Chapter 17.

Different

Chapter 17

 

 

        Jisoo felt her heart explode into happiness as she heard the eight words that she had always wanted to hear from Taehyung. The Kim Taehyung had just asked her out and god, she could have never felt so much joy. ‘Do you want to be my girlfriend?’ rang into her mind a couple of times before she actually had the guts to answer, more so, if her voice even worked from the amount of tears she had spilled before he had confessed.

 

 

        Jisoo nodded her head, feeling her heart thump even louder than the last time her parents had bought her food from their Japanese honeymoon. “Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend.” She replied while looking up at him and god, his eyes was just like this beautiful shade of dark brown. Usually, Taehyung’s eyes were happy but this type of happiness that he showed at that moment was different from the rest. His eyes basically oozed out love, tenderness, and infatuation. Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jisoo’s shoulders and hugged her tightly, appreciating the warmth that she emitted and radiate to him.

 

 

        They walked from the isolated part of school to the now heavily-populated area of the school which was the opposite way, hand in hand. Their hands were clasped together and even if their hands were clammy and sweaty, it didn’t matter to them. It also didn’t matter if people saw them together or not, they just treasured the fact that they were together.

 

 

        People around them gave them weird looks and Jisoo didn’t blame them. When the most attractive guy in school starts dating the girl who is not the best-looking, you know something is up. You could feel the eyes that pierced both of them. Jealousy and envy were in the other girl’s eyes as they stared at Jisoo. They were jealous not because of her looks, but the fact that an unattractive girl lured ‘their’ Taehyung rather than their beautiful looks.

 

 

        It was still morning, the bell hadn’t rung yet which give the both of them plenty of time to talk. It would also give other people plenty of time to start gossiping. Words then started going around. ‘Jisoo’s probably a witch and made a love potion.’ was a popular phrase that was going around. ‘Jisoo probably paid money to Taehyung to make him date her!’ was another statement as well. But Taehyung and Jisoo tried to ignore all of it. Keyword is tried.

 

 

        As much as Taehyung could tell her that she was perfect for him and no one else, the words that others have said about her would create a hole that would never be filled. He could also tell Jisoo that she was beautiful, amazing, and stunning, and she still felt as if she didn’t deserve someone like him. If Taehyung was a diamond, Jisoo would be a pebble. But Jisoo did her best to not have negative thoughts, pushing all of them to the back of her head.

 

 

        After the endless talking they did near Jisoo’s locker, the bell rang which gave a signal to the both of them that they should stop and head to their classes. Jisoo gave Taehyung a small, shy wave and walked to her first class which was science with her textbooks.

 

 

        Everyone was already in their seats, talking to one another and Jisoo sat down next to her seat which was by the window. She took a thorough look around her, studying every speck around her. There were people talking to each other, smiling and laughing every once in a while. Jisoo sighed and blew a stray hair that was bothering her. She felt envious of everyone. Why did she have to be the only one that didn’t have anyone to talk to? She took out her notebook and pencils that she needed for class and stated doodling on the inside cover. The teacher then walked in, signaling everyone to be quiet which everyone obeyed and he started his lessons. Jisoo straightened up her back, paying attention to the whiteboard that Ms. Park was writing on and started taking notes.

 

 

        The bell rang and Jisoo walked out of her English class, cracking her knuckles from the large amount of writing that they had to do for today’s class. She mentally groaned as the essay resurfaced up on her mind. ‘Why is there so much homework?’ She asked herself before taking out her phone from her pocket, going onto KakaoTalk and texting Taehyung. ‘Hey, where are you rn?’ Jisoo texted him while moving to a more secluded area since the halls was getting more crowded. After a few seconds, Taehyung replied back to her with ‘At my locker, why?’ Jisoo replied back quickly with ‘Stay right there, don’t move.’ And started walking towards his locker.

 

 

        Jisoo smiled as she arrived and looked up at him. “Hey, what’s up?” She asked him while leaning against the lockers. Taehyung looked down at her with a grin on his face before grabbing his lunch that was stored on the upper level of his locker. “Nothing much, just really happy that I get to see you.” He replied back with a cheeky smile and patted her head. Jisoo flinched a bit, but laughed it off with a light punch on his arm. ‘Damn, I really need to get use to these skin ship things.’ She said to herself.

 

 

        After Taehyung placed his unnecessary textbooks and binders into his locker, he gently grabbed Jisoo’s right wrist and dragged her to the back door. “Hey Tae, where are you dragging me?” Jisoo asked him while feeling the wind hit her in the face. Today, it was warm and sunny. It was much better than the week before and both of them were grateful for it.

 

 

        Taehyung dragged her over to the isolated area of school once again. It was peaceful and you could hear the birds chirp. He sat down on a dry wooden bench under a tree, which blocked the sun rays out of their faces. He patted his hand down onto the area next to him, telling Jisoo to sit down next to him. She nodded her head and obeyed his orders, taking out the apple from her backpack.

 

 

        The both of them admired the nature that surrounded them. Jisoo and Taehyung sneaked in a few conversations here and there but most of their time was spent appreciating the fact that they were together.

 

 

       “So Jisoo,” Taehyung said while looking over at her. “I was wondering if you would like to go hangout tomorrow. You know, maybe ditch detention or something, I bet Ms. Kim won’t even notice.” Jisoo gazed back over at him, the apple in her hand. ‘Ditch detention?’ She thought to herself before thinking a bit again. Should she really ditch detention? This would be one of the first time’s she hadn’t followed the school rules. Taehyung noticed the frown that was evident on her face. “N-no, I mean, it’s okay if you don-“He said to her but got cut off by Jisoo. “Sure.” She replied back to him while taking another bite of her apple, smiling a bit. Taehyung grinned at her and wiped some of the apple juice from with his thumb. “Seems like a plan then.”


Hello hello! It's me once again with an apology for not updating. I think my New Year's resolution will be updating more frequently! Anyways, please anticipate the next few chapters that I will be putting up. Oh yeah, and also Happy New Years! An extremely late one as well. And thank you guys for putting up with me! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, comment, and upvote! -stephanotis.