Chapter 4

Post-it Notes

 

[A/N: I don't know what I've written. I haven't read this. I don't know if this would make any sense at all. T^T Errors on grammar are present. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Maybe I should sleep more. XD]

 



 

One man loves you
That man loves you with all his heart
Everyday like a shadow he follows you around
When that man smiles he is crying on the inside

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, you watch too many dramas, like Ryeowook does.” Jongwoon commented as he plucked out the post-it note from the board.

“I don’t hyung. Correction, I only watch Historical Dramas hyung. And I spend most of my precious time with my laptop and play Starcraft nonstop.”

“How can you write such notes with too much sadness? Don’t tell… You’re really in love KyuKyu?” Jongwoon’s eyes widened in excitement.

                Kyuhyun just stared blankly at his hyung. He shouldn’t celebrate the fact that Jongwoon finally figured out that he’s in love. Why? It’s because Jongwoon wouldn’t suspect even the slightest that the person Kyuhyun is hopelessly in love with is him.

Jongwoon nudged him gently, “Aigoo~~ Our Kyuhyunie is in love~~”

                Heechul popped out of nowhere and hit Jongwoon using the notebook that he’s holding. Just the right timing, Kyuhyun thought as he released his breath, he didn’t realize that he was holding it. Jongwoon can be so stubbornly annoying and cute at the same time when asking questions, and maybe it would lead to an unplanned confession from Kyuhyun. And Kyuhyun doesn’t want that, he would be half-shouting and gritting his teeth in annoyance to the elder as he pour out his romantic feelings for his precious hyung. That’s really a “no”, Kyuhyun inwardly shook his head.

“Hyung! What was that for?” Jongwoon scowled at the older as he rubbed the poor spot where the notebook landed.

“Don’t poke your nose on other’s business especially if you’re that slow. Hurry up and attend your choir practice. Teacher Lee would be there. I heard the other teachers talking about him having a surprise practice awhile ago in the faculty.”

“But how about the Student Council works? You don’t need help?” Jongwoon inquired.

“Just go ahead before Teacher slit your throats open. I’ll have Sungmin’s assistance.”

                Jongwoon darted towards the Music room, leaving Kyuhyun behind.

“Aigoo. Poor Cho.” Heechul shook his head in sympathy. “He’s not afraid of Teacher Lee actually. He’s just too excited to see that freshman. What was his name again?”

“Cut it hyung. I’ll deal with you later. Let’s play Starcraft. You’ll definitely eat my dust again.” Kyuhyun muttered as he started to walk towards Jongwoon’s direction.

“I’ll introduce you properly when those two idiots are done with their practice. Sorry about that Sungmin-ah.”

“It’s alright President Kim. Besides, my recruitment was just out of the blue.” Sungmin smiled.


 

                Teacher Lee was still his usual self. He’s a lot happier though, Kyuhyun noted. The music teacher is still strict with the routines. And he still asks Kyuhyun and Jongwoon to clean the Music room after the practice.

“We are his favorite cleaners.” Jongwoon said as he stacked the chairs properly.

“He hates me. My voice sounds million-folds better than his.” Kyuhyun boasted as he closed the windows.

“You are really keeping your feet on the ground Mr.Cho. Aigoo. So humble.”

“Sarcasm greatly appreciated hyung.” Kyuhyun smirked. “You won’t admit that I am better than you.”

“It’s true. You are better than me.” Jongwoon said almost in a whisper.

                Kyuhyun felt how serious his hyung was. Jongwoon would never claim that he’s better than someone else. He hates it when his hyung gets eaten by insecurity. Jongwoon is really gifted with a voice, not that Kyuhyun’s biased of course, in objective aspect, Jongwoon’s baritone voice is unique. And that’s one of the things that Kyuhyun love, his hyung’s voice.

“Remember, Teacher Lee calls you ‘Yesung’. And you’re the only student who has a nickname given by him.” Kyuhyun smiled reassuringly at his hyung.

“But why am I stuck with you during the cleaning duties?” Jongwoon unconsciously pouted.

                Upon hearing his hyung’s question, it’s as if daggers were directly aimed to his heart. Each letter of every word that Jongwoon said sent painful stabbing sensations into Kyuhyun’s chest, piercing his heart open, unsaid emotions gushing quietly from the wounds. He’s secretly thankful to Teacher Lee, for giving him time to spend with his hyung. As his eyes caught a glimpse of Jongwoon pouting, Kyuhyun smiled wistfully. His hyung is annoyingly oblivious and yet Kyuhyun thinks that his hyung’s denseness is quite appealing and adorable. He fished out his light blue pad of sticky notes and pen out of his pocket and wrote:

 

This love like the wind
This worthless love

 

“By the way Kyuhyun-ah, I’ll tell you something.”

 

                Kyuhyun just hummed in response. He continued writing.

 

Right now by your side

That man is crying

 

“Kyuhyun-ah. You know, I am so delighted to tell you this.” Jongwoon paused a bit. “Ryeowook and I are going out officially.”

                Kyuhyun tightened his grip on his pen. He suddenly felt the world was spinning around him. He closed his eyes. Deciding that he gathered himself together properly, he looked up and he was sent into a daze.

“I can’t believe that Ryeowook and I share the same feelings Kyu. I am beyond happy.”

                Jongwoon’s eyes were turned into half-moon slits. His smile was blinding. Another wave of pain invaded every nerve on Kyuhyun’s body. He felt numb, it as if needles were pricking him. Those smiles would never be for him. Never.

                And Kyuhyun is now really deprived of what he wanted the most in the world. And that is Kim Jongwoon. 



 

[A/N: Please don't kill me for making Kyuhyun so broken-hearted. T^T I just wanted to see that side of him so badly. too much angst. angst. angst. ;; Thank you for reading~! Effort and comments are greatly and well appreciated :))