Chapter 9

Post-it Notes

[A/N: unedited. *dances "Sorry Sorry"* ㅋㅋㅋㅋ]

 

Jongwoon blinked many times. He stared at the lone light-blue Post-It note at the Freedom board, processing the only word written on it. Heechul, who also got curious, stood beside Jongwoon. Sungmin, who was already inside the Student Council room, came out and joined the two in their "looking at the sticky note” business.

“End.” Sungmin read aloud. “What is that supposed to mean?”

                Jongwoon just frowned, his mouth slightly hanging open.

“I don’t know.” Heechul answered and tapped Jongwoon’s chin, a gesture that told him that he should close his mouth.

“We all know who wrote this. I just wonder why... No one would write notes that are at least entertaining, right Heechul hyung?”

“Aish! That brat! What is he up to this time?! He finally got fed up writing…” Heechul muttered through gritted teeth and went inside the room.

“Ya hyung! Wait! I didn’t hear what you’re ranting about!” Sungmin followed Heechul inside.

                `Jongwoon picked up the light blue-sticky note and inserted it in his notebook. He didn’t even think of surrendering that note to Heechul. His gaze was still fixed on the now empty board. His train of thoughts chugged its way around his brain.

“Staring at the board would not do any good to you Kim Jongwoon.”

                Jongwoon spun around and now he was eye to eye with Kyuhyun. He felt something, as if needles started to prick his chest. The younger seemed that he was not happy to see Jongwoon. Kyuhyun is a grumpy brat, that’s for a fact and Jongwoon knows how to deal with brats, especially Cho Kyuhyun. He was about to ruffle the younger’s hair when Kyuhyun suddenly walked inside the room, leaving his hyung gaping at him.

                It is usual for Kyuhyun to act arrogant and cold towards his hyungs, but Jongwoon was bothered by this since a week ago. Kyuhyun was really acting different towards him. Or perhaps Jongwoon is too conceited to think of that. He’s been paranoid since Kyuhyun is being strange. He’s sure that this isn’t one of the younger’s prank, it’s too much if this is really a prank and surely the younger wouldn’t settle this low just for a prank’s sake. Something’s really wrong… really wrong…

-xx-

“Uhmmm… Hyung?”

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG?!” Jongwoon planted his face flat on the table.

“Hyung is there something wrong?”

“Why are you throwing back that question to me, when I myself doesn’t know the answer?!” He retorted exasperatedly.

“Uhmmm. Hyung…  The librarian is looking at us? Can you tone down?”

“Sorry Ryeowook-ah…”

                Ryeowook placed the book that he’s holding back to the shelf and sat opposite to Jongwoon. He let out a sigh and patted his hyung’s head. Jongwoon sat up abruptly which surprised Ryeowook.

“Kyuhyun…” Jongwoon whispered.

                Jongwoon swore that he saw annoyance flickered in Ryeowook’s eyes. He asked himself again, why?  Ryeowook is not that kind of person who gets annoyed with someone. Those two get along, but why would Ryeowook feel pissed off at the mention of Kyuhyun’s name.

“Hyung do you want something to eat?  I am kinda starving. Let’s grab a bite ne?” Ryeowook grabbed Jongwoon’s hand and dragged him out of the library.

                And something’s wrong with Ryeowook, Jongwoon is sure of that. And it felt wrong that he thinks of Kyuhyun when Ryeowook’s with him. He can't help it. Kyuhyun was slowly occupying all of his thoughts. Jongwoon just let himself get dragged and get drown with more questions that certainly doesn’t have an answer at the moment.

-xx-

“Heechul hyung you don’t get tired of ramen don’t you?” Sungmin asked as he frowned at Heechul.

“Why? Ramen is life. And please, don’t look at me like I’ve grown two heads, I am too fab you know. Just eat. It’s my treat.”

“But it’s been the third time in a row this week that we are eating Ramen! Hyung, I want ice cream.” Sungmin pouted, split the wooden chopsticks into two and started to dig in to his ramen.

                Sungmin elbowed Kyuhyun, who was about to ask for a second bowl.

“What?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Where’s Jongwoon anyway?” Sungmin asked.

 “Probably he’s with Ryeowook. Why are you asking me?”

