Chapter 15

Post-it Notes

Jongwoon heaved a sigh and ran his both hands through his hair. He stretched out his arms like a cat and yawned. He reached for his pen and uncapped it. He turned the page of his notebook and started solving practice problems on Physics. Earlier, he was answering Math problems, and right now, he doesn’t have enough energy to deal with the Laws of Motions. He can’t afford to give up and be in a sour mood for the rest of the week. Next week, they will have their exams and he can’t lose focus. He can’t afford to let his grades flunk down just because he is bothered by his “heart matters.”

“Ah… Uhmmm… Excuse me Sunbae-nim~ Jongwoon sunbae-nim.”

Jongwoon turned around and looked at his name pin, “Ah yes.. Uhmmm… Kim Myungsoo?”

The student bowed his head and continued speaking, “President Kim asked me to tell you that you should go to the Student Council Room right away.”

          Jongwoon started to pick up his things.

“Ah sunbae let me help you..” Myungsoo offered.

“Aigoo. Heechul hyung already took much of your time. That hyung should have just sent a text message. Tch. Thank you so much Myungsoo-ah~” He patted the younger’s shoulder and went out of the study hall.

          Jongwoon made his way to the Student Council Room. Along the corridor, he met Heechul, who seemed to be in too much hurry that he didn’t see Jongwoon. Jongwoon grabbed the older by his arm.

“Aish! Like who on earth would--- Oh. Jongwoon-ah. Good heavens! Eww. Wait. You need to discuss matters with the others, arasseo? Lead the discussion okay? And I want to have ideas for the next school event. I really need to go to the Principal’s Office because they called a meeting. Bye Jongwoon-ah!”

“Hyung! Hyung! Wait!”

          But Heechul was already too far to catch. Jongwoon walked with heavy steps towards the Student Council Room. His mind is not into brainstorming mode, although his mind is being invaded by a storm, which is totally funny, he thought. As he entered the room, he saw Kyuhyun and Sungmin seated opposite to each other; currently playing chess. He cleared his throat and it seemed that the two were warped into the game. He knocked on the wooden table and the two sat up straight. Sungmin pushed the chess board a little farther from them.

“Let’s start.” Jongwoon said, his tone flat.

“Hyung. Are you alright?” Sungmin asked.

“I’m fine Sungmin-ah.” Jongwoon uncapped the whiteboard marker and is prepared to write. “There is an upcoming school event and Heechul asked me to have this brainstorming session. Any ideas in mind?”

          Sungmin started sharing his idea and Jongwoon wrote them down on the board. Sungmin came up with another and kept on speaking. Jongwoon turned to Kyuhyun and frowned.

“Are you listening Kyuhyun-ah?”

          But Kyuhyun was too focused on something. Sungmin kicked him under the table but the younger didn’t budge. Jongwoon saw that Kyuhyun was playing with a chess piece on his hand. The next thing that Jongwoon did was he threw the marker somewhere in the room. He put his hand on his wait and exasperatedly ran his other free hand through his hair.

“Ah hyung…” Sungmin’s voice faded as Jongwoon stormed out of the room.

“What happened to him?” Heechul asked as he leaned on the doorframe.

          No one answered.

“Lee Sungmin. Tell me.”

“Jongwoon hyung got angry because Kyuhyun wasn’t listening.”

“Give up Cho Kyuhyun. Just give up already. If you are being like this, stop. Go away. The day that you’ll come to your sense is light years away. I am tired of pushing and pulling and also being someone’s conscience.” And then Heechul slam the door shut.

-xx-

          Teacher Lee was on his way to the cafeteria but he stopped on his tracks. He saw a lone figure sitting under the shade of the tree. His curiosity tickled him so he walked towards the tree and realized that it was Jongwoon. He quietly sat beside his student. Only the wind leaves that rustled as the wind blew, distant classroom noises and the sound of them breathing can be heard. And after few moments, it was Jongwoon who broke the silence.

“I really feel down Teacher.”

          Teacher Lee nodded, silently urging the younger to spill more.

“I am angry at Kyuhyun. I can’t understand him. He’s avoiding, now, I am sure of that. That brat! Why won’t he tell me if I did something wrong? I’ve been having sleepless nights contemplating on that… but uggggh! Nothing! I don’t see a reason why would he avoid me. Can’t he stop being a baby and tell straight to my face what is wrong?!” Jongwoon took a deep breath and continued. “I am confused, I don’t know why I hated it… hated that I saw Kyuhyun and Ryeowook together. But the first thing that came to me was to drag Kyuhyun with me and leave Ryeowook behind. And it is wrong to leave Ryeowook behind. But why did I think of Kyuhyun first. Was it only my instinct?”

          Teacher Lee was about to speak but Jongwoon asked a question.

“What thing draws a line between infatuation and love?”

          Teacher chuckled and looked at the sky. Jongwoon frowned as he heard his teacher chuckling at him.

“Good questions Jongwoon-ah. I honestly don’t know what separates infatuation from love but both things are connected to attachments. From what I heard from you, you are attached to the both of them but, Kyuhyun weighs more. You can’t seem to put a label to it but you know it deep inside. You really know the answer.”

“Teacher… You are being vague… like Heechul hyung.. I am so sick of word plays already Teacher Lee!”

“It is because the words shouldn’t come from us. It is not our feelings which are involved. It is yours Jongwoon-ah. Yours. So don’t depend on people to say what should you do or feel about it.” He patted the younger’s shoulder and stood up, “I won’t handle practice later. Tell the others too. Good luck Jongwoon-ah~”

-xx-

 

 

 

[ A/N: Hello there ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I was able to come up with another short chapter. My apologies. T^T Anyways. Perhaps if I write short chapters I might update more often? Perhaps it won't take too long.. ㅋㅋㅋ Thanks you so much for putting you faith on me and on this fanfic of course. I hope you enjoyed reading ^^ <3 ]