Chapter 11

Post-it Notes

[A/N: I am really sorry for updating so late T____T I was busy with work and I am also studying again for my licensure exam. I hope you would like this short update my dear readers ^^ #KyuSung Jjang~~ <3]

 


 

“Come on Wookie, cheer up! We’re going on a trip!”

                Jongwoon gently nudged Ryeowook, encouraging the younger to board the bus as they got impatient stares from the other choir members.

                One afternoon in the Music Room, Teacher Lee suddenly felt that his precious club members should strengthen their bond with each other and came up with the idea of having a team building activity. The Music Room roared with excitement and enthusiasm but it seems that Ryeowook is not a fan of nature and camaraderie building.

                Ryeowook swore that he felt something is off with this trip. One thing that pissed him was their seat, he get to sit with Jongwoon but they are placed at the farthest part of the bus. Addition to his now very sour mood, he spotted a pair of cat-like eyes looking straight at him. Ryeowook resisted the urge to roll his eyes, he didn’t consider that idea, and instead he engaged the other into a staring contest.

“Ya Heechul hyung! Scoot over. I’ll sit beside Min.” Kyuhyun said. “Why are you even here in the first place?!”

Heechul broke eye contact with Ryeowook , “Well Min asked me to go with him since his dad asked him to tag along. Min’s such a nice friend isn’t he? Why would I move brat?! This is my seat. First come, first serve basis kiddo.”

                Kyuhyun sat beside Heechul and didn’t utter a word.  He plugged his earphones on and closed his eyes, shutting himself from the rest of the world. With a Cheshire cat-like smile plastered on his face, Heechul rested his head on Kyuhyun and looked at Ryeowook, who settled himself beside Kyuhyun.

“I thought you’d like to sit beside the window?” Jongwoon asked as he sat by the window.

“Good thing you’re clueless.” Ryeowook muttered.

“Eh? I didn’t quite catch that Wookie…”

“I said I’ll get dizzy hyung…” Ryeowook smiled and hoped that it didn’t look forced.

Jongwoon fumbled on bag when he felt his phone vibrated. He read the text message:

 

              Sender: 희형

              Being insolent that he is. >.>

              Someone’s jelly. This is going to be fun. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

              >:)

 

-xx-

 

                Feeling that his neck was a little stiff, Ryeowook groaned a bit and opened his eyes. He wanted to give himself a full smack on his own face as he realized he was resting his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. He didn’t bother to check if Kyuhyun was awake or asleep. He just straightened up and his eyes fell on the sleeping Jongwoon. He chuckled at the sight of the older, he was asleep and he’s clutching on his turtle plushie as if his life was depending on it.

“He brings that plushie whenever he goes on a trip.” Heechul remarked.

Ryeowook tore his gaze away from Jongwoon and threw a quizzical look at Heechul.

“I will tell you the reason later. I am sure you are curious. I can’t just talk out loud when I have two babies here leaning on each of my shoulder and sleeping peacefully. Aigoo. I never thought I would be fit for a mother role.”

“You just talked too much right now.” Ryeowook muttered.

“I really talk too much.” Heechul smirked. “And he brings that plushie so he can sleep at other places. He can sleep without that when he’s with his childhood best friend or me.” And then he glanced on his shoulder.

                Ryeowook was suddenly out of words. He gently rested Jongwoon’s head on his shoulder and the smell of coffee invaded his senses. He felt drowsy and then he fell asleep again. And he promised that Jongwoon wouldn’t need that plushie or his childhood best friend anymore.

-xx-

“Wake up now kiddos! Move your butts off your seats and let’s get going! Aish!! Ppali slowpokes!!” Heechul exclaimed.

                Kyuhyun was not in the mood to retort so he kept his face blank and just walked past by his hyung. He let his backpack hit Heechul’s face on purpose. He didn’t look back as the older ranted over his behavior.

“Hyung you are too loud!!” Jongwoon complained.

“He thinks he’s in-charge of this trip. Hyung, this is not under the Student’s Council’s jurisdiction. You have no power here.” Sungmin patted his hyung's shoulder and then laughed as he saw the elder's expression.

“You… Lee Sungmin… How could----” He was cut off when Sungmin place his hand over his mouth and dragged him out of the bus (almost literally, this cat-like diva was really on protest.)

“Are you alright Wookie?” Jongwoon inquired as he got their bags.

                Ryeowook was about to answer his hyung’s question but then Jongwoon hurriedly dashed outside. He was holding a navy blue cap. He heaved a sigh, carried the bags and followed his hyung.

“Kyu~! Kyuhyun-ah!” Jongwoon called out.

                Kyuhyun continued walking. He was put into stop by a hand on his shoulder. It was Sungmin.

“Kyu~ Aigoo. You forgot your cap. Eyyy. Careless brat.” Jongwoon handed the cap to Kyuhyun.

                Kyuhyun just nodded at Jongwoon and continued walking.

                Jongwoon was utterly shocked by Kyuhyun’s behavior. He was now sure that the younger is mad. But what is the reason, he asked himself. He was sure that he didn’t do anything that will disappoint the brat, he knew better than that. Even if he is a Ph.D holder in “Kyuhyun-ism” that focuses on how to handle a brat like him, he would do all, whatever it may cost just not to let himself do something that will upset Kyuhyun. He kept his head bent down. He focused his gaze to the ground.

“Hyung, are you alright?” Sungmin asked and he was a bit taken aback. “Ah hyung?”

Jongwoon smiled, “I’m alright. Let’s go Min~~ Hey~ Are we going to stay in one cottage?”

                Ryeowook witnessed it all. What Kyuhyun did, how Jongwoon reacted and how his hyung tried to sound cheerful in front of Sungmin. Jongwoon’s eyes were turned into half-moon slits, a smile curved on his face but Ryeowook didn’t fail to see the sadness in his hyung’s eyes.

“Smiles are like band-aids indeed. Come on Ryeowook.” Heechul patted his shoulder and then walked ahead of him.