“You didn’t ask him to come with us?”

“Why would I do such a thing?”

“Oh right. Sorry for the stupid question.” Sungmin continued eating quietly.

“What’s with the hostile attitude huh Cho Kyuhyun? You on your period?” Heechul asked.

“I am normally hostile.” Kyuhyun said flatly.

“Not with us. Can you not? You’re obviously acting different.”

“Stop it hyung.”

“I won’t. Let’s play Starcraft tonight?”

“With pleasure Heechul hyung.” Kyuhyun’s voice was laced with enthusiasm. “And ask the bunny guy over there to play with us too.”

“Uhmmm… I am sorry I can’t join this time.” Sungmin said apologetically.

“Why?” Heechul and Kyuhyun asked in unison.

“I needed to go home now. Family thing. Heechul hyung thanks for the treat.” Sungmin bowed and hurriedly left the Ramen shop.

-xx-

“Ryeowook-ah! Join us here. Let’s watch this movie.” Donghae said excitedly as he held four pack of potato chips. “Welcome home dear by the way. Just change your clothes later. Come with me.”

                Ryeowook reluctantly followed his uncle to the living room. Today surely worn him out physically and emotionally. Hyukjae was sitting on the floor and Sungmin’s head was resting on his lap. Donghae sat on the couch and tapped the empty space next to him, asking Ryeowook to sit beside him. Ryeowook planted himself on the couch and got a bag of potato chips from Donghae.

“Seriously? Frozen? We’re going to watch Frozen?” Ryeowook asked in disbelief.

“I had this sunbae who’s really into Frozen. Since eomma might enjoy this, I borrowed a DVD copy of ‘Frozen’ from him.” Sungmin said.

“Awwwww. That is so sweet my pumpkin~!” Donghae bent down and kissed his son’s forehead, “But no movie can beat ‘Finding Nemo’. Always remember that baby.”

                The movie started. Ryeowook was too focused on eating the chips rather than the movie. Annoyance started to build up again. He can remember how bothered Jongwoon was today. He was pissed off that Jongwoon was greatly concerned on Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was doing his part very well. Well, Ryeowook talked to Kyuhyun and they came up with an agreement. It’s just that Jongwoon wasn’t really focusing on him. Jongwoon seemed like a cloud, drifting away from him. He was too absorbed with this thoughts that he didn’t even noticed that the movie ended.

“I liked what Olaf said.” Hyukjae said.

“Olaf said what?” Donghae asked.

Hyukjae mentally gave himself a facepalm . He was holding Donghae’s hand and placed a kiss on it.. “You don’t really focus on a movie unless there are fishes on it. Aigoo.”

“Eomma, here’s what Olaf said.”

                Ryeowook and Sungmin’s gazes met.

“Love is when you put others' needs before yours.” Sungmin said, not averting his eyes away from Ryeowook

 “That’s right. I think I am starting to like Olaf.” Donghae beamed  childishly. “Let’s watch it again this Friday night. Okay, time to sleep. Come on, staying up late isn’t healthy.”

                Donghae and Hyukjae already went upstairs. Sungmin was busy picking up the chips that fell on the carpet.

“Uhmmm… Sungmin hyung…” Ryeowook called.

“Yes Wookie?”

“Olaf’s definition of love doesn’t make any sense to me. Do you share the same view as with Olaf?”

                Sungmin stopped whatever what he’s doing. He took few strides and stood in front of Ryeowook.  The two of them locked gazes again.

“Hyung… I am asking you.”

Sungmin pulled Ryeowook closer and enveloped him into a hug. “If Olaf’s definition of love doesn’t make any sense, then define love.”

                Ryeowook was lost for words. The question was expected but he can't bring himself to answer Sungmin rested his chin on Ryeowook’s shoulder.

“What is love to you Kim Ryeowook?” He whispered.

“L-L-Love is…” Ryeowook stuttered.

“Perhaps you haven’t felt love. Maybe it’s just a obsession.”

                And with that, Ryeowook felt as if he was drenched with icy cold water.

 

[A/N: A random chapter. Ugggggh. I think I lost all my brain cells. XD Just kidding. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Comments are highly appreciated *O* <3]