Chapter 17

Post-it Notes

[A/N: Unedited, T^T Forgive me. Enjoy reading reader-deul~! ^^]

 

                Kyuhyun had his gaze fixed on Jongwoon’s retreating figure. He was rendered speechless as the elder hit him and ranted. Jongwoon rarely feels angry and upset at the same time. Well, if he does, then you really mean so much to him. The realization hit Kyuhyun like he was punched in the gut by an Olympic boxer. He kicked a pebble into the air (Oh dear. Poor pebble. XD). He began scolding himself.

                Why didn’t he say anything earlier?

                Why did he send a blank text message to him?

                Why did he drag his hyung with him while he was running for his life earlier?

                Why was he ignoring his hyung all this time?

                And then all the puzzle pieces fall into their right places. Everything makes sense now… And he wanted to smack himself here and there.

                He was being a coward. He was also acting like a child and an idiot hiding his true feelings. And the bottom line is… He simply misses his Jongwoon hyung so damn much.

 

-xx-

 

                Kyuhyun arrived at the music room and the practice was almost nearing the end. He entered the room using the back door and stood beside a freshman named Jinki. The latter shared his sheet music with Kyuhyun. He only stared at the paper. He cannot sing and his mind is still processing a lot of things. His heart wasn’t being helpful in any kind of way. He can’t act impulsive. He had been stupid for quite some time. If he would act rashly again this time, losing Jongwoon for real would be the price. He was shaken out from his reveries when Teacher Lee cleared his throat. The teacher gestured him to take his seat.

“You did well everyone! And as a reward, no additional one-hour practice for today. Alright! Everyone’s dismissed. Cho, stay. You know the drill.”

                One by one, the students emptied the room. Kyuhyun started to pick up pieces of litter and arranging the chairs. He noticed that Teacher Lee was also arranging the chairs on the other side of the room.

“Teacher, I can do this on my own.” Kyuhyun said.

“There is no Jongwoon to help you.” The teacher replied.

“Of course, he didn’t attend the practice.” He resisted to roll his eyes on his teacher, thinking why he would always state the obvious.

“Isn’t it alarming that he actually might be slipping away slowly?”

                It is one of Kyuhyun’s fear. To be honest, he is scared to lose Jongwoon. Seeing that his student froze on the spot, Teacher Lee smirked inwardly. He struck a nerve! Good job Lee Hyukjae! He mentally patted his shoulder, feeling proud of what he had done. He then chuckled, which brought Kyuhyun out of his trance.

“Just do it, kid. Regret will always slap every what-if when everything had been already done. Ah I remember! My son and I will go home together today. I need to go now.”

                As if on cue, Sungmin appeared by the door. Teacher Lee hurriedly gathered his things, and then the two bid goodbye to Kyuhyun. The latter gave a bow to his teacher and a nod to Sungmin.

                He continued fixing the chairs. He also erased the writings on the board. He carried the small trash bag and closed the music room. He went out to put the trash bag to the Recycling Area.  And then, he went to the restroom and washed his hands. His phone vibrated. He fished his phone out from his pocket. His eyes grew wide as he saw the caller ID. He swiped the green phone icon to answer the call.

“It’s Jongjng’s birthday tomorrow. Eomma is asking you to come. 6 PM sharp. You’re dead meat if you are late even just by a second.” And then the call ended.

 

-xx-

 

“What is with the tone of your voice Jongwoon-ah?”

                Jongwoon looked at his father, who’s currently reading newspaper. On the television, a replay of a baseball game is on air. Basketball is better, he thought and decided to get the remote to change the channel.

“Don’t you dare Kim Jongwoon. I’m watching.” His father warned, not even looking away from the newspaper that he’s reading.

“Yeobo! It is Jonghoon! Not Jongwoon anymore!” Her mother’s voice echoed from somewhere.

“Your mother really.” His father chuckled. “Ya kid, I said don’t you dare.”

“Appa. You are reading, eavesdropping, watching TV and playing with Kkoming using your feet, all at the same time.”

                Melo, the white dog, which comfortably cradled by Jongjin barked as if she’s agreeing with Jongwoon.

“You also do multi-tasking hyung.” Jongjin piped in.

Jongwoon gave his brother a “you-traitor” look, “No, I don’t!”

“Yes, you do son. And I am not eavesdropping, you are just sitting beside me young man.”

“Two versus one? Not fair!” Jongwoon complained and Melo seconded his motion by barking.

“Jongwoon’s angry with Kyuhyun. He has been ignored by his best friend these past few weeks.” Jongwoon’s mother finally joined the conversation. “Sit beside Jongjin, Hoon-ah~~”

                Jongwoon huffed his cheeks and settled himself beside Jongjin. He got Melo and hugged the fur ball.

“Ah Jonghoon-ah~ there is a basket of apples on the dining table. Bring them to Kyuhyun’s house. Now.”

“He will come tomorrow. Just give those apples tomorrow. I don’t want to see his ugly face.”

“They live just in front of us Hoon-ah~”

“I am watching TV.”

“You don’t like baseball games son.”

“At the count of 1…” Mrs. Kim started counting.

                Jongwoon stubbornly kept himself seated.  He didn’t budge.

“2… Don’t wait for—”

                Jongwoon stood up and placed Melo on Jongjin’s lap. He dashed towards the dining room. He carried the basket of apples and headed outside.

                He crossed the street. He pushed the gate open and walked towards the doorsteps. He rang the doorbell and was welcomed by a sleepy Kyuhyun. He handed the basket right away to Kyuhyun and turned his back on the younger. He walked towards the gate.

“Jongwoon!” Kyuhyun called out.

“What do you want you disrespectful brat?!” Jongwoon snapped as he faced the younger, a scowl etched on his face.

“Good night Jongwoonie~”

                He was about to punch the younger but then he got frozen on his spot. Kyuhyun was smiling at him. It has been ages since the last time that his best friend smiled at him.

“You too.” And he closed the gate behind him.

                He made his way to their house, debating with himself whether he should be happy about that or feel pissed with Kyuhyun. But his lips betrayed him as they curled upward and his stomach began to feel like there were butterflies warming inside him.



 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: HELLO~!!! Finally! Kkkkk. It's kind of... I don't know... hehehehe. Yeah. So here's an update. And good news is... CHAPTER 18 is also done~! ^^ I just needed to type it, I wrote these chapters actually on a notebook. hehehe. Feel free to tell me what you think about this update. ^^

 

- gyuyeye :)