Chapter 3.

Different

Chapter 3

 

        Lee Jisoo woke up to the sound of rain splattering on her windows. She yawned into her hand, looking at the clock; it was 10:30 AM. Jisoo would have panicked and sprung up on her bed with an alarmed look on her face, only if she didn’t realize that it was the weekend. “Thank the lord I don’t have school today” Jisoo thought as she sat up on her bed, noticing how messy her bed was from the rolling in bed last night. She tried to remember bits of her memory from yesterday night, but she couldn’t pin point it until she was knocked in her lungs with the memories. Jisoo remembered her checking her phone on her social medias (just because she was bullied doesn’t mean she can’t have social medias) and she found out that the mysterious males name was Kim Taehyung. How did she even do it? She might have researched a lot on her classmate’s recent activity (and no, Jisoo does not count this as stalking). After finding out his name, she screamed at the top of her lungs with happiness while staring down at his Instagram page filled with pictures of himself and friends. After screaming, she started freaking out on her bed, and rolling around in her bed while staring at her phone. “Are you kidding me?” Jisoo thought as she face palmed herself, while sighing in embarrassment.

       

 

        After thinking about her cringe worthy experience from last night, she got up to get ready. She walked to her bathroom, with a towel, and laid it down on the counter top beside her. Jisoo grabbed her pink toothbrush, squirted out the toothpaste gently on her toothbrush, and started brushing away. When she was done brushing her teeth, she washed her face with her morning cleanser, patted her face down dry, which made her feel squeaky clean and refreshed, and she went back into her bedroom to get changed. Jisoo grabbed a pair of black leggings and a horizontally striped knit sweater, closed her curtains, and changed. After changing, she went downstairs to have some breakfast with her family. “Good morning, mom and dad.” Jisoo said as she walked down the stairs, being careful not to stomp on the staircases to hard. “Jisoo, let’s eat breakfast before the two of us head to work! Faster!” Her mom replied with a bright smile on her face, while using her hand to usher Jisoo towards the table. Jisoo then arrived at the table and sat down to reveal the whole table transformed with a bunch of foods. Her once tired eyes were not lit up with happiness as she quickly pulled out a chair and started eating crazily. Jisoo’s dad smiled at watching his daughter eat, just watching her eat made him full. When she finished eating all of the food on the table, she looked up at her parents sheepishly, but only to meet them with big smiles. “Honey, we have to go to work now” Her dad said as he got up from his chair, at the same time her mom stood up along with him. Jisoo led them to the front door and opened the door for them, her feet sliding along the wooden floors. “Bye mom and dad.” She said as they walked out of the door, but suddenly her mom sprang back up to the door, as if she forgot something. “Oh sweetie, I forgot to tell you to go to the market. Go get some scallions, onions, and some eggs.” Jisoo’s mom said as she gave Jisoo twenty-thousand won from her purse. “Alright mom, see you tonight.” She replied with a wave and a smile.

 

 

Jisoo closed the door with a sigh and sat down on the couch. “I just wanted to stay in home all day, not go groceries shopping” She thought as her hand unconsciously twirled a piece of hair around. With a disheartened mood, Jisoo went upstairs to her room to get her black cross-body bag. She grabbed her wallet which had an extra five-thousand won in it; deposited the money her mom gave her, and threw her phone in her bag along with it. Jisoo went back downstairs, put on her white converse, grasped her polka-dotted umbrella, and walked out the door.

 

 

        Jisoo walked along the wet and flooded sidewalk with a frown on her face. She never really liked rainy weather; it always made her feel lonely and depressed, and it felt as if she was suffocated under the umbrella, trapped under the rain. Jisoo noticed that there was a convenience store in front of her and she decided that she would take a break from walking, as she already walked for twelve minutes, and plus she had enough of the gloomy weather. She walked into the door, greeted by the ‘ding dong’ sound that most stores have. Jisoo had five-thousand won to spend and she was going to spend it on a snack. It hasn’t been long since she had eaten breakfast, but she was ready for more food. She took a look at the ramen aisle. “Hmm, I am craving ramen.” Jisoo thought as she looked down at the Shin Ramyun. “Eh, Why not?” She said to herself as she grabbed the cup ramen package. She went to the cashier station and gave it to them. “Three-thousand won” The female cashier said in a monotone tone, looking up and down at Jisoo’s body. Jisoo coughed while looking for her coins. She gave the cashier the coins and prepared her ramen. Jisoo sat countertops that faced the windows, most convenience stores had these. She waited for her ramen to finish cooking and Jisoo was drooling for the food. When it was done, she started devouring it like crazy. She really loved her ramen to death. Jisoo decided to take a break from eating and looked at the weather outside. The sky was grey, littered with clouds, the heavy rain drops splattered onto the sidewalk loudly. The whole scenery around her was black and white, as if it just came out of an old movie. That was until she saw a boy walk in front of the window. He was wearing a white hoodie with dark blue jeans; it was hard to tell because it was so dark outside. He walked into the store and Jisoo’s eyes trailed towards him, it was an instinct. She looked a little closer and almost knocked over her ramen bowl.

 

 

Kim Taehyung.

 


Please enjoy this new chapter! -stephanotis