘God, he’s so unpredictable.’ She thought. “I’m smiling like this because I’m happy. What else is there to add?” Jisoo replied back to him while giggling. Taehyung chuckled and rubbed his thumb onto her knuckles. ‘Jesus, I could never get enough of this.’ Jisoo said in her mind while staring at Taehyung, careful not to get caught.

 

 

        “I can feel you burning holes into the sides of my head.” Taehyung said to her suddenly and that made Jisoo jump up a bit. ‘Oh my god, he caught me. What do I do?’ She asked herself and started panicking. ‘He probably thinks I’m a cr-‘Jisoo’s thought were cut off by Taehyung. “But I don’t mind. I would let you stare at me for hours, only if you would let me stare at you back for the amount of hours you looked, plus an extra one hour, complimentary of course.” He said while winking at her. Jisoo blushed and looked away once again. ‘How could Taehyung do that? How could he just say that so smoothly without choking up or stuttering? I praise him.’ were the words and questions that were stuck onto Jisoo’s mind.

 

 

        After teasing each other for ten minutes with no stop, they finally arrived at the amusement park. The exterior of the amusement park was lit brightly with vibrant colours that could catch your attention right away. Many people surrounded the front gates since the park had just opened recently, sparking most of the citizens attention. From the outside, you could see the tall rides that were in there, topped with the beautiful Ferris wheel. Jisoo and Taehyung just stood there and struck with a sense of awe, it was just too beautiful to comprehend. Taehyung was so excited that he practically grabbed Jisoo’s wrist and made a dash for the front entryway. He quickly grabbed his wallet and almost threw his money at the man’s face. The man then stamped their wrists and let them go through. “Hey Taehyung, I was supposed to pay for that too!” Jisoo yelled at him while he was still latched onto her wrist, dragging her to the Swing Carousel. “You can pay me later! But for now, let’s start getting onto these rides!” Taehyung replied back to her while smiling and laughing. ‘This dork’ Jisoo thought as she smiled and laughed after him.

 

 

        Taehyung showed his stamped wrist to the man who was operating the Swinging Carousel, along with Jisoo. Jisoo giggled at how childish Taehyung was being, but this was something that Jisoo appreciated about him. He was so carefree and outgoing, someone who she has always wanted to be.

 

 

        Jisoo looked over to the small seats and gulped in fear that she wouldn’t be able to fit in it. Taehyung sensed her nervousness so he leaned into her hair and whispered an “It’s okay, don’t worry about not fitting in there. I promise that you will.” Jisoo was so grateful for his calming words that she had felt a pang of self-confidence and went up to one of the seats. She stifled back a choking noise in the back of and sat down; feeling the sides of the seat squishing onto her thighs but it fit her so it was fine. “I told you.” Taehyung whispered into her ear, making her feel shivers running down her back. Jisoo blushed in absolute happiness. The ride slowly lifted all of the seats and Jisoo was nervous that the seat was going to snap off and just kill her, but it never happened and for the whole duration of the ride, they had the most fun they had ever had in a while.

 

 

        After trying at least another ten rides, they decided that they would drink some beverages before going on anymore. Jisoo insisted on paying for the drinks since Taehyung had already bought the entrance fees and after six minutes of arguing over who was going to pay, Jisoo won at the end. “So, what do you want?” Jisoo asked while contemplating which drink she wanted. “I’ll have anything you have.” Taehyung replied with an eye smile, making Jisoo’s heart thump loudly when she stared at his beautiful brown eyes. “I think I’m going to get some lemonade.” Jisoo told him while waiting for his answer. “Then I’ll have some too.” He broke out in a grin and Jisoo wanted to slap his face to get rid of that stupid grin. Jisoo went to order while Taehyung decided to go find a spot for them.

 

 

        Jisoo was waiting in the line with three people in front of her. “I hope I get to order so-“Jisoo muttered to herself but got interrupted by a group of teenage girls. They wore different uniforms then Jisoo so they most likely went to another school. Jisoo could hear them whispering amongst themselves, fingers pointing towards her back, and the disgusted looks plastered on their face. “Ew, why is she even here by herself?” One girl said in the back while staring at Jisoo up and down. “It’s probably because she has no friends!” Another girl said loud enough so that she could hear. “G-guys, l-let’s stop. L-let’s not b-bully her for god sake.” The other girl with glasses said while stuttering. “Minhee, just because you were fat before you met us doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun!” The first girl said meanly before pushing herself closer to the girl named Minhee.

 

 

Jisoo could hear the whispers start again but they suddenly came to a halt and Jisoo turned around to see why. Taehyung was standing behind Jisoo with his arms crossed. “What did you say again?” He asked with an intimidating look on his face. “Taehyung, you don’t have to do th-“Jisoo got cut off once again and damn, how many more times is she going to get cut off? “Jisoo, I don’t think you realize that I have to do this.” Taehyung replied with a deep and husky voice. Jisoo stood back and watched how Taehyung was going to handle the situation. He turned back to the girls and stared at them. “Don’t you ever dare talk to her ever again. If you do it again, you’re going to have to deal with me and you don’t want to deal with me. Now back off!” He yelled at them and they left with scared expressions on their face. “Taehyung,” Jisoo whispered to him. “You really didn’t have to do that. Remember what I said about last time? How I could handle them on my own?” Taehyung seemed as if he forgot about the last conversation about this with her but he suddenly remembered. “I’m sorry.” He said and looked down at his hands. “I just didn’t want them to hurt you.” Jisoo felt a pang of sympathy hit her in the stomach. “Tae, I know you want this for my well-being and I’m really grateful for that, but next time, you don’t have to do this. I can protect myself; I’m not a damsel in distress that can’t help herself.” Jisoo said while carefully picking the words she wanted to use. Jisoo still saw how gloomy he was being and not his usual energetic and happy self so she decided to do something that she would never do in a million years, she kissed his right cheek. Taehyung looked up, his eyes as wide as saucers, and he stared at her eyes. “Did you just kiss my cheeks?” Taehyung asked while moving his hand towards the cheek that she kissed on. Jisoo nodded while her face felt flaming hot and the redness was easily distinguishable. As soon as Jisoo nodded, Taehyung sprang up from his usual position and started dragging her to the next ride. Drinks could come later.

 

 

        After the next few hours of playing around, the sun was now setting. The horizon was painted with purples, reds, yellows, and tints of oranges. The colours were mixing together, creating an ombre effect. Jisoo and Taehyung were frozen in their spots as they stared up at the sky, wishing that this moment lasted forever. They looked each other in the eyes at the same time and looked away, laughing embarrassment. On this day, they spent so much time with each other that they felt so much more comfortable. Jisoo noticed that her usual stutter was gone and replaced with an almost smooth voice just like Taehyung’s. The sunset was then replaced with darkness and the cheap Christmas lights that surrounded the amusement park lit up, creating the merry atmosphere.

 

 

“I think that we should head back home now, don’t you think?” Jisoo asked Taehyung, feeling guilty for ruining the sweet mood that they had created upon themselves. “I guess you’re right, I can walk you home.” Taehyung said while tucking his hands in his pocket, slowly walking towards her. Jisoo nodded and started walking towards the direction in which she lived. She lived not too far from the amusement park, making it more convenient. Jisoo was walking, slightly shaking from the cold weather that Seoul emitted. Taehyung noticed that so he grabbed her hand and tucked it into his pockets, making Jisoo start blushing again and feeling the warmth that the pocket emitted.

 

 

They finally arrived at Jisoo’s house and Taehyung walked her to the doorsteps, her hand still tucked into his pocket. Jisoo pulled her hand gently away from his pocket and her face got even hotter. “I had a great time with you today,” Taehyung said. “And I hope that we could do things like this more.” Jisoo’s face got even redder, if that was even possible. “Me too.” Jisoo replied and stared up at his towering height. “Well, I’m going to go now…” Taehyung said and before he stepped a foot down, he quickly gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran away. Jisoo was speechless and frozen for a moment; her eyes were big as an owl. ‘Oh my god, did that just happen?” She asked herself. Her cold hands were instinctively placed onto the spot he kissed her.

 

 

After waiting in the cold for another three minutes, she finally decided to walk inside; feeling the warmness of her home hit her square in the face. Jisoo’s parents popped up from behind the couches and little did Jisoo know they were watching her the entire time. For the whole night, she was bombarded with question that she didn’t know how to answer.

 

 

“That damned Taehyung” Jisoo said before she hit her head on the pillows and fell asleep.

 


Hello everybody! Stephanotis here once again. Sorry that I haven't updated in a long time. A lot of homework has kept me from updating, hope you guys understand. This chapter is longer than the rest of the chapters that I have wrote (Maybe 1000 more words?) but this is because this chapter is about their date and it has to be longer to explain everything. This also took four straight hours to write and revise it the best I could. I'm not sure if I can update as fast as I used to, but winter break is coming sooner then I thought so I might have more time to write! Please enjoy this chapter, comment, and upvote! -stephanotis.