Chapter 15.

Different

Chapter 15

 

 

        Before Jisoo fell asleep after her date with Taehyung, she was bombarded with questions from her parents after Taehyung kissed her cheek outside the doorsteps. “Yah Jisoo, When did you get a boyfriend?!” Her mom yelled at her, using her hands to express her emotions. “Mom, I don’t have a boyfriend.” Jisoo replied, looking down at her lap, feeling a warm blush creep to her cheeks. “How is he not a boyfriend?! He kissed you on the cheek and your dad and I saw it!” She yelled back while clutching her heart in her hands, falling down stressfully. “Honey, don’t stress yourself like this. Sit down and I will do something about this.” Her dad said calmly while helping Jisoo’s mom onto the couch. “Yah Jisoo! Why are you stressing your mom like this? You could just tell us that you have a boyfriend! What’s his name?!” Her dad hollered at her while running his hands through his dark brown hair, with little bits of grey’s in there. “Yah, I told you. I don’t have a boyfriend and just leave me alone! I’m done with this talk.” Jisoo shouted and stood up, leaving the living room to get to her bedroom. While walking up the stairs, she could hear her parents talking about ‘puberty’ and ‘how it’s normal’. “Jesus, I don’t even know what happened right now and they’re asking me about it?!” Jisoo murmured to herself angrily before she started messing up her hair.

 

 

        Jisoo arrived in her room before messing up her hair and when to her bathroom immediately. She showered with her normal routine and stepped out with dry hair. Jisoo dove straight onto her bed and just laid there, staring up at the ceiling. “God, what the hell just happened?” She whispered out quietly while looking up. “I mean, the kiss was kind of sweet and I think I really liked it and oh my god what am I saying?” Jisoo asked herself before taking her pillow and smothering her face in it. Outside of her door, she heard a gasp and a thud on the floor followed by heavy breathes. “Most likely mom” Jisoo said to herself and she knew she was right because after she said that, she could hear an ‘Oh my god, My Jisoo actually liked the kiss? Omo, she’s growing!” Jisoo sighed and turned off her lights, ready to sleep, but she knew that she wouldn’t be able to because of that damned Taehyung.

 

 

        That night, Jisoo only had three hours of sleep. She woke up and felt as if she died and came back alive again. “Ugh” were the first words that came out of and she scrunched up her eyebrows because she realized how bad her breathe smelt.

 

 

        Jisoo sat up and looked outside, it was sunny, just like yesterday. She rolled out of bed and stood up before colliding on the ground. “Jesus, there’s school today. How am I going to face Taehyung?” She asked herself while running her hand through her tangled hair, feeling her fingers get caught. Jisoo grabbed her uniform and undergarments then went to the bathroom to get ready. She finished with her orange signature lotion plus her uniform and trotted down the stairs, feeling much more refreshed then she was a few minutes ago.

 

 

        Jisoo wasn’t feeling hungry even with the smell of waffles and bacon wafting through the air which was really abnormal. Her mom looked at Jisoo up and down and broke into a grin. “My Jisoo is growing up!” Her mom yelled while running to her, almost knocking the frying pan down. ‘How fast can she change her emotions?” was the sentence that was running in Jisoo’s mind. Jisoo’s mom hugged her very tightly and Jisoo felt as if she couldn’t breathe for a second. Jisoo awkwardly patted her mom’s back and her mom finally released. “I’m so proud of you.” Were the words that came out of , her eyes suddenly starting to pool with tears. “Mom, why are you crying? What’s wrong with you?!” Jisoo asked frantically while grabbing her mom and shaking her whole body. Her mom almost started crying until she heard Jisoo say something. “His name is Kim Taehyung,” Jisoo whispered. “And he’s not like the rest of the guys, I promise. He’s nice and he doesn’t even acknowledge the weight that I have, he just thinks I’m a regular girl with a regular personality.” Jisoo’s mom immediately started grinning, feeling her eyes starting to get dried up.

 

 

        “Do you want anything to eat?” Her mom asked, going back to her usual duties. Jisoo politely declined the offer and her mom asked “Are you trying to lose weight for him?” Jisoo turned around and she gave her a small shake of her head, attentively picking her words. “I’m not trying to lose weight for anyone. He needs to like me for who I am and if I do lose weight, it’s for me and me only.” Jisoo’s mom smiled at her in pride. “I’m proud of you, Jisoo” And Jisoo felt as happy as yesterday.

 

 

        Jisoo bid her farewell as she walked out of her home and stepped outside. She plugged in her ear buds into her phone and started listening to ‘Sofa by Crush’. Not too long after, she approached the gates of school and walked in, feeling all eyes on her. Whispers of last night’s date with Taehyung were the main topic of today. ‘Those damn girls from yesterday probably started them’ Jisoo thought as she dug her nails into her hand.

 

 

        Jisoo’s head was down and she felt so vulnerable. “How the hell am I going to face him and the rest of school?” She murmured to herself so quietly that nobody could hear. Jisoo felt her shoulder bump into someone and she looked up, only to lock eyes with the one and only, Taehyung. 

 


I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a long time. It's just that school has been screwing me over and I needed to fix some of my things. Winter break has started so definitely look forward to more updates. Please enjoy this chapter, comment, and upvote! Thank you! -stephanotis